Strong-smelling perennial herb, characterized by a long flowering period, ease of preparation of medicinal raw materials, a high content of essential oils in the composition. It has astringent, anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties. It performs the role of a biogenic stimulator in the presence of serious inflammatory diseases.
Lofant is called aniseed, fennel, dill plant because of the strong spicy smell exuded by its long inflorescences. The plant does not belong to the list of pharmacopoeial, but is popular among traditional healers, due to its therapeutic qualities. The medicinal properties of the lofant are based on the action of the essential oil: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, healing. Its components normalize the work of the immune as well as the cardiovascular system.
The greatest distribution of the lofant is observed in the middle climatic zone. The plant has spread from North America. Wild lofant is found throughout the United States, as well as in adjacent regions of Canada. In Russia, a lofant can be found in the Caucasus and Siberia. Areas of growing plants - Astrakhan, Saratov, Moscow region. Lofant is found on the European continent in all countries with a temperate climate: in Ukraine, Poland, Moldova. Distributed in the Crimea.
The plant belongs to the herbaceous perennials, although in appearance may be confused with shrubs. The fact is that the above-ground part of the grass is actively branching, and each individual branch of the plant ends with its own inflorescence, forming a volumetric similarity to a shrub crown. The plant looks like this.
- Root. The core root system of the lofant has a well-developed, fleshy basic root, from which multiple additional roots radiate, significantly increasing the area of absorption of water and useful substances from the soil.
- Stem. A single stem lofant repeatedly branches. The surface of the stem is light green, most often has four edges. Stems erect, leafy.
- Leaves. They have a decorative meaning due to their unusual appearance. The leaves of the lofant are of large size - they reach a length of 10 cm. The entire leaf plate is green, and in the older leaves it has a bright purple-brown scorch. The leaf plate form is broadly lanceolate, with a heart-shaped base. Leaves are fastened with long petioles, placement is opposite. The edge of the sheet plate is serrated.
- Flowers Flowering is observed from July to October. Each two-lipped flower in the inflorescence, fades already within a week after flowering, but it is replaced by a new bud, which is why the plant is in the flowering phase for so long. The long period of development of the inflorescences generates the decorative value of the lofant. Spike inflorescences stretch upwards, having impressive volumes. The length of the inflorescence can reach 15 cm, and the diameter - 3 cm. The flowers are purple, pink, blue-pink color.
- Fruit. Have an oblong oval shape. These are brown nuts. Inside them are concentrated a lot of smooth seeds.
Preparation of raw materials
For medicinal purposes, only the aerial part of the anise lofant is used - young shoots collected during the budding period or immediately after the onset of flowering. The basics of stocking are as follows.
- Collection of raw materials. Garden shears cut shoots, retreating 10 cm from the soil. It is desirable that the length of the collected branches does not exceed 20 cm. Re-harvesting the lofant for the winter implies cutting the grass, departing 20 cm from the ground.
- Training. Collected branches with inflorescences are sorted for impurities, knitted in small panicles or laid out in one layer on a pallet lined with paper or cotton fabric.
- Drying. Occurs when hanging raw materials on a thick thread or placing a pallet with grass in a shaded place, with good, preferably through ventilation. When using the dryer, observe the temperature regime up to 40 ° C.
Dried grass is crushed to make it easier to pack and store. Well-dried raw materials are brittle, have a characteristic spicy smell, as well as a bitter taste.
What caused the medicinal properties of a lofant?
The main component of the chemical composition of the plant, constituting 15% of the amount of all compounds, is the essential oil. The main substance - the basis of the specific anisic aroma of the plant - methyl chavicol. In general, scientists isolated about 20 aromatic compounds from the essential oil of anise-flavored lofant with different pharmacological, physical properties and causing different shades of plant aroma.
Depending on the place of plant growth and the predominance of a certain chemical compound in the essential oil, the lofant may have predominant citrus or lemon shades of smell, gently enveloping the basic anise flavor. Lofant essential oil gives a variety of beneficial properties.
- Effect on the central nervous system. It improves the functioning of the central nervous system, activates thought processes. Shows the soft sedative properties which are not causing drowsiness. In general, it can be said that a lofant promotes concentration of attention, memory improvement.
- Effect on immunity. Lofant improves the immune response of protective cells, prevents the development of viral and bacterial diseases, as well as speeds up recovery in case of existing infectious diseases. Lofant essential oil is a source of antioxidants that neutralize radicals, which is why the plant's ability to slow down the aging processes of the human body is determined.
- Effect on glands. Lofant regulates the function of the endocrine glands, leading to the normalization of the ratio of hormones.
- Effect on the skin. Essential oil lofanta shows anti-inflammatory, regenerating, anti-edematous and anti-exudative effect.
In addition to the essential oil, the lofant is rich in other specific compounds with pharmacological activity.
- Tannin. Interacting with proteins of the skin and mucous membranes, forms a protective film, preventing chemical, mechanical, and bacterial irritation of the damaged epithelium. Tannin, as a tanning agent in the composition of a lofant, has a bacteriostatic, astringent, antiexudative and hemostatic effect, which is actively used in the treatment of burns, wounds, scratches, skin diseases.
