Useful properties of grapes and wonderful useful qualities encourage lovers and breeders to create new varieties every year.
One of the varieties that deserves attention is "Transfiguration".
Creator This variety is a lover of grapes and breeder V.N. Krainovliving in Novocherkassk. The status of the grape varieties has not yet been assigned, although this hybrid form is already very popular among those who want to grow grapes on their plot.
Krainov’s hand also belongs to Blagovest, Victor, Angelika and Anyuta.
What kind is it?
"Transfiguration" - is a hybrid form of table grapes. Variety refers to the superemorable maturity, 110–115 days from vegetation until full ripening berries.
The same early ripening berries have varieties Gordey, Upper seedless seed and Julian.
In warm regions, the crop is removed at the end of July. Frost is average in terms of performance. The juice content in the pulp and the increased percentage of sugar also makes it possible to produce wine from these grapes.
Grape Transformation: variety description
In this heading, we will look at the appearance of the Transformation grape and its photo.
The appearance of the grapes strongly resembles the varieties bred by Krainov: "Victor" and Novocherkassk anniversary.
The berries are very beautiful, cylindrical or cylindrical, pink with a yellowish tinge. The peel has a white wax coating.
The taste of the berries is unusually sweet, with a slight sourness. Percent Sahara in the fruit is at a high level, about 19 g / 100 cm3 pulp.
High sugar content also has Aladdin, Delight White and King Ruby.
Excellent taste, without any frills, and dense juicy pulp.
The skin of the grapes is almost not noticeable when eaten, easily eaten.
Sizes of one medium berry 3.5 mm long and 2.5 mm wide. Individual specimens reach a length of more than 50 mm with a weight of 18–19g. For grapes, such dimensions and weight are considered very impressive.
Medium brush weight on the bush about 1 kgbut often there are instances weighing more than 3 kg. The density of bunches is loose, which means a small density between the berries.
Anthony the Great, Valery Voevoda and Helios can also boast large clusters.
The vine of this form is characterized by intensive growth, so experienced growers advise that it is necessary to cut off the shoots mainly in 6–8 buds.
For a visual acquaintance with the grapes "Transfiguration" the photo below:
Grape bushes "Transfiguration" grow very quickly and do not require special difficulties in the care and cultivation. At the same time, the variety is adapted to different climatic conditions and tolerates transplant very well. Has the tendency of the bushes to grease.
From one bush grape "Transfiguration" stably manages to collect a little more than 20 kg.
Bushes are characterized by intensive growth in both length and width. Strong growth is observed not only on its own root, but also on the vaccinated too.
Ataman Pavlyuk, Amirkhan and Original are also distinguished by their vigor.
The self-fertility of the variety allows you to grow fruits without problems with the formation of ovaries, due to the fact that the flowers on the plant are bisexual. Fruits are not prone to pea, even under adverse weather conditions.
The frost resistance of grapes is not considered very high. At frosts down to -23 ° C, the woody part is not damaged, but young shoots of the same age can practically freeze out.
Berries well tolerated transportation and can not lose a decent appearance with long storage.
The variety may be affected by wasps. Resistance to various diseases of grapes has low indicators: about 3.5-4 points.
The variety takes root very well on various rootstocks and has good rooting of cuttings.
Care and landing
Growing shrubs need to be pruned annually for more productive fruiting. Considering the peculiarities of this hybrid form, which has a high yield and heavy clusters, it is recommended to ration inflorescences on the shoots. One shoot - one inflorescence.
Sheltering for the winter is necessaryto avoid freezing of shoots. To do this, cut the vine into, and fall asleep with mulch or sawdust.
Pruning grapes carried out in the fall. If this has not been done, then spring cutting is done before the buds bud.
The variety is unpretentious to the soil, but planting in black soil greatly improves the weight and taste characteristics of the fruit.
When planting you need to take care of protection from the north wind, preferring a place near the fence or along the wall of the house. Also, the lighting for a good ripening of fruits plays a significant role.
Pest and disease protection
Grapes "Transfiguration" may be subject to the invasion of wasps.
For protection, typical methods are used for all varieties:
- Destroying wasp nests at the site and within reach.
- Cluster protection with mesh bags.
- Placement of special baits for wasps near the grape bush.
To prevent diseases of the grape with diseases such as mildew and oidium, do the following:
- It is recommended to spray the bushes three times during the ripening period of the berries with special fungicide preparations for the prevention of infection.
