Perennial succulent tropical plant. It relates to biogenic stimulants, affects the processes of metabolism and tissue regeneration. It has pronounced laxative, secretory, anti-inflammatory, wound healing, antimicrobial, bactericidal properties.
Aloe present. Botanical illustration from Francisco Manuel Blanco's book “Flora de Filipinas”, 1880–1883.
Medicinal properties and contraindications of aloe vera were known in ancient Egypt. This plant was considered not only healing, but also sacred. It symbolized longevity and prosperity. He was depicted on the walls of Egyptian tombs, incense was made from it and brought as a sacrificial gift to the pharaohs. And, of course, the famous Cleopatra cream was prepared on the basis of aloe juice. The plant was also well known in the ancient cultures of India and China. The shamans of South America wore dried leaves on their necks as protective amulets. In the modern world, aloe is officially recognized as a valuable medicinal raw material, it is widely used in cosmetology and pharmacology, traditional and traditional medicine.
Aloe Vera Features
The healing properties of aloe vera are the most studied. This type of succulents is actively used in pharmacology, cosmetology, perfumery, traditional medicine. It is this species that is unpretentious indoor plant and at the same time a useful "home healer".
Origin and area
Homeland aloe - North and East Africa. In the wild, this plant is found in Morocco, Mauritania, Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula, as well as in tropical Africa, Madagascar. Aloe is widespread in Asian countries, India, and South America. The island of Socotra is famous for the diverse species of this succulent. Here, by evaporation of the juice get the world famous dry plant extract - sabur, which can be stored for a long time. In the wild, aloe endures a dry and hot climate. Some species, such as aloe awesome, can reach a height of up to 6 meters. The plant has a lot of moisture, which it retains, closing the pores on the leaves.
There are about 500 species of this kind of succulent plants. What medicinal types of aloe can be grown as indoor plants?
- Aloe Barbados, it is aloe vera, aloe present.
- Aloe variegated.
- Aloe spinous, or brindle.
- Aloe treelike, or agave.
Aloe motley and spinous are often bred as decorative indoor plants. They have an “attractive appearance” with beautiful leaf color and bright colors. But agave and aloe are more likely to be used for medicinal purposes.
Botanical description and features of care
What does aloe tree look like, or agave, which is most often bred as a houseplant? According to the botanical characteristics, it looks the same as its wild relatives, but much smaller in size.
- Root and stem. The root system is underdeveloped. On the woody stem there are traces of dead leaves - scars.
- Leaves . They are a sheet rosette that can reach 60–80 cm in diameter. The leaves are greenish-gray, smooth, fleshy, juicy, with jagged edges, slightly convex, pointed at the end. Leaves can grow up to 1 m tall.
- Flowers In nature, aloe blooms only in the fifth or sixth year of life. In room conditions, aloe blooms rarely, and only in the winter months. The flower has the shape of a long brush, on which bell-shaped, tubular flowers of bright orange color are collected.
How to care for agave?
- Put on the sunny side, because it is light-loving plant.
- Regularly turn so that the plant develops evenly.
- Tie big leaves.
- The plant is afraid of cold.
- He likes abundant watering, but water should not remain in the pan.
- The flower is prone to decay with an excess of moisture.
- Transplanted once every three years.
- Do not recommend active feeding, otherwise the flower will grow too quickly.
- When planting on the bottom of the pot must be put drainage.
- The soil is formed from turf, garden soil, sand.
- The flower is well propagated by cuttings, which quickly take root in the water.
Preparation of raw materials
For the treatment of used leaves of the plant. Healing substances accumulate in the leaf pulp only in the second year of growth. Even better if agave is at least 4 years old.
- What leaves to cut? Recommend to remove the lower and middle, large and fleshy leaves, at the very base of the stem. Their length should be from 18 to 45 cm. You can also make medicine from aloe side shoots, which should be at least 15 cm long.
- How to store the leaves of aloe? You can not immediately apply cut leaves. The raw material is kept in the refrigerator for 2 weeks (the leaves are pre-washed and dried well), wrapped tightly in paper. After aging, you can make juice, tincture, ointment, and other forms of medicine from leaves.
When industrial preparation of raw materials, aloe is dried in special drying cabinets. After which the leaves become shriveled and brown. They can be stored for 2 years. Fresh raw materials are processed no later than 24 hours later, otherwise the beneficial properties of aloe are lost. Fresh juice is made from a plant in an industrial way, then it is evaporated and sabur is obtained, which is then used in pharmacology as a powder.
What are the healing properties of aloe? What nutrients does it contain?
- Chemical composition . The plant has many enzymes, phytoncides, trace elements and vitamins. It has a high content of organic acids, resinous substances, antioxidants. The flower contains valuable allantoin and aloin, polysaccharides, phenols, bitters, glycosides.
- Basic pharmacological properties. These include: bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, wound healing. In addition, the healing properties of aloe help with the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract, to normalize digestion and improve appetite. The flower is famous for its tonic effect, helps the body to cope with serious diseases, strengthens the immune system.
Thanks to antioxidants, aloe removes toxins, slags, heavy metals from the body, prevents premature aging and cancer.
What diseases helps aloe and has a therapeutic effect?
- Treatment of the stomach. Agave is effective in chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer. Also, the plant is used in infectious infections, for example, in dysentery. Aloe is a powerful natural antibiotic that kills an intestinal, dysenteric bacillus.
- Constipation. Aloe medicines are known to have a strong laxative effect. It is best to use Sabur - a yellow, bitter powder from aloe. It is taken in small doses of 0.1 g, diluted with water. The drug eliminates chronic and atonic constipation, increasing the tone of the intestinal smooth muscles. For example, in Germany, aloe as a laxative is recognized by the public health service. In pharmacology, it is added to the composition of various laxatives. Also, the flower effectively treats colitis and enterocolitis - inflammation of the large and small intestines.
- Pancreatitis. When inflammation of the pancreas is often violated the outflow of its secret. Agar juice stimulates the secretion of the pancreas and gallbladder. However, in acute pancreatitis, treatment of aloe can aggravate the disease. But in chronic forms with a lack of production of enzymes, the flower can help.
- Angina The cause of tonsillitis is staphylococcus or streptococcus, which affects the tonsils. The plant prevents the multiplication of staphylococcus and streptococcus and contributes to the speedy recovery. However, treating a real sore throat (not just a sore throat) is not complete without antibiotics. Agave in this case is part of a complex therapy: diluted juice is treated throat, tonsils, pharynx. Also, the plant is used in other diseases of the throat - tonsillitis and pharyngitis. In dentistry, they treat inflammation of the gums, stomatitis.
- Diabetes . Slags, obesity, excess cholesterol, diseased liver and pancreas - all this “organizes” the onset of diabetes in the body. In agave many enzymes that break down fats, regulate liver function, clean the bile ducts, lymph and blood. Aloe restores the chemical balance in the body and normalizes impaired metabolic processes in diabetes.
- Treatment of rhinitis. With ARVI, flu, cold, runny nose - one of the most frequent symptoms. For the disinfection of the nasal passages apply agave juice. It must be diluted with water so as not to overdry the mucous. Recently, information has appeared on the antiviral properties of aloe. The plant can be effective in viral respiratory infections.