- Oleic acid. It has antihypertensive properties due to its ability to eliminate vascular spasms. Shows the ability to reduce cholesterol in the blood, creating prevention of atherosclerosis. Improves the condition of the vascular walls - normalizes their permeability, increases elasticity. In combination therapy with antibiotics, it enhances their action.
- Ursolic acid. Eliminates inflammatory processes in the vascular walls, improves peripheral blood flow, stimulating skin regeneration and hair growth. It has antihypertensive properties. Stimulates the formation of urine, improves the excretion of salt deposits from the body. Stimulates the natural synthesis of collagen in the body.
- Diosmin. A compound from the group of flavonoids, showing anti-varicose action. Diosmin normalizes the condition of the vascular walls, gently thins the blood, preventing thrombophlebitis. Normalizes arterial, venous, lymphatic outflow, showing the ability to eliminate edema.
- Glycosides. They have mild laxative, diuretic, irritating properties. Antimicrobial activity is also inherent in glycosides.
- Vitamin C. The most powerful antioxidant in the lofant composition that is necessary for the body as a prevention of premature aging, as well as for performing other physiological processes: blood formation, absorption of iron, work of the nervous and immune systems, support of the normal state of veins and capillaries. Known hepatoprotective properties of ascorbic acid.
- Bitterness They have an irritating effect on the cells of the digestive tract. They improve the secretion of digestive juices, normalize the intestinal microflora. Promote rapid recovery of the body during physical exhaustion. Activate the appetite.
All chemical compounds that are in the composition lofanta, improve metabolic processes in the human body.
Diseases of the skin and hair
It has been scientifically proven that the composition of lofant's essential oil in combination with tannins can be used externally to treat:
- dermatitis of fungal, bacterial, allergic origin,
- eczematous, psoriatic, seborrheic lesions,
The use of anisome lofanta for the human body also lies in its ability to normalize the state of the vessels and improve blood flow, gently adjusting the pressure. The plant is used for therapy:
- migraines with VSD,
- edemas of various localization,
- violation of the trophism of peripheral tissues
- varicose veins,
- capillary fragility,
- diabetes, for the prevention of complications.
Disruption of the organs of detoxification
In addition, the lofant helps to restore the functioning of the liver and pancreas even after severe intoxication. The plant is used for the treatment of anorexia and other eating disorders, as well as in the absence of appetite, accompanied by serious illness.
Among the indications for the use of a lofant there are also disorders of the genitourinary system:
- violations of potency
- male and female sterility of hormonal nature.
Immunostimulating effect lofanta useful for eliminating colds, as well as to accelerate the recovery of the body after illness.
Is it safe to plant
Side effects from the use of lofant, imply dilation of blood vessels, followed by a decrease in pressure, bronchodilatory effect, as well as the laxative and diuretic effect inherent in the essential oil.
Contraindications to a lofant include children's age, pregnancy and lactation, as well as epilepsy - due to excessive dosages, spasms of smooth and striated muscles can occur.
Care should be taken to lofant people who have any manifestations of allergies to essential oils. If it is necessary to use herbs, it is better to do an allergy test — apply the drug to a sensitive area of the skin;
How to prepare medicines
For the treatment of lofant at home, you can use the following popular recipes.
Features The tool is popular for the treatment of respiratory tract: bronchitis, pneumonia, pulmonary catarrh, tuberculosis, asthma.
Preparation and use
- Brew lofant better in an enamel pot, for which 100 g of crushed grass is poured with a liter of boiling water.
- Put the mixture on a slow fire, boil for five minutes.
- After removal from the heat, 150 g of sugar is added to the product, mixed well.
- After cooling, the broth is filtered, take half a glass once a day.
Tincture on wine
Features The resulting infusion means well stimulates the appetite, digestion, treats inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. When used externally, tincture accelerates wound healing.
Preparation and use
- 100 g of crushed dried herbs of the plant is poured with a liter of white wine. It is advisable to use a dry variety.
- The mixture is placed in a dark cool place for three weeks, every day the container with tincture is shaken.
- After the specified period, the tool is filtered, taken orally by a teaspoon, three times a day, or used for compresses.
Features It is used internally for diseases of the digestive tract, is used externally for conjunctivitis, wounds, burns, rashes of herpes.
Preparation and use
- In a thermos placed 20 g of dried crushed herbs of a plant, pour a liter of boiling water.
- After infusion over 25 minutes, the medium is filtered through gauze.
- Accept inside on 100 ml to three times a day or use for washing of skin.
Features Apply inside for treatment of cold, cough, for strengthening of an organism the field of the postponed diseases.
Preparation and use
- In a liter of hot broth lofant add one and a half kilograms of sugar.
- Put on a slow fire and evaporate the product to obtain a syrup of moderate viscous consistency.
- Take a tablespoon, up to five times per day.
Other possibilities of northern ginseng
Long flowering lofanta, as well as its ability to release pollen in all weather conditions makes the plant a productive honey plant. Honey from the lofant has a light, specific aroma and beneficial properties inherent in the plant itself.