- It is necessary to control the level of moisture in the soil. Overmoistening with frequent watering and planting of grapes on a plot with a high level of groundwater is unacceptable.
Do not forget about taking certain preventive measures against diseases such as anthracnose, bacteriosis, rubella, chlorosis and bacterial cancer. In time spent they will help to avoid major troubles.
Competently caring for the development and ripening of fruits can achieve excellent yield indicators. Grapes "Transfiguration" so unpretentious in cultivation that even the most inexperienced lover this culture.
History of the variety
Variety Transformation - a fairly new variety of fruit and berry culture. It is not included in the State Register, but is very popular with many gardeners. The grapes are the result of the work of an amateur breeder Viktor Krainov.
The hybrid form of grapes turned out when crossing Talisman and Kishmish Radiant. During the experiments, he brought out three similar varieties: Novocherkassk's Anniversary, Victor, Transfiguration. Their distinctive features can only reveal the true professionals in their field. Due to its merits, Transfiguration has been in demand for many years compared to other garden crops.
Description of grapes Transformation
Grape Transfiguration is a hybrid variety. Its distinguishing feature is large clusters with large berries.
Due to the special external features of the shrub has become a popular planting compared to other garden and berry crops.
Description of bushes, shoots, fruits is necessary for the organization of competent care:
- Grape bushes are fast growing. They form many shoots. Newly planted cuttings root quickly.
- Flowers self-pollinated.
- The shape of the clusters can be varied - conical or cylindrical. In some cases, the clusters are shapeless. The density of the berries is loose. The weight of one bunch varies from 1 kg to 3 kg.
- Oval elongated berries are quite large. Grape weight - up to 20 grams. About the ripeness of the fruit shows a pinkish color and a light white bloom.
The formation of “stepchildren” from the mother plant allows you to get a harvest twice per season. On the shoots sweet clusters are also formed.
Based on the outer features of the grape transfiguration, stable individual characteristics of the variety are formed:
- The variety has excellent taste. Sweet aromatic berries have a light note of sourness. The flesh is not juicy, medium density.
- The yield of grapes is high, abundant. An individual feature is double fruiting: at the end of August and mid-September. With proper care, good environmental conditions from one bush to collect 20 kg of ripe berries.
- Self-fertility is a useful characteristic for the plant. Due to this, additional pollinators nearby will not be required.
- High frost resistance. Transformation brings low-temperature drops to -23 degrees.
- Quick adaptation to environmental conditions. The grapes easily adapt to climate change.
- For the variety is important prevention of fungal diseases. Resistance to plant diseases, the influence of parasites in grapes is low.
Transformation characteristics determine the landing algorithm, the stages of necessary care, and the methods of prevention.
Pros and cons varieties
The young variety Transformation has several undeniable advantages. They distinguish it from other berry bushes. Due to its advantageous advantages, it is in great demand with many gardeners:
- Ability to self-pollination. Promotes abundant fruiting without help.
- Abundant double harvest of large berries.
- Resistant to severe frosts. Allows you to plant shrubs in the central and northern regions of the country.
- Grapes do not diminish in case of bad weather conditions, poor quality soil composition.
- Clusters have excellent transportable ability without loss of presentation. They are stored for a long time without sacrificing taste.
- Saplings when landing quickly and easily take root in new conditions.
- Climate change does not affect plant development.
Specific features of the variety - low resistance to fungal diseases. This must be considered to prevent the occurrence of lesions. Despite the fairly young age, the Transformation grape is a worthy option for planting at the dacha, commercial gardening. Due to the predominance of positive traits, it is often cultivated in different areas of the country.
Rules for selecting a site for landing
Grapes Transformation - unpretentious variety. He is not picky about the composition of the soil, the site for planting. For the organization of competent care it is necessary to observe several basic nuances:
- The plant likes good lighting. When choosing the ideal place for planting, you should pay attention to the presence of nearby tall trees with a thick crown. They will create an artificial shadow. This will negatively affect the fruiting of the grapes.
- A great option for the variety - the southern side of the suburban area, where there will be no drafts, winds.
- Fruit shrubs do not like excessive moisture. The degree of soil moisture is medium. Groundwater level is not higher than 1.5 m from the surface.
The grapes are recommended to plant on a proven, pre-prepared plot. This will allow you to organize the highest quality conditions for the growth and development of the plant.
