Perennial woody vine with toning, tonic properties. It is appreciated in folk and traditional medicine, widely used in pharmacology. Beneficial effect on the cardiovascular, respiratory system, stimulates the central nervous system, increases physical and intellectual performance.
Medicinal properties and contraindications of Schizandra Chinese were discovered 15 centuries ago. Its healing power was discovered by chance, and in terms of toning qualities, the plant ranks second after ginseng. In China, there are many legends and beliefs associated with this vine. From Chinese, its name literally translates as "berry of five tastes." Why is that? Because in the plant, indeed, collected 5 tastes according to Chinese tradition. The flesh is sour, the seeds are bitter and sharp, the rind of the fruit is sweet, and the medicine prepared is salty. The Russian name "lemongrass" reflects another distinctive feature of this plant - its pleasant lemon scent emanating from fruits, young shoots, leaves.
Features Lemongrass Chinese
In Russia in the first half of the 19th century, the well-known botanist N. S. Turchaninov was studying this plant, then at the end of the 19th century the botanist VL Komarov described the liana. He was interested not only in biological features, but also in the use of lemongrass. The scientist lived among the Far Eastern Nanai, wrote down stories about miraculous healings, studied the characteristics of the treatment with fruits and leaves of vines. However, clinical trials of this medicinal plant began to be carried out only during the Great Patriotic War. It is known that the plant was given to wounded soldiers in hospitals for a speedy recovery.
In the wild, liana grows in Korea, China, and Japan. It is also well acclimatized in the Far East, therefore, it received another name - Far Eastern Schizandra. This is the same kind of plant. It can be seen on Sakhalin Island, in the Amur region, on the Kuril Islands, on the coast of the Tatar Strait. Liana grows in conifers (mostly in cedar) and deciduous forests. He loves the valleys of mountain rivers, edges, clearing, cutting. You will not meet her in the floodplains, on flooded soils. The plant can be seen on higher ground (not higher than 600 m). It belongs to the light-loving plants, although it withstands long-term darkening. Usually grows in groups, creating thick bushes over time.
In other regions of Russia, lemongrass is cultivated as an ornamental plant at botanical stations. Experienced gardeners grow it not only for beauty, but also for medical purposes. In addition, the plant is a good honey plant.
What does Chinese lemongrass look like? This is a woody perennial vine, which can reach a height of 15 m and above. Frost-resistant subspecies with a height of up to 4 m grow in the northern regions. Liana spirals around tall tree trunks nearby. Its main stems are dark brown, rough, up to 2 cm in diameter. Young shoots are smooth, with yellowish bark. The leaves of lemongrass have an elliptical shape, reach a maximum length of 10 cm and a width of 5 cm. It is easy to recognize the plant by its beautiful, bright red fruits collected in a brush up to 10 cm long.
What is Crimean Lemongrass
The plant Chinese Schizandra and Crimean Schizandra have nothing in common. Crimean lemongrass is called Crimean irongrass, or Tatar-tea, shepherd-tea. This is a herb with light yellow flowers. When brewing, the grass acquires a pronounced lemon taste and smell (hence the name). It is found only in the Crimea and also applies to medicinal plants. Used as a wound healing, anti-inflammatory and tonic. Broths and infusions of herbs strengthen the immune system, the locals drink them to prevent respiratory diseases.
Nutrients are found in different parts of the plant - in fruits, leaves, stems, young shoots, bark. There are many organic acids and vitamins of group B, vitamin C, fiber, and trace elements in lemongrass. Most fatty oils and tonic substances are found in the seeds of the plant, and in the bark and leaves - many essential oils.
What are the healing properties of Schizandra Chinese?
- Toning and tonic. Lemongrass-based preparations stimulate the nervous activity, heart and respiratory system. This is due to a substance called schizandrin, which excites the central nervous system.
- Immunostimulating. The substances contained in the plant strengthen the immune system. Tinctures and decoctions useful to drink in the cold season for the prevention of SARS, flu, colds.
- Psychostimulant. This medicinal plant restores not only physical strength, but also strengthens the mental resources of the body, improves mental performance and memory, relieves fatigue, apathy and drowsiness.
