Among the bright wildflowers and high grass of the meadows, a snow-white flower with a heady aroma is clearly distinguished. This is a meadowsweet or Ivanov color, meadowsweet, and in France the plant is called "the queen of the meadows." This amazing flower always dominates among the inconspicuous field buds, attracting views with its regal look and conquering with an unforgettable smell. In the old days, wedding bouquets and festive tables decorated the dazzling buds of the meadowsweet, and the beneficial properties of meadowsweet were discovered in the 19th century.
Interesting articles on the topic:
Meadowsweet (labaznik) is considered an ancient valuable medicinal plant that copes with external inflammation and has an extensive healing effect on the internal organs.
Perennial can grow quite large - up to 1.5 m, and white-covered thickets resemble sea foam. You can find meadows on wet areas along the river, in damp forest areas and on marshy meadows.
The stem of the meadowsweet is strong, ribbed and branching only at the top. They are covered with dark green toothed leaves, overgrown with white fuzz (white-tomentose). They are similar in shape to the leaves of elm, and the meadowsweet has earned its specific name - leaved or, in Latin, ulmaria.
Spawning ground is widespread in the European part of Russia, in Ciscaucasia, Eastern and Western Siberia, as well as in central Europe and in the northern part of Central Asia.
It blooms in June – August, and in July the first fruits appear - spirally twisted, hardening as they mature leaflets, which are easily carried by wind or water. The flowering time of meadowsweet should not be missed, since it is from him that the period of gathering medical raw materials begins.
The composition of meadowsweet
Tavolozhka, Tavolzhnik, marshmallow, Ivanovs color - this was the name of the meadowsweet in Russia, where strong whipworms were made of it (labazinas), medicinal infusions were prepared, and aromatic honey-flavored tea was made.
In England, this plant is also honored - from the far 14th century, such eminent herbalists and biologists as John Gerard, Nicolas Culpeper, and Philip Miller wrote about it. What is so special about this perennial among others, often much more spectacular in appearance of plants?
Effects of Vitamin C:
- participates in the biosynthesis of corticosteroid hormones, which are responsible for adaptive
- body reactions,
- boosts immunity
- eliminates inflammation
- stabilizing effect on connective tissue
- improves psycho-emotional state, since it affects the formation of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin and endorphins.
Action of salicylic acid:
- normalizes capillary permeability, thereby preventing tissue swelling,
- participates in the formation of inflammatory mediators,
- suspends the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, which play an important role in the development
- inflammation, as well as pain, which reduces inflammation.
These substances neutralize free radicals, thereby preventing the development of cancer diseases. In addition, catechins resist the effects of bacteria and prevent the destruction of cells, thereby significantly slowing the aging process.
Action of essential oils:
- normalize the functioning of the cardiovascular system,
- soften cough,
- increase the separation of mucus from the bronchi,
- improve the digestive tract.
The action of fatty acids:
- participate in the process of energy formation
- participate in building membranes that make up the skeleton of cells,
- normalize metabolism, being components of various lipids.
It is used as an enveloping agent in the treatment of inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases. In addition, starch belongs to the class of digestible carbohydrates, which, transforming into glucose, quickly saturate the body with energy.
It has antibacterial and astringent properties, and therefore is used in the treatment of difficult healing wounds and various skin diseases.
Roots and rhizomes of Labaznika
In the form of a decoction, the beneficial properties of rootstocks are used to treat ulcers, heal wounds, stop bleeding, arterial hypertension, inflammatory diseases of the kidneys, diseases of the respiratory system, epilepsy and gout. Roots of meadowsweet help calm nerves, relieve cramps and pain.
The roots along with the inflorescences are used for diseases of the nervous system, to get rid of internal spasms, as a means against worms.
The beneficial properties of flowers are in providing relief, in the role of a diuretic and astringent in diarrhea, in stopping the bleeding and in relieving pain in the stomach, chest and intestines.
Additionally, meadowsweet is used to eliminate headaches, improve bronchial ventilation, hysterical convulsions and in heart diseases.
Stagnation is made in the form of tea for the treatment of cold (rhinitis), relieve fatigue and normalize night sleep. The grass is prepared in the form of a wound healing powder, including the elimination of burns and diaper rash on the legs.
What benefits brings the body tavolga
In folk medicine, because of the vast scope of use and the healing properties of the plant is called "a means of 40 diseases." The indications for the use of decoctions and preparations with gavolga serve:
- skin diseases
- kidney and bladder disease,
- stomach diseases (gastritis, catarrh of the stomach) and intestines (ulcer, dysbacteriosis),
- heart disease and heart failure
- gout, rheumatism (pain relief),
- gynecological problems (stop uterine bleeding),
- problems with vessels (useful properties of meadowsweet include dilution ability, so it can be used in the case of thrombophlebitis, after a stroke, with increased blood clotting, in the case of thrombosis),
- viral and catarrhal diseases, including influenza and herpes, skin wounds (antibacterial properties and antiviral effects),
- solution of cosmetic problems (skin color, to enhance hair growth).