Planting grapes Transformation is best done in the spring, with the onset of the first heat. Properly selected seedling is the basis for abundant harvest varieties in the future. A young plant must meet several requirements:
- The color of the root system is whitish.
- The color of the cross section is green.
- No signs of dryness, frostbite.
Before planting in the ground seedlings are the primary treatment. They are soaked in water for 24 hours. With a solution of growth stimulant sprayed the root system.
The process of planting a seedling involves the implementation of a simple sequence:
- Preparation of pits. They should be more than 2 times the roots of a young plant. The distance between the holes is 1-1.5 m.
- At the bottom spread a mixture of soil and organic fertilizers. Top sprinkled with ordinary earth.
- Sapling down. Its roots should lightly touch the bottom of the hole. The root neck is not lower than the soil level.
- Land sprinkled with the remaining soil. Lightly tamped.
- If necessary, you should equip an additional support for the plant - a wooden stake, dug in next to the seedling.
- After planting make abundant watering. On one bush spend up to 3 buckets of water.
Even an aspiring gardener will cope with the planting of a grape sapling Transfiguration. Qualitatively executed planting will ensure healthy growth of the plant.
Terms of ripening
Variety Transformation is considered early ripe. It ripens in the shortest possible time. After the stage with the discovery of the kidneys, an average of 3–3.5 months passes before the formation of ripe bunches.
The timing of the appearance of ripe berries depends on weather conditions, the region of growing grapes. With a favorable climate, the ripening period may be reduced. If the plant is planted in areas with low air temperature, the appearance of the first grapes will occur a little later.
Grape care Transfiguration - an important component of the full development of the plant. The variety is unpretentious. Proper implementation of standard procedures is the basis of a regular, abundant harvest:
- Watering should be timely and moderate. The variety prefers moist soil. The main thing - to avoid excessive moisture. Abundant watering is recommended at the beginning and end of flowering shrubs. During the dry period, a circular hole for water is dug around the trunk. Quality grape drainage should be organized.
- Regular fertilizer will strengthen the plant's immunity. Top dressing is introduced at the beginning of flowering, at the stage of fruit formation, before shelter for the winter. Substances containing potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, will have a beneficial effect on the shrub.
- Mulching is an important care procedure. Thanks to it, moisture and nutrients remain in the soil for a long time. The trunk of the bush is surrounded in a circle with a layer of peat or humus. Conducted in the spring and autumn. Required to perform before the onset of cold weather.
- Pruning a plant is carried out before the vine blossoms. The best period is autumn or spring. Perfect fan method. After its use, fruit vines are shortened by 6-8 buds. Leave only 24-28 shoots. Variety Transformation high-yielding. To avoid overloading the shrub on one shoot, leave one bunch.
- This grape is resistant to cold. Additional shelter for the winter will minimize the damage caused to the bush by low temperatures. Before insulation, remove the vine plants. Leave 25% of the main amount. Shrubs are bent to the ground, covered with soil. From above lay out hay, slate.
To care for grapes Transformation is not difficult. The correct approach to the plant will reduce the risk of dangerous fungal diseases, damage by pests.
Diseases and pests
Variety Transformation is subject to the influence of insects, plant diseases. Pest control should be carried out in a timely manner, conducting regular prevention:
- Grape flea. Destroys the leaves, laying on their back side of the larvae. They carry out the treatment with insecticide - they spray the opened buds.
- Grape crib. Dwells on the shoots. Due to the development of the film remains virtually invisible. It feeds on plant sap. Resistant to pharmacy drugs. Collected by hand.
- Grape moth The offspring of its larvae gnaws through the leaves, eats juice. The main control method is insecticide treatment. As a preventive measure, it is necessary to regularly collect fallen leaves and loosen the soil.
Variety Transformation exposed to some fungal diseases:
- Mealy dew. It is expressed as white bloom on the leaves. For destruction use fungicides ("Topaz", "Vitaros").
- Bacterial cancer. It occurs after the treatment of shoots with non-sterile instruments. Not treatable. Shrub destroy.
- Spotted necrosis. Manifested in early spring. At first, spots are formed on the leaves. Then the vine dries completely. To combat and prevent the conduct of spraying drugs containing copper.
To avoid the development of many dangerous diseases will allow timely and thorough examination of the grape bushes. Due to this, you can notice the defeat at an early stage, which will allow you to perform appropriate therapeutic measures.
In which regions is it better to grow?