- Adaptogenic. It helps the body to adapt in difficult environmental conditions - high mountains, in cold or hot climates. Like ginseng and eleutherococcus, this plant strengthens physical strength during heavy loads, it is recommended to athletes, climbers, tourists, military, people of physically difficult and dangerous professions.
- Improves metabolism. The plant contains biologically active substances that have a beneficial effect on metabolic processes in the body. Lemongrass lowers blood sugar levels, improves blood circulation.
- Lemongrass raises or lowers blood pressure? Some herbalists write about the regulatory function of Schizandra, that is, it levels blood pressure: when necessary, it increases, and if necessary, it lowers, expanding peripheral vessels. In other sources it is mentioned that berries are drunk under reduced pressure, and seeds - at elevated. In the third editions they write that lemongrass is drunk only under reduced pressure. But you need to rely on the medical point of view. The instructions for use of lemongrass indicate that the drug increases blood pressure and is effective in asthenic syndrome, that is, with a breakdown and reduced pressure.
The instructions rarely mention the secretory function of Schizandra. It can be used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (in particular, in gastritis with low acidity), to normalize digestion, improve intestinal motility.
What diseases, symptoms and conditions are included in the list of indications for the use of Chinese magnolia vine?
- Asthenia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Weak stress resistance.
- Hard physical labor.
- Emotional stress.
- Sexual dysfunction in men because of nerves.
- Vegetative dystonia.
- Prevention of viral respiratory diseases.
- Decreased visual acuity.
Phytopreparation is also prescribed in complex therapy to restore the body after serious diseases.
Contraindications Schizandra Chinese:
- any infections in the acute period,
- chronic liver, kidney, heart,
- mental disorders
- nervous agitation, insomnia,
- congenital pathologies of the central nervous system,
- epilepsy, convulsions,
- traumatic brain injury, increased intracranial pressure,
- individual intolerance, allergic reaction.
Attention should be paid to the medicinal interaction of the plant with other drugs. It is not recommended to take it with such drugs:
- nervous system stimulants (this also includes herbal preparations of ginseng and eleutherococcus),
Alcohol, coffee, strong tea are also contraindicated during the course of therapy. Lemongrass can be harmful to health, increasing the effect of other drugs, or, conversely, can inhibit their therapeutic effect.
- Pills . The composition of the drug - lemongrass fruit extract and flavonoid complex "Terra-plant". Tablets are recommended as a mild tonic. Thanks to flavonoids, this herbal remedy normalizes heart rate, blood pressure, strengthens the walls of capillaries, stimulates the work of the adrenal cortex. The tablets are produced in 500 and 900 mg, they need to be absorbed, so that the plant extract is absorbed more efficiently. Allowable rate - 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment lasts no more than 4 weeks.
- Syrup In addition to Chinese lemongrass, rosehip extract and vitamin C are part of the preparation. This adaptogenic agent can be taken once a day in this dosage: for treatment - 30 ml (2 tbsp), for prevention - 15 ml (1 tbsp). The course of treatment should not exceed 3 weeks; prophylactically, the syrup can be drunk no more than 4 times a year. Phytopreparation is available in bottles of 150 ml, it can be stored for 2 years.
- Powder. The Chinese have found an effective way of processing and applying the fruits of lemongrass - they make powder from them and export to Europe. This medicinal raw material can be ordered in China. It is not recommended to purchase large amounts of raw materials, because in this form it loses healing properties more quickly. Powder can be taken in a dry form, and you can brew and drink in the form of decoctions.
- Tincture. This is the most common dosage form that can be bought without a prescription in a Russian pharmacy. This drug is made from the seeds of lemongrass based on 95% alcohol. There are forms of release of 25 and 50 ml. Tincture is often prescribed for the treatment of asthenic syndrome. The drug acts quickly - after 30-40 minutes you can feel a surge of strength and vitality, increases physical activity, performance and improves mood. Effective drug for 4-6 hours. Permissible single dose for adults - 25 drops. The tincture can be drunk 2 or 3 times a day for 25 days. Read more about the infusion of Schisandra Chinese, read our other article.
