Aloe, Kalanchoe, golden mustache - these are recognized leaders in healing properties among houseplants. The list can rightly include Indian onions. Although this plant is not as common on our window sills as the listed ones, but the healing properties of Indian onion are in no way inferior to other known medicinal cultures.
Indian onions are a great deceiver. He is not only not Indian, but not even a bow. Its scientific name is the caudal poultry. South Africa is considered its birthplace, but this perennial bulbous plant can be found in almost all subtropics of the inhabited continents: Europe, Asia, Africa and America.
Bird-bird has many names:
- Indian onions
- Mongolian bow,
- Chinese onion:
- False Squill.
Outwardly, this plant resembles an ordinary onion, only its bulb is pale green. This bulb is able to maintain viability for 20-30 years. She, like a film, is shrouded in scales, behind which new babies are born. When they reach 1.5 cm in length and 1 cm in width, they can be separated from the bulb to get new plants.
Indian onions are long (up to 1 m), leaves up to 5 cm wide sagging under their own weight, rolled up at the ends into tubules. The plant blooms with small white-green flowers, which are covered with a long - up to 60 cm - peduncle. If to tear off a leaf from a bulb, then juice starts to stand out from it at once.
Interesting fact: The age of Indian onions is easily determined by the number of leaves. Every year he grows a new leaf. So everything is simple: how many leaves have grown, how many years to a poultry lamb.
The poultry meat contains in large quantities:
- organic acids
- amino acids
- essential oils,
- trace elements.
But a deceiver is a deceiver - the exact composition of Indian onions has not yet been definitively established today.
The official medicine still bypasses the attention of the poultry lamb, while in folk medicine it is widely used to treat many diseases. Indian onions owe their healing powers to colchicine, an alkaloid that has powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Also onions are used as a good antimicrobial and bactericidal agent. They use it to accelerate blood flow, and some traditional healers claim that it is able to inhibit the development of various tumors, including cancer.
With the help of Indian onions, many ailments are treated:
- a cold
- sore throat
- headache and toothache
It is also used to heal wounds, relieve inflammation, swelling, itching, removal of herpes, warts, from nail fungus, as well as for cosmetic purposes - to get rid of freckles.
For treatment, you can use both the bulb and the leaves, and flower stalks. But most of all in Indian onions, old leaves are valued - large, containing the maximum amount of healing juice.
Application of Indian onions
Preparations on the basis of Indian onions can be in the form of:
- Concentrated juice.
- Alcohol tincture.
- Aqueous tincture.
The form of the drug for treatment must be selected individually, depending not only on the disease, but also on the general condition of the patient.
The plant is crushed, folded in a glass jar and poured with alcohol. The proportions of Indian onion and alcohol can be different: 1:10, 1:15, 1:20. It is preferable to use leaves to make tinctures, but you can use both bulbs and floral arrows.
A tin of tincture is placed in a dark place, shaking it regularly. After 3 weeks, the tincture is filtered and used for treatment. She has retained her healing properties for several years.
Water tincture is good because it is not as stinging as alcohol or concentrated juice. To prepare it, chopped leaves pour warm boiled water and infused for 12 hours. You can also chop the leaves folded in a thermos and pour boiling water. After 2 hours, the tincture is ready.
The cut sheet is crushed into a mush and mixed with other components. Usually, the ointment is prepared on the basis of any interior fat or vaseline, with the addition of other components: egg whites, burdock root, aloe juice, yarrow, etc.
The easiest recipe for making such an ointment is: warm up Vaseline in a water bath (40 degrees) and slowly pour fresh juice into it, stirring everything thoroughly. The ratio of vaseline and juice should be 5: 1. In a cool dark place, this ointment is stored for up to 1 month.
Simple recipes for every day.
To relieve pain with radiculitis, the lower back is quickly rubbed with a small (no more than 2 cm) piece cut from the bulb, covered with a soft cloth and wrapped with a woolen scarf. After 7–10 minutes, the scarf is removed and the remaining juice is wiped with a soft cloth moistened with warm water.
Compress do 1-2 times a day (it is better to do it with an assistant - very quickly rub juice in the lower back inconveniently). Time should be determined by the state of health - if it starts to burn strongly, the compress should be removed, otherwise you risk to get burned skin.