Additionally, useful properties of labyrone in the treatment of traumatic brain injuries, with the aim of improving the mental abilities of the brain due to aging of the body, with cancer, in the fight against edema.
Medicinal properties and contraindications of Labaznika
The plant is widely used in the treatment of colds, SARS and flu
The healing properties and contraindications of the Labaznika are determined by the nutrients present in the chemical composition of the herb. So, due to the high content of salicylic acid, the grass is used for the preparation of antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs. The infusion of flowers of the Labaznika will effectively cope with the high temperature caused by the activity of viruses and bacteria. The leaves of Labaznika contain a lot of ascorbic acid, which has a stabilizing and immunomodulatory effect on the body. That is why the drink of meadowsweet is an ideal remedy for the treatment of influenza or ARVI.
At the peak of the disease, as you know, you need to drink plenty of fluids so that toxins “leave” the body. As an abundant drink, which is surely recommended by an experienced therapist, you can use therapeutic tea: 2 tsp. herbs pour a glass of boiling water, insist about 10 minutes, after filtering drink warm sips immediately or gradually (during the day). The best result can be obtained if you drink a decoction at night to sweat “as it should”, then the next day you will feel much better.
If at the first symptoms of acute respiratory viral infections drink alcohol tincture labaznika, then recovery will come within a day. To prepare the solution, it is necessary to take 250 ml of liquid (50% water and 50% vodka) and pour 30 g of dry raw material. To enhance the anti-inflammatory effect, it is recommended to add 5 g of calendula flowers. The mixture must be poured into a bottle with a tight screw cap, carefully seal and place the container in a bowl with hot (just boiling) water. Take the first 7 days of the disease for 3 tsp. before meals three times a day, the next week - 2 tsp. Use tincture and need for the treatment of herpes (on the lips) and shingles.
Such a drink will cope well with influenza viruses: pour half a glass of dried strawberry with a glass of cooled boiled water, leave for about 12 hours (night), and pour 50 ml of calendula spirit tincture in the morning (prepared by yourself, as the pharmacy will not work). Let the mixture stand for another couple of hours and strain gently using several layers of gauze. For prophylaxis during an epidemic, one should take up to 3-4 times a day for ½ tsp, for the purpose of treatment - for 1 tsp. three times a day. The drug gives a 100% result, if you have time on time, when the virus has not yet “entrenched” in the body. If the infusion begins to take for 2-3 days of the disease, then the tool will help to recover easily and will not allow complications to develop.
Herpes on the lip
By the way, the tincture of meadowsweet will prevent herpes rash on the lips, if at the first symptoms (itching, redness) to take the medicine.
Apply black leaf to eliminate a variety of dysfunctions in the body. The plant is widely used in folk medicine as a diaphoretic, immunostimulating, nootropic, sedative, hepatoprotective, antioxidant.
Meadowsweet has a tonic, antiseptic, analgesic, anticarcinogenic, diuretic, wound-healing effect on the body. In case of burns, eczema, trophic ulcers, bedsores, external treatment of the wound using a meadow ground remedy contributes to the rapid epithelialization of the injury site.
Diseases of the oral mucosa
A high amount of tannins allows the use of blood oil as an anti-inflammatory and astringent in the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity (sore throat, stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontal disease).
For the preparation of decoction for lotions and rinses need 2 tsp. raw materials pour boiling water and strain.
To maintain the nervous system and normalize sleep, it is recommended to take tavolga infusion. For this you need 1 tsp. brew herbs with a glass of boiling water and soak for 20-25 minutes in a water bath. After straining and cooling, take 2 tbsp. l three times a day before meals. The drug effectively copes with neurosis, insomnia, depression, epilepsy and other nervous disorders.
Meadowsweet excellent dilutes blood, so it is used to normalize pressure in hypertension, restore cerebral circulation, prevent thrombophlebitis and prevent atherosclerosis.
The plant is also used in the complex treatment of articular diseases, such as arthritis, arthrosis, polyarthritis, osteoporosis, while the therapeutic infusion not only minimizes inflammation, but also relieves pain. Tannins that are part of the flowers of meadowsweet, have an astringent effect, so the herb is used for diarrhea, dysentery, gastritis, gastric ulcer.
For the treatment of polyps in the stomach and intestines the following recipe is recommended: 1 tbsp. l herb ½ liter of water, boil for several minutes, insist for 2 hours, drink 1/3 cup 3-5 times a day.