To obtain honey, you can create large thickets of lofanta - the plant perfectly adapts to various conditions, it suits any soil. On the estate thickets will look exotic, thanks to the bright flowering and interesting color of the leaves of the plant. The only harm a lofant noted by gardeners is his ability to form a semblance of lavender thickets that are difficult to bring out.
Lofanta essential oil is used to create perfumes and fragrances for hygienic and cosmetic products. Plant extracts are widely used to enrich hair cosmetics.
In cooking, lofant is added to:
- fish dishes,
- vegetable casseroles,
- vegetable salads,
- fruit salads,
The beneficial properties of the lofant are so multifaceted that this plant will not be definitely superfluous in any garden or summer cottage. Ease of cultivation, harvesting and harvesting, the possibility of applying for cosmetic, medicinal and culinary purposes, as well as the aesthetic appearance of the plant will make a lofant a welcome guest in every garden.
Description and characteristics of a Tibetan lofant
Tibetan lofant is grassy plant. Its height reaches one and a half meters, the stem is very thick, and the leaves are oval and jagged, no longer than ten centimeters long.
In another way, this herb is called Korean mint. It grows mainly in North Asia.
This plant blooms with spikelets with yellow flowers. It is from the flowers that make healing elixirs. Oil is also made from this plant. It is very simple to care for this plant, therefore it can often be met on flowerbeds as a decorative flower.
Tibetan Lofant: useful properties and contraindications
- This plant is an immune stimulant. It strengthens the weakened immunity,
- Removes heavy metals, slags, toxins,
- Relieves inflammation,
- Has a calming effect,
- Normalizes blood pressure
- Cleans the blood
- Increases potency
- Helps with diseases of the bladder and liver,
- Helps to get rid of dandruff
- Kills infection and bacteria.
- Copes with the first wrinkles,
- Treats foot fungus.
There are no contraindications for this medicinal plant, but it is not recommended to take it in the following cases:
- If a person has a tendency to thrombophlebitis.
- After transferred operations.
- With the appearance of malignant tumors.
- If the patient has low blood pressure.
- If there is an allergic reaction to this plant.
But if you do decide to take this drug, you should to consult with a doctor to protect yourself from the consequences.
Growing this useful plant is simple. Planted lofant seed early spring. Before sowing, seeds should be soaked in a solution of potassium permanganate. That is, you need to put the seeds in a cotton pad or cloth and put their water with added potassium permanganate. Thirty minutes later, the seeds must be pulled out.
Now you can go to landing. Since the plant is unpretentious, the place for planting it can be any, but the land must first be disinfected. Planting seeds in early March, after the snow melted to a depth of no more than one centimeter. After planting, the ground should be well watered with a watering can. Then you need to cover the landing site with a film.
After six days, the first shoots will appear. And in a month the leaves will grow on the plant.
But also the plant can be planted not by seeds, but seedlings. For this, seedlings must be grown in pots from seeds. After the onset of warm weather, seedlings should be landed in the prepared priming. The distance between the bushes should be at least sixty centimeters.
In order for the seedlings to settle down quickly, it must be watered with water with the addition of a boric acid drop.
You can get a harvest only in the second year. During the season you will receive two crops and new seeds for planting.
Tibetan Lofant Application
Let's figure out how to properly apply this medicinal plant.
Lofan decoction with honey.
Dry leaves and flowers of the plant pour boiling water. Broth must insist for forty minutes. Then it must be filtered. The decoction should be applied twice a day, one tablespoon with honey.
Это средство эффективно помогает при головных болях, нервозности, стенокардии, атеросклерозе и сниженном иммунитете.
Настой из лофанта.
Four tablespoons of dry plants should be filled with two cups of boiling water. Leave the infusion to cool. Then it must be applied and can be applied. The method of application is the following: one tablespoon before meals three times a day.
This infusion helps with diseases of the cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract.
Take a liter of vodka and fill it with fifty grams of dry lofant or two hundred grams of fresh leaves and stems of this plant. This remedy should be infused for twenty days. Do not forget to shake it from time to time.
Twenty days later, the tincture must be filtered. Take this tool should be twice a day, one teaspoon for thirty days. Then you need to take a break for a month and drink this tool again.
This tincture is great for depression and neurological diseases.
Take in equal proportions the flowers and leaves of the Tibetan lofant. Mix with one tablespoon of lemon mint and fill the mixture with a glass of boiling water. The remedy must be infused for two hours. It is necessary to take this remedy in the evening before bedtime in half a glass. The course of treatment is one month. Then you need to take a week break. This medicine helps with arrhythmias, nervous agitation and menopausal syndrome.
If you have lowered the protective functions of the body, that is, immunity is lowered, then try to prepare the next therapeutic tea. Take dry grass of Tibetan lofant, lemon balm, elecampane, moralia root, Eleutherococcus. Brew this mixture with boiling water, let it brew and can drink instead of tea.