Headache is removed by rubbing a small amount of fresh juice in the temporal or occipital part of the head. Rubbing the juice in the gums, you can relieve a toothache, but this is a recipe for extreme lovers. In addition, at the slightest bleeding in the oral cavity, it is strictly contraindicated.
The recipe for Indian onions running nose is also simple: a small amount of fresh juice is rubbed into the nose and the areas of the maxillary sinuses. With painful insect bites, a few drops of juice are rubbed into the bitten place.
Regularly lubricating papilloma juice and warts, you can quickly get rid of them. The concentrated juice helps to quickly get rid of nail fungus.
To be treated or not? Despite its medicinal properties, the poultry lamb is a poisonous plant, and the slightest mistake in its dosage can cause poisoning.
The external use of Indian onions is considered relatively safe. Although in large doses, it can provoke leukopenia (a decrease in the number of leukocytes in the blood). Therefore, even the external "safe" use of Indian onion preparations should not be permanent. The maximum duration of the course of treatment can last no more than 30 days (for greater safety - 25 days), after which it is necessary to take a long break.
Important! A poultry bird is the strongest irritant, and it is impossible to predict the response of an organism to even healthy people in advance.
Before proceeding with the treatment, it is better to do a “test run”. For this, a drop of Indian onion juice should be dropped on the inner side of the bend of the elbow joint. Depending on the results of this test, and decide on the appropriateness of such treatment and the concentration of the drug.
If during the treatment with Indian onion its juice accidentally got into the eyes, the procedure should be immediately interrupted, thoroughly wash the injured eye with plenty of water and immediately visit an oculist.
Birdworm is famous for its property to thin the blood. Therefore, before you begin treatment for them, make sure that you do not have problems with blood clotting. Do not flatter yourself that you apply it externally - through the pores of the skin it will easily penetrate into the circulatory system, and the consequences may be the most severe.
Treatment of Indian onions during pregnancy, nursing mothers and children is contraindicated. These three categories are not something to be treated - even contact with the poultry is impossible!
Growing poultry meat
In the subtropical climate, Indian onions can grow in the wild state all year round, but in our country it is more grown as a houseplant. He fell in love with our housewives by the fact that growing it at home is hardly a problem. Poultry meat is undemanding to the soil, it does not need a large capacity for planting, it is not necessary to constantly feed and replant it, and often water it, too.
You can grow it in several ways: from the seed, dividing the bulb, but the easiest and most popular - separation of children. It is enough to separate such a baby from the bulb and plant it in a separate pot - and after two weeks it will take root. Planted need so that the baby half protruding from the ground.
As an indoor plant, Indian onion feels great on the south windows, but can grow on the north. The plant does not tolerate excess moisture, so it should be watered only when the topsoil is completely dry.
From late May to early September it is possible to grow Indian onions in the open air, where it quickly takes root and grows, delighting the eye with large leaves and beautiful flowers. But you can not leave it in the garden or in the flower bed for the winter - this plant is thermophilic.
Harvesting raw Indian onions for medicinal needs can be done all year round, but it is best to do this during flowering - at this time the plant has the greatest healing power.
Indian onions can save a person from many diseases. But he, being poisonous, with inept, uncontrolled treatment can cause many problems. Therefore, when deciding to use the poultry lamb for your treatment, make sure that it works for you, not for harm.
Characteristics and cultivation at home
Ramson belongs to the family of onion plants and is a perennial crop. It is the earliest edible herb, since it grows back in the middle of spring. External characteristics of wild garlic are as follows:
- long bulb, centimeter thick and not connected to the rhizome,
- triangular stem, up to 50 cm high and covered with long, pointed and oblong leaves at the base,
- wild onion flower white, has the shape of an umbrella,
- the fruit is a three-sided box, inside which contains spherical black seeds.
Onions usually grow near the marshes, as well as in flood meadows and forests. The main region of distribution is Russia, Siberia.
As for self-growing wild garlicit is best to do this in the fall. For landing on the site gets a cool place. Dig up the ground, make the beds and lay the seeds. Fertilize the soil is not necessary. This plant is able to grow independently without outside help. However, you will be required to regularly clean weeds. Ramson grows for a long time, it can grow not immediately, but in a few seasons, so after planting you will need to be patient.