- Fruits. Dried berries creepers can be purchased at the pharmacy. How to brew fruit? From them you can prepare water infusions, teas, decoctions, syrups, compotes. Also from the dry fruit make alcohol tinctures.
- Butter . Essential oil of Schisandra Chinese is used in cosmetology and aromatherapy, often used as massage oil in combination with other oils. The drug moisturizes, regenerates, tightens the skin, has anti-aging properties. Also, the oil is added to creams, lotions, soaps.
- Herbal tea. In its composition, in addition to lemongrass, includes rose hips and rhizome tea kopechnik. This drug is called "Lemongrass with Herbs." There is another herbal remedy called “Blueberry mix”, which includes: fruits of bilberry, dog rose, lemongrass, black chokeberry, as well as petals of a Sudanese rose. How to brew and take herbal tea? One filter bag of tea is poured with a glass of boiling water and infused for 15 minutes. To ½ cup of drink in the morning and afternoon.
How to cook at home
The use of lemongrass berries at home - the most diverse. Berries can not only be treated, but also regale. Of course, the inhabitants of the Far East know best about the intricacies of using this plant in cooking. From the fruits of lemongrass here make teas, compotes, jellies, jams, juice, homemade wine. In Primorsky and Khabarovsk krai, for example, they produce industrially produced lemongrass juice, which is then used in pharmacology. And in the confectionery industry use the filling for candy from the pulp of berries.
- Pour 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried berries of lemongrass with a glass of boiling water.
- Insist 1 hour.
This water infusion can be taken on a tablespoon 3 times a day.
Preparation of alcohol tinctures
- Take 2 tbsp. spoons of dried fruits of Chinese magnolia.
- Pour in 10 tbsp. spoons of vodka (alcohol 40%).
- Insist for 7 days in a warm place.
Take the tincture of 30 (maximum dose) drops 2 or 3 times a day and washed down with water. The course of treatment lasts a month.
- One teaspoon of dry lemongrass pour a glass of boiling water.
- Hold in a water bath for 3-5 minutes.
- Insist 20 minutes, strain.
The broth can be drunk a tablespoon 2-3 times a day. Store in a cold place no more than a day.
Lemongrass Compote Recipe
- Wash and peel fresh lemongrass fruit.
- Put in 0.5 liter jars.
- Fill with boiling syrup made from sugar and water (1: 1).
- Pasteurize in the oven at 90 ° C for 10–15 minutes.
- Seal the jars tightly.
In compote, despite the heat treatment, the useful properties of the plant are preserved.
- Take 1 tbsp. spoonful of dried stalks, bark, lemongrass leaves.
- Put 1 teaspoon of green tea.
- Fill with liter of boiling water.
- Insist no more than 5 minutes.
You can drink throughout the day, adding honey to tea. This is a good tool for the prevention of SARS.
The seeds of Schisandra Chinese contain the most nutrients, stimulants. Therefore, for the preparation of concentrated tinctures and decoctions take exactly the seeds, and for a softer action, you can brew berries, stems and leaves of liana.
Useful properties of Chinese Schizandra are well studied in pharmacology and traditional medicine. The plant is primarily valuable tonic, adaptogenic effect. From this medicinal raw materials prepare tinctures, teas, syrups, decoctions, compotes. Due to the powerful stimulatory effects of lemongrass should be taken only on prescription.
What it looks like
Appearance (photo) of Schizandra Chinese Lemongrass Chinese - Deciduous Liana, which reaches 15 meters in length in the southern regions, not more than 4 meters in the northern regions. The stem is 2 cm in diameter, curls on a support, covered with flaky bark of a dark brown shade. Shoots smooth with yellowish bark.
Leaves with a wedge-shaped base, elliptical. in length up to 10 cm, width up to 5 cm. The leaves are dark green, pointed apex. There is a pubescence on the leaf veins. Parts of the plant with a pleasant lemon scent.
The plant Chinese magnolia vine is monoecious, the flowers are dioecious, but sometimes it happens that there are only male flowers on the liana. The diameter of the flowers is up to 1.5 cm. The flowers are white with a distinct aroma, by the end of the flowering period they turn pink. After flowering, the receptacle grows, brushes are formed, and the berries of the Chinese Schizandra are on them.