- Sinusitis The treatment of sinusitis is engaged in otolaryngology. Of course, in traditional medicine agave does not apply to medicines of the first choice. Sinusitis - inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, which is treated for a long time on an outpatient basis. The flower is used as an auxiliary antiseptic and antibacterial agent. As with sore throat, antritis is most often treated with antibiotics.
- Diseases of the lower respiratory tract. Aloe include in the complex treatment of pneumonia, bronchitis, tuberculosis and bronchial asthma. In the mixture add pork or goose fat, natural butter in the treatment of strong, annoying cough. It is believed that agave helps with whooping cough.
- Treatment of aloe wounds, burns and other skin lesions. Aloe can be used externally as an antiseptic. The flower heals well wounds, burns, ulcers, abscesses, dermatitis, any purulent inflammations on the skin, including those of a bacterial nature.
- Bad appetite. Fresh juice is recommended, but in small doses. Bitterness contained in the plant, stimulate the production of enzymes, increase appetite.
- Radiation exposure. Together with castor and eucalyptus oil agave juice is taken to prevent or alleviate radiation sickness during radiation exposure.
Less commonly mentioned is another property of the flower - it is a natural aphrodisiac. It is used to stimulate sexual activity, increase potency in men.
Use in traditional medicine and pharmacology
Applying aloe at home without consulting a doctor can be harmful to health. There are cases of aggression poisoning, which manifests itself in the form of such symptoms - diarrhea (often with blood), nausea, vomiting, false urge to defecate, intestinal inflammation, bleeding.
The ointment is prepared on the basis of fresh juice. Pork fat should be interior, melted. It can be replaced by badger fat or ghee.
- Take 150 grams of aloe juice, 200 grams of pork fat, 100 grams of honey.
- Stir and heat to dissolve.
- Put the cooled ointment in a glass container.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Such ointment can be smeared on the affected skin, purulent wounds, burns. It also lubricates the chest when coughing.
To get the juice, you need to chop the sheet and squeeze the liquid through a piece of gauze or bandage. Aloe juice is a basic component of many medicinal infusions and ointments. In folk medicine, described many recipes from agave. It is prepared with wine, honey, walnuts, lemon juice. In case of diseases of the bronchi and lungs, broths of medicinal herbs can be added to the mixture - althea, coltsfoot, licorice, wild rosemary, sage, anise, linden, mint and many others. The recipes use pure aloe juice, as well as its shredded leaves.
How to use fresh juice?
- It should be taken in strict dosage - 1 teaspoon 3 times a day.
- When treating mucous membranes, it must be diluted with boiled water.
- Undiluted fresh juice is applied to the wounds, and aloe slices can be put along.
- When eye inflammation juice can be used in a strong dilution (1:10), it is used to make lotions.
- Recommended for many diseases: constipation, gastritis, pancreatitis, gastric ulcer, colitis, bronchitis.
- It is used as a prophylactic agent to strengthen the immune system during influenza epidemics, ARVI.
- Keep fresh juice can not, it should be prepared only for a single reception.
Read more about the use of aloe juice in our other article.
Tincture aloe on alcohol is prepared in different ways. Apply it externally as an antiseptic for the treatment of wounds, purulent lesions (it is impossible to smear it with burns). As an antiseptic for the skin is used in dilution with water. Prepared on the basis of vodka or alcohol (in a dilution of from 40 to 70%). There are also popular recipes, where dessert wine is used as a preservative.
- Take 100 g of crushed aloe leaves.
- Put in a glass container and fill with 0.5 liters of vodka.
- Insist 10 days.
Tincture can not filter. Take a tablespoon half an hour before meals.
From the leaves of the agave in the component with other medicinal herbs, a good antiseptic decoction is obtained, which can be drunk and applied externally for washing the nose, gargling the throat.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. spoon crushed aloe.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of chamomile, lime, oregano, elder flowers.
- Dial 1 tbsp. spoon of a mixture of herbs.
- Add aloe to it and pour a glass of boiling water over it.
- Insist on 30 minutes.
You can not brew, and add the juice in its raw form in the already prepared decoction. Accepted in filtered form. This decoction saves from colds, relieves unpleasant respiratory symptoms. You can drink it for ½ cup several times a day.
Aloe with honey
Honey in combination with aloe is effective in gastritis with low acidity. It is also drunk with a strong cough for acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, bronchitis, pneumonia, to strengthen the immune system. Apply in the form of compresses for skin lesions, masks - for skin and hair care, tampons - for cervical erosion.
- Take 1 part fresh flower juice and 1 part honey.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Put in the fridge.
This mixture can be stored for a month, because honey is a good preservative. Take a tablespoon half an hour before each meal. Recipes for aloe with honey can be varied. They add wine, ground walnuts, vodka, lemon juice and other ingredients. Read more about the recipes and treatment of aloe with honey in our other article.
At home, you can make creams, lotions, tonics, face masks from the flower juice. These products have a soothing, soothing, toning, moisturizing effect. Juice is effective for dry, oily and fading skin, for acne, acne, purulent inflammation. Face skin can be wiped with fresh juice (or a piece of cut leaf) in the morning and evening. Read more about the use of aloe facial juice in folk medicine in our other article.
How to apply aloe vera to hair in homemade recipes? It is used to make nourishing, moisturizing, firming masks for the scalp and hair, as well as decoctions for rinsing after washing. The plant is effective for seborrhea, dandruff, baldness, hair loss, increased fat content of hair. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to add a teaspoon of fresh juice to shampoos and conditioners. This gives shine and elasticity to hair, contributes to their rapid growth. Read more about the use of aloe juice for hair, read our other article.
Features of use for women
Aloe is used in gynecology for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. However, these appointments are in the field of traditional medicine. For example, not all gynecologists support the idea of auxiliary treatment of cervical erosion with tampons with aloe and honey. But in modern gynecological practice, injections (subcutaneously and intramuscularly) with aloe vera are widely used. This tool acts as a tonic, increases resistance to pathogens, stimulates the metabolic and regenerating processes in the female body. Injections are prescribed for cervical erosion, inflammation of the appendages, obstruction of the fallopian tubes, infertility, as well as for chronic infections of the urogenital sphere (mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia).
Aloe during pregnancy is used only on the recommendation of a doctor. A strict contraindication is the internal use of the drug, despite all the undeniable benefits of aloe. The cause is anthraquinones substances. They give a powerful laxative effect on constipation, but can also lead to uterine muscle tone and provoke premature labor or miscarriage in the early stages. Juice stimulates a rush of blood in the small pelvis, which can also trigger uterine bleeding and miscarriage. Pregnant this plant is allowed to be used only externally as an antiseptic, antimicrobial agent.
Pharmaceutical dosage forms of release
Aloe is produced as an independent drug in the liquid and dry extract, and as part of many other drugs.
- Liquid extract. This drug is a biogenic stimulant, intended for subcutaneous injections. Применяется в гастроэнтерологии, неврологии, пульмонологии. Уколы назначаются при гастритах, колитах, холециститах. Дают лечебный эффект при невралгиях, невритах, пневмонии, бронхите, туберкулезе, после перенесенного инсульта.Injections are recommended in the complex treatment of male infertility, various ophthalmologic diseases - conjunctivitis, blepharitis, keratitis and other inflammations. The drug is effective in reducing visual acuity, hearing and smell. Read more about aloe injections in our other article.