Grapes Transformation prefers heat, light, lack of wind, fertile soil. A distinctive feature - resistance to low temperatures.
For these reasons, the variety can be cultivated in several regions of the country:
- North Caucasus.
- Lower Volga.
You can grow a variety in a variety of areas. It is enough to create the right conditions for planting. Proper execution of care procedures will keep the shrub healthy and fruitful for many years.
Variety Transformation has long been a popular planting in the suburban areas. Unpretentious shrub does not require careful maintenance. Among its many advantages: a bountiful harvest, early fruiting, large and sweet berries. An excellent place to cultivate a plant will be a warm sunny region. Due to frost resistance, grapes can be planted in places with fluctuating low temperatures. The excellent taste of fruits made shrubs demanded by many gardeners, commercial production.
Origin of the variety
Для поддержания молодости и красоты человеку обязательно нужно включить в рацион виноград. В его состав входят полезные витамины и микроэлементы, а также антиоксиданты (природные вещества), замедляющие процесс старения клеток.
Grapes Transformation refers to varieties that ripen in the early stages. He received recognition of the hybrid variety not so long ago, but already ranks first in the top ten of the best varieties of culture. The grape variety Transfiguration by amateur breeder Viktor Krainov has been developed.
So far, the variety of this crop is not included in State Register of Breeding Achievementsapproved for use. But this does not affect its popularity among gardeners, because the Transformation grape variety has taken the best qualities from the main varieties: the minimum time for harvesting, excellent taste, high and stable yield. The good quality of this variety is that it brings stable and high yields not only in the southern regions, but also where the climate of temperate latitudes prevails.
Notable technical characteristics of the Transformation variety include:
- Uterine shrub vine is designed to purchase cuttings or stacking layers. On the grape bush grow stepchildren who, if necessary, remove or pinch over 1‒2 leaves. This is done to ensure that the bushes are not thickened processes.
- It is possible to implant cuttings of a hybrid variety to opposite cultures; they have a high percentage of adaptation.
- Nevertheless, the bushes of this variety can reach considerable sizes without grafting.
- Despite the climatic conditions, the yield can reach up to 20 kilograms from one bush.
- Very resistant variety to pest, fungal diseases, viruses.
- The grapes are unpretentious relative to the ground; all that is needed is the good fertility of the soil and plant it in time in the landing pit.
- It often happens that grapes of many varieties give small berries, this phenomenon is called "pea". Only this culture is not located in the "pea", even regardless of the climate of temperate latitudes.
- Can be grown in central Russia, withstands up to 20 degrees of frost.
Pollination occurs without the participation of insects, because the variety has bisexual flowers (which have stamens and pistils). Every light breath of the wind contributes to pollination. This variety of artificial pollination does not require. If gardeners will properly care for this crop, which has many advantages, then they will be rewarded in the form of a rich harvest.
Selection of seedlings and planting
When you buy planting material, be careful, you need to carefully examine it. Saplings of the sort Transformation we check that they are not frozen or over dried, and also there should not be any damage from the disease on them.
It is possible to plant this crop both cuttings and saplings. Have first-grade sapling the root system has a milky color, a perpendicular cut of bright green color and a ground part without damage.
Since the bushes of this plant grow very much, they should be planted according to the scheme 1.5 by 1.5 meters. This takes into account the size of the hole, it should be twice the size of the rhizome. In the recess of the young plant should be placed so that the root, rolling in the trunk (root neck), was on the same level with the ground. To determine correctly where the root neck is, you need to retreat about 3–4 cm above the first root. Before planting seedlings into the ground, the young plant should be dipped into a solution prepared from Humeta fertilizer. The upper part of the roots before planting should be cut.
Transformation grapes planted by grafting, it is possible to apply both young, and already ripened stalks. The most favorable time for vaccination is spring. To graft on it, it must be from 2 to 3 eyes.
Pruning and shaping the bush
Pruning can be done in spring and autumn, but if you prefer spring, then you need to have time before the buds have blossomed. According to the description of this culture is best cut in the fall. Scions that have been cut them easier to cover and they can avoid damage, as well as better endure the winter cold. In spring, the buds on the grapes will open much earlier, this action may contribute to reducing the time to harvest.