When pyelonephritis, cystitis, gout, hypertension, rheumatism, infusion of meadowsweet is useful to drink to obtain a diuretic effect. The impact of the plant is very mild, enhanced secretion of fluid does not lead to the "washing out" of the body of useful trace elements and vitamins, which usually occurs when using synthetic drugs. Infusion leads to the fact that the edema (and, consequently, inflammation) "go away" gradually, without forcing all systems and organs to work in intense mode.
According to the recipe you need 2 tsp. herbs pour a glass of boiling water, stand for about 4 hours and take 50-70 ml 4 times a day. Shepherd perfectly copes with the edema resulting from the disruption of the heart muscle. Prescription 1 tsp. steam a cup of boiling water, insist at least an hour, drink half a glass 2-3 times a day.
Possessing anticarcinogenic properties, bloodweed is able to reduce the size and number of tumors (both benign and malignant). The plant is effective for treating cancers of the breast, intestines, and brain. To combat cancer of different localization, 1 tbsp is recommended. l pounded to a powdery state of the roots of meadowsweet, pour a glass of boiling water and maintain the infusion in a water bath for half an hour. After 10 minutes, strain and take after cooling, take 50 ml 4 times a day.
What is the therapeutic form used
From fresh or dried meadowsweet (roots, leaves, inflorescences) create infusions and decoctions and make ointments. A long period of use implies mandatory five-day interruptions in admission (for every ten days of the course).
Means on the basis of meadowsweet stimulate cerebral circulation, improve memory and attention, increase efficiency. A cup of flavored drink in the morning helps to wake up and cheer up. And given that the plant improves immunity, removes toxins, reduces cholesterol, improves mood and its use in traditional medicine has a wide pharmacological spectrum, the infusion of bloodweed can be considered a health drink.
Consider a few well-known recipes based on meadowsweet.
Recipe infused from the Labaznika.
200 ml of boiling water is taken one teaspoon of dried ground shreds.
The infusion is placed in a tightly closed vessel and brewed for an hour. After which traditionally the infusion of the Labaznika is filtered. In one day, the cooked portion should be consumed in 4-5 receptions.
Labaznika tinctures are useful for:
- treatment of non-healing wounds and trophic ulcers (tavolga accelerates the process of epithelization),
- reduction of gastric ulcers and erosion,
- regulation of the hormonal sphere (thyroid gland) and in women's diseases (endometriosis, inflammation, thrush).
Meatball Broth Recipe
For one glass of water (boiling water) one tablespoon of springweed is taken (dried, finely ground roots). The broth is prepared by ordinary cooking in dishes (enamelled) for 5-7 minutes.
Instead of boiling, you can make a decoction in a water bath. Then the cooking time of decoction of meadowsweet will be 15-20 minutes.
The Meadowsweet is allowed to stand for another 40 minutes and can be filtered. Pastard of meadowsweet per day take small portions (one tablespoon at a time) 3-4 times.
Broths are taken orally to improve the condition and treatment:
- oncological manifestations,
- bowel disorders
- kidney diseases
- gout and rheumatism.
Tea from meadowsweet for the skin.
Labaznika flowers useful to brew and take in the form of morning tea in order to improve the complexion. Tea also helps treat bladder, stomach pain, rheumatism and gout.
Shelf brewed in tea for no more than five minutes (tea should have a green color). If the tea turns brown, then you should not drink it (too strong decoction).
Broths to improve skin condition.
Meadowsweet has properties to fight acne and enlarged pores and return skin smoothness.
- If you suffer from acne rash, then for infusion take flowers of meadowsweet (about one tablespoon) and pour boiling water (serving in one glass). After an hour of infusion, the infusion of meadowsweet is filtered and alcohol is added thereto (not more than one tablespoon). This infusion face rubbed twice a day.
- The skin will be smooth if the broth is ready to mix (two tablespoons will suffice) with honey and carrot juice (just a teaspoon). Used in the form of a mask that is applied multi-layer, and then washed off.
- In the fight against oily skin and enlarged pores, meadowsweet is used as a decoction, which is mixed with very finely ground oatmeal flakes and lemon juice. 4 tablespoons of broth of groundhead will have 1 teaspoon of juice. The mask is done for 15 minutes in the evening and washed off with water.
Meadowsweet in the form of decoction still exhibits the beneficial properties of an antiseptic that copes with the washing of wounds and ulcers and the treatment of skin diseases. Labaznika broth also contributes to healthy hair in case of hair loss.
How to make butterhead at home
It is easy to cook the buttermilk oil, for this you need several ingredients:
- 10 g of dried flowers of meadowsweet,
- 20 g of vaseline (available at the pharmacy),
- 10 g of lanolin.