- The juice . It is applied inside, externally, locally. The preservative juice is alcohol. Belongs to the group of laxatives, tonic, immunomodulating, bactericidal preparations. Juice enhances the effect of other laxatives, as well as drugs that stimulate blood formation. There may be a risk of lack of potassium, while the application of aloe juice with diuretics (diuretic).
- Liniment aloe. It is a creamy mass. It is used externally for burns (including radiation), dermatitis, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, red lichen, atrophic lesions of the mucous and vulva skin. Apply several times a day with a thin layer on the affected areas, covering with gauze. With strong lesions, apply a thick layer without bandages.
- Syrup with iron. This combined herbal preparation is prescribed for hypochromic anemia, it compensates for iron deficiency and increases hemoglobin level. Also, the drug can be used as an antiseptic, laxative, choleretic, adaptogenic and tonic. The syrup has a rather extensive list of contraindications: chronic renal, heart failure, cholelithiasis, cystitis, high blood pressure, hemorrhoids, uterine bleeding, other types of anemia.
- Pills . Assign with progressive myopia, to accelerate tissue regeneration. Drink a long course - at least a month. By appointment of a doctor, you can undergo a repeated course in 3–6 months. There are coated tablets, 20 pieces per pack. Also on the pharmacological market is offered another drug - aloe in the form of dietary supplements (240 pieces in a jar). The composition of this drug includes cellulose, lactose, vitamin C, vitamins of group B, calcium, nicotinamide (vitamin PP).
Also in the pharmacy and specialty stores you can buy cosmetics for skin care with aloe extract - hand and face creams, lotions, peeling masks, gels, deodorants.
Aloe in traditional medicine - a proven and effective means. For many decades, recipes for preparing tinctures, ointments, decoctions of the juice of this flower were collected. They are used in the complex treatment of constipation, gastritis, pancreatitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, antritis, bronchitis, pneumonia, anemia and many other diseases. No less valuable external application agave.
The appearance of aloe is very diverse, from miniature ornamental plants to trees with a height of 8-10 meters. All its species are characterized by xiphoid leaves, extending from the stem base, on the edge of which there are rather sharp thorns. Leaf color ranges from pale green to deep green. The roots are fibrous, located near the surface.
From the stem 1 time in 2-3 years, in the period from January to April, a long peduncle grows with flowers from red to white in color, which are gathered in a multi-flower thick brush. Aloe flower has a rich smell that can cause headaches. The fruit is a cylindrical box.
In artificial conditions it multiplies with the help of babies or overgrowths, which quickly release roots in water. In its natural environment it propagates both by seeds and children. It is light and moisture-loving, not resistant to cold plant.
Features leaf plants
Aloe leaves have an unusual structure and includes a gelatinous gel-like core surrounded by a layer of juice and a thin, strong skin. Leaves can accumulate a large amount of water, increasing significantly in size. To preserve moisture, the leaves close the pores, which prevents evaporation of water if it is not sufficiently supplied from the outside. With prolonged drought, the leaf size is visually reduced due to the exhaustion of the reserve of moisture. Also in adverse conditions, the plant drops the lower leaves in order to save life.
Difference between aloe vera and agave
In addition to external morphological features, plants differ in composition. So, aloe vera is characterized by more fleshy leaves, therefore, contains a larger amount of gel.
Which aloe is more useful: According to the research conducted in 2011 at the Venice Science Institute in Italy, it has been found that homemade aloe is 200% richer in nutrients.
In our conditions it is easier to use agave - an affordable and unpretentious culture for home cultivation. But you can use a more exotic look - aloe vera, whose medicinal properties and recipes are similar to the use of agave.
Collecting and harvesting aloe
The maximum of useful substances a plant accumulates by the age of five. Lower and middle leaves are subject to preparation, which are collected together with stalk-wide sheaths. They are removed very carefully, excluding breakage or tearing of the leaf, at any time of the year (during home cultivation).
Fresh leaves are suitable for obtaining juice and other dosage forms - before cooking, they should be stored in a refrigerator for 10-12 days for maximum disclosure of beneficial properties. At T 0 0 C, the raw material is stored for about a month: for this, the leaves are washed, dried and wrapped in foil loosely.
Dry the raw materials in the shade, ventilated room, whole or cut into pieces. After drying, the leaves acquire a wrinkled appearance, cellular on the break and are very fragile. Store in paper or fabric bags for 2 years.
Often the question arises - why maintain a shot sheet, why not use it fresh? Exposure allows to obtain biostimulated products from the leaf: in the cold, the vital processes slow down, and unique biostimulants are produced to maintain cell viability.
The leaves contain many useful ingredients (about 200), which determine the value of the culture:
- water (up to 97% by weight)
- traces of essential oils
- acids: citric, cinnamic, malic, amber, chrysophane, l-coumaric, hyaluronic, isolimonic, salicylic, etc.,
- flavonoids, incl. catechins,
- beta carotene
- minerals: phosphorus, potassium, sodium, chlorine, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, chromium, zinc, cobalt, etc.,
- amino acids: threonine, methionine, leucine, lysine, valine, isoleucine, phenylalanine,
- simple sugars: fructose, glucose,
- polysaccharides, incl. acemannan
- vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, C, E, retinol, choline,
- steroid molecules: sitosterol, composterol and luteol,
- antraglycosides: nataloin, emodin, aloin, homonataloin, rabarberon,
- substances of the phenol group, incl. anthraquinone.
Healing properties of aloe
Each therapeutic effect of a plant is determined by a group of beneficial substances contained in aloe.
- Antibacterial, incl. against staphylococci, streptococci, typhoid, intestinal, diphtheria and dysenteric bacilli, antiviral and antifungal - due to acemannan, aleolitic, phenylacrylate, chrysophan and cinnamic acids, vitamin C,
- Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic - salicylic acid, bradykininase enzyme, steroid molecules,
- Antitoxic - acemannan, aloin (a substance derived from anthraquinone derivatives), phenolic components, the enzyme catalase,
- Antioxidant - manganese, copper, vitamins C and E, anthraquinone and phenol molecules,
- Choleretic - zinc, selenium and inositol components,
- Calming - magnesium, manganese, vitamins of group B,
- Laxative - anthraquinone and phenolic substances,
- Pain reliever - salicylic acid, bradykininase enzyme,
- Sugar-lowering - two azemannan fractions - Erborran A and B,
- Antiallergenic - Bradykininase Enzyme,
- Anti-cancer - aloemodyne, which is an anthraquinone molecule, acemannan, antioxidant vitamins and minerals,
- Wound healing, incl. in relation to sluggish, long-term processes - vitamin C, bradykininase enzyme,
- Regenerating - vitamin C, enzyme catalase, anthraquinone,
- Immunomodulatory - due to polysaccharides, magnesium, bradykininase enzyme.
The plant enhances the secretory activity of the digestive glands (chrysanoic acid, sodium), normalizes metabolic processes, has a tonic, nourishing, rejuvenating and moisturizing effect on the skin on account of the activation of fibroblast growth, relieves itching and irritation. Promotes the regeneration of skin lesions without scarring. It lowers blood cholesterol and promotes the breakdown of cholesterol plaques. Eliminates inflammation in the biliary tract, normalizes the function of the gall bladder.