Let's analyze how correctly make the formation of a bush of grapes. For this, it is necessary to preserve two processes on the bush in its first year in autumn, which need to be shortened to two buds. The following year, each kidney will give processes, and in the fall they must be shortened. One process will be a shoot of replacement (the stem on which several eyes have been left), and the second will be a vine of fruiting, always 6 to 12 buds are left on it. Systematic pruning must be repeated every year.
In winter, the grape branches bend down to the ground, sprinkle with soil and cover, and what the gardeners themselves decide. In the spring after the shelter is removed, the vine must be tied to the trellis (special design).
Such pruning very effective for grapes Transformation, which is grown not only in central Russia, but also in the southern regions. If you follow all the rules, the result will only please high yield.
Consider in more detail the method of grapes grafting. As already known, you can use a young, as well as a well-matured sprout. In most cases, grafting is done in the spring, but sometimes gardeners graft when the eyes are in a sleeping position (stock).
So that you can get to work without difficulty, you first need to prepare everything you need. For grafting, take a small amount of cuttings ‒ stocks with 23 eyes. Cut the lower part of the process, while under the eye leave a distance of 2 millimeters. After that, the vine should be in aqueous solution for two days. To prepare the solution, we need 1 liter of water and 10 drops of Humate.
If you decide to harvest the cuttings in the autumn, then the preparation procedure itself will be different. It is necessary to lower the process in refluxed paraffin (similar to wax, yellowish fusible substance) and hold no more than 1‒2 seconds, then cooled in cool water. When using this method, moisture and all nutrients are saved, cuttings become more resistant to early autumn frosts.
We take a stock, peel off from all previous branches, after which it is split and placed inside the split cutting. The surface should be extremely smooth. Then, a graft (a plant, a part of which is grafted onto another to impart new qualities to it) is inserted into the stock and is strongly tied; this is necessary in order to compress the denser place where the two parts of the graft and stock are joined.
Proper care of grapes
If you take for comparison other varieties of grapes, then you can see that the variety of this crop is absolutely not fastidious in the care.
What you need to know to ensure the proper care of this variety:
- Once a year the bushes are pruned so that the grape stem has no more than 35 branches.
- The ripe brushes of the plant are quite large, which means that you need to be very careful to ensure that there is no more than one ovary on all processes.
- The plant throughout the season must be sprayed a couple of times with chemicals from the group of pesticides (fungicides), for prophylactic purposes to eliminate fungal diseases.
Observing all the rules of care for this plant, you can get a good and high-quality crop.
Rules that should not be ignored
Neglecting Elementary Rules can greatly reduce yields. Therefore, it is important to know that the variety “Transformation” by its description has its own characteristics. But do not panic, in fact it is an ordinary measure: prevention of diseases, the usual methods of processing different grape varieties.
It is very important that the soil is wet, but you should not overdo it with watering, because the abundance of water can adversely affect the development of this hybrid variety. Watering the plants is necessary conduct at the beginning of flowering and upon its completion.
When drought around the trunk of a bush, it is imperative to dig a notch approximately 5 cm from the place of transition of the roots to the trunk (root collar) to the lower skeletal branch, and periodically fill it with water. To avoid an excess of moisture during groundwater, storm water, you need to make a drainage or drainage channels.
- The rules of mulching varieties.
In the spring and autumn during the transitional periods between summer and winter, the hybrid variety is in great need of mulching, this will help keep moisture and all nutrients in the ground. We spread humus or peat layers in 3 cm. Be sure to pay attention to the size of the diameter of the rhizome of the bush. Mulching is carried out in order to protect against frost before the arrival of winter cold.
Viticulture is difficult: it laborious but very entertaining process. The primary task for the gardener is to obtain a rich grape harvest, but such results can only be achieved if the crop is properly taken care of and the agricultural technology is carried out.
The described Transformation variety is a good choice both for amateur gardeners and for growers with extensive experience who grow raw materials for winemaking. This variety has an excellent taste, and it is quite unassuming when grown. It is considered a good competitor for other varieties.
This grape belongs to the hybrid form of table variety. The ripening period is very early, 110-115 days from the beginning of the growing season.
In the southern regions of the country, the crop is being harvested in the twentieth of July. Its frost resistance is average; juice and pulp make it possible to produce excellent table wine.
The grapes of the Preobrazhensky grape are very beautiful, have the shape of an elongated cylinder. The wax coating gives a haze to the berry and mutes the bright pink color of the brush. The taste of grapes is pleasant, sweet, with a slight sourness. Sugar content 19g / 100 cubic cm of pulp.
