Ampel plants occupy an honorable place in indoor floriculture. They not only decorate the interior of the house, these flowers can be landscaped balconies, loggias, terraces, gazebos. With the help of ampelous plants, you can diversify the annoying situation, hide unsightly corners in the house, defects of the walls.
Types of ampelous flowers
In the wild, these plants are soil-color, and at home they form lush, voluminous bushes. The special charm of the amber flowers gives drooping stemswhich effectively hang down from flower pots, as well as beautiful, shiny leaves.
Ampoule flowers are grown in hanging pots, baskets, you can use supports with coconut fiber wound on them, bamboo ladders.
Ampel indoor plants are:
- Decorative leafy: chlorophytum, asparagus, begonia, dichondra, ampelous ficus. These are plants with leaves of unusual shape and color, and their flowers are usually small and inconspicuous.
- Amppel type succulents: Wood's tseropegia, Siebold stonecrop, Morgan stonecrop, Rowley's godson. Beautiful cascades of small fleshy shoots look great in vertical gardening.
- Flowering ampels: campanula, fuchsia, ipomoea, pelargonium, eschinantus, calibrachoa. A variety of flowers in shape and color allows you to apply them to almost any style of interior.
About the most popular home ampelous plants in more detail.
Perennial indoor flower, has narrow green or white-green leaves, flowers are small, white. Unpretentious culture can grow in any soil, in the sun or in the shade. From sunlight, the leaves become brighter. Chlorophytum easily tolerates a lack of moisture, without water, the leaves will wither, but will not dry out, and the plant will quickly recover.
Humidity and air temperature do not affect its condition. In summer, you should sometimes rinse the flower under a warm shower. In winter, it is enough to water it once a week, in summer - once every two days. From May to September, it is important to regularly apply mineral fertilizers.
Transplantation carried out every two years. The flower forms a mustache, at the end of which a new young plant (“baby”) develops. A child escape can be cut and put in a pot. If there is no mustache, then the adult bush can be divided into several parts and seated. Chlorophytum is better placed on a hill so that the mustache can hang freely.
Unpretentious and blooming culture. Flowers 3–8 cm in size, terry, semi-double and simple (the form is similar to chrysanthemums), are: red, coral, orange, yellow, white, crimson, burgundy, lemon, peach. Begonia blooms from spring to autumn.
Shoots 30–45 cm long. For lush flowering, the plant requires weakly acidic soil, regular, moderate watering, diffused sunlight, and fertilizing with mineral organic and nitrogenous fertilizers. Begonia propagates by cuttings, seeds and division of tubers.
In order to get a plant from cuttings, cut off the shoot and put it in the water before the formation of the roots. To obtain a spreading plant, 5–6 shoots are planted in a pot. You can also divide the adult bush into several small ones and plant them in different pots.
In winter, the plant is taken into the room. Seed method is complex and does not always give the desired result, it is used by experts to breed new varieties. In the summer, you can plant begonias, a balcony, a loggia, a gazebo.
The second name is bindweed. Very popular flowering plant with gardeners, but it is grown in indoor conditions. In these conditions, the flower requires more careful care. He does not like drafts and dry air. Humidity is very important, so in the summer ipomeyu sprayed twice a day.
Active growth begins in March and continues until August. During this period, the ipomoea needs feeding. Every two weeks it is recommended to apply fertilizer intended for cacti.
Abundantly flowering plant requires a lot of lightWhen placing it not on the south windows, additional lighting is required.
Long shoots resemble a vine, leaves are narrow. The flowers have the shape of a funnel, there are different colors. Each flower pleases the eye for only one day, and then fades, but it is not so noticeable, because the ipomoea blooms profusely, new buds are formed every day.
Beautiful richly flowering plant. Ampelnye varieties have gained popularity recently. Flowers of medium size, double, semi-double, simple variety of colors:
- white and pink
- red white
The flower is unpretentious, prefers dim sunlight or partial shade, moderate watering and spraying, the average room temperature without a draft.
It is necessary to feed the flower while actively growing and blooming, remove dried buds to make room for the development of new flowers. It is necessary to periodically cut off the old damaged stems, for rejuvenation. During flowering, you can not transfer, move and constantly rotate the fuchsia, otherwise the flowers will begin to fall off.
The flower can be propagated by seed or cuttings. A young shoot is taken as a stalk. It must be put into water for rooting, and then transplanted into pots. You can combine several varieties of fuchsia in one pot.
The plant is prone to disease, it is necessary to carry out treatment from pests in a timely manner. Fuchsia should winterize properly. It is necessary to choose a dark place for it with a temperature of 4–8 ° C. In the spring the plant is put on the window, cut off part of the shoots, fuchsia begins to form young twigs and blooms.
Perennialbut gardeners use it as an annual. Flowers and leaves are small. The flowers are white, blue, purple and pink. Bacopa prefers slightly acidic, moist soil, fertilizing is carried out with mineral fertilizers. The plant blooms all summer season, can winter on the insulated loggia or indoors.