Composition of wild garlic and its beneficial properties
Bear bow includes essential oils, as well as glycosides, which form a specific garlic odor. The plant also contains a large amount of vitamin C and other useful ingredients that form the healing properties:
- vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 and PP,
- amino acids
Caloric content is 35 kcal per 100 grams.
Onions for many centuries known as a healing plant. So, in the Middle Ages, with its help, people defended themselves against diseases such as the plague and cholera. At present, the healing properties of the plant help to treat skin diseases such as warts or lichen.
Wild garlic tincture well removes cough symptoms, fights rheumatism and bronchitis, and is also used to strengthen the body. It is not recommended for general prevention to overdo the abuse of the product in its pure form, as this may provoke insomnia.
Useful components help the body's tissues to recover successfully, as well as develop and grow. In addition, the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract are normalized.
Among other properties:
- positive effect on heart function, lower blood pressure,
- prevention of cholesterol plaque on the body,
- treatment of hypertension, atherosclerosis and avitaminosis,
- treatment of impotence in men
- fight against infections - even doctors admit that ramson successfully helps to cure cervical erosion, trophic ulcers or trichomoniasis,
- restoration of appetite, treatment of gastritis with reduced acidity - this is achieved due to the fact that the plant helps to increase the secretion of gastric juice,
- solving problems with the thyroid gland,
- use as an antiparasitic,
- has a diuretic effect in pyelonephritis or cystitis,
- treatment of depression, etc.
Useful properties of wild garlic contained in its pods and green leaves. They have a bactericidal property, even if you chew raw leaves for a few minutes, you will do more for the oral cavity than with ordinary cleaning and rinsing with pastes and solutions.
Treatment of various diseases with the help of a bear bow will be successful if it is properly prepared. So, with skin irritations and allergies tincture is based on wild garlic. And tincture with alcohol helps with bronchitis or cough. In its raw form, the plant is eaten for heart, stomach and thyroid diseases.
Folk recipes with wild onions
On the basis of the leaves and stem of the plant they prepare all kinds of decoctions, infusions and ointments. All the useful qualities of wild garlic are in its juice, it is used both inside and outside. Here are some recipes:
- tincture against joint diseases - chop fresh ramson and fill it with vodka in a ratio of 1 to 4. Soak for 10 days, then strain and use to rub the joints twice a day with arthritis, arthritis and rheumatism until the symptoms pass. Also, the tincture can be taken orally for a month twice a day, 30 drops in atherosclerosis,
- ramson juice against herpes, purulent wounds and pressure sores - with infected wounds, as well as ulcers, bedsores, etc. wipe affected areas with sap up to 4 times a day. And with lichen and warts, lotions based on juice are placed on the affected areas for 15 minutes. The same juice can be dripped into the ears with purulent otitis media twice a day, then after 15 minutes the ears are washed,
- a remedy for periodontal disease - in a ratio of one to one, mix the juice of garlic and vodka, then dissolve the spoon of the obtained product in 100 ml of water and rinse your mouth twice a day with the liquid obtained. The treatment lasts 2 weeks,
- an infusion against gastritis, colds and kidney diseases - leaves and onions from two plants of bear's onions pour 300 ml of water and heat for 10 minutes over a fire, then infuse for two hours. Strain the infusion and drink for diseases of the digestive system, inflammation of the bladder, kidney stones or pyelonephritis in a quarter cup three times a day for two weeks,
- for pain in the spine and ocular inflammations - fresh ramson is crushed and ground into mush, put in cheesecloth and apply to the sore spot. If conjunctivitis is present, gruel is put on the eyelids twice a day for 5 minutes, and on the back it can be kept up to an hour. The treatment lasts about 10 days,
- infusion of beriberi or bronchitis - boil 10 leaves of a plant in a glass of white wine for 5 minutes and then strain. Add a small spoonful of honey and drink during the day in small portions. In case of pulmonary diseases, the treatment course is 10 days, in case of avitaminosis - 2 weeks,
- remedy for hypertension - take 0.5 kg of wild garlic, horseradish, onions and lemons. All of the above, except lemons, clean, then grind everything through a meat grinder. Fill with two liters of water and leave for a month. Drink on an empty stomach one spoon three times a day to stabilize the pressure.