All components must be thoroughly mixed, bringing the mass to a homogeneous (without large particles) consistency. Use for wounds, burns, eczema, allergic rashes. The procedure is repeated up to 3-4 times a day.
Alopecia (alopecia) can cause hormonal disruption caused by dysfunction of the thyroid gland. Предупредить выпадение волос поможет рецепт на основе масла лабазника:
соединить по 1 ст. л. powder, melissa, calendula, pour olive oil and stand in a tightly closed container for 7 days. The tool also effectively helps with seborrhea, dermatitis, acne. Both the benefits and harm of the meadowsweet oil are based on the fact that it has anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, wound-healing properties.
Labaznika oil is low toxic, but some people may develop an individual intolerance. It is necessary to experiment carefully, after carrying out skin tests (put a drop of oil on the wrist and see the reaction).
Contraindications to use
Like all remedies in traditional medicine, bloodweave has its own contraindications:
- allergic reaction to aspirin,
- age up to 16 years
- addiction to constipation.
If tinnitus or bleeding occurs, the plant should also be stopped.
Useful and tasty
It is pleasant to drink a cup of aromatic tea, knowing that the drink will not only quench your thirst, but also give you new strength. In the usual tea, add the broth of the Labaznika and season it with a little honey - the drink is ready.
In winter, the compote of dried fruit with the addition of meadowsweet will remind you of sunny summer, giving you a taste of pleasure and helping to strengthen the immune system.
The beneficial properties of meadowsweet, the contraindications to the use of which are practically absent, are widely used in both traditional and traditional medicine for the treatment of a huge number of diseases.
Meadows - useful properties
In addition, the following beneficial substances were found in various parts of the plant:
- Flavonoids- strengthens the walls of blood vessels, coping with the swelling and allergy symptoms. They also slow down the aging process and normalize metabolism.
- Tannins- effectively destroying bacteria. This makes the use of plant parts relevant for stomach ailments, sore throat, diarrhea.
- Glycosides- aggressive against pathogenic microorganisms. These substances, in their composition similar to hormones, remove stagnant fluid from the organs and activate the heart muscle.
What diseases are used for tavolga?
Meadowsweet grass used for a variety of diseases. In the healing recipes there are recommendations for the use of both fresh and dried parts of the plant.
Meadowsweet are part of the treatment of the following ailments:
- Polyarthritis, arthritis, bursitis, arthrosis. For anesthesia problem areas and relieve inflammation.
- Hemorrhoids, hypertension, thrombosis, arrhythmia, thrombophlebitis. As an effective diuretic.
- Gastritis, intestinal, duodenal and / or stomach ulcers, dysentery. As a binder.
- Herpes, psoriasis, shingles. To create the thinnest protective film on the affected part of the skin.
- Pneumonia, sore throat, bronchitis, ARVI, flu. As a natural antipyretic and diaphoretic drug.
- Gout. To relieve painful attacks.
Infusions and decoctions of Labaznika are used to stop internal bleeding, as a means against worms, for constipation. They will be relevant for maintaining women's health. For example, they will relieve a girl from pain during menstruation, remove the unpleasant symptoms of thrush and various inflammations. Regulate female hormones.
In case of oncological diseases, tincture of leaflets of meadowsweet is used as a natural blood thinner. Interestingly, it also accelerates the patient’s hair growth after chemotherapy.
What are the healing properties of different parts of the plant?
When using different parts of the plant, you need to take into account the special healing properties of each of them. You can use them separately and in combination. For example, the roots and leaves in one infusion. This method of application enhances the medicinal properties of meadowsweet.
Roots and rootstocks
The rhizomes of the plant under discussion contain tannins. They allow perennials to stop bleeding, speed up the process of blood clotting in the event of vascular damage, relieve pain and lower body temperature.
Roots are used to treat disorders of the nervous system, excreted parasites.
Even the color and inflorescences can be used for different purposes. Sweatshops and diuretics are prepared from inflorescences. They help in the fight against parasites. Flowers reduce headache, allow to cope with diarrhea.
Fresh flowers of meadowsweet are used even in cooking. For example, as part of dressing fruit salads - in the form of a sweet syrup. And also - for making tea, making alcoholic beverages.
In the grass of the specified plants a lot of ascorbic acid. As you know, it is famous for its antioxidant and stabilizing properties. Helps grass to improve the immunity of children and adults.
Strong tea from these parts of the plant speeds up the process of cure of the cold, improves night sleep, helps to cope with fatigue. Powder of them used to combat diaper rash.
Humanity has long been known for the healing properties of grass. Due to its rich composition, it is widely used in medicine. The meadows contain:
- ascorbic and salicylic acid,
- vitamins A and C,
- terpene, carotene and rutin,
- phenolic compounds
- phenol carboxylic and fatty acids,
- essential oils,
- catechins and glycosides,
- wax and starch.