Contraindications and harm
Aloe vera products have contraindications and side effects.
- Intolerance component, and as a result of allergies.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- Problems with the stomach and intestines.
- Complicated form of jade.
- Cystitis, hemorrhoids.
- Hepatitis, liver disease.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, critical days.
Do not drink agave juice in the evening - causes insomnia. Drink a drink a few hours before bedtime.
A side effect of improper use is indigestion.
Recipe for activating protective functions.
- Aloe vera juice - 150 g
- Natural honey - 250 g
- Strong red wine - 350 g.
How to cook: Mix the above ingredients, leave for five days.
How to use: Take the mixture in a tablespoon, morning, afternoon and evening.
Result: Strengthens the immune system after suffering diseases. It stimulates the appetite, improves the digestive system.
A mixture for a weakened body
- Juice - 100 ml.
- Walnut kernels - half a kilo.
- Honey - 300 g
- Lemon - 3 pieces.
How to cook: Add crushed nuts, honey and lemon juice to the plant juice.
How to use: Use before a meal, a teaspoon, 3 times a day.
Result: Copes with depletion of the body, strengthens the immune system.
Aloe vera juice relieves cold. Drip fresh juice in both nostrils in 2 or 3 drops. Cure a cold can be a week.
Soothe the aching tooth will help pre-washed leaf of aloe, put on a sore spot in the oral cavity.
Popular method of constipation
- Agave leaves - 150 g.
- Honey - 300 g
How to cook: Cut the spines, chop the leaves. Heat the honey slightly, but do not boil it. Fill them with crushed leaves. Insist the mixture a day, heat, filter.
How to use: Take in the morning for an hour before meals, on a small spoon.
Result: It has a laxative effect, eliminates constipation.
It is interesting that antibiotics are made from the juice, aimed at the treatment of tuberculosis, chronic gastritis, conjunctivitis, pancreatitis and other diseases.
The leaves of the plant are used in the fight against herpes and other rashes. Lubricate the inflamed areas 5 times a day, each time with freshly picked leaves.
- Honey - 100 ml.
- Agave juice - 100 ml.
- Pure alcohol - 15 g.
How to cook: Combine the juice with honey, add a spoonful of alcohol. Stir until smooth. Put in the fridge.
How to use: Apply to inflamed or damaged areas of the body.
Result: Heals wounds, ulcers, fistula.
If it is not possible to grow houseplant aloe vera at home, purchase the extract, produced in ampoules, in the form of syrups or tablets. Aloe extract treats anorexia, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Aloe vera in cosmetology
The beneficial properties of aloe vera have a positive effect on sensitive skin prone to rashes.
Cream for all skin types
- Plant juice - 40 ml.
- Distilled water - 40 ml.
- Honey - one teaspoon.
- Rose water - 20 ml.
How to cook: Cut a few leaves of aloe, wash, store in the refrigerator at the bottom level for 12 days. The conditions created provoke the production of stimulants that activate cellular activity. Crush the leaves to get the juice. Stir it with water. Add honey and rose water, which can be purchased at pharmacies.
How to use: Apply nourishing cream on the massage lines.
Result: Tones, soothes, prevents the formation of wrinkles.
Nourishing hair mask
- Aloe juice - 1 tablespoon.
- Garlic juice - 1 tsp.
- Honey - 17 g.
- Yolk - 1 piece.
How to cook: Stir the ingredients until smooth.
How to use: Apply the mixture to the hair, pre-dividing the strands into sections. Warm the head with a shower cap and a towel. After 20-30 minutes, wash off in the usual way.
Result: Sates with beneficial ingredients, nourishes, eliminates brittleness and prevents excessive dryness.
Mask for weak hair
- Agave juice - 1 tsp.
- Honey - 17 g.
- Castor oil - 1 tsp.
How to cook: Mix the above components.
How to use: 30 minutes before washing your hair, rub the product into the roots and along the entire length of the hair. Wash your head, use chamomile or nettle decoction as a conditioner. Repeat the procedure to improve the condition of the hair, once or twice a week.
Result: Gives elasticity and elasticity to hair.
Home flower with wonderful healing properties
Today on almost any windowsill you can find homemade aloe. This phenomenon is not accidental.
Many experts have identified the value and importance of growing this flower. It is those properties and components that are endowed with aloe that can cure even the most advanced forms of the disease.
Aloe, as a home flower, is distinguished by its unpretentiousness. It is able to maintain its life even in the most neglected conditions.
Generally speaking, homemade aloe does not need any special care. But when growing it is still recommended to follow some simple rules for care.
When preparing the soil for aloe, it is necessary to try to create an environment for it that would be as close to natural as possible. Aloe loves moisture, so drainage can be laid at the bottom of the tank for planting.
It is advisable to prepare the soil, which contains brick chips and charcoal. It is also not advisable to add peat. Watering should be in hot periods more often than in winter.
Aloe loves a lot of light and heattherefore, the plant must be placed in open places. It is possible to use various kinds of dressing during watering, for example, for succulent or cacti.
If you are interested in the design of the living room in a private house - this information is for you.
Read about the properties of tea with thyme.
Fountain of medicinal properties in a single plant
As mentioned earlier, aloe is, first and foremost, home doctor.
In the juice of this plant, substances of the vitamins A, B, C, and E groups, as well as numerous anthraquinone glycosides, fiber, and many other useful nutrients were identified.
Such a wealth of useful properties clearly makes it clear that Aloe affects absolutely any area of the disease..
With its qualitative characteristics, aloe can cure skin diseases, diabetes, diarrhea, all kinds of colds, helps increase appetite, and much more. We described in more detail about the healing properties of aloe and how this plant is used in medicine, in this article.
Any cut or abrasion You can quickly heal by treating a damaged place with aloe juice. To do this, cut a leaf of a flower along and put a flesh to the wound. The result will not make you wait long: the pain will quickly pass and the wound will heal.
For acne, rashes and inflammations, as well as with the manifestations of high fat skin, you can wipe the skin with aloe juice overnight every 2 weeks.
Corns can also be easily removed by applying aloe leaf pulp. Every 5 hours it is necessary to change the sheet to a new one. After 2-3 days, you need to steam the place of the corn and easily remove it.
Cold can be cured with this composition: 300 g aloe, 3 tbsp. spoons of honey, 3 tbsp. spoons of alcohol. Chop aloe leaves, add honey and alcohol, mix. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day.
For any diseases of the duodenum or ulcer It is necessary to use 1 teaspoon of aloe for half an hour before meals.
For the prevention of any form of disease, there is a proven and old recipe for a drink made from aloe vera juice.
The recipe for making such a drink is very simple. It is necessary to prepare the most mature lower leaves of the plant. Determine the state of readiness for the use of the leaves by their drying tip.
Next, you need to put the leaves for 8-12 days in a cold place (the temperature should be around -6 degrees). Then the leaves must be crushed and filtered through cheesecloth.
The resulting juice should be boiled for 3 minutes and used as a preventive measure from 50 to 200 ml three times a day. Such juice will help to normalize digestion, blood circulation, cure stomach ulcers, anemia and other forms of diseases.