Remember that all the above recipes can not fully replace the help of a qualified doctor. Any use of such funds should be coordinated with the doctor.
Bear bow: contraindications
Ramson cannot be used or treated with it in the following cases:
- with ulcers,
- with pancreatitis,
- with hepatitis,
- with cholecystitis,
- against epilepsy
- during pregnancy.
Ramsons in cooking and recipes
She has good tasteIt tolerates winter well, so it is often used for culinary purposes. And the useful properties of the product - only a nice bonus. It is best to use the product raw, because during heat treatment some of its taste and useful qualities are lost.
When you are going to cook something on the basis of this product, pay special attention to the dosage of the plant, because the garlic taste is at risk of spoiling this or that dish.
In the summer of particularly popular dish can be called ramson saladwhen the leaves are cut and added without cooking to other ingredients to your taste.
And if you cook soups based on wild onion, then its leaves are used. So that they do not lose their properties and taste, add them to the soup by the end of cooking. Still, ramson is good as an ingredient in vegetable, fish or meat dishes.
It is worth noting that ramson can not be used as a main ingredient for main dishes, but as an additive to side dishes it is incredibly good. The plant can be added to spreads and sauces, they can be replaced with basil and add to dishes with sour cream or cottage cheese main. Черемшу можно добавлять в начинку для пирожков, пирогов или вареников, а выпечке она придается уникальный привкус.
Медвежий лук может быть применен для консервации на зиму. Как ингредиент для салата можно применять его в квашенном, соленом или маринованном виде. А если вы хотите растение высушить, то храните его в сухой и герметично закрытой таре, чтобы полезные свойства не исчезли.
Предлагаем несколько рецептов на основе растения:
- bear onion salad with egg - crumble a fresh plant, egg and fresh cucumber, season at your discretion,
- pie - use yeast-free dough, wild garlic, green onions, garlic, mushrooms and cabbage for cooking, bake in the oven,
- pickled onions - this pickle has a low calorie content and a pleasant taste. A liter of sugar and the same amount of salt, as well as 100 grams of vinegar essence are taken per liter of marinade. Stems-stalks can be cut into pieces that are equal in height to the height of the container, where the pickled product will be stored. For a minute they are immersed in boiling water and then cooled in cold water. Chopped arrows tightly laid in jars and pour the marinade cooked in advance. We roll in banks
- salad with pickled wild garlic - this appetizer is good for both everyday and festive table. It is suitable for a diet table (even for diabetics) and for children. In addition to pickled wild onions, you need to prepare garlic, herbs, salt and vegetable oil. Cut the ramson into small pieces, and chop up parsley, garlic, dill or another kind of greens in small pieces. Mix everything with butter, salt the salad to taste, add parsley leaves and sour cream,
- fresh plant salad with cucumber - this salad is able to raise the level of hemoglobin, and also helps to improve blood circulation. In addition to wild garlic, onions and cucumbers are required. The leaves of wild onions are cut in long strips along, peeling off the cucumber and cutting similarly. Plain onions clean and cut into half rings. All thoroughly mixed, to taste add salt, sour cream, olives and greens.
As you see wild (he is a bear) bow is a unique plant, which has a special taste and has beneficial properties. On its basis they prepare healing folk remedies for various diseases, as well as delicious dietary meals, the recipes of which we shared in the article.
Spicy greens - mix onions and garlic
Wild onions began to grow on the site in the east for a long time. In China, Mongolia and Japan, it is grown in all regions and is often used in cooking. One of the names of this plant is Chinese garlic. Under natural conditions, the culture grows on rocky slopes, along the banks of mountain rivers and hills. In Asia, Chinese garlic has been used for a long time, and in European countries it was brought in by Chinese nomads.
The plant belongs to perennials. Fragrant onion or Chinese garlic is a short-growing plant, whose stems are 30–35 cm in length. A rhizome forms a horizontal one, on which small onions are located. Bulbs consist of film and mesh scales. Each bulb forms a rosette of leaves of 5-6 pieces. After winter, the onion forms several more children, thus a year later a magnificent bush of Chinese garlic grows from several onions.