Due to the wide range of applications and medicinal properties, this herb is popularly called “a remedy for 40 diseases”. Labaznika medicines have diuretic, antispasmodic, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antioxidant, tonic, tonic, immunostimulating, antibacterial action.
Medicinal properties for some diseases:
- A stomach ulcer. Meadowsweet has an astringent effect, protects, strengthens and tones the gastric walls, normalizes digestion, relieves pain and reduces the activity of microbes. It is usually used in complex therapy with other plants. Meadowsweet perfectly compatible with chamomile, Althea root and plantain. In folk medicine, it is used to treat gastritis, heartburn and increased acidity in the stomach.
- Diarrhea. Astringent properties allow the use of herbs to treat diarrhea. In addition, it has a pleasant taste, which is important in the treatment of children. Meadowsweet relieves pain and abdominal cramps, helps to stop diarrhea.
- Pain of various etiologies. The plant contains a high concentration of salicylic acid, which relieves monotonous, sustained and "shooting" pain. Especially effective herb for headaches. In folk medicine, decoction of the root is used to relieve nausea.
- Women's diseases. Meadowsweet is often used to treat female diseases. Studies have proven its effectiveness in cervical dysplasia.
- Rheumatism. Meadowsweet has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Herbal tea and tea reduces articular chronic pain.
- Fever. Hot tea from leaves and flowers is an excellent diaphoretic. Such a drink is particularly effective at high temperatures, which are accompanied by reduced perspiration.
- Gout. Warm tea from meadowsweet has a diuretic effect. It is often used to treat gout, and there are many examples about the benefits of tea for this disease.
- Hematopoiesis Some useful properties of the plant are used to treat blood diseases.
Medical forms of meadowsweet
All medicinal plants should be harvested at the right time, collected in clean ecological areas that are far from large cities, highways and hazardous industries. Young shoots of grass are collected in early June, inflorescences - during flowering, rhizomes - in mid-September. Ready raw materials can be purchased at the pharmacy or from herbalists. However, no one can be sure of their high quality. With low quality healing properties Labaznika are reduced or completely lost.
From the meadows, you can prepare 2 options tincture. The first - alcohol tincture, which is used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diabetes, cholecystitis, gout and inflammation of the joints. For the preparation of alcohol tinctures will require:
- vodka or purified alcohol (medical) - 1 liter,
- dried flowers of meadowsweet - 50 g,
- sugar - 20 g
Vegetable raw materials are poured with alcohol or vodka, sugar is added and mixed thoroughly. Then clean for two weeks in a dark and cool place. Prepared alcohol tincture of meadowsweet is taken one teaspoon before meals 3 times a day. The course of admission is one month, depending on the disease and doctor's recommendations. Contraindications to the treatment of alcohol tinctures are exacerbation of cardiovascular diseases, alcohol dependence and chronic liver disease.
The second option - tincture of leaves without alcoholwhich contributes to the normalization of pressure. One tablespoon of raw materials should be filled with two glasses of boiling water and then insist 45 minutes. Before use, infusion filter. Drink it one teaspoon 3 times a day before meals, for three months.
With colds effective infusion of inflorescences. For its preparation will require:
- dried inflorescences - 30 g,
- purified water - 500 ml,
- Calendula tincture - 15 g.
Vegetable raw materials should be poured with cold water, and then removed in a dark place for 20 days. Before use, infusion filter. Take it for 1 teaspoon before eating to the disappearance of all symptoms of a cold. Tincture is also effective. for the prevention of viral infections.
Broth from meadowsweet prepared from its rhizome. Root must be crushed, pour boiling water (2 teaspoons to 1 cup of water), and then stand in a water bath for about 30 minutes. Pastrophobia leaves for another 40 minutes. It is possible to use such broth on 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
A decoction is used for hypertension, oncological manifestations, diabetes, kidney diseases, epilepsy, gastric ulcer, rheumatism and gout. Effective compress with decoction of meadowsweet, which is used for purulent wounds, burns. It is applied to diseased skin areas 5 times a day for 20 minutes.
Tea from meadowsweet well helps with colds, for its preparation they use flowers and leaves. Dried stock is poured with hot water and infused in an opaque capacity of 10-15 minutes. The beneficial properties of tea are anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects, as well as accelerated elimination of fluids, toxins and slags. There are no contraindications to tea. It can be drunk 150 ml up to 4 times a day..
The ointment prepared from the crushed grass possesses wound healing properties. The ointment is prepared with the addition of vegetable oil or lanolin (petrolatum) in the ratio of 5: 1.