The skin of the berry is thin, transparent. With abundant summer sun, the fruits sometimes do not reach a bright pink color, but remain light yellow. The size of one berry is about 3 cm in length and 2-2.5 cm in width.
The clusters are elongated, similar to the Rizamat variety, but less dense. Brush weight from 1 to 3 kg, depending on the yield of the year.
The grape variety Transformation has a very intensive vine growth. The elongated vine was borrowed when selected from the Kishmish grape, so pruning should be cut by 9-15 eyes.
Planting and care
When planning the planting of new bushes, the distance between them should be left large, due to the powerful growth of the root system. The place for the trenches should be well lit, they should be located in the direction from north to south. In this case, the rays of the sun at sunrise first illuminate one side of the trellis, at the zenith, both sides, and at sunset the light falls on the other side of the trellis.
When the vertical trellis is located in the direction from west to east, its northern side never receives direct rays of the sun.
The distance between the bushes should be optimal, at least 4-6 meters.
The grapes of this variety are not very picky about the condition of the soil; nevertheless, the addition of superphosphate and humus will improve the quality of the land. Fertilizers should not be carried away so as not to cause root burns.
Pruning a bush
Among perennial fruit plants, only grapes are subject to strong annual pruning. With this operation, it is necessary to remove from 50 to 90% of the annual increase. In the bushes without pruning large number of small, weak shoots and a lot of clusters with small low-incandescent berries. Proper pruning and the formation of a bush is of great importance in creating the conditions for laying the next year's harvest.
Among the perennial organs of the vine, the sleeves grow the fastest growing. The term of their active productive service, depending on the grade is 10-15 years. It is therefore necessary, during the period of full fruiting of the bush, to take care of replacing them in a timely manner, growing new sleeves from coppice shoots. Pruning grapes Transformation should be done fan. Spring pruning is preferable to autumn because during the shelter for the winter and the spring opening of the grapes, some of the buds can break.
When pruning the bushes, we must remember that the more shoots on it, the more clusters and the higher the crop. However, when overloading the bushes and malnutrition, the harvest, despite the increase in shoots, may decrease due to the weight loss of the clusters.
This variety prefers long pruning for 6-15 eyes. The shoots left behind are called fruit. Since this grape variety is more suitable for the southern regions, it is better to form a bush on a vertical trellis in four sleeves. On each should remain from one to four fruit shoots, the rest should be broken out. The distance between the vines should be at least 15-20 cm.
The grape Transformation in describing its variety has several features:
- this variety produces a large number of shoots, a brush is formed on each, which is an unnecessary load,
- the trunk is often affected by fungal diseases,
- Sweet and juicy berries often attract a large number of wasps to the site.
When forming bushes, it is also necessary to produce pruning, debris, pasynkovanie and chasing vines. Pruning is usually done in autumn and spring. Young bushes up to 5 years of age should be pruned in spring.
The grapes require the highest water content in the soil during the period of active sap flow, bud break, shoot growth and flowering.
He needs a little less moisture during the period of berry growth, but it is undesirable to dry out the soil.
To maintain soil moisture at a level that ensures a good harvest of the next year, it is necessary to carry out (for a warm climate) 3–5 vegetation irrigations and 1 moisture discharge before winter. There is a mistaken view that heavy rain can create an adequate supply of moisture. But this is not so, because the soil in the vineyard needs to be moistened to a depth of 1-1.5 meters.
Fertilizer and dressing
Systematic fertilization helps restore soil depletion. In the vineyard often used two types of fertilizers:
Of the organic ones, the most valuable is rotted manure, the nutrients of which are absorbed by the grapes gradually, over 3-4 years.
Mineral fertilizers are applied for root and foliar feeding. The composition of fertilizers depends largely on the soil, the condition of the bushes and the yield.
Root top dressing done once in 2-3 years, preferably in the fall. It can be combined with watering the vineyard.
Among the main characteristics of the grape Transformation, the following can be identified:
- vigorous plant with high spore formation
- flowers grape bisexual
- the term of ripening berries - early
- berries are large (12-20g), with color from yellow-pink to bright pink
- taste is harmonious
- sugar content 17-19%
- acidity 7 g / l
- fleshy flesh
- peel of medium density and thickness.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Among amateur gardeners, grapes Transformation is valued for its ability to produce crops with little care, the variety does not have high soil requirements. Below are the main advantages of the variety.