The seed core is horseshoe-shaped, yellow in color with one pointed and one rounded end. In the bulk of the seed is the endosperm. Under the magnifying glass in the endosperm, you can see the embryo. If you grind it, you will feel a bitter-burning, spicy aroma.
The plant grows in Primorsky, Khabarovsk, the Kuriles, Sakhalin and off the coast of the Tatar Strait. Predominantly grows in mixed forests. Wild and domesticated varieties of lemongrass are found in Korea, Japan and China.
Locations of magnolia Chinese:
- cedar, deciduous forests,
- edges, meadows, fells,
- wet valleys of streams and rivers
- old logging.
Grows in groups, forms thickets. In the mountains, the plant can be found up to a height of 600 meters above sea level. It prefers lighted places, but at an early age can grow in shaded spaces.
The plant selects areas with loamy or sandy soil. Drainable valleys of small rivers are considered optimal for growth. In the northern regions almost does not bear fruit.
Chinese lemongrass fruit
The berries of Chinese lemongrass are dried and harvested for several years. The plant is considered medicinal and vegetable raw materials. It is used in folk medicine, cooking, perfumery and cosmetic industry to create spirits with spicy-lemon flavors. Designers put lemongrass on the dacha plots as a landscape design.
In the last century, fruits of Schisandra Chinese were used by hunters as food during a hunt. In the juice of the berries, the sugar content is -1, -1.5%, which allows you to get enough and recuperate.
In cooking, berries are prepared for filling for sweets, jellies, jams and soft drinks. The juice of the fruit is used to complement the bouquet of wines, make tea, which has a delicate, lemon flavor.
In Chinese Schizandra, properties have a beneficial pharmacological effect:
- wound healing.
The plant activates potency, stimulates the central nervous system and normalizes blood pressure.. Drugs based on it are indicated for drowsiness, loss of strength, toxemia during pregnancy.
It helps in the treatment of skin diseases, bronchitis, diseases of the digestive tract and liver. Lemongrass Chinese for men and women used as a tonic and aphrodisiac.
Lignans activate the central nervous system, they are called adaptogens. Adaptogens are natural substances that improve the performance of all body systems in stressful situations.
Plant-based drugs are prescribed when physical or mental activity is planned, a change in diet, climate. Lemongrass is popular with people who go to the mountains. В экстремальных условиях кислородного голодания организму требуется подпитка, энергия и постоянное восстановление сил.
В рецептах лекарств на основе лимонника китайского инструкция по применению включает обработанное и высушенное сырье. To properly prepare parts of a plant, you need to know when to collect, how to dry and store the plant.
The bark is harvested in the spring, the stems - in the fruiting season. The leaves can be collected in August during the blooming, which will ensure maximum availability of useful components in them.
Berry pick in the period from August to September. Fully ripened berries have a bitter-sour taste and juicy flesh. With one bush you can get 3−4 kg of ripe berries.
Cut the fruit gently so as not to damage the plant. If at assembly the trunk of liana is damaged, then the plant will not bear fruit.
Do not collect the fruits in metal dishes, as the oxidation process will occur, and harmful compounds will form in the juice. Recycle berries within 24 hours after picking.
Dry the fruit under a canopy for several days, and then sort out suitable and unsuitable. Be sure to mix parts of the plant for uniform drying. Next, dry the berries in the oven at 60 degrees.
Fruits processed in this way will retain useful properties for several years. Properly dried fruits must be firm, irregular in shape, have a spicy taste.
How to apply
They make broths and tinctures from the berries of the Chinese Schizandra, and they also make jam. The Schisandra Chinensis has the use of indications and as a preventive measure. Regularly taking lemongrass, you will improve your emotional state, restore an erection, normalize sleep and maintain activity throughout the day.
An effective combination of nutritional components and healing properties of lemongrass has a beneficial effect on the adrenal glands.
Chinese researchers believe that it is in them that sexual energy accumulates.