The resulting mixture is applied to diseased skin for 10 minutes up to 10 times per day (depending on the strength of the lesion). The ointment is effective in treating acne and acne. In this case, it is used as a mask, leaving it on the face for 15 minutes, and then washing it off with warm water.
Harvesting meadowsweet for the winter
Meadows is easy to find on the shores of different reservoirs. If you do not want to collect in the forest, then perhaps plant it on your site. The plant grows well in the shade and in the sun, but the main condition for active growth is abundant watering. Grass should be planted immediately as the snow melts. Since this is a perennial bush, it needs regular pruning.
It is possible to use all parts of the field for winter harvesting, but the collection and drying is carried out according to some rules:
- Collection The tops should be collected before July, that is - this is the entire period of flowering plants. At the same time, the harvesting begins. The tops of the shoots are carefully cut off, the lower part of the meadowsweet is harvested after the growing season. By this time, the roots have accumulated a maximum of useful substances.
- Drying. Before drying, the roots must be thoroughly washed and cut into pieces. Meadowsweet roots are laid in a thin layer of 4–5 cm on paper or cloth and left under a canopy in a cool place. Dry start only in good weather. Raw materials are tedded several times a day. The leaves and flowers are harvested in the same way as the roots, but only without prior washing. Finished dry raw materials should be stored in glass containers, cardboard boxes or canvas bags. Store in a dark place no more than 5 years.
Meadowsweet - unique plant with an impressive amount of healing properties. This herb can replace a lot of drugs and become the main assistant in the treatment of various diseases.
Meadows - useful properties
Meadowsweet plant has been used in healing for several centuries; doctors consider it anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, vascular strengthening and healing agent. Meadowsweet Rhizome contains:
- phenol glycosides,
- sodium salicylate,
- vitamin C.
Flowers and leaves of meadowsweet (the second name of meadowsweet) are a source of fatty acids, catechins, vitamins, steroids, rich in essential oils and aromatic compounds. In some countries, young leaves and meadowsweet buds are used in cooking, added to soups and salads. The dried flowers of the Labaznika, brewed with boiling water, turn into a wholesome drink with an invigorating tonic effect.
In folk medicine, grass is used for a wide range of diseases, and in different recipes use both young inflorescences and leaves, as well as blanks of dried roots and flowers. The medicinal properties of meadowsweet help fight a wide range of diseases. Broth taken with:
- flu and colds,
- to improve the digestive tract,
- to normalize blood pressure,
- for the prevention of epilepsy,
- for relieving pain during gout attacks, rheumatism,
- with gynecological problems
- with diabetes.
Meadowsweet root is brewed and drunk during a gastric or intestinal ulcer, inflammation of the kidneys to stop internal bleeding. Infused with the leaves, the rhizome of meadowsweet is an anthelmintic remedy, calms the nervous system, relieves acute intra-articular pain. Meadowsweet inflorescences are used as a diuretic, used for diseases of the bladder, stomach pain, constipation.
Useful properties of meadowsweet is used to maintain women's health, to relieve the symptoms of thrush and inflammation, with menstrual pain, regulation of hormonal levels. During oncological diseases, an infusion of leaves is indicated as a means to thin the blood, accelerate hair growth after chemotherapy. We must not forget about the contraindications that any medicinal plant has, pay due attention to the rules of harvesting, procuring raw materials for the preparation of therapeutic broth.
How to use
Medicinal herbs should be harvested at the right time, collected in ecologically clean places, far from large cities, hazardous industries and highways. Young shoots of meadowsweet harvested in early June, inflorescences - during flowering, the roots, in early autumn, before the twentieth of September. The plant is dried in a dark, dry place, ideally in the attic. Ready-made raw materials can be purchased at a pharmacy or from herbalists, but in this situation you cannot be sure of its quality, there is a chance that you will not get the necessary therapeutic effect.
There are two options for making tincture of meadowsweet. Alcohol tincture is used for diabetes, stomach ailments (gastritis), holicestitis, as an anesthetic for gout or articular inflammations. To prepare you will need:
- medical purified alcohol or vodka: 1 l,
- dried flowers of meadowsweet: 50 g,
- granulated sugar: 20 g.
Pour the vegetable raw materials with vodka or alcohol, add sugar, mix thoroughly and leave in a dark cool place for two weeks. Take a ready-made tincture of meadowsweet three times a day before meals, one teaspoon for 21-30 days, depending on the symptoms and doctor's recommendations. Alcohol addiction, chronic liver diseases, and cardiovascular diseases in the acute stage are contraindications to alcohol injections.
Non-alcoholic tincture of leaves of meadowsweet helps with problems with pressure. A tablespoon of dried plants is poured with two cups of boiling water, infused for a quarter of an hour, filtered and drunk three times a day, one teaspoon before meals for a month. To combat colds, an infusion of inflorescences is prepared, for which you will need:
- dried fruit blossoms: 30 g,
- clear water: 0.5 l,
- Calendula tincture: 15 g.