Reviews on the use of lofanta as a drug
I used to have a tingling heart. The neighbor recommended drinking tea from a Tibetan lofant. I listened to her advice and began to drink healing tea from this herb. A month later, I stopped feeling tingling, although I was already seventy years old. The grass is really healing, I tried it on myself.
I had severe dandruff, and then I began to notice that my hair began to fall out. I tried many shampoos, but the effect was insignificant. Dandruff ceased, and after a while it began again.
On the Internet, I came across an article about a lofant. I decided to try it, but it will help. I made a decoction of this herb and started washing my head with it. I did not use shampoo. As a result, the loss and dandruff stopped, and the hair became thicker. Recommend!
I have skin problems. A friend advised to make a mask from a Tibetan or anise lofant. I decided to try. She took a moisturizer and added dry flowers of this herb. The resulting remedy in the evening applied to the face and held for twenty minutes. After that, I washed the mask only with a napkin, that is, I did not wash. After a while, the acne began to pass. Surprisingly, but a fact! Now I plant this wonderful plant in my garden. Already received the first harvest.
Useful properties and contraindications
Tibetan lofant, so called plant in Russia. In the botanical language, it is a multicolon fennel (Agastache foeniculum) belonging to the genus Multicore, the family of Lambskin.
Over a long period of study of the plant, the position in the Systematics of plants often changed. It was included in the genus Issop, Lofantov, Hiptisov, genus Chistets. Therefore, the plant has many different synonyms: hyssop, lofant, wedges aniseed, stahis fennel and even Korean mint (for external similarity with this plant).
Botanical description of the plant
Description of the plant. Multicolon is a type of grassy dwarf shrubs; it has a rather long life span. The height of the plant is able to reach one and a half meters in height. The stem is thick, erect and has four faces. Leaves are round or lanceolate, with a jagged, uneven edge of the plate.
The lofant during the flowering period forms two-lipped small flowers of yellow-white color, collected on the crown in the spike inflorescence, which produce a delicate, pleasant aroma.
The leaves and flowers of the subshrub are unusual in taste, thanks to the 17 oils that make up it. This is a mixture of mint, anise and basil, so it is used as a spicy plant for flavoring salads, meat and fish dishes, and it is used to brew flavored and healthy tea.
Spread. North Asia is the birthplace of a Tibetan lofant, its distribution area are the mountain peaks of Tibet and the Himalayas.
Species variety lofanta
It has long been cultivated, grown in Japan, East Asia, where it is very popular. In Russia, he calmly tolerates frosts down to minus 20 degrees, and therefore becomes popular. Loves sunny places with sandy, well-drained soils.
The genus of Multicore includes more than 25 different plant species. The most famous of them are:
- Tibetan, having white or yellow flowers,
- aniseed, with a flowering ear from lilac to blue,
- lofant berbers, with a beautiful orange inflorescence spike.
How to collect and harvest. It blooms from early summer to August, cut off the tops of the dwarf shrubs, together with the ears, leaves and stems.
To cut a thick stalk, a knife with a sharp blade is used, and the flowers and leaves are gently peeled off. It is best to collect in the heat, when the multicolon is more saturated with essential oils. One season of flowering plants brings several good yields.
After collecting the raw materials are laid out in a ventilated room or in the shade to dry. Store the raw material in glassware, under a tight lid and use if necessary. Shelf life of a dried plant to two years.
The composition of the flower includes a large number of substances that have a stimulating effect on many processes in the body. Many of them are necessary for human health. Therefore, regular use of funds with a lofant will have a positive effect on your body.
The plant contains: rutin, alkaloids, choline, astragalin, flavonoids, quercetin, tannins, kaempferol-glycoside, as well as chlorogenic, coffee, malic, citric and ascorbic acid. Agastachis essential oil is very valuable; it is rich in such useful substances as cyneol, anethole, borneol, camphene, terpinen, mimol, linalool, pinene, methyl chavicol.
Tibetan Lofant Application
You can use lofant for treatment with:
- insomnia, nervous diseases,
- reduced immunity
- infectious and viral diseases,
- skin diseases and skin integrity disorders (wounds, abrasions).
Water infusion of the aerial parts of the plant (stems, flowers, leaves) increases the tone of the body, is used for treatment.
Recipe for this: 2 tablespoons of the ground flowers and leaves pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, close and insist 3 hours in a warm place. Strain before taking. The intake rate is 0.5–1 glass 3 times a day. For cooking, you can use both dry and fresh material.
For the treatment of skin diseases and external use, increase the amount of lofant herb 2 times.. This infusion can rub sore spots with fungus, eczema, gargle with sore throat or sore throat. Also add this infusion to the bath or to rinse the hair.
Alcohol tincture is prepared in this way: 200 g of crushed fresh leaves and flowers pour 500 g of vodka. Cork a container and leave for 30 days in a dark place, sometimes shaking. Then strain - and the tincture is ready.
Take 3 times a day for 20-30 minutes before a meal: in the morning and in the evening - 10 drops to half a glass of water, in the afternoon - 20 drops. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Instead of fresh raw materials, you can take 50 g of dried leaves or flowers.