- Early ripening berries.
- High yield.
- Maximum pollination.
- Lack of polishing (even if the weather is bad during flowering).
- Dimensional advantages of clusters and berries.
- Excellent presentation and transportability.
- The strength of the bush.
- The possibility of obtaining additional crop with stepchildren.
- Cold resistance.
It should be noted and the high aesthetics of the grapes of the Transformation grapes. It is considered one of the most beautiful varieties.
Breeches on the plot
There are grapes and their disadvantages, and the main is:
- Strong staving. And this in turn requires constant attention and pinching shoots.
- Grape Transformation has an average degree of disease resistance. During the growing season he needs at least three preventive treatments.
- Need normalization of inflorescences on the shoots. Do not leave them more than one brush, otherwise it will affect the taste of the fruit.
- The variety is affected by wasps, therefore additional protection is required.
- In regions with cold winters, a vine shelter is needed.
Comparing the pros and cons, many gardeners will want to grow a hybrid variety of grapes Transformation on their summer cottage. Therefore, the following will be discussed about the rules of planting and caring for this variety.
Site selection and preparation of the landing pit
Choosing a place for planting grapes must take into account some features of this culture. First of all, it should not be in a draft. The south side of the garden house or another building is best suited. Otherwise, additional defenses will be needed.
The grapes of the Transfiguration differ in tallness of the bush, so there should not be garden trees nearby. Such a neighborhood will lead to rivalry for nutrients and sunlight.
The best time for planting saplings is spring. During the spring and summer, the plant will have time to adapt and gain strength, which will help it to endure the winter period. However, the landing pit should be prepared in the fall. Over the winter, the land will settle, the voids will disappear. Грунт пропитается органикой и минеральными удобрениями.
В выбранном месте выкапывают яму со сторонами 60 Х 60 см, и такой же глубиной. Верхний слой земли складывают по одну сторону углубления, а нижний, менее плодородный, по другую. На дно закладывают ведро перепревшего навоза или компоста (можно взять эти субстраты в равных пропорциях). Make 100 g of phosphate and potash fertilizers. Fall asleep half the land from the upper layer. The contents of the pit are mixed and add another bucket of organics and the previous rate of mineral fertilizers. Rake the rest of the fertile land, mix and fill the hole to the brim with soil from the bottom. Such a distribution of food will force the roots of the grapes to master the deep horizons of the soil, and not look for nutrients in the upper layers. This may adversely affect the grapes during the winter cold and during long droughts.
In the spring, with the onset of sustainable heat, start planting seedlings. Beginning of May is the optimal time for landing.
Preparation of grapes saplings for planting
Buying grape saplings for cultivation at the dacha, attention should be paid to the state of the root system and the integrity of the bark. The roots of a healthy seedling should have a whitish color, and the cut should have a greenish tint. These indicators suggest the proper care of the seedling, but, nevertheless, it is recommended to soak it in water at room temperature for 1-2 days, with the addition of root stimulants (for example, “Kornevin”), before planting.
Before planting, the roots are pruned a little. This contributes to a more rapid survival of seedlings.
In the pit prepared from autumn, they make a depression, a little more than the root system of the seedling, with a small mound in the center. A shrub of grapes is dipped into it, the roots evenly spread on the surface of the hill and covered with soil. The earth is well compacted, spend abundant watering and mulching pristvolnogo circle.
Hybrid grapes Transformation has a good adaptation to new conditions and will quickly begin to gain momentum. When planting grafted seedlings, it is necessary to ensure that the grafting site is located 3-5 cm above the soil level.
If you plan to plant several bushes of grapes, then the distance between the planting pits should be about 1.5 m. This is due to the height of the variety and intensive shoot formation.
Grapes Transformation is a very appreciative variety. With regular watering, timely feeding, competent pruning of stepchildren and periodic preventive measures against pests and diseases, the gardener will be rewarded with a generous harvest of grapes. But under favorable conditions it can reach 20 kg.
The main pest of grapes are wasps. They flock to beautiful, fragrant and tasty berries, eat away juicy flesh, causing significant damage to the crop. Damaged berries begin to deteriorate, clusters lose their presentation.
To deal with them is quite difficult and often without result. First, it is necessary to destroy all the wasp nests on its territory. But who said that they will not arrive from neighboring areas? To some extent, sweet and sticky traps will help. They are made from plastic bottles, filled with fragrant wasp bait liquid and hung near a vineyard.