Plant material is poured with cold water and left in a dark place for 20 days. The resulting infusion filter, tincture of calendula is added for long-term storage. During the illness, the agent is taken in a teaspoon before each meal until the symptoms disappear. As a prophylactic against viral infections - two teaspoons before meals daily.
Broth from the plant tavolga - useful properties and contraindications which should be taken into account when any form of its use as a therapeutic agent - is prepared from the rhizome of the plant. Измельченный в кофемолке или другим способом, корень таволги заливается кипятком, в пропорции две чайные ложки на стакан воды, и выдерживается на водяной бане 20-30 минут. На литр воды берется 20 г сырья.
Ready broth is left for up to three days in a dark cool place, and taken as a means to reduce blood viscosity, with diabetes and peptic ulcer, four times a day, two teaspoons, for three weeks. Compress with this tool is used for burns, purulent wounds, applied to the affected skin for 15 minutes five times a day.
The use of plants for treatment
The method of using wilderness depends on what ailment you plan to fight. Modern herbalists prepare infusion, decoction, tea, ointment and even oil from the meadow. The recipes of any of these tools are fairly simple and affordable.
In traditional medicine, meadowsweet is used to make medicine Zdrenko, which is used as an antitumor agent, as well as for the treatment of anacid gastritis, tachycardia, and biliary papillomatosis.
In case of poisoning, as well as disorders and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, herbal infusion of meadowsweet is used. In addition, this plant is very effective in hypertension, bronchitis, diabetes, diseases of the nervous system. Not for nothing in the people Labaznik called "Forty Shiver", that is, a cure for forty diseases.
In diseases of the renal system and the bladder also use the meadowsweed broth. The effectiveness of this herb in this case is due to diuretic properties. To prepare the broth, pour 1 tbsp. spoon of grass 250 ml of boiling water. Infusion need to cool and strain. Drink in small portions throughout the day.
The simplest infusion of a medicinal plant is prepared from dried and shredded roots. Raw materials are taken about 5-6 g per 1 cup of very hot boiled water. For further infusion, the mixture is left for 6-7 hours. You can put it at room temperature.
The finished product is exempt from the meal and drunk in small sips throughout the day. He is appointed to patients with a variety of ailments. For example, with hepatitis, diabetes (sugar), psoriasis, and even cancer of a different nature. Helps the infusion to deal with articular problems.
For the preparation of classic broth is taken only grass and water. 4 grams of herbs and 470 ml of freshly boiled liquid will be used. Components are mixed in a small container with a thick bottom and walls. Future decoction must be heated in a water bath. You need to ensure that it does not get extra water from the bottom of the pan. Bask the mixture will be half an hour.
It remains to strain the liquid and top up it with a cold portion of boiled water to the previous level. Drink remedy three times a day to 15 ml. The finished medicine is famous for its excellent antiparasitic effect.
Tea for face skin
To prepare tea, 4 grams of inflorescences and a little less glass of purified water are taken. Raw materials are poured with freshly boiled liquid, after which the mixture is left for 6-7 minutes. Shepherd's herbal tea is famous for its delicate honey flavor and stunning aroma. But just to drink it should not be. We must not forget that the drink under discussion is the strongest diuretic.
Tea is also actively used in cosmetology. Girls can use it for home skin care. In a strong, freshly prepared tea wetted with a cotton swab.
Means rubbed problem skin, covered with acne and pimples. It helps tea to cope with the dryness of the skin, relieve irritation and eliminate redness. It is worth adding such wipes to a daily skin care plan.
To independently prepare the ointment, the first thing you need to choose for her high-quality fatty basis. It can be lanolin, petroleum jelly or butter. If a dairy product is chosen for the purpose under discussion, then it must be unsalted. Basics will be enough 90-100 g.
The meadowsweet grass is ground into fine powder. Raw materials will need to take 20-25 g. The powder is combined with the base and very thoroughly mixed.
You can use the ointment immediately. Her joints are lubricated with rheumatism to relieve pain and alleviate the general condition of the patient, as well as the skin with inflammation. The procedure is repeated 3 times a day. The ointment is applied in a very thin layer.
To prepare real oil from a plant at home is almost impossible. This requires special equipment and a huge amount of raw materials. But you can simply connect 1 tbsp. powder from the meadowsweet with 60 ml of high-quality olive oil and leave to infuse in a tightly closed container for a week.
The finished product is used to eliminate acne, seborrhea, dermatitis, as well as against baldness. The resulting oil has wound healing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Contraindications and possible harm
Despite the huge list of useful medicinal properties of the plant, there are a lot of contraindications from it, with which every person who is planning to use it must read.