You can also make fragrant tea from the lofant. You just need to pour boiling water over the leaves and flowers and leave for 3-5 minutes. This drink is good with honey. He helps with problems with the stomach and digestive system, improves immunity, has a stimulating effect.
Bath infusion lofanta strengthen the immune system, stimulate, improve skin condition. Preparation is easy: 4–5 tablespoons of herbs, pour 2 cups of hot water and leave for 30–40 minutes. Then strain and add to the water while taking a bath.
The essential oil is obtained by distillation from the fresh parts of the lofant. This oil cleanses the skin, removes acne and other rashes, helps from neurosis and insomnia in babies, soothes and strengthens sleep in adults.
Contraindications and harm
Tibetan lofant, in addition to useful and healing properties, has its own contraindications. Be careful with using such drugs if you are intolerant of a lofant, as well as hypotension or thrombophlebitis. If in doubt, consult your healthcare professional before taking the drug.
Billet medicinal plants
Procurement of raw materials begin in the summer. As you can see, all above-ground parts of the lofant are used. Having found a suitable copy, carefully cut the necessary part of the plant with shears. After collecting the right amount, rinse and spread out or hang the grass in a warm, dry, well-ventilated area.
Store dried raw materials should be in a dark place in a glass container or canvas bags.
This Tibetan plant is the richest storehouse of useful properties. Grow a lofant in your garden and you will have an uninterrupted source of energy and strength.
Description of anise lofanta
Lofant anise plant is considered very similar to such plants:
Its medicinal properties actively affect pathogens, viruses, fungal diseases. During the flowering of this plant spreads a very rich aroma of such a plant as anise. This smell is due to the fact that in the trunk of the plant is a high concentration of essential oil.
This perennial plant is ranked as a family of Gubotsvetnyh. You can describe an anise lofant like this. Perennial grass shrubs. The stems of the plant have four facets. The height of the plant can reach a height of 150 cm. The leaves of the plant of a rather interesting shape, resembling a heart, have several pointed edges. The number of stems in one bush can reach 4-5 pieces. They branch out and more than two inflorescences can form on one stem.
The inflorescences of an anise lofanta have a color that resembles the reflections of sapphire. Grow itself inflorescence can grow to 18 centimeters. After the plant matures, it begins to grow and the stems grow and grow in number. The inflorescence consists of a very large number of small flowers. They have a color of purple. The grass lofant begins its flowering from the very beginning of summer, pay attention to the fact that if you stop the inflorescences during flowering, the kut will grow much thicker. This is directly related to the fact that new branches will grow on the ground of the cut, which will branch out.
If you prolong the flowering of lofantan anise in this way, the bees will remain grateful to you for a very long time, the plant will bloom until late autumn. Over time, gardeners recommend replanting shrubs to a new growth site at least once every 6-7 years.
Rules of care and cultivation
Before we talk about the proper care of the plant, we note the fact that more and more gardeners and flower growers are engaged in growing it in their own plots. Growing this grass is easy, but still worth knowing a few secrets.
The main thing is to make sure that the soil appeals to the plant. Any soil is perfect for him, but this is not the case:
The soil should be very light, good to loosen, and, of course, it is best if it is saturated with nutrients. Tibetan anise grass tolerates a lack of moisture, but it is recommended not to overdry the soil. The more abundant and more often you water the plants and add nutrients to the soil for top dressing, the more luxurious your shrub will look.
This useful plant is very fond of sunny color. Do not forget to also weed the soil around the plant and, of course, loosen the soil. In winter, this plant can safely tolerate small frosts. Still, we recommend that in those regions where winter without snow prevails, additionally cover hibernating plants.
It is worth noting that this plant multiplies quite easily by planting seeds. And even in the first year of life, seedlings begin to bloom profusely. But what is important to bloom first year begin in late August. This is a little later than all the other plants bloom.
Breeding anise grass
In order to propagate this perennial plant, you can resort to two methods:
In order to propagate the plant in this way, it is necessary to transfer the dug plant into plots when transplanting. Pay attention to the fact that each separated sapling must have a small root, and at least one bud for recovery.
Medicinal Tibetan anise grass is very easy to propagate. using seeds. To do this, take the seeds and plant them in a moist soil. It is best to perform such a procedure in March, but in our strip most often the soil thaws completely only in April and early May, so you can do this as soon as the snow melts.
The soil for planting this useful plant needs to be prepared in the late autumn. Therefore, determine in advance where you will plant it, choose a sunny and open place.
The place where you will land, you need dig up. HaveIt costs about 30 centimeters to go deeper; additional mineral substances should also be added to the soil.
After the soil thaws, you need to plant the seeds. To grow gardeners recommend seeds of about 25-30 millimeters. Inter-row space should be made no closer than 65 cm to each other. It will be possible to observe the spitting of the first germs of the useful grass after about 14 days. Be patient, the grass will grow quite slowly in the first year of life. Then it will develop faster.
Pay special attention to the fact that during this period of life and development of a seedling you need to pay as much attention as possible. Regularly loosen and moisten the soil where the seeds are planted. Look at the density of the sprung seedlings, and if you think that there are too many of them, then start thinning as soon as they get a little stronger.