Indoors, you need to constantly spray the plant, from dry air it can affect aphid and whitefly. It is recommended to regularly inspect the flower and process it in a timely manner from these pests. Bacopa propagated by cuttings or seeds. For cuttings use the upper parts of the shoot, they are cut, rooted and transplanted into the pot.
Ampelnaya perennial plant, used for gardening balconies, loggias, terraces gazebos. Dichondra is valued because of the beauty of the leaves, they are green or silver. The length of the hanging shoots can reach 1-1,5 meters. Dichondra blooms almost imperceptibly. Flowers are very small about 3 mm in diameter: white, green or yellow.
Dichondra is a light-loving plant, prefers moist soil, can grow in partial shade, but due to the lack of sunny colors the leaves become dull. Scientists can not give an exact answer, how many varieties of dichondra exist; two varieties are popular among gardeners: “emerald waterfall” and “silver waterfall”.
Flower propagated by cuttings and seeds. The easiest way: you need to cut off the shoot, put it in the water to form roots, then land it in a glass with the soil. When the process takes root, it must be transplanted into a pot. To obtain a lush plant in a pot you need to plant several shoots. The plant is resistant to diseases and pests. In the winter you need to bring dichondra from the street into the room.
Is a relative of petunia. The plant has long lignified stems, flowers are small, 2-3 cm in diameter, in form resemble bells. Initially, there were only purple flowers, but now there are different shades: white, red, pink, peach, yellow, orange. The leaves are green, small. Calibrachoa blooms profusely and long. Usually the petals of the flowers are simple, but you can find varieties with terry.
The plant loves heat and sunlight, is afraid of drafts and torrential rains. It should be planted in hanging pots, baskets or boxes. Suitable loose, neutral or slightly acidic soil. The earth should not be permanently waterlogged.
The flower can be propagated by cuttings. It is necessary at the end of the summer to cut off the upper part of the shoot and plant it in the ground for rooting, and then in the spring from these shoots to cut off the growth and root. Ready young shoots are transplanted into a permanent pots.
Calibrachoa has seeds, but it is not easy to grow young with identical traits from the mother plant, as most varieties are hybrids. Calibrachoa must be fed, potassium and phosphorus are required for budding and lush flowering. During the period of active growth and flowering, the plant must be fed once a week. You need to constantly remove faded buds so that new ones can develop.
Interior decoration with ampelous plants
If the flowers are chosen with taste and competently, they harmoniously fit into any style.
- For the living room are ideal ferns in hanging pots. A great opportunity to show imagination and choose those types of flowering ampelous plants that will be combined with the design of the room. Do not forget that the flowers should be at some distance from the heating and electronic devices.
- For the bedroom are suitable species of ampel with small leaves. You can revive the interior with the help of elegant species of ficus, begonia, ivy. It is not recommended to choose for the bedroom instances with a strong, pungent smell and bright colors.
- In the kitchen, chlorophytum, aglaonema, epipremnum, which perfectly purify and moisturize the air, will be the ideal accommodation option.
When placing the Ampel in the nursery, you must be careful and study the characteristics of a plant. Some of them may be poisonous.cause allergies. All flowers must be at a height out of reach of children, otherwise the child can reach long, hanging branches and overturn pots on themselves.
Ammelnaya plants, their features and advantages
Ammelnaya plants with flexible and long stems are not able to keep upright. Because of this feature, such flowers in nature most often spread along the ground, and at home they need a support or a suspension. What are these plants won the hearts of flower growers?
- One of the main advantages of ampelous flowers is their ability to grow quickly and bloom throughout the warm season,
- Such flowers can be grown almost everywhere: in the garden, on the open veranda, on the glassed-in balcony and even in the room on the windowsill,
- Hanging pots do not take up much space and look beautiful from any angle. This flower garden will be a great interior decoration,
- Some species can bloom even in the cold season, if you create greenhouse conditions for them. For this fit a glazed balcony or living room,
- Ampel plants often do not require constant thorough care. For them, it is enough to create comfortable temperature conditions, not to forget about watering and seasonal feeding.
In addition, these flowers have a very diverse color, so that any area with them will sparkle with new colors.
It will be useful to read:
Succulents tend to store water in the tissues of the leaves and stems. It is thick and dense, fleshy stems and leaves that distinguish this group of plants from the rest. In the care of succulents unpretentious, they do not require frequent watering, but they are light-requiring. Among ampel succulents are most common:
- Sedum or sedum. There are a lot of species of this plant, it is unpretentious and differs by unusual forms. As an ampel, you can use the sedum Morgana, sedum Burrito and others.
- Aporokaktus pleytevidny or cactus "rat tail". It can be originally tied up or leave the stems and flowers hanging from the pots. From a distance, this plant resembles the green tentacles of an octopus,
- Tseropegiya Wood, characterized by pale red stems and dark green leaves with white veins, is a popular indoor plant,
- Rowley's dacha differs in that small “balls” grow on its stems, capable of covering a very large area. It looks original on window sills and alpine slides,
- Ripsalis kassuta (empty) - a bright bunch of greenery in a pot. They are well decorated with pots on stands in the house, window sills and bar counters. Like all succulents, is an unpretentious plant in the care.