Gel from aloe leaves will help get rid of skin diseases (acne, age spots, irritations). For its preparation will need:
- fresh aloe leaves,
- 500 ml. vitamin C powder (a quarter of the amount of gel produced),
- 400 ml. Vitamin E (a quarter of the amount of gel produced).
Листья алоэ очисть от кожицы, измельчить мякоть и добавить в неё витамины В и С. Поместить в сухую и чистую емкость. Хранить в темном прохладном месте.
В полученный гель можно добавлять различные эфирные масла, в зависимости от типа кожи. So, with oily skin You can use oils of tea tree, grapefruit, lemon. With dry skin It is better to add oils of almond, chamomile, sandalwood. For problematic skin - geraniums or parsley.
All essential oils add no more than 3 drops.
This composition should be placed in a cool place and insist 3 hours. Eat 1 teaspoon before meals three times a day. Such a tool well helps to recover from diseases of the stomach and leads to a normal stool.
Incredibly powerful effects have injections containing aloe. Thanks to injections of aloe, the possibility of treating such severe and sluggish diseases as: chronic eye, intestinal, asthma and other diseases has appeared.
Sometimes injections can be prescribed for various skin ailments: furunculosis, trophic ulcers, radiation injuries, burns, inflammatory processes.
Aloe Vera Injections help to cure diseases female genital organs and prostate in men. Such injections can help even those who suffer from hearing loss and tuberculosis.
Usually prescribe 1 ml of injections every day. for an adult, and for children - up to 0.5 ml. If necessary, the course of treatment can be continued or interrupted with repetition in 2-3 months.
Contraindications to use
Before you begin treatment, need to be familiar with the possible consequencesthat can occur when consuming aloe, both orally and in the form of injections.
There are several major contraindications that prohibit any treatment of aloe:
- During periods of menstruation Aloe vera is highly recommended not to be used in treatment, as it contributes to an increase in blood circulation in the body, whereby the bleeding can increase in these days.
- For any internal bleeding treatment with aloe is also forbidden (for example, for bleeding ulcers).
- For those who use aloe vera as an appetite stimulant, but prone to the appearance and development of ulcers in the stomachIt is also not recommended to continue such treatment.
- Aloe is contraindicated in hemorrhoids, as it can increase inflammation and cause hemorrhoidal bleeding.
- Aloe can increase inflammation in the gallbladder and bile ducts, if used inward.
- At all stages of pregnancy Doctors do not recommend to use aloe inside.
- With various diseases of the brainaccompanied by inflammatory processes.
How to care for an orchid at home will be found in this article.
How to store carrots you will learn here.
What is useful leek - watch the video.
In fact, medicine uses exactly aloe vera, since it is a large plant that is grown on special plantations, but its smaller counterparts, aloe, tree-like and spiky, growing on window-sills are no less useful.
Can be very effective treatment of rhinitis scarlet It can be used in its pure form, 4 drops every 5 hours, or diluted with pure water or carrot juice in a ratio of 1:10.
Scarlet Agave has powerful antibacterial properties, and therefore well applicable as an anti-oily skin remedyacne or acne. You can use the following recipe: 1 tbsp. l glycerin, 1 tbsp. l honey, 1 tbsp. l aloe, lemon juice. This composition is applied to the skin for 40 minutes and rinse with warm water. The skin condition will noticeably improve.
With regular wiping with aloe juice, the skin of the face and décolleté can be noticeable. improve her circulation: it takes on a healthy look, becomes hydrated. For hair, you can use the following mask: 1 tbsp. spoon of aloe juice, 1 tbsp. spoon of honey, lemon juice, 1 yolk.
In addition, before starting treatment with this plant, it is necessary to become familiar with its contraindications, which will help to avoid unpleasant consequences.
What is the difference between aloe vera and aloe vera and what is the difference between agave and aloe?
In medicine, no more than a dozen species of aloe are used. Of these, two are best known for their healing properties - aloe vera or real aloe and tree aloe or agave. Thus, aloe is the name of a genus of plants, and individual species are called agave and aloe vera. Although in everyday life, both of these plants are often called simply aloe, which can cause confusion, since it is unclear exactly what kind of plant in question.
Medicinal properties of both types are similar, but have some differences. It is believed that tree aloe is more useful for treating skin diseases, wounds and cuts, and in aloe vera healing properties are more pronounced when used internally.
Homeland plants - Northeast Africa. It has a little more than half a meter in height and has fleshy, slightly bluish leaves growing from the bottom of the stem.
Now aloe grows wild in various regions - on the Canary Islands, in North Africa. Also, the plant can be found on the Arabian Peninsula. Even the word aloe itself is of Arabic origin. It means “bitter” because the leaves of the plant contain bitter-tasting substances.
The plant can be grown at home. It takes root well in the apartment, but rarely blooms.
It grows mainly in South Africa - Mozambique and Zimbabwe. The plant extract was used by the ancient Egyptians for embalming mummies. The plant has the appearance of a small tree or shrub 2-5 m tall. Fleshy leaves grow in the upper part of the trunk. Inflorescence has the appearance of a long brush with bright orange flowers.
Also can be used as a home plant. However, home-grown specimens are significantly smaller than their wild counterparts.
As a rule, in medicine is used the juice obtained from the fleshy leaves or the outer parts of the stem (sapwood). Can be used as fresh juice, and one stripped off (sabur). Juice is extracted by collecting it from freshly cut leaves. It is also possible to obtain juice using a press. Aloe flower, despite its beauty, has no medical use.
Photo: Trum Ronnarong / Shutterstock.com
Fresh juice and sabur are the most useful types of drugs. Their high effect is due to the complex effect on the body of various compounds. The individual components of the plant, which can be found in various pharmaceutical preparations and cosmetics, do not have such a high effect due to the use of preservatives.
In addition, aloe oil is widely used in medicine and cosmetics. It is also made from leaves. In traditional and traditional medicine are used and such dosage forms such as syrup, gel, ointment and liquid extract. In some cases, the extract can be administered intramuscularly with the help of injections.
What does aloe treat?
Plant components have a positive effect on the following systems and organs of the human body:
- the cardiovascular system
- gastrointestinal tract
- the immune system
- nervous system
Also plant components:
- Possess antifungal and antiviral effects.
- Excreted toxins and slags
- Increase the overall tone of the body
- Restore intestinal microflora
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Accelerate hair growth and prevent hair loss
- Improve blood circulation
- Help with allergic diseases
- Relieve muscle, joint and tooth pain
- Used in dentistry to treat stomatitis, gingivitis and plaque.
- Used as a prophylactic against cancer and auxiliary in their therapy.
- They have antioxidant, diuretic and laxative properties.
- Used to treat diseases of the respiratory tract (tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, pneumonia)
- Used in gynecology in the treatment of diseases such as candidiasis, vaginosis, endometriosis, uterine fibroma, genital herpes
Aloe juice has a powerful bactericidal effect. He is active against:
- dysenteric sticks
- typhoid bacillus
- diphtheria sticks
Different compounds of the pulp are responsible for improving the activities of various body systems. For example, the anti-inflammatory effect of a plant is explained by the presence of salicylic acid in it, the laxative — anthraquinone and aloins, the choleretic — zinc and selenium, etc.