In folk medicine, Tibetan lofant is often used., its useful properties and its contraindications will be described in our article. All the healing properties of this plant are directly related to the high content of essential oils in its stems and leaves. Essential oils, as everyone has long known, have a calming effect on the human body and its nervous system. And also improves the cardiovascular system. And also in the composition of the stems and leaves of the plant are:
- Organic acids.
- Coffee shop.
- Biologically active substances.
- High content of various vitamins.
Traditional medicine makes infusions and decoctions with this medicinal plant, they possess such properties as:
Most often, decoctions and infusions are used to treat and prevent such diseases:
- Violations at work of cardio-vascular system. You can perfectly approach the decoction of this useful plant. Due to its properties, it can remove unnecessary cholesterol from the circulatory system. Strengthen the internal muscles of the cardiovascular system. Normalize the heart and bring the pressure to normal. Such decoctions treat the manifestations of angina, hypertensive hypertension, and atherosclerosis.
- Provides lofant anisic healing properties of their own and with headachesexacerbations of migraines. Excitement of the nervous system, normalization of sleep is also very well treated by the use of decoction or tincture. This effect is achieved due to the analgesic properties of essential oils.
- It also removes a lot of unnecessary and harmful substances from the body. Thanks to this happening strengthening the walls of blood vessels and return them elasticity.
- On the gastrointestinal tract also has a healing effect. Tinctures and decoctions reduce pain in the body. Tighten ulcerative manifestations in the stomach of the patient, reduce the likelihood of exacerbation of gastritis. And also very well contribute to the restoration of the liver.
- Strengthen the immune system. The body is less fatigued.
All these lmedicinal propertiesdescribed above, Tibetan anise grass performs precisely because high content of various active substances. Which, getting into the patient's body, begin to become more active and fulfill their intended purpose, that is, to heal a person.
Preparation of useful broths and tinctures
In order to prepare a decoction of this plant, you will need to take:
- 1 tbsp. l dried and chopped herbs,
- 125 milliliters of boiling water.
Make a homemade water bath. It boil broth, bring boiling water to a boil and hold about 10-15 more minutes. Removed from the water bath, put in a cool place to cool off. After complete cooling, you can use the tincture as a drug up to five times a day, 10 grams. continue reception for about 12–14 days. Обратите внимание на то, что выпаривать и кипятить отвар нужно в эмалированной ёмкости.
Для изготовления полезной лечебной настойкина спирту вам потребуется взять:
- 25 грамм сухой, измельчённой травы,
- 250 грамм водки.
Take a glass container and fill the grass with an alcohol solution. Clean in some closet where it will be dark and not wet. Sustain tincture 25-30 days. Do not forget to shake herbal infusion daily. The course of taking such a drug should not exceed one calendar month, after you need to take a break. At one time you need to drink no more than 25 drops, and this should be done only 4 times during the day. For convenience, the tincture in a measuring cup can be diluted with water. After you take a break a month, you can repeat treatment.
Like any useful herb, this plant has a number of properties that can worsen your vital signs. There are a number of contraindications that may arise and give a complication to other organs of the body. Therefore, before you start taking these tinctures, read the list of contraindications:
- Children's age up to 12 years.
- Women in position.
- Nursing mothers.
- Patients suffering from hypertensive seizures.
- Diseases of the circulatory system that can provoke thrombosis and thromblephitis.
- Epileptic seizures.
- Diseases of the body, in which there are muscle spasms.
- Oncological diseases.
Always before you start taking this medical fee you need to get advice from a medical institution.
Useful properties of a Tibetan lofant
The main therapeutic property of the plant is the protection and strengthening of immunity, it is not by chance that it is compared with ginseng. But it is worth highlighting another impact on human health:
- Cleans the body. The constant use of drugs with a lofant leads to the elimination of toxins and slags, salt formations and heavy metals. Well cleaned blood, intestines and liver.
- Return to the body after serious illness. Medicines from the plant restore the nerve impulses of the body, strengthen it and return to strength after such serious diseases as a heart attack or stroke.
- Stabilizes pressure. Effective with the IRR and elevated pressure, has the ability to lower blood cholesterol and strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects. Essential oils and acids contained in the plant help to reduce inflammation in the stomach, kidneys, urinary system. The drugs have a positive effect both in case of SARS and respiratory diseases.
- Improves skin condition. The use of compresses leads to cleansing of the skin, which makes them effective in diseases such as dermatitis and mycosis.
- Returns vitality and youthfulness to the body.
- Improves potency. Sprouts of young grass, with long-term use, help to return the male force, even in old age, and relieve prostatitis.
- Strengthens hair, smoothes wrinkles and stops the development of age-related changes on the skin.
Use in traditional medicine
Traditional medicine is widely used drugs and drugs lofanta, as a folk medicine that helps to cure and to prevent:
- tumors (for the purpose of prevention, but not treatment),
- angina pectoris and hypertension,
- heart attack and stroke
- airway inflammation,
- vegetative-vascular dystonia,
- renal diseases,
- liver diseases
- increase appetite and normalize digestion,
- gastritis and gastroduodenitis,
- low hemoglobin and atherosclerosis,
- prostatitis and impotence,
- fungal skin diseases
- improvement of the gastrointestinal tract (elimination of symptoms of bloating, nausea, vomiting),
- as a means of strengthening the body's defenses.