The most common flowering ampelous plants are:
- Fuchsia. Perennial with very unusual bright colors, similar to openwork Chinese lanterns. This is a pretty unpretentious indoor flower,
- Pelargonium ampelous or ampelous geranium. Due to the long flowering and ease of care, this flower is very popular. Geranium loves warmth, light, free space,
- Ahimenez, another name - kruchenoplodnik. A phlox or petunia-like flower with a flexible stem. Observe the light mode for this flower is necessary depending on the stage of its growth. It also requires regular abundant watering and room temperature,
- Columney. This flower is popularly called the “indoor orchid”, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with the kind of orchids. A rather demanding culture, without proper care, simply will not bloom. She needs good lighting without direct sunlight, high humidity and no drafts. Blooms orange-yellow and bright red flowers.
- Petunia ampelous or one of its sortogruppy surfiniya. Blooms profusely in good light, withstands temperature drops to zero degrees Celsius, but it should be watered daily. The flowers of this plant are large, bright. It has many varieties of various shades, from dark purple to bright white, and the delicate pink color of this plant is quite common. This flower is often found in the photo of summer cottages. Light and heat-loving plant, prefers loamy or sandy soil.
Decorative leafy crops
Despite the fact that such amphels bloom inconspicuously, they have an unusual appearance and look great in pots:
- Hanging Zebrina (Tradescantia). This name Zebrina received because of the white and silver stripes on the leaves. This striped plant combines dark purple, green and light colors and looks very unusual in flowerpots. Its advantage is simplicity, so that the tradescantia is suitable even for novice gardeners,
- Crested or Cape chlorophytum. It is one of the most popular indoor plants. The lush bush of long striped or green leaves looks great in hanging pots. Chlorophytum blooms with small flowers like lilies, which makes it doubly unusual,
- Ficus creeping. This culture with rich green leaves and elastic shoots almost does not require care, and this deserves its popularity among indoor plants,
- Plektrantus southern, for its winding stems received the popular name "Scandinavian ivy". The leaves of this plant really look like ivy. Requires abundant diffuse lighting and frequent watering,
- Asparagus, also called asparagus. The light green shoots of this plant seem to be air clouds planted in flower pots. Demanding to the light, but not capricious to temperature changes,
- Amblel Dichondra, often referred to as a silver or emerald waterfall. It looks amazing on the alpine hills, arches and walls of houses. A large number of small leaves on the branches of this plant, cascading down from above, resembles a green waterfall.
We select a place
When choosing a place for seedlings of ornamental crops in the country, as well as the optimal location of flower pots in the apartment should take into account the peculiarities inherent in each type of ampelous plants. For example:
- Shade-tolerant plants are ampel balsam, ampelous varieties of viola and prostrate nolana,
- Petunia, verbena, Bidens and Moorish bindweed are not afraid of the sun rays,
- Moisture-loving sutra, breeder, room balsam and dikhondra,
- Verbena, pelargonium and various succulents endure drought,
- Resistant to gusts of wind euphorbia hanging.
It is also necessary to observe the rule for ampelous plants, according to which it is impossible, for example, to plant moisture-loving plants along with succulents, and shade-loving plants with those that need bright lighting.
It will be useful to read:
Compositions of ampelous flowers in your home
Ampelnye flowers for the garden should be planted on large raised flower beds, alpine slides or put pots with them on decorative stands. Best of all on the lawn or among the trees will look garden flowers of bright colors, for example, red or blue. For cultivation on the street is more practical to choose perennials.
Amputelnye flowers for the balcony is better to choose from annual species with a long flowering period. For example, it can be an ampel geranium, fuchsia, petunia, vervain, which should be sown from late February to mid-March. On the glassed-in balconies and loggias, floral arrangements of pastel shades will look good. Выставляя цветы на балконе, также удачным вариантом будут имеющие приятный аромат.
Ампельные цветы могут украсить любой уголок в вашем доме или саду. The shoots of dichondra, aspargus or Rowley's gardener, falling from the window sill, will look especially original.
Ampiel plants can also be used as vertical gardening. For example, they will look great on the wall of a house or gazebo. To do this, choose those species that do not require meticulous care.
Properly caring and choosing the right places for seedlings of ampelous plants, you can create unique compositions that will delight you with their bright flowering and beauty of forms.
Features and advantages of ampelous plants
In nature, ampelous plants simply spread along the ground, but when planted in tall pots or planters, they fully reveal their decorative potential.
Lush flowering hats with hanging shoots complement the home interiors, but they look especially beautiful on the balcony, porch or in the garden. What are the advantages of these cultures:
- Ampel plants, with proper care, quickly grow and move to the stage of their maximum decorative effect. They bloom throughout the warm season, delighting gardeners bright buds until frost.
- Suspended pots and high pots can be installed in any convenient place on your site, and flowers will be visible from any angle.
- A variety of species and varieties of ampelous plants will allow you to create unique and vibrant compositions in your garden.
The main advantage is that ampelous plants, due to their varietal characteristics, practically do not require care, the main thing is to provide them with optimal lighting and constant watering.
Flowering ampelous plants
Today, there are many varieties of ampelous flowering plants on the market that you can grow in pots and pots in your garden. Among this variety can be identified several of the most popular with gardeners and beautiful flowers.