Application in gastroenterology
Sabur improves intestinal motility. It can be used as a laxative and choleretic agent, as well as a means to improve digestion. In addition, preparations derived from plants, are used for:
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer
Application in dermatology
The plant benefits most from the treatment of skin diseases. For application to the skin is most suitable oil. The oil has bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and wound healing properties and is used to treat various dermatitis, rashes, psoriasis, urticaria, eczema, acne, bedsores, burns, wounds.
The polysaccharides contained in the pulp and, above all, azemannan, have an interesting property. It has been clinically proven that they are able to activate the production of the body’s immune cells, macrophages, which play a key role in the repair of damaged tissues. This ability is acemannan and is used in the treatment of skin diseases.
Application in ophthalmology
Aloe juice can be used to treat a variety of ophthalmologic diseases - conjunctivitis, mucositis, progressive myopia, and even cataracts. The healing properties of aloe for the eyes are explained by the presence in the plant of an extensive complex of vitamins, primarily vitamin A. The components contained in the juice improve the blood supply to the retina and surrounding tissues of the eye.
Photo: Ruslan Guzov / Shutterstock.com
Use for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases
The beneficial effect of plant components on the cardiovascular system is primarily due to enzymes that reduce the amount of harmful cholesterol and blood sugar and prevent blood clots. Studies have shown that daily intake of 10-20 ml of juice can reduce total cholesterol by 15% over several months. Research also shows that the gel of a plant can reduce the risk of coronary disease.
Most of the compounds contained in the plant has a positive effect on the human body. However, there are exceptions to this rule.
When using the extract should be remembered that the skin of the leaves contains bitter substances. But bitterness in itself is not their main drawback. Modern research suggests that the bitter alkaloid aloin has carcinogenic properties. Although aloin in low concentration and episodic use is most likely not dangerous (moreover, it is used in aloe-based laxative preparations, and also used as a dietary supplement), it is recommended to thoroughly clean them from the preparation of leaf juice. peel.
Also in the plant contains special enzymes - antiglycosides. In case of overdose, they can lead to bleeding and miscarriage in pregnant women.
With the internal intake of juice possible violations of the gastrointestinal tract - dyspepsia, heartburn, diarrhea, abdominal pain. Occasionally, blood may appear in the urine, heart rhythm disturbances, and muscle weakness. It is not recommended to take preparations of the plant immediately before bedtime, as this may cause insomnia.
The plant does not require much care. Since it is adapted to the arid climate, it can do without frequent watering. It is enough to do it 1-2 times a week, in the winter - once a month. Nevertheless, it is worth considering that the plant loves heat and the sun, so a well-warmed and lighted place is better suited for it. In winter, the plant must be protected from cold and drafts. It is easiest to propagate the plant with the help of apical shoots, cuttings and shoots that grow at the base of the shoots.
For cutting the most suitable are the largest leaves with a dried top, located in the lower part of the stem. Do not be afraid to remove them, as the plant is able to quickly grow new ones. Before the procedure for removing leaves, it is best not to water the plant for a couple of weeks, as this promotes the concentration of beneficial substances.
Leaves must be cut, plucked or broken off at the very base. You can either squeeze the juice with your hands, or chop the leaves and pass them through a meat grinder or blender. For the preparation of some formulations such a method is preferable. Before chopping the leaves, be sure to remove them from the skin.
It should be remembered that only fresh leaves have the greatest benefit; therefore, leaves should be removed only before direct preparation of the medicine. After a few hours, many active compounds begin to disintegrate. Juice or gruel from the leaves also can not be stored for a long time, even in the refrigerator. Of course, they will not spoil, but they will lose many of their useful properties.
Preparation of aloe medicine at home
Below are some juice or pulp recipes that you can make at home. Very often honey is added to the juice, which enhances the effect of aloe. However, when using honey, it should be borne in mind that it is a strong allergen, even stronger than aloe itself. The dosage should be strictly adhered to, as aloe products can cause some side effects. It should be remembered that these recipes do not replace the treatment, but can only complement it. Before using them, you should consult with your doctor.
To improve digestion, as well as to strengthen the body after serious diseases, it is recommended to mix:
- 150 g of juice
- 250 g of honey
- 350 g strong red wine
This mixture should be infused for 5 days. Take should be a tablespoon three times daily before meals.
Children to strengthen the body will suit another recipe:
- Half a cup of juice
- 500 g of crushed walnut
- 300 g honey
- 3-4 lemon juice
Should be taken 3 times a day before meals for a teaspoon.
During the course of treatment for tuberculosis, the following mixture will do:
- 15 g of juice
- 100 g butter
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 100 g of honey
The mixture must be taken 3 times a day for a tablespoon.
When treating ulcerative colitis, it is recommended to take juice of 25-50 ml twice a day. When gastritis juice take a teaspoon half an hour before meals for 1-2 months. For constipation and colitis, it is also recommended to take a teaspoon juice before a meal.
When gastric and duodenal ulcers can be prepared composition, taking 0.5 cups of crushed leaves and ¾ cup of honey. Infuse the mixture for 3 days in a dark place. Then add a glass of Cahors, insist another day and strain. Composition take a tablespoon 3 times daily before meals.
For the treatment of respiratory diseases, you can use pure juice. When a cold is recommended to bury every day for 3 drops in each nostril. The course of treatment is a week. If you have a sore throat, gargling with diluted water of plant sap will help. For stomatitis, you can also use fresh juice for rinsing.
For herpes, it is recommended to lubricate the rashes with fresh juice five times a day.
For the treatment of neurosis, you should mix aloe leaves, carrots and spinach and squeeze juice from them. Take juice should be two tablespoons three times a day ..
When treating furunculosis, it is recommended to mix in equal proportions olive oil and juice. The resulting composition must be moistened with gauze and apply it to the affected area for a day. Then the composition should be replaced with fresh.
In the treatment of conjunctivitis and inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eyes should dissolve the gruel from the leaves with water in a ratio of 1: 5. Undiluted juice can not be used! Blend the mixture for an hour, boil for an hour and strain. The resulting liquid must be done lotions and wipe.
Compresses are recommended for the treatment of arthritis. For their preparation it is recommended to take:
- 3 tbsp. l juice
- 6 tbsp. l honey
- 9 tbsp. l vodka
The components are mixed and the resulting substance is moistened with gauze, which is superimposed on the affected area.
Can I take the children inside?
It is a hypoallergenic plant, but sometimes children experience a case of individual intolerance to the flower. In order not to risk the health of the child, should be carried out rapid testing of allergy to the elbow bend.
The use of aloe juice inside the children up to three months is contraindicated.
Harm from plant treatment
The top layer of aloe vera contains alkaloids, so the leaves taste bitter. One of them is aloin, has a carcinogenic nature. In small and irregular doses, it is not dangerous and is even used as a dietary supplement, but still it is worth thoroughly cleaning the skin.
The composition of the healing flower contains antaglycosides, contraindicated in pregnant women. These substances provoke bleeding and stimulate preterm labor. The use of drugs based on aloe vera at night can provoke insomnia.
What is useful and how is used in cosmetology?
To have healthy skin requires daily cleansing and nutrition.. Cosmetologists recommend using aloe vera juice care products.
- Секрет полезного влияния на кожу содержится в полисахариде ацеманне, который поддерживает гидробаланс.