In the summer, in the second year after planting, the culture throws out long stalks, similar to inflorescences-covers. Until the inflorescences begin to blossom, the stems are soft and juicy, suitable for consumption. When the umbrellas of flowers begin to bloom, they exude a rich honey aroma that attracts a large number of insects. Hence culture got its name - fragrant onions.
Fragrant onions are easily confused with other varieties of culture. But there are a number of features that distinguish it from other varieties:
- The leaves are thin and juicy, but not tubular, but flat.
- Differs onion-garlic aroma, but not as spicy and spicy as with wild garlic, but rather spicy.
- The food is allowed to eat feathers and arrows of Chinese garlic.
- The main feature is a rich floral aroma of inflorescences, which no other variety has.
In China, fragrant onion or Chinese garlic is used in traditional medicine. They are also decorated with second courses and various snacks. Fresh plant has a strong spicy aroma.
Food medicinal and decorative properties
In the photo of fragrant onion, it can be understood that it is not only edible and used for the preparation of various medicines, but also acts as an ornamental plant for decorating flower beds. Fragrant savory smell of fragrant onions attracts bees to the site, therefore, if there are problems with the formation of flowering in crops near the beds, fragrant onions are planted.
Onion of a fragrant onion of the Aprior variety is planted one by one, and after 1-2 years a lush green bush grows in that place.
Sweet onions or as it is called in Kazakhstan Dzhusay is difficult to imagine Asian cuisine. Feathers are used to prepare snacks, served with meat and make sauces on their basis. In addition, the feathers are dried and used as a spicy spicy seasoning for various dishes. Arrows taste like wild garlic. They are marinated or fried by analogy with garlic arrows. Useful components of vitamins and trace elements that are part of Dzhusay help cope with many diseases.
Folk recipes using wild onion:
- 100 g of fresh feathers are poured with 2 parts of vodka and infused for 14 days. Infusion can rub bruises, bruises and abrasions.
- Inclusion in the diet of fresh Chinese garlic removes toxins from the body, improves immunity and helps to cope with colds.
- Young green plants strengthens the walls of blood vessels, circulatory system, heart muscle.
Greens contain a small amount of fiber, so it is recommended to use it in the diet for people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Among the variety of varieties of Chinese garlic is sometimes difficult to choose. The best varieties for planting on the plot:
- Dzhusay onions - fragrant variety, which differs in late maturity of feathers. Pruning can be done until late autumn. The leaves in length reach 25–30 cm. The shade of green is light green and gray.
- Onion fragrant Aprior refers to varieties with a mid-ripening period of ripening and a full crop can be collected in the last days of May. The bush is strongly branched, on each of the shoots up to 10 leaflets are formed. Aprior contains high levels of vitamin C.
- Among the names of the best varieties found spicy. Treats salad varieties with high resistance to strong frosts and gentle taste of greens which remains throughout all summer. Like Chinese onion garlic onions is rich in vitamins and microelements, so whatever variety grows on the plot, it is impossible to overestimate the benefits of its use.
Care and landing technology
It is not difficult to grow onion branching, the technology of growing this culture is no different from growing ordinary onions. In the wild, Chinese garlic grows in the meadows, but in the backyard it is planted in any places. It is desirable to choose fertile light soils in open sunny areas. Under the crown of trees and in the penumbra, the culture will grow poorly.
Compared to other onion varieties, Chinese garlic is more heat-loving, so it is advisable to choose such areas so that they are covered with snow in winter.
Enters care of plants:
- Regular watering. It is important to ensure that the soil has not been over-moistened. If this happens, the rhizome will begin to rot.
- By the composition of the soil Dzhusay undemanding, but if before planting the soil to feed the greens will be more juicy and tender.
- Once a month you need to remove weeds from the site, and every two weeks weed the beds with spice.
Dzhusay is absolutely undemanding in leaving. The main thing is to water it in time and periodically thin out the landings so that it does not overwhelm the site. In winter, the greens are cut off, and the rhizome is sheltered from frost in the northern regions.
Onions are planted with seeds. This method is considered one of the easiest. Planting and cultivation of onion Dzhusaya depends on climatic and weather conditions. Before planting the bed do in the groove, watered with a small amount of water. Seeds fall asleep to a depth of 1–1.5 cm. From above the grooves fall asleep with humus. At the end of planting plentifully watered.