The medicinal properties of the lofant are used with the support of:
- Weak immunity,
- Delayed blood renewal,
- Malfunction of the reproductive system,
- Infectious diseases,
- Healing wounds and skin diseases
Is it possible to grow in the middle lane
Cold winters with severe frosts without snow, inherent in the middle belt, have a very detrimental effect on the grass and under such conditions it usually freezes. Still, the semi-shrub can withstand temperatures up to 20 degrees in the minus.
In cold places, planting seeds to produce on the bed or flower bed, which is suspended and does not touch the ground. Before wintering, the plant should be cut and wrapped to protect it from exposure to freezing temperatures.
Tibetan lofant useful properties and contraindications, which were discussed in this article, is a source of strength and energy for the human body. Its application will help to maintain health, as well as to preserve beauty and youth as long as possible.
This is a perennial herb that grows to a height of more than a meter. He is a representative of the family of Cluster (Gubocolaceous), because his inflorescences are presented in the form of spikelets.
- An anise lofanta has tetrahedral shoots and oval leaflets, leaf length is up to 10 cm, and width is up to 4 cm, and serrations are located at the edges.
- The plant has blue, orange or white flowers, depending on the species.
- Its fruit is a dark brown oblong nut.
Lofant has more than 25 varieties, but the most popular and demanded for medical purposes and in everyday life are:
- anise lofant with bluish or lilac buds,
- Tibetan lofant with white buds
- Barber's lofant has bright orange inflorescences.
Where is growing?
Tibetan lofant grows in some regions of India, China, the Himalayas, Tibet, as well as in Siberia and in the east of Russia. The homeland of this plant is Asia Minor, namely savanna and semi-desert. Also in the wild this plant can be found in the US and Canada. There are small plantations in the Crimea and Moldova.
A method of making spices
- Cut fresh greens during the growing season,
- Plants are bundled and dried under a canopy.
- Store lofant in cans, paper bags or linen bags.
Spice made from aniseed lofant is very popular, because it gives dishes special piquancy and opens up new taste sensations. It can be used for fish, meat or vegetable snacks, as well as it is added to sweet pastries.
A lofant jam has just amazing taste.
- the plant has a very strong aroma that resembles the smell of mint,
- light and drought resistant
- grows on light soils
- can grow in the same place up to 5 years
- young shoots of plants appear in March
- buds begin to appear at the end of May,
- begins to bloom in early July.
- the plant produces aromatic jam,
- for sweet pastry baking,
- cooked compotes
- for the preservation and salting of vegetables,
- used for homemade liqueurs and wines,
- in the form of seasoning,
- as side dishes for vegetable, meat or fish dishes.
Lofant is used as a seasoning for vegetable or fruit salads, as well as for various meat dishes, because it has a universal character.
When cooking compotes, fruit drinks or jam, a lofant is often added to reveal the taste of the berries.
- produces a sedative effect
- has a calming effect
- relieves severe headaches
- with atherosclerosis and hypertension,
- normalizes pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol
- with vascular dystonia,
- helps fight gastritis,
- liver problems,
- with colds,
- slows the aging of the body
- when used externally, it has a beneficial effect on the skin, and also helps speed the healing of burns or wounds,
- increases lactation in nursing mothers.
Herbs of lofanta are widely used:
- in diseases of the pancreas,
- with problems with the gastrointestinal tract,
- in diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract,
- after a stroke or heart attack,
- with bronchial asthma and bronchitis.
The stem, inflorescence and foliage of the plant is used in the manufacture of medicines. To increase the male potency leaves must be consumed fresh.
- dry lofant color (50 grams) or fresh (200 grams),
- half a liter of forty-degree vodka.
It is necessary to fill the grass with vodka and let it brew in a dark place for about three weeks; shake every day.
When the tincture is ready, you need to strain through a strainer and take orally twice a day, one teaspoon for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is one month, then you should wait a week and again begin the course of treatment.
This tincture has a beneficial effect on the body:
- lowers blood pressure
- strengthens the immune system
- beneficial effect on the work of the heart,
- eliminates trembling of the limbs.
You can use tea from the lofant to strengthen the body, this drink will be especially useful for people after a heart attack. You should take one tablespoon of herbs per cup of boiling water, leave for half an hour and you can drink it with honey. This tea should be consumed three times a day to obtain the desired result.
- used for decorative purposes, because the plant has a beautiful appearance,
- The plant is an excellent honey plant, because it is very popular among bees,
- is indispensable in cosmetology, it is added to creams, face masks and hair.
- Astrakhan 100,
- Summer resident,
Premier and Frant have lilac flowers, and the rest varieties have white buds.
Types and distribution
The scientific name of any kind of lofantha is multicolon. It belongs to the genus of the same name, which, in turn, belongs to the family of yasnotkovyh.