- Селен и витамины А,С, Е в совокупности дают антиоксидантный эффект, а также синтезируют коллаген.
- Acid, enzymes and essential oils of aloe heal inflammation, matt the skin, reduce the occurrence of comedones.
- Pronounced and rejuvenating effect after using products based on this wonderful plant. Small wrinkles are gradually smoothed. The face, body, hands returns youth and elasticity.
- Women have long been preparing homemade masks based on cut leaves, and sometimes they simply apply green, juicy flesh to the face.
Difference between aloe vera and agave
Aloe vera or barbadian and agave are representatives of the same type of succulents. The external differences of the two plants are evident in the vera broad and fleshy leaves, in which more dense gel-like substance. Agave leaves are long and narrow. They have more fluid. However, in the beneficial properties there is no difference. Read more about the differences between these two plants, read here.
Look further, as the useful plant on a photo looks:
What treats indoor flower?
Aloe sap destroys the harmful bacteria of staphylococcus, diphtheria, typhoid, dysentery, streptococcus. It treats diseases of the eyes, heart and nervous system, respiratory organs, gastrointestinal tract, skin diseases, and also activates and strengthens the immune system.
The unique composition of the plant allows you to:
- Heal wounds.
- Inhibit the inflammatory process.
- Clean up the boils, boils, ulcers.
- Fight varicose veins.
- Reduce cholesterol and sugar.
- Destroy fungal infections.
- Remove toxins and slags.
- To prevent cancer.
- Increase the tone and charge of the body.
How to use for medical purposes?
Let us further consider what the plant helps with and how to carry out the treatment using the instructions for use.
From the growing on the window of aloe vera, you can easily prepare a therapeutic gel. For this:
- Cut off the lower leaves. They should be no more than 15 cm in length.
- Squeeze the natural gel substance from the pulp.
- Mix with water in the "one to one" ratio.
- Store in the refrigerator gel for no more than four days.
This tool is easy to prepare at home and it has a lot of useful properties. Part of the bradykininas softens the skin, relieves peeling. Damaged areas heal faster due to vasoconstrictor effect. The blood flow improves at the site of application, making the injuries faster.
In pharmacies there are such forms of release:
- Concentrated Juice. Used inside with gastritis, constipation, enterocolitis. External used for the treatment of purulent wounds. Drink half an hour before meals, 1 teaspoon three times a day. The course is 15-25 days.
- Syrup. Assign with anemia and iron deficiency. Inside 1 teaspoon dissolved in a quarter glass of water for a month.
- Gel. Indispensable for burns and inflammation of the skin. Apply a thin layer to the damaged area three times a day.
- Extract in ampoules. It has a wide range of applications: from treating the prostate gland and inflammatory diseases of various origins to problems with the gastrointestinal tract and respiratory system.
- Pills. They help in overcoming myopia and treating myopathic chorioretinitis. One tablet half an hour before meals, 4 times a day. The course of treatment is one month. Repeated course is allowed in six months.
Cooking oil and its use at home
Oil can be prepared at home, and you can buy at the pharmacy. Home method is not so complicated:
- The cut leaves of the one-and-a-half year old plant will do. They must be thoroughly rinsed in cool boiled water and refrigerated for about 15 days.
- During this time, the necessary biochemical reactions within the leaf will occur.
- After the specified period, the leaves are cut into small pieces, and from there the entire contents of the gel are obtained.
- The resulting mass is poured with any oil of excellent quality in the proportion of 90 grams per 10 grams of gel.
- It is better to transfer the mixture into a glass jar and, tightly closing the lid, insist for another 15 days in a place of room temperature, protected from direct sunlight.
Vitamin E is an excellent preservative. Three drops per 100 grams of homemade aloe oil is enough to prolong its shelf life.
The resulting oil can be added to shampoos, masks, creams. Enough and 5 drops of homemade oil for 1 use of the store tool to feel the health effects:
- Forget about dry, cracked lips in winter.
- Cure skin rashes, inflammations.
- To nourish the skin with the most valuable microelements and thereby prolong youth.
- Body and hair care is possible with the help of wonderful oil. Hair becomes softer and stronger. The body receives the necessary hydration and nutrition.
Aloe vera oil is suitable for all skin types.
Aloe vera: indications for use
Aloe applied in the treatment of a wide range of diseases:
- stomach diseases. The use of this plant ensures the effectiveness of the treatment of gastritis and gastric ulcers in the chronic form. In addition, the plant is used in cases of infection of the body. In particular, the leaves of the plant are used for dysentery. You should know that it is a natural antibiotic that has a powerful effect. Its use allows to eliminate dysenteric bacillus,
- pancreatitis. When an inflammation of the pancreas occurs, a violation of the outflow of secretions occurs. Using the juice of this plant allows you to stimulate the secretion of the pancreas, as well as the gallbladder. However, if pancreatitis develops in an acute form, the use of aloe vera to treat a disease can lead to the aggravation of this disease. If a person is diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, then this plant can help people who have insufficient production of enzymes.
- angina. The main reason that leads to the appearance of this disease is staphylococcus or streptococcus. The use of funds on the basis of this plant provides a speedy recovery and eliminates the likelihood of bacteria multiplication. However, for effective treatment of the disease without antibiotics just can not do. In the complex therapy, the presence of aloe vera ensures its high efficiency. To eliminate sore throats, remedies based on this flower are used to treat throat, pharynx and tonsils. In addition, they are effective for eliminating throat diseases. In particular, they are used for tonsillitis and pharyngitis. The leaves of the plant are used in dentistry in order to successfully treat the inflammatory processes that have arisen on the gums,
- diabetes. Factors provoking the occurrence of this disease are obesity, elevated cholesterol and diseased liver. Aloe vera contains a large amount of enzymes that effectively break down fats. In addition, they provide regulation of the liver, clean the bile ducts, as well as lymph and blood. The use of aloe provides restoration of metabolic processes in diabetes mellitus.
- treatment of rhinitis. The commonest symptom of a cold is a runny nose. The laid nasal passages can be easily cleaned by using aloe juice. For use, it is recommended to pre-dilute it in water. In this case, overdried mucous can be avoided.
Vitamins in Aloe Vera
The beneficial properties of this plant are largely due to the fact that it contains in its composition large amount of vitamins. It should be immediately noted that a large amount of vitamins of groups B, A and C, as well as folic acid and trace elements are present in the leaves of the flower. In particular, the plant is rich in potassium, calcium, as well as magnesium, zinc, and iron.
All the vitamins that were listed above, when it enters the body, ensure the normal functioning of all its systems. With food, they should come in sufficient quantities. However, it often happens that a person's diet consists of foods that are poor in vitamins. Therefore, you should take drugs with aloe vera to eliminate their deficiency.
What is useful aloe?
A large amount of vitamins and trace elements that are present in this plant, provides him many useful properties:
- Aloe leaves are a good biostimulant,
- The use of products based on this plant strengthens the immune system,
- blood purification is provided
- Aloe can be used to treat diseases of the nervous and cardiac systems
- plant leaves have bactericidal properties
- the flower is characterized by the ability to reduce pain,
- when applied, it enhances the secretion of digestive glands,
- thanks to this plant you can normalize cholesterol levels,
- widely used in cosmetology in the preparation of various beauty products,
- Aloe is used in dentistry to relieve inflammation of the gums,
- used in the gynecological field for the treatment of a wide range of diseases.