If a man or a woman often increases blood pressure, it is dangerous to prescribe such a natural remedy yourself. This should be done only by an experienced and competent doctor. Usually, under such conditions it is allowed to use short-lived drugs for a short period.
We must not forget about the strong astringent properties of the plant. For this reason, it is strictly forbidden to take with chronic constipation. Even with healthy people, problems with stool (as well as colic and nausea) can cause it.
If it is necessary to treat the existing disease for a long time with drugs based on meadowsweet, then it is important to constantly monitor your own blood count. Such a precaution is due to the presence of salicylates in the plant.
In the presence of allergies on the base or individual intolerance of any components of its composition, the plant is used exclusively in the form of incense sticks.
It is categorically contraindicated to apply blood oil in the following cases:
- during pregnancy
- with thrombocytopathy (otherwise you can trigger bleeding),
- with poor blood clotting.
Despite the numerous medicinal properties of the herbaceous plant, one should not forget about its toxicity. Therefore, it is necessary to use the meadowsweet as part of the treatment of any ailment with extreme caution. It is important to strictly adhere to the dosage recommended by the doctor and not to self-medicate.
Meadowsweet - how to collect and dry?
In folk medicine, inflorescences and roots are used, which are collected at different times. For the first plant raw materials must be sent from May to June. Cut only the upper parts of the shoots with a flower whisk. Grassland should be collected and dried according to a number of rules:
- The collection is important to hold in clean places away from roads and factories. Choose intact branches that look fresh.
- The best time to cut the inflorescences is the morning when the dew has dried.
- Hang bundles of snowmaker in the shade, for example, in the attic or loggia. Another option is to spread the grass in a thin layer on paper and agitate it periodically.
- Store raw materials in a dry place where there is no moisture and sun. Choose glass containers that seal tightly. Meadowsweet will retain its properties for two years.
Roots and rhizomes should be collected in September-October, because at this time they concentrate the maximum of nutrients. There are a number of rules to consider:
- To dig up the roots should be when the top is almost dried.
- Discard the ground, cut off the side roots and the above-ground part. Wash the roots and inspect them by removing the rotten parts.
- Spread out the roots on cardboard and dry them. After that, grind them and again spend drying. You can do it in the oven at a temperature of 40-50 ° C.
- Store raw materials in glass containers or cartons. Use of roots in traditional medicine can be up to five years.
Since the plant has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it began to be used in home cosmetic procedures. Benefit of meadowsweet for the body is as follows:
- Most often, plants are used to cope with inflammatory processes, regardless of the nature of their occurrence.
- Helps to remove puffiness, that is, to get rid of ugly bags under the eyes.
- Stabilizes vascular tone, helping to cope with an ugly capillary mesh.
- With regular use you can make the skin more healthy and hydrated.
- Meadowsweet promotes the rapid healing of microtraumas on the skin.
- When caring for the hair, the plant helps to cope with seborrhea and prolapse, get rid of brittleness and make the curls healthy and silky.
In order to give your hair health is recommended to use the following tools:
- To prepare the healing infusion in 200 ml of cooled but pre-boiled water, add a small spoonful of herbs. Insist in a closed container for eight hours. It has already been mentioned that the grass of meadowsweet cures, so in order to improve the condition of the hair, it is necessary to use ready-made headwash.
- Shepherd hair growth applies as follows: a large spoonful of flowers, pour 400 ml of boiling water and put on the fire. Boil for 30 minutes and then leave under the lid to infuse for the same time. It will only filter and you can use the tool for rinsing hair after washing. Duration of use - a month.
To get the stated benefit, you can use the following tools:
- To give the skin a smooth and healthy look, mix a small spoonful of honey with two large spoons of broth based on the classic recipe (1 tbsp per 200 ml of boiling water). Add another small spoon of carrot juice. Apply a homogeneous mixture with a brush on the face in several layers. After half an hour, all wash away.
- Plant meadowsweet help cope with acne, for which prepare the infusion according to the traditional recipe (1 tbsp. Spoon per 200 ml of boiling water). After an hour strain, add a large spoonful of alcohol to the infusion. Use this tonic in the morning and evening, rubbing the face.
- To narrow the pores and give the skin a matte shade, you need to mix four large spoons of broth with chopped oatmeal, to end up with a mass that is similar in consistency to sour cream. Add a spoonful of lemon juice to the mass and apply the product on your face for 15 minutes.
Meadowstalk in cooking
Also meadows are used in the preparation of jam and jam. Stems, leaves and grass roots are added to soups as a dressing. Delicious salads are made from young leaves of the Labaznika. To give a special aromatic notes in Scandinavia, this plant is added to wine and beer. Store the plant in dried form in a dark and dry place.