Optimum terms of landing of landing material:
- Before winter (if you plant the seeds in late autumn, the greens can be eaten as early as March).
- If you plant the seeds in April, then in the year of planting the spice is better not to touch it and let it grow stronger.
- In the summer until July 15. Planting during this period will allow you to enjoy fresh greens in April.
Before planting in open ground, seeds are soaked for two days in water with a temperature of 40 degrees. On the third day, planting material is soaked just in warm water. Shoots thinned as they germinate. Some sprouts are left, the other goes for food.
On the photo of fragrant onion, you can determine how many years he grows in the same place. If the bushes become too large, then this signals the need to transplant the bulbs to a new location. To the green garlic was a lot, you need to regularly thin out.
In the autumn after flowering, the whole bush is dug out and divided into several parts. The stem should be bare. Each part should be 2-4 onions. Separated parts are planted at intervals of 20–25 cm.
What to look for when leaving?
Onion fragrant unpretentious care, but, nevertheless, some of the rules of agricultural engineering must be observed. If you do not pay attention to the bow, then you can see that it has become not so lush, and the feathers are juicy.
Features care for bear bow or wild garlic:
- Ramson is a common plant that needs to be watered several times a week.
- In some species, when sowing seeds, greens are not cut off in the first year after planting.
- Thinning provides nutrients with access to the root system. In autumn, thickets are thinned out so that the distance between them is 8–10 cm. With the onset of spring, they are thinned out so that the interval is up to 29 cm.
- In the first year after planting, the onions are often not watered, so that it can build up deciduous mass and become juicy.
- From the second year, abundant watering is required several times per season, as a rule, 8–9 irrigations.
- The first top dressing with organic fertilizers is made after sowing (using chicken manure), then after each mass pruning of greens make mineral fertilizers.
Characteristics of the plant
The plant is herbaceous, perennial, belongs to the onion family. It is resistant to frost, can withstand low temperatures, up to 50 degrees. The vegetative period of the land part of the plant lasts from autumn to spring.
Wild onion or ramson
In appearance, a wild bow is very similar to a poisonous lily of the valley, until it has an arrow of a peduncle. A distinctive feature of these plants is the presence of garlic smell in wild onionsthat appears when rubbing a leaf with your fingers. Depending on the place of growth, the color of leaves varies from light green to brightly saturated.
It grows in all corners of Russia, especially in its central and southern parts. Extensive thickets of wild onions can be seen in the Tula forests. It is found in the Far East, and in the Caucasus, Siberia and Bashkiria. It prefers wild onions to moist soil, therefore it grows near rivers, lakes, in the shade of deciduous forests. Growing, it forms large thickets, occupying large areas.
The mountainous regions of China and Mongolia are considered the birthplace of wild onions.
Wild onions or wild garlic - this name combines two species of the same plant. The composition and properties of both species of wild onions are the same. The difference between one and the other is in flowering time and size.
This is a herbaceous perennial plant with a root system in the form of a small bulb, about a centimeter in diameter. From each such bulb develops two broad lanceolate leaves, sitting at the very base of the triangular stem. The stem itself is "naked", without leaves. Its height can reach up to 15 - 40 centimeters..
Ends the stem inflorescence in the form of an umbrella. The flowers are small, white or light tone, with a pleasant smell. Blooms in May - early June. And by the end of June - the beginning of July, the seeds of black color of a round shape, which are in a trihedral box, already ripen.
Vegetation begins in early spring and ends early.. In the two spring months, the bear onion goes through a full life cycle, from leaf development to full seed ripening. At the end of June, the leaves with the stem of the plant wither and die. Only the bulb sitting in the ground remains viable, which, with the advent of the new spring, awakens and gives rise to a new plant.
Bear onions are the earliest greens that appear in spring and are in high demand. The extermination of this onion in the woods led to a sharp decrease in the population of this species. Currently, bear bow harvest is prohibited by law., it is listed in the Red Book.
Unlike bear onions, it is a larger plant. The rhizome consists of several bulbs, one to two centimeters thick. During the growing season, each bulb germinates, and one plant forms a whole bush. The leaves are wider and larger, lanceolate or elliptical in shape, in the amount of three pieces, pointed, ending with a petiole. The stem is semi-cylindrical or triangular in shape, reaching a height of 70 centimeters.