Near apiaries grow only two types:
- Tibetan or wrinkled polygrate, often called Korean mint. The habitat of this plant is East Asia. That it is able to take root and grow well in a Russian climate.
- Aniseed or fennel polygrate (in Russia, better known as anise lofant). The birthplace of this honey plant is North America. Here he gives a strong bribe of pollen and nectar, but in the Russian regions it shows itself mediocre. Moreover, it freezes to 2-3, and sometimes in the first year of cultivation, as it tolerates winter temperatures only up to -8, -10 degrees.
Description and difference of varieties
Tibetan variety is a perennial semi-grassy shrub, reaching a height of 1-1.2 meters. The plant has tetrahedral stems, oval leaves with jagged edges. Small white flowers are collected in 20-centimeter spikelets, crowning the tops of the stems and lateral branches.
The smell of inflorescences is soft, aniseed - hence the confusion with another kind of multicolar!
This plant is traditionally used in India, Nepal, China for the medical grade of honey.
American (anise or fennel) in their homeland they call Mexican mint, a nettle-necked polygrid. It is also a perennial with erect stems ribbed forms. Such stems, despite the impressive height of up to 1.5 meters, soft to the touch - easily broken when pressed. The leaves are elongated, lance-shaped, serrated along the perimeter.
In their homeland lofant anis honey plant, bringing good yields of marketable honey. In North America, a specific variety with a bright anise aroma is obtained from it - for this purpose, the plant is planted on large areas near apiaries.
It blooms purple or dark pink small flowers, collected in spikelets. Inflorescences bloom for a long period from May-June to September, depending on the climatic characteristics of the region.
In European countries with a suitable mild climate, the variety is grown in gardens as an ornamental and spicy plant. In particular, the leaves with a strong smell of anise, are used to flavor dishes from meat, fish, salads. And from dried raw materials, including stems and flowers, they prepare medicinal and refreshing teas.
How to distinguish
The main differences of varieties:
- the difference in color of the spikelets is white in the Tibetan variety, purple in the American (anise or fennel),
- the difference in the structure of the leaves is lanceolate, slightly elongated, in the American, almost oval in the Tibetan variety,
- the difference in height — the American variety is taller — up to 1.5 meters.
However, sometimes it is extremely difficult to distinguish a variety by sight because of the work of breeders. In this case, only an experienced biologist familiar with the plant can make the correct conclusion.
Both varieties multiply by seeds, which are formed on an adult plant from the second year of life. 8-10 seeds ripen in each spikelet.
Sow them in the spring, taking into account the dimensions of the future dwarf shrub - each stem in diameter, together with branches, can take up to 50 centimeters. The recommended row spacing is 60-70 cm, the distance between plants in the row is not less than 40 cm, the depth of seed placement is 2-2.5 cm.
Sowing is done only in wet ground!
Reproduction of seedlings is considered more reliable and productive - in fact flowering will begin from the first year. Seeds are sown in early spring in boxes or in open ground under the film. Well watered. The pre-seed can be soaked in a solution of potassium permanganate, dried and cooled for a day using the shelf of the refrigerator.
Shoots appear after 5-6 days. Water them with the addition of a drop of boric acid solution per liter of water to combat the “black leg”.
In the soil, seedlings from boxes are transferred simultaneously with the planting of tomatoes or a week before them. Aisle 60-70 cm, the distance in rows - 25-30 cm.
In the first year, the plants are watered regularly, loosening the soil, removing weeds. In the autumn, the tops with spikelets are cut (12-15 cm from the ground), and the bushes are spudding towards winter. The resulting green mass is dried under a canopy. It is used for baths or inhalations for colds, conservation, culinary purposes.
From about the third year of life, plantations do not require such thorough care. They themselves push out all the weeds from the occupied area, and fully adapt to the new place. But the tops of them continue to cut off in the fall for the production of medicinal raw materials and seeds.
Important: the anisic variety (the one that comes from America), including the English selection, at the latitude of Moscow freezes out completely for 2-3 years. The zones recommended for cultivation are the southern strip (to the south of 45 degrees), the south of Ukraine.
The Tibetan variety, like the American one, blooms from the second year of life, with normal seed reproduction. The pleasant smell of blooming inflorescences well attracts bees and other pollinating insects like bumblebees and dragonflies.
To the note: Any multi-grate does not tolerate swampy soil! In conditions of high humidity plants die.
In the conditions of Russia Tibetan bloom It begins in mid-July and continues until the beginning of autumn.
From the second year of life and the beginning of friendly flowering, one hectare of plantations yields from 350 to 400 kg of marketable honey.
The plant tolerates harsh winters and summer droughts. The productivity of nectar and pollen is practically independent of weather conditions.
In the conditions of the domestic climate, this sort of honey can be mixed with the nectar of other plants - it turns out monoflerny honey that has a grassy aroma with a light note of anise.
Under the climatic conditions of the USA, the anisic appearance of a multicolar has a honey productivity of 300 to 500 kg per hectare. This is a light commercial grade with a pronounced aniseed aroma.