Tincture for potency
Chinese lemongrass tincture for potency effectively helps in the absence of libido. Cooking tincture is not difficult. Cooked alcohol tincture store in a dark place.
- Fruit of the plant - 10 gr.
- Vodka - 50 ml.
How to cook: Fill the berries with vodka and leave for 10 days in a dark place. Shake tincture daily. After 10 days, strain.
How to use: Use tincture 1 time per day, 1 tsp in the morning.
Result: Chinese lemongrass for potency activates sexual desire, gives strength and improves mood.
Decoction for weight loss
In folk medicine, use all parts of the plant, they are made from the oil of Chinese lemongrass, cool tea, infusion, decoction, or prepare the juice for the winter. The simplest and most effective is a decoction of the plant.
Fruits, roots and shoots are suitable for brewing. A decoction is used for weight loss - it increases energy waste, acts as an additional component in diets, normalizes cholesterol levels, removes slags and toxins. Chinese lemongrass for weight loss - an effective tool to combat excess weight.
- Shoots, fruits or roots - 15 gr.
- Boiled water - 1 liter.
How to cook: Grind raw materials and pour boiling water. Leave to infuse in a sealed container for 5 minutes.
How to use: Take no more than 1 time per day, 1-2 tablespoons l. If necessary, dilute the decoction with plain water.
Result: If you regularly take a decoction, you will lose up to 10 kg.
There are about 20 varieties in total. In Russia, only 2 species are grown.
Garden variety is a creeper up to 2 meters high with fruits of bright red color. The weight of the fruit brush garden lemongrass reaches 12.5 grams. The leaves are soft, shiny, egg-shaped. Each brush has 20−25 fruits. Up to 2 kg of useful berries can be collected from each plant.
Variety Pervenets - first bred in Russia. The Firstborn ripens in late August. Fruit brush with a clear lemon smell. Fruit weight 15 grams. The form of the brush is cylindrical with 35−40 fruits on each. The berries are round, red, sour.
Ellipse-shaped leaves, pointed at the end, with sparse teeth. Blooms white or pink flowers. The fruits ripen in August and September. The variety Firstborn is relatively unpretentious in growing. It grows well in any region of Russia.
For details on planting lemongrass, see the video:
What to remember
- The plant has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, firming and wound healing properties.
- Outside they use Chinese lemongrass for the face and body as a disinfectant and sedative.
- Men and women consume lemongrass to improve their libido, immunity and mood.
- Fruits are harvested before the first frost.
- During pregnancy and lactation, taking plant-based drugs should only be prescribed by a doctor.
Please support the project - tell about us
Shizandra in the wild
In its natural environment, the vine reaches more than 20 m in length. A woody stalk wraps around the trunks and branches of any trees, sometimes leading them to death.
In spring, small white flowers are revealed. Under different conditions of growth and due to age changes on one plant, flowers can be male and female. On young plants, male flowers are formed more often, as they grow older - female ones. Insects pollinate them, which attracts a pleasant aroma emanating from the flowers. The appearance of the anther, as if split, gave the plant the scientific name Schisandra chinensis from the Latin words schisio - split, split and andros - male.
Creepers are deciduous and evergreen. Of these, only one is found in mixed forests of the Far East and Sakhalin - deciduous liana. She prefers to settle in lighted areas along streams, on forest edges. He does not like highly moist soil. Russian scientists began to study the medicinal properties of Chinese magnolia vine only at the end of the XIX century. In the Soviet Union were tested on athletes, after which the deciduous vine has officially received the status of a medicinal plant.
China is considered the birthplace of shizandra, where it is known and widely used for more than 15 centuries. There are many beautiful legends about its origin and benefits. The Chinese call the round red fruits of a shrub a berry of five tastes: peel with sour, sweet inside, bitter seeds, the taste of the whole fruit is salty. In addition to China and the Far Eastern territories of Russia, it grows in Korea and Japan.