It ends with inflorescence of small flowers, in the form of an umbrella, hemispherical shape, which have a delicate honey smell. The size of flowers in the onion is smaller than that of its relative.
The composition of wild onions
Ramson is a valuable food product containing vitamins, microelements, essential oils. Eaten all parts of the plant. These are leaves, stem, bulb. Preparation of ramson leaves is carried out in the spring, before the flowering plant. At this time, it contains, in its composition, the greatest number of valuable and useful substances for the human body.
Both wild-growing and domesticated varieties of wild onions are beneficial to the body.
- Vitamin C - is found in the garlic in an equal amount and competes with products such as black currants, oranges and lemons, sauerkraut. It helps to increase the body's resistance to various infections.
- Vitamins of group B - have an anti-stress effect on the nervous system, improve the condition of the skin and hair structure, ensure the normal functioning of the intestine.
- Vitamin A - is a barrier to the development of skin diseases, improves the functioning of the organ of vision, has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Phytoncides - volatile substances with antiviral and antimicrobial action. They have a therapeutic effect in various inflammatory processes and infections.
- Trace elements - boron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, calcium are involved in strengthening the immune system, help to slow down the aging of the body.
Use in traditional medicine
Ramson from ancient times was known not only as a useful plant for nutrition, but also as a doctor of various diseases, both internal and external. Different broths, infusions, compositions were made from wild garlic.
This plant is used as a medicine, and now. A large number of different allergic reactions to a particular medical drug, forcing patients to increasingly resort to recipes of traditional medicine.
Tincture of wild garlic: 1 part of crushed fresh leaves is poured with 5 parts of vodka and infused in a dark place for three weeks. After filtering the composition, the tincture is ready for use. 20 drops are taken in 15 ml of water three times a day for three to four months.
Runny nose and cold
Fresh wild garlic leaves, crushed into mush, are wrapped in cheesecloth and in the form of tampons are introduced into each nostril for 10 - 15 minutes several times a day.
Ramson tincture: one part of the crushed fresh leaves is poured with four parts of vodka and infused for one and a half to two weeks. Used to grind diseased joints, including arthrosis, sciatica, twice a day to relieve pain.
Potatoes cut into strips are added to boiling vegetable broth and cooked for 10 - 15 minutes. Paste onions and carrots, which are added to the soup, separately. A few minutes later put about 200 grams of chopped wild garlic. The soup is seasoned with spices and salt to taste.. If desired, add a spoonful of sour cream.
Sliced leaves and stalks of wild garlic are laid out on a griddle with sunflower or olive oil. After the greens are reduced in size, tomato paste and a little soy sauce are added. The dish has a delicate and pleasant taste with a slight sour tint.. It can be included in the diet as a separate dietary dish, or as a side dish for meat, mashed potatoes or buckwheat, rice.
Thus, nature continues to give man amazing plants. Keeping wild onions in nature, a person provides himself for many years not only with a green pharmacy, but also with an additional vitamin product.
Onion angular, or Mouse garlic (Latin Állium angulósum) - a perennial herb, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family (Alliaceae). Луковицы узко-конические, толщиной 0,5—0,75 см, по 1—3 прикреплены к горизонтальному или восходящему корневищу, с сероватыми, пленчатыми, цельными оболочками. Стебель высотой 25—50 см, угловатый, тонкий.
Листья в числе пяти — шести, у основания стебля сближенные, килеватые, узколинейные, шириной 2—4 мм, тупые, гладкие, прямые, длиннее половины стебля. Зонтик пучковато-полушаровидный или чаще полушаровидный, многоцветковый, густой. Листочки широко-колокольчатого околоцветника розово-фиолетовые, с малозаметной жилкой, длиной 6—7 мм, острые, продолговатые, почти равные.
Лук пскемский (лат. Allium pskemense) is a perennial herb, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family (Alliaceae). In nature, the species range covers Central Asia. It grows in rock crevices and rocky places.
The bulbs are oblong-ovate, 4-6 cm in diameter, with red-brown, thin-skinned, whole shells, several attached to the rhizome. The stalk is powerful, 40-80 cm high, hollow, below the middle of a hollow, bloated, at the base dressed with smooth leaf sheaths.