Ampel varieties of luxurious alissum will allow you to decorate your garden with spectacular balls full of small flowers. Dense brushes on strongly branching plants have a pleasant noble aroma that will envelop the space next to the alissum with soft notes.
A large number of varieties of ampelous allisum will allow you to choose those plants that will be beneficial to complement the exterior of your site with their bright flowers.
Spherical lush flowering bushes hung on the porch, racks or growing in flowerpots on the lawn will certainly become a central element in the decor of your garden.
Classic Pansies also have ampelous varieties. Bright flowers with a variety of colors, planted in pots or large garden pots, will be a central element of your garden.
Ampel Viola is incredibly decorative and beautiful in itself. Flowering plants create a spectacular composition that does not require other additions.
The unpretentious perennial has bright flowers resembling openwork Chinese lanterns. Ampel varieties differ in lush inflorescences and sprawling shoots that retain their decorativeness until late autumn.
Amplone fuchsia requires painstaking care: regular pinching of the shoots, timely application of fertilizing. In addition, for the location of pots and flowerpots with spreading plants, you will need to find a place in the penumbra, because they do not tolerate heat.
Lobelia, on the contrary, loves the sun and heat, in such conditions it actively grows, delighting gardeners with long sprawling shoots with many bright flowers. The period of decorative plant lasts until autumn.
Lobelia is ideal for decorating the porch and the terrace, combining several varieties in one pot, you can achieve a bright and harmonious composition.
The ornamental plant does not like excessive moisture, so watering should be carried out strictly according to the indications.
Before our gardeners began to grow luxurious petunias, pelargonium sat on an ampel "throne". A fragrant geranium with lush buds adorned balconies, terraces and gazebos.
Flexible hanging shoots of pelargonium look very elegant and impressive, and the period of decorativeness lasts until autumn.
Pelargoniums enjoy a sunny place, in the warmth it thrives well and blooms magnificently. Depending on the selected variety, your site can effectively decorate white, purple, purple or two-color inflorescences.
Resistant to drought, pelargonium will be the perfect decoration for giving a "weekend".
Ampel nasturtium pleases gardeners with their original form of red, yellow and orange flowers until frost. The lush greenery contrasts organically with the inflorescences, creating the feeling of a bright waterfall flowing from flower pots.
Nasturtium produces shoots up to a meter long, which look quite elegant in any container. Gardeners have long appreciated the decorativeness of ampelous varieties and combine different colors in the pot. Lush flowering, unpretentiousness and showiness - this is what makes nasturtium most popular.
The flexible stems of Ahimenes have beautiful flowers like phloxes and petunias. The plant is quite capricious and thermophilic, so it is better to grow it in a winter garden or in pots, which you can transfer to the house for the period of the summer cooling.
Luxurious varietal variety will allow you to choose achimenes with inflorescences of perfect shades, which will be harmoniously combined with the overall exterior of your patio and with other colors.
The only drawback is that the plant should be planted at the time recommended by the manufacturer, since each stage of its development requires a certain light regime.
Ampel petunia today - the most popular flower, which adorn the garden, gazebos and terraces. If the plant is provided with good lighting, it will bloom luxuriantly and abundantly, delighting the gardener with its decorativeness until frost.
In order for the petunia to abundantly and lushly bloom with its bright and large inflorescences, it needs to ensure regular daily watering. Among the many varieties of this beauty, you can easily select plants, “gramophone” which harmoniously fit their shade into the overall ensemble of your problem.
Bright clusters of inflorescences of ampelous begonia have large sizes up to 8 cm and various forms. Petals, depending on the grade may have a red, orange or yellow color. Having provided begonias with high-grade leaving, you will achieve its long magnificent flowering.
Begonia is very capricious of violations of the irrigation regime: an excess of moisture will lead to root rot, which will culminate in the drying of the flower. The plant is also experiencing a drought very hard, so it is better not to plant it in summer houses at the weekend.
The usual snapdragon has some spectacular ampel varieties that you can plant in pots, pots or large outdoor pots. A rich selection of colors of inflorescences will allow you, by mixing several shades, to create a unique and harmonious composition.
The snapdragon will look especially good on open terraces and pergolas on the walls. Inflorescences have a pleasant delicate scent that gently scatters around. The decorative period of an ampelous plant lasts until the first frost, it is resistant to precipitation and cooling.
Varied in color, inflorescences of ampelous verbena will satisfy the tastes of the most sophisticated gardeners. Red, lilac, white, blue, pink - they will fit into any floral ensemble.
The main advantage for which verbena is so fond? - its multiple blooms per season. In the middle lane, a lush bush produces flower stalks up to 4 times per summer.
In more detail about blooming ampelous plants and features of their choice, you will learn from the video:
Interesting "ampelnye" solutions
It is not necessary to plant only flowering plants in flowerpots and pots; in some cases, ampelous succulents or decorative leafy varieties of flowers will look much more effective and harmonious.
Succulents are ideal for summer vacationers. Plants accumulating moisture in their tissues will survive weekdays in the heat without watering without harm to themselves.