Aloe tincture with honey
Aloe is a medicinal plant that is used to treat various ailments. From it prepare a variety of means. Home Tincture from this flower with honey used in home treatment. It is used as a remedy to relieve symptoms of radiculitis, rheumatism, and tuberculosis, and helps fight colds and cataracts. If you regularly take this tool, it will strengthen the immune system, as well as save for vitamin deficiency.
In order to prepare such a tincture, you will need to take three tablespoons of aloe juice, the same amount of honey and water in the amount of 100 ml. When the ingredients are prepared, it is necessary to mix aloe with honey in an enamel saucepan, then pour hot water over it and keep it in a water bath for a few minutes. So that honey does not lose its beneficial properties, the water temperature should not exceed 70 degrees.
The resulting ointment is necessary cool slightly and in a warm condition, rub into sore spots on the patient's body. In order to provide a stronger effect of this remedy, it is necessary after treatment of the sore spots to cover them with plastic wrap and a woolen scarf. Such compresses should be done twice a week and left for the whole night. Treatment should be long, 30-45 days.
Aloe: use in medicine
In the medical field in aloe, the application is quite diverse. If a person in life constantly has a large number of stressful situations, then an infusion from this plant will come to his aid. When there is such a medicine available, it will relieve the tension of the nervous system due to its strong healing effect. This flower helps to fight with nervous breakdownsand is also a good remedy for migraine. Providing a strong healing effect, it helps to eliminate these problems.
People who have experienced brain diseases or suffer from vascular spasms, neuralgia, using drugs based on this plant, improve blood circulation processes.
Rheumatism is another ailmentWith which it is possible to struggle effectively by means of preparations on the basis of this flower. To do this, you can use the tincture with honey, which at home treatment is an effective tool.
Aloe vera is a plant that is known to many people. It contains a significant amount of useful substances, thanks to which it is provided its healing effect. The plant can be used to eliminate the symptoms of a wide range of diseases. Before using aloe vera, the healing properties and contraindications for oneself must be found out by each person in order not to have health problems during treatment.
The use of aloe for the treatment of diseases ensures high efficiency of therapy. Funds from this plant can treat gynecological diseases, eliminate eye diseases, as well as cope with colds. In diabetes, the use of drugs from this plant has a strong therapeutic effect and allows you to eliminate the ailment that has arisen.
Many people appreciate aloe for the fact that in its composition it contains many vitamins. Using the remedies from this plant inside, deficiency of useful substances is eliminated. As a result, the normal functioning of all systems of the human body is ensured.
The beneficial properties of aloe vera are known to many. However, in order to prepare medicines from this plant with a powerful therapeutic effect, it is necessary to know how to harvest it. You need to tear the leaves of a length of 18 cm and only with two-year flowers. They must be stored in the refrigerator for 14 days. After this time, they are used to prepare various drugs.
A person who knows nothing about the application of this plant will of course be interested in how to use aloe. Note that most often the leaves and aloe juice are used to eliminate the painful conditions. Also, ointments, tinctures and lotions are prepared from the plant. Women, preparing masks and other cosmetics, use the juice of this flower. With regular use of drugs, there is an improvement in skin color, and the condition of the hair changes for the better.
Does everyone know about contraindications in the treatment of aloe? Not everyone is aware of this. In order for therapy to be effective, contraindications should be sought in advance. For this you need to consult a doctor. After obtaining approval from a specialist, it is possible to treat with remedies from this plant, and then enjoy a quick solution to health problems.
Aloe preparations are recommended by a short course, up to 30 days maximum. It is necessary to prepare fresh formulations, store them for no more than 5 days in the refrigerator (during long-term storage, the finished preparations of aloe lose their healing powers). Use aloe with high quality honey. Honey diluted with aloe juice in 1: 5. Take 1 tsp. three times a day. before meals. The same mixture can lubricate the skin before conducting a session of radiation therapy.
Aloe with hemorrhoids
The treatment is carried out without aggravation, in the absence of bleeding from the nodes. Especially effective in the initial stages.
Candles. Slice the pulp of the sheet without skin and thorns and coat with a mixture of honey and butter, enter into the rectum. Repeat twice, morning and evening.
Broth for lotions and compresses: chop 5 leaves of the plant and pour 500 ml of water, put for a quarter of an hour in a water bath. Soak in cleaned broth clean gauze and attach to the nodes for 15 minutes (lotion) or half an hour, covered with cellophane (compress). You can moisten with a gauze swab in the broth and gently place it in the anus for half an hour (with internal localization).
Dilated capillaries, skin redness, wrinkles
Every evening, apply cleansed aloe juice on cleansed face, thoroughly beat it with your fingers for 1-2 minutes. Course - 12 treatments, every other day. For the prevention of skin aging, frostbite, sunburn, dryness, you can take a leaf of aloe, cut it lengthwise, remove spines and lubricate cleansed face skin with the mucous side in the morning or in the evening 1-2 p per week.
Aloe for hair
To stimulate growth, strengthen, hair loss. 1 tbsp. Boil the crushed leaves for 10 minutes in 500 ml of water, cool and strain. Wipe with a decoction the scalp 2-3 p a week, do not rinse. From hair loss make a mask - gruel of crushed leaves rub into the hair roots, cover with cellophane and leave for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
To preserve youthful skin
Aloe mask: 1 tbsp. sour cream
20% mix with 1 tsp. aloe juice and 1 tsp. the yolk. Stir and apply on face and neck when the first layer dries - another layer and so for 20 minutes. Wash off with water at a contrasting temperature. Repeat once a week. Suitable for all skin types. You can add 1 drop of juice to a familiar face cream or eye gel.
- Mix in equal parts: aloe juice, butter, goose fat, powder of dried rosehips. Heat the mixture without boiling. Take 1 tbsp, three times a day, dissolved in 200 ml of hot milk, 30 minutes before meals. Keep refrigerated.
- Mix: 30 grams of chopped parsley seeds, 350 ml of red wine, 100 grams of chopped rosehips, 250 grams of honey and 150 grams of aloe juice. Insist 2 weeks, shaking the contents 1 time per day. Take 1 tbsp. three times a day before meals.
Pharmaceutical and cosmetic products - a storehouse of nutrients or another snag of gullible people
On the shelves of pharmacies and shops you can find numerous drugs and products containing aloe vera or aloe tree. Cosmetic “whales” such as SCHWARZKOPF, ST. IVES SWISS BEAUTY, ОRIFLAME, НLAVIN, LEK COSMETICS produce whole lines of aloe-based products that are in demand.
However, in the course of numerous studies of American and Israeli scientists, it was found that with long-term storage and preservation, many valuable plant substances are destroyed or lose their biological activity. In this case, the healing effect of the plant, as a natural biostimulator, is based on the complex cumulative effect of all its components, which do not provide value separately, since contained in relatively small quantities. Получается, что биоактивные вещества потенцируют друга, оказывая должный терапевтический эффект.
Отсюда следует сделать вывод, что домашние, правильно приготовленные и хранящиеся препараты алоэ эффективнее, нежели синтезированные средства и лекарства из алоэ, прошедшие обработку и консервацию.