Onion Oshanina (lat. Allium oschaninii) is a perennial herb, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family (Alliaceae). In nature, the species range covers Pamir-Alai and Tien-Shan, Endemic. It grows in rock crevices and on rocky slopes.
The stalk is powerful, 45–100 cm tall, hollow, inflated below half, dressed at the base with spread, smooth sheaths of leaves. Leaves, 4-5 in number, cylindrical, narrowed to the apex, fistulous, glaucous, straight, 4-15 mm wide (up to 40 mm), three times shorter than the stem.
Altai Onions, or Stone Onions, Sagono (lat. Allium altaicum) is a perennial herb, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family (Alliaceae). Listed in the Red Book of Russia. This species grows in the Altai Territory, Tuva and Buryatia, the Irkutsk Region and the Trans-Baikal Territory. Also found in eastern Kazakhstan, in Mongolia and China.
Rock onions, or Pickled onions (Latin Állium saxatíle) - a perennial herb, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family (Alliaceae). In nature, the species range covers Southern Europe: from Italy to the Crimea, the Caucasus, Kazakhstan. It grows on rocks, stony places, sand, in steppes.
Onion skoroda, or shnitt onions (also chives, sibulelet onions, chives, onions. Lat. It is distributed in the temperate zone in the Front, Central Asia, the Far East, Northern, Central Europe, North America. It is found on the Indian subcontinent.
Sandy onion (Latin Allium sabulosum) - a perennial herb, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family (Alliaceae). In nature, the species range covers Central Asia - northern areas of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and China. It grows in sandy deserts.
Country onion (lat. Allium paradoxum) - perennial plant, a species of the genus Onion (Allium) of the Onion family. In nature, the species range covers Iran, Azerbaijan, Dagestan and Turkmenistan. Naturalized everywhere. It grows in shady oak foothill forests. Mesophyte. Early springtime ephemeroid.
Propagated by seeds, daughters and bulbs bulbs. Bulb spherical, with a diameter of about 1 cm, the outer shells are grayish-black, paper-shaped. The stem is 20-30 cm high, sharply triangular, with a basement, and with a leaf dressed leafless vagina.
Leaf is linear, keeled, from the middle to the base is graduated. The leaves have an interesting feature: the central vein projects from the top, and not from the bottom of the leaf blade, which makes the leaves appear inverted. This is probably why the onion got the specific name “strange”.
Allium wild (Allium ramosum)
Wild onion in the encyclopedia has such names as branched onions, fragrant onions, Dzhutsay. The people often call it fragrant onion, Chinese onion or garlic, field garlic. It is found on meadows, glades and forest edges, quite often cultivated in private farms, it is practically absent in free sale.
Perennial frost-resistant plant, propagated by seeds. Arrow leaves are long 35-45 cm., Up to 1 cm wide, with a dark green color and a waxy coating. On one plant up to 10 leaves. Flowering stem naked, just above the leaves (up to 60 cm). At the end of the stem flowers are white or lilac-white, collected in a spherical flower basket. Blossoms in the second year of life in the month of July. The bulbous root is small, up to 1 cm in diameter.
Eat green parts of the plant. For one season, you can collect three or four crops of green onions. Due to the fact that the greens have garlic taste without bitterness characteristic of garlic, it is part of many salads. It is well combined when cooking wild meat, and also in combination with minced meat. Especially popular are the dishes with wild garlic in Central Asia and China: delicious Lagman, delicious roasts, various snacks, fragrant and spicy complex meat sauces.
As a medical raw material most often used seeds, inflorescences and bulbs. It is in them that the greatest concentration of vitamin C (up to 100 mg.) And nutrients. Used as a vitamin and fortifying plant. It has a beneficial effect on the human cardiovascular system, increases immunity and resistance to infectious diseases. It has diuretic and choleretic effects. Prescribed for colds, bronchitis, tuberculosis.
Wild onion pictures
Picture 1: Meadow with growing Jucai.
In photos 2 and 3: Round flower basket
Photo 4: top and bottom of a wild onion.
Photo 5: Wild Onion Duo.
On photos 6 and 7: Onion feathers, cooked for culinary processing.