Unpretentious succulents of ampelous varieties will grow well on lighted terraces and in flowerpots in open space. Most often gardeners for street cultivation choose Sedum, tseropegiyu, a gardener and an aporocactus (“rat tail”):
From ornamental foliage plants can be identified several popular indoor flowers, which in summertime will be a spectacular decoration of your porch, open terrace or decorative elements of the courtyard.
Green and purple tradescantia, chlorophytum, creeping ficus and Scandinavian ivy will add pleasant green notes and coziness, as well as create harmonious three-dimensional shapes.
Dichondra looks especially great in pots. It looks like a spectacular silver-emerald waterfall, and thousands of small leaves on the spreading stems of dichondra create a charming air cascades.
This amazing plant is charming because it is beautiful both by itself and in combination with decorative flowers. You can plant petunias and dichondra in one pot, put it in a sublime place.
By the middle of summer, a spectacular silver-emerald waterfall will "flow" from bright inflorescences downward; such a composition will not leave anyone indifferent.
Adding an article to a new collection
Take on the list of ideal plants for large pots and containers and go for the seedlings!
Ashpo is not only small pots for ampelous domestic plants, but also large pots of street size. We tell you what plants to "populate" just such containers.
Begonia is one of the main favorites of urban landscapers: this flower can be found in flower beds, rabatkah and balcony containers. It blooms all season (from May to October), does not require complex care, transfers return frost. This makes it an ideal plant for outdoor street pots.
In early summer, seedlings of begonias can still be planted.
Viola, or pansies, are welcome guests in any flower garden. They do not lose their beauty even at low temperatures and prolonged rains.
These unpretentious babies impose only two requirements to flower growers: timely watering and sufficient lighting. Therefore, do not plant viola too close to each other - maintain a distance between plants of 20 cm.
Learn more about viola breeding in our material:
Geykhery - amazing plants that delight a huge variety of colors.
In culture, geyhers are grown of several types: cylindrical, American, small-flowered, gooseberry, blood-red, hairy, hybrid.
Breeders deduced a large number of ornamental varieties with beautiful leaf color. We collected the most popular ones in one article:
Geykhers are light-requiring, therefore pots with them should be installed in a sunny place.
Undersized hydrangea paniculata
Hydrangea paniculata is one of the most common types of hydrangeas in gardens. To the delight of all lovers of container gardens, many varieties of this species are stunted. For example, hydrangea
with delicate white and pink inflorescences or pale green Little Lime grow to only 70 cm in height and 50-100 cm in width.
You can also plant in large containers of hydrangea varieties Pastel Green - a new selection of 2016.
Lavender is a beautiful, fragrant perennial. The fashion for him has been going on for many seasons.
Lavender is great for planting in street pots in the summer. This culture loves the sun and does not need frequent watering. You can not worry that it dries under the hot summer sun.
The advantages of ampel colors
The huge choice and variety of ampelous crops, as well as the fact that they bloom almost all summer, is their main advantage. Also, ampelous plants are an element that can clog any flaw and turn it into an advantage. Creating unique flower arrangements is possible thanks to an incredible number of colors, shapes and types of flowers, which are greatly appreciated not only by professionals - landscape designers, but also by amateur flower growers.
What ampel flowers to choose for pots
There are many types of these wonderful plants. To choose flowers for planters, it is important to know how to care for them.
- Ampel petunia blooms until the first cold, loves a sunny place, rich soil and moderate watering.
- Calibrachoa needs a rich and nutritious soil. If you regularly water the plant, then the calabraha can easily be in the sun.
- Surfiniya requires regular watering and fertilizing, easily transfers direct sunlight.
- Tumbelina, like petunia, grows well in nutrient soil and likes regular watering, and it develops well in the sun.
- Bacopa blooms before the onset of frost, unpretentious to light, loves moderate watering.
- Verbena can tolerate frosts down to –3 ° C, as well as drought. Does not like overmoistened soil, feels good in the sun.
Consider each view separately.
Petunia - the most popular type of plant among flower growers. This is due to the variety of shapes and colors that allow you to create beautiful compositions. Ampelous petunias begin to sag in the condition of seedlings, they grow very quickly and begin to hang from hanging pots. A variety of ampelous petunias are the hybrids "Fortuna Wonder Wave" and "Fortuna Wave". They are characterized by large and abundant flowers, and shoots sometimes reach 100 cm.
The most popular varieties of petunia:
- "Avalanche Red".
The most famous type of pelargonium ampelous is considered to be pelargonium thyroid, or ivy. In the wild, it lives in South Africa. The shoots of thyroid geraniums reach 90 cm. The leaves are smooth, unlike the usual vertically growing pelargonium, which has leaves covered with a fluff. Flowers are in the form of stars, collected in one bunch. The inflorescence is large, has up to 30 small flowers, which bloom up to 6 days each. The color of flowers varied: pink, purple, white, lilac, two-tone, as well as with a border, spots and strokes.
Dichondra - This is a perennial herbaceous evergreen plant belonging to the family of convolvulidae. The genus Dikhondra has 10 species of plants. Dichondra is distinguished by its long shoots, which reach a length of 1.5 m. Its decorativeness, compared to other ampelous plants, is preserved thanks to not beautiful abundant flowers, but bright green leaves densely planted on the stems. They are round and reach 2.5 cm in diameter. Dichondra has an inconspicuous yellowish bloom, the flowers are very small, only 2 mm.
The most popular type of amidel dichondra is silver or creeping dichondra.
In countries where winters are frosty, dichondra is grown as an annual flower, as it is considered a heat-loving plant. In the warm southern countries, dichondra is grown as a perennial. Interestingly, in Australia dichondra creeping is so common in nature that it is considered a weed, which is actively struggling.
Ampel campaign - herbaceous plant with stems up to 30 cm. Leaves are round with jagged edges, light green, up to 5 cm in diameter. Campanula blooms in white or blue in different shades of color. People call this flower "bride and groom", because the campanula has two-color buds. Campanula flowers are fairly abundant and large, up to 4 cm in diameter. Campanula flowering continues from spring to autumn, which is very attractive flower growers, so the flower is considered quite popular for growing.
Lobelia - perennial herbaceous plant belonging to the bell family. In the wild, it grows in North America. Often used florist as one-year. For lobelia are characterized by elongated, small, shiny leaves, which are densely located on the stems, reaching 50 cm. Small flowers of lobelia are blue, blue, purple, purple.
Nasturtium – это многолетняя культура, которая распространена в дикой природе в Южной и Центральной Америке. Для декоративных целей используется как однолетка.
Виды ампельной настурции:
- Terry nasturtium - propagated by seeds, has incredible terry flowers, for which it is also called super fragrant,
- climbing nasturtium - has long stems that, when grown in a hanging pot, form a green cascade.
Homeland fuchsia - the tropics of Central and South America. Simple, double and semi-double types of fuchsia have pink, white, red, purple color. The leaves are oval, pointed shape, bright green, reach a diameter of 5 cm.
Popular varieties of ampelous fuchsia are:
- "Bikantenial" - has a red color flowers,
- "Sir Matt Busby", "Bella Rosella" - white-pink color,
- "Southgate", "Pink Galore" - pink color,
- "Hollis Beauty" - white color,
- "Swingtime" - white and red color,
- "Dark Aes", "Maori Maid" - purple-red color.
What plants are suitable for ampel growing
For ampel growing choose colorful plants, beautifully blooming, or having long, hanging from the pots shoots. Nasturtium or petunia to some extent possess this property. And the viola, snapdragon and pelargonium (geranium) are not curling or hanging, but colorful and meet all the requirements of ampelous floriculture. Anyway, all the options are very consistent with decorative purposes when grown in hanging baskets. Nowadays, even small bushes are used for planting in a hanging vase.
Most popular and well-known plants for amulet dilution listed in the following list.
- Petunia is distinguished by a variety of colors, long flowering throughout the summer, ease of care.
- Pelargonium (geranium) - a popular plant. Its conditions are warm and the sun, watering is not too abundant, tolerates drought.
- Ampelnaya begonia prefers sunny place. In such conditions, it is most beautiful, it blooms with red flowers on long stems. In the rest - not very demanding to care.
- Verbena also does not require complex care, blooms for a long time. It grows well in loosened fertile soil, loves the sun.
- Campanula belongs to the bell family, has stems over 20 centimeters, hanging down. The flowers are white, light blue or slightly purple color. The plant blooms very plentifully and looks beautiful with it. The composition of two pots with white and blue flowers is called the "bride and groom." Hang on the window - as close as possible to natural light. But strong sunlight does not tolerate.
- Ampelnaya fuchsia - indoor beautiful blooming perennial plant. Graceful white and pink or purple flowers appear in autumn. Prefers moist soil, but not excessively. It is not recommended to expose it to direct sunlight.
- Viola - "pansies" is distinguished by its pleasant-looking colors with a rich and varied color, very decorative. There are special ampel varieties of this plant.
In addition to these, in this type of floral design ampelous flowers are widely used for pots, whose names are less well known.
- Surfiniawhich is characterized by different shades of flowers and abundant blooms. Grows rapidly, propagates vegetatively
- Lyubelia with shoots dangling like a waterfall, flowers of various colors: white, blue, pink. Blooms in June, if sown on time.
- Bakopa common in America and Europe, but we are still not enough popular. Loves the heat, the sun that provides flowering.
- Dichondra complements other plants, combining with them, forming hanging cascades.
The fact that some ampelous plants are not known to everyone does not diminish the significance of such a culture in decorating.
How to choose plants for the garden
Flowers or plants of one species look great in hanging pots. But you can plant two or more species in one basket. Then it will be possible to combine plants and make whole compositions. Plants are distinguished by species and growing conditions.
List the ampelous plants for the garden. The names of them, depending on the method of growing the following.
If they were transferred to the garden for the summer, and usually overwinter in the room, then these are perennials: pelargonium, begonia.
- Pelargonium is suitable for the case when it is not possible to water the plants regularly. It endures heat, heat, drought, being an unpretentious culture.
- Begonia and lyubelia, on the contrary, do not tolerate heat, require regular watering and care.
Both plants can or should be placed in shaded areas.
Garden annuals you need to sow in early spring or take ready seedlings.
- Ampel petunia is suitable for multi-color combinations. From it make flowering balls and cascades, decorated with vertical designs. Loves the sun, good soil and regular watering. Petunia, as well as bugopa, are distinguished by long flowering, up to a cold autumn.
- Lyubelia carries the sun, but she also needs a always moist and fertile soil.
- Ampelnaya dikhondra - still new in use, not all known plant. Differs in long shoots more than a meter in length. Small leaves sometimes have a silvery coloring. Suitable for vertical gardening.
Amputee flowers for the garden, the names of which have not been listed, are also viola, nasturtium, balsam, nolana, diastia, convolvulus, and scyvola.
Hanging flower vases easily transferred to a new place, creating a new look to the old landscape of the garden. Dull or boring parts are enlivened with pots. When used outdoors, annual flowering plants are often used. They grow rapidly, requiring the implementation of only the most simple rules of care. For example, in one pots do not plant plants that love moisture and are resistant to drought. As well as light-loving and shade-loving.
Plants for the balcony
In the interior room plants are used for ampel cultivation. In the summer, they can be transferred to the balcony, veranda. These are begonia, fuchsia, campanula, geranium, perennials listed earlier. For the colorful and colorful decoration of the balcony, they sow petunia, nasturtium and other annuals. Sowing is done in pots with soil or balcony box. Hanging vase is convenient because it can be outweighed from place to place, changing the look of the veranda. Just like in the garden, they make blooming balls or cascades on terraces and balconies from petunias, love and surfini. Balcony boxes should be well fixed or stably placed.
Plants for hanging pots
Campanula ravnolistnaya, fuchsia, ampelous begonia are well known to fans of indoor plants. When hanging out on balconies and verandas in the summer, these posh representatives should still receive appropriate care. It is necessary to loosen and moisten the soil, to protect from direct sunlight, acting for a long time. For a long flowering campanula faded flowers are removed in time.
Outdoors in the summer use annuals: petunia, snapdragon, viol, especially climbing grades, nasturtium. These plants can be planted without combination with other plants. The compositions are from geranium and petunia. Begonia and fuchsia combined with love. Petunia is supplemented with vervain or dichondra.
How to locate ampelous plants
Ways to decorate the area with hanging plants and flowers obey the rules.
- The location of the vases should not interfere with moving.
- The interior or the space of the garden is renewed by changing places of the flowerpots.
- The container with hanging plants can be installed on stands or mounted on the balcony, but with the observance of the rule of stability, using a reliable fixation.
- To create compositions use old things: moving or broken carts, bicycles, hanging kettles. It gives things a second life and makes the garden interesting.
Observing the general rules, it is necessary to take into account where a particular culture grows better: in the light or in the shade. Bear in mind the ability to tolerate drought when it is impossible to regularly care, wind resistance. These parameters in the first place should be asked to extend the life of the ampel "masterpieces".
Conclusions about ampelous floriculture
Hanging baskets, flowering balls and cascades decorating interiors, gardens and even city streets have become commonplace. Making life more beautiful, ampelous plants attract with the possibility of convenient location in a suspended form with a significant decorative effect. All that they require to maintain their beauty - regular watering and a little care. By choosing this method of breeding plants for landscaping, flower growers will be able not only to impress others, but also to get enthusiasm for the result for themselves.
The peristhistae (or pennisetum) shaggy is perennial in nature, but due to its thermophilicity it grows in culture as an annual. Of course, if you have the opportunity to move it to winter in the greenhouse, he can please you with his beautiful appearance in the next season.
In the middle lane, the shrubby peristoshtechinik is grown through seedlings, since it will bloom too late when sown in open ground.
Petunia is without exaggeration the main star of container gardens. It blooms all summer and fills the flower garden with its sweet aroma.
Among the species and varieties of petunias, there is a flower for every taste: there are also stately grandiflora petunias, miniature multiflora petunias, and amber pendula petunias.
A detailed classification of this crop and a list of proven varieties can be found in our selection:
Ivy ordinary - not only one of the most "reference" garden vines, but also an excellent plant for high street pots, in which it grows as an ampel variety.
The main advantages of ivy - it is shade-tolerant, unpretentious, evergreen and can boast a beautiful form of leaves.
Boxwood is a good choice for florists who want to experiment with topiary haircuts. From this low ornamental shrub can be very interesting topiary!
The small-leaf box does not exceed 1.5 m in height, therefore it is suitable for cultivation in large pots and containers.
Dwarf spherical thuja - the perfect "resident" for street pots. Plants of this variety are quite compact, they will feel great in a large container.
Thuja does not need extra advertising: this culture looks decorative all year round, endures both heat and frost, cleans the air well.
Fuchsia is notable for the unusual form of inflorescences - they look like strange two-colored bells.
This spectacular plant can be planted safely in street pots: they grow quickly, luxuriantly and continuously bloom.
Hosta is another favorite of landscape designers. This picky beauty will decorate with its rich foliage even the most shady corner of the garden. The main thing to remember is the rule: the darker the coloring of the hosts, the less demanding it is for lighting.
Varieties and types of this culture can not be counted, but still we tried! Look for a detailed classification of the most common types and varieties of host in our collection:
Dwarf spherical chrysanthemums literally flooded garden stores in late summer - early autumn. Still would! Where else can you find a lush bush that can bloom to deep frost?
Low-growing varieties of chrysanthemums are often grown as an annual for container garden.
Whatever set of plants for street pots you stop, pay attention to the list of 7 secrets of a luxurious container garden:
From a botanical point of view, there are many forms of such plants - climbing (beans, bindweed), climbing (grapes, hops), creeping (all ground cover), “baleen” (chlorophytum, epification). Landscape and room designers allocate in this group all the plants that can be planted in a hanging container so that the stems hang down. They, in turn, are divided into flowering and decorative leafy varieties. Plants that cling to the support and creep up, they belong to the group of vines, although by and large it is also ampels.
Best ampelous flowers for the garden
Content in the open air, even in the warm season, makes its own demands on flowering plants. When placed in an open area, they should be well tolerated by the sun, and in gazebos and on the northern walls - blackout, have greater resistance to winds, daytime and nighttime temperatures, and withstand the pressure of rain jets. The parameters of resistance to various natural factors can be divided into separate groups.
Balsam (Roly wet)
Annual It prefers a moderate sun, it feels great in a lace shade, so you can hang pot with it right on the branches of apple trees, pears and other fruit trees. Under the scorching sun begins to wilt. In warm weather can bloom until October.
Viola ampelnoe (Pansies)
Selection variety of garden violets. Forms a spherical bush with a large number of motley flowers.
The first growing season shoots grow vertically, their drooping begins with the beginning of flowering. It has a good shade and cold resistance. Can be grown as an annual or biennial.
Resistant to direct sunlight
This is an ampel variety of petunias with elegant double flowers.
The color can vary from pale pink to deep blue. Propagated by vegetative way.
To enhance the flowering splendor, you need to cut the lash several times over the summer to stimulate the development of lateral shoots.
Surfinia (Cascade Petunia)
Abundantly and brightly blooms, grows quickly, has a wide variety of colors, unpretentious care.
He has proven himself as a ground-cover plant, a draper of unattractive vertical surfaces.
It looks very pretty on the steps and supporting walls, flowing along them with a light colored cover and closing the bald spots and voids. Looks great in hanging vases. In the care is satisfied with a small, but requires placement in the solar location.
A well-known houseplant that opens itself completely from the other side as an element of street scenery. Light-requiring, but does not like a strong heat. Drinks a lot, requires frequent watering.
Flowers, depending on the variety, can be double and simple, blooms brightly, in white-pink and raspberry-purple tones. It produces flowers throughout the summer, but requires formative pinching. It can reproduce both by seed and grafting, it is best done in the spring.
Very effective decorative leaf decanter. It forms waterfall compositions with long lashes hanging down to the ground. Especially beautiful species with silver leaves.
With its help, you can shade an open gazebo or veranda, arrange the fence, cover unsightly places. Looks better in longitudinal drawers than in round pots. Easy to plant, unpretentious care.
Euphorbia "diamond frost"
Indoor plant that feels great in the summer and on the street, even in fairly windy places. During flowering is covered with a white cap of small flowers on the falling shoots. Well rooted in the sand-peat mixture.
The flower market appeared relatively recently, reproduction occurs vegetatively. In addition to wind resistance, it tolerates a lack of moisture, can do without watering for several days. But in the absence of a sufficient amount of light flowers are not so plentiful, because of which loses in decorative.
This flower is often confused with petunia, in fact, it is its F1 hybrid. Available in seven colors - from pink and salmon to raspberry and violet. It blooms magnificently and long, has a good resistance to bad weather. This perennial culture in this variation is grown as an annual.
Under favorable conditions, can bloom year-round.
Loves bright places, but can feel good and in partial shade. It endures drafts, therefore it often serves as a decoration for windows that are open for summer.
The secrets of gardeners - pelargonium loves to “drink” milk divorced from water and live in cramped quarters. Roots should be located close to the walls of the pot.
Charming clouds of yellow tender flowers surrounded by lacy leaves. Very popular in Europe, although it only got into the circle of interests of flower growers in 1992. It was noticed by breeders, thanks to which a dozen varieties have been developed to date.
It can be used in terrestrial flower beds, it looks charming in hanging compositions and solos. It tolerates not only drought, but also prolonged cooling and molding (shearing), does not require fertile soils, does not suffer in thickened plantings.
This group includes all ampelous succulents (plants capable of accumulating moisture in special tissues). This is the perfect choice for sites whose owners are not able to visit them every day. Лучшие из них: церопегия вуда, рипсалис, седум, эрифиллум, крестовики серповидный, укореняющийся, крупноязычковый, роули.
Ампельные цветы для кашпо — это простое решение не только визуальных проблем приусадебного участка, но и многочисленных дизайнерских задумок. If it is impossible to transfer perennials for the winter to a warm room, it is enough to leave one small mother plant, to find a place for which it is much easier in the house. And in the spring it will easily give life to new flower arrangements that will enliven the most modest corners of your garden.