Cultivation of Chinese lemongrass
The climate of the middle zone and the south of Russia allows gardeners to grow deciduous vine. To obtain raw materials on an industrial scale, it is cultivated on special plantations. Shizandra is moderately moisture-loving, therefore it is necessary to conduct good drainage of the soil so that there is no stagnation of water. It does not hurt to provide light partial shade, because the open sun adversely affects the development of the plant. The adult liana is frost-resistant, in severe frosts only annual shoots can be damaged. Young plants for the winter is recommended to cover with dry leaves.
Chinese magnolia can be propagated as raspberries, because the roots are close to the surface. It can be diluted in other ways: layering, cuttings, dividing the bush and less often - seeds.
The plant is quite tenacious, for the season can grow up to one and a half meters. The height of cultivated lemongrass reaches 4 m.
In the form of medicinal raw materials are most often used seeds, fruits and bark vines, sometimes the stems and roots of vines are used.
The bark is harvested in spring, the stems are cut in the berry season. The leaves accumulate flavonoids by early August, at which time they are recommended to be harvested. And more juicy coloring at leaves from the shaded part of a plant. These leaves will be the best raw material with a high content of essential oils, trace elements and a more saturated lemon scent.
The berries are harvested fully matured from September to frost. Metal utensils are unsuitable for harvesting. The raw materials used are dried fruit, juice, seeds.
The collected material must be carefully prepared for long-term storage. At home, first kept in a ventilated area, then adjusted to the desired condition in the oven. Well dried and carefully selected raw materials can retain useful properties for up to 4 years. Lemongrass raw materials are used in practical medicine, in cooking and winemaking, in perfumery and cosmetology.
Cooks prepare jelly, stewed fruit, teas, jams and preserves. Fruits are added to candy, produce marmalade.
Winemakers keep up with them, using berry juice to diversify the wine bouquet. Perfumers use lemongrass essential oils with its inherent specific aroma. Lemongrass sprouts can be useful for preparing a hair rinse with a strengthening effect.
Composition and medicinal properties
The healing properties of lemongrass are widely known. In Chinese, it is second only to ginseng in terms of utilization. All parts of schizandra - from the roots to the tips of the leaves - heals the soul and body of a person:
- fruits increase efficiency, concentrate attention and endurance, mobilize the whole body during stress,
- decoctions or teas from the leaves relieve fatigue, facilitate morning awakening, provide the body with ascorbic acid, preventing the disease of scurvy (from the Greek "scurvy" - scurvy),
- bark infusion vitaminizes the body, treats scurvy,
- an infusion of root and rhizomes helps with respiratory diseases and impaired potency,
- drugs from the branches of vines reduce pressure, eliminate drowsiness,
- the seeds contain vitamin E, which has a positive effect on vision.
The beneficial effect of schizandra on the body due to its chemical composition. The fruits of Schisandra Chinese contain:
- malic, citric and tartaric organic acids,
- sugar and pectin,
- mineral salts,
- fatty oil
- vitamin C in large quantities,
- vitamins B 1, B 2 and E,
- trace elements.
But the exceptional quality of Schizandra Chinese is the presence of lignins (schizandrin, schizandrol). They have a stimulating effect on the body. Lignins are contained in the essential oils present in all parts of the plant, especially in the bark.
First of all, the pharmacy will offer tincture of lemongrass seeds. Seeds contain schizandrin, which excites the nervous system, increases efficiency, has a positive effect on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. The tincture is drunk as an expectorant. For the prevention of influenza and viral diseases, 15 drops are taken each month, diluted in a small amount of water, in the morning and in the afternoon. The use of tincture in the evening can lead to over-stimulation and insomnia. After two weeks of break, if necessary, the doctor will prescribe a new course of treatment.
In pharmacy items represented a large number of different teas. They include the collection of herbs that complement or reinforce the effect of Chinese magnolia. Drink as usual tea, but not more than two cups a day.
Schizander in pharmacies sell in tablets or capsules as a dietary supplement. A convenient form of release allows you to control the dose of medication.
The easiest recipes
Schizandra, unlike ginseng, grown in cultural conditions, is as useful as a wild plant. Gardener lovers can easily prepare natural medicines for themselves and their families. Seven of the easiest ways to prepare drugs and the rules for their use:
- Dry seeds of lemongrass grind into powder. They contain more tocopherol than in the