To protect the crop from birds, they set up scarecrows or stretch a fine-meshed net over grapes.
On a note. Inta-vir, Actofit, Fitoverm are allowed to be used against insects.
In order to avoid diseases, the grapes are sprayed three times per season with solutions of fungicides or Bordeaux mixture (1%). In addition, it is very important not to over-wet the soil. This can cause diseases in the vineyard.
When watering is necessary to show a sense of proportion. For grapes moisture is required, but without waterlogging of the soil. Regular watering is important for the vine at the beginning of the growing season and before flowering. During the formation of the ovary, the amount of water is reduced, the only exception is hot and dry weather.
In rainy weather, gardeners make drainage gutters in tree trunks so that excess water can go away.
Feed, i.e. proper nutrition of the bushes of grapes, are the fundamental factors in obtaining a decent harvest. (But this does not mean that in the cultivation of grapes the role of other care activities is diminished.) In order for the plant to form a large bunch with large berries, the vine needs a lot of nutrients, and different and in different periods of vegetation.
Strengthening the young seedling
In the spring grapes need nitrogen to build green mass. For these purposes, suitable urea and ammonium nitrate. They are better absorbed by the plant, if they are made in liquid form in compliance with the norms indicated on the package. Superphosphate contribute to the flowering period.
Transformation grapes pruned in autumn or early spring. The shape of the trim fan. The shoots are cut over 6-8 eyes, leaving no more than 35 pieces on the plant. You should follow the grapes and during flowering, one flower brush should remain on one shoot. Overloading the vine with a crop will affect its quality.
After removing all the grapes from the vine, it is fed with copper-containing fertilizers - they increase the frost resistance of the plant. But this is not enough to save the vineyard in regions with frosty winters.
When preparing the vineyard for winter, the sprouts are cut, leaving 1 /4 part of its length. Then it is removed from the supports, placed on the ground and covered with sacking, roofing felt, covering material or soil. A good shelter is a guarantee of the safety of the vine for generous fruiting in the next summer season.
Grape Transformation: video
The variety to which I do not have any complaints, let's say for a beginner to plant, so as they say the first pancake did not turn out to be a lump. Taste and color are for each person individually, in my understanding the main stability, stability and productivity, which cannot be said conditions about Tason and other varieties that have disappointed. I tried the top berries have a sweet-sour taste that is pleasant.
Transformation is good for everyone, both the type and the yield, but there is no taste, from the word at all. Why is there taste, even if it was sweet, I feel awkward in its implementation, people buy it for appearance, literally force people to try the berry, as if I disclaim responsibility, they say they knew what they bought, and imagine, try and buy, although the grass grass. It doesn’t work for me to achieve what would have been, wasn’t overloaded, but anyway ... maybe someone knows the approach to it.
Grape growing is, of course, troublesome, requiring knowledge and labor. Therefore, many gardeners are hesitant to plant a grape sapling on their land. Variety Transformation should be an exception - the resulting crop will reimburse all the efforts of the gardener.
The variety has bisexual flowers and high self-pollination.
The main "trick" of the Transfiguration is the formation of a large number of stepsons. The yield in this case is full, stable. It distinguishes this grape variety from the rest.
Transformation is perfect for planting both in small summer cottages and on vineyards.
The grapes form very beautiful, leveled and large berries.
The main advantages of this variety should be considered:
- early ripening of fruits,
- good breeding
- great presentation.
The early term of ripening of fruits is caused by a short vegetative period. This occurs within 110–115 days. Indicator of maturity are berries. If the fruit is soft, it is considered ripe.
Another important advantage is the lack of pea berries.
Variety "Transformation" reproduces well against the background of excellent compatibility with other grape varieties. A good role is played by a good rooting ability of seedlings.
Grape Transformation needs protection from diseases and pests.
The main disadvantage of this variety is capriciousness. In regions with harsh winter conditions, culture may die. You can protect her by providing her with a reliable shelter.
This variety is hypersensitive to various diseases and pests. The level of resistance is 4 points out of 10. For this reason, the variety is in dire need of protection for the entire season. The level of farming should be very high.
Basic ground requirements
We are preparing a plot for planting grapes.
The following requirements are imposed on soil:
- moisture level - medium,
- groundwater level - from 1.5 m.,
- absence of bushes and trees near
- careful lighting
- no blowing.
The best place to land is the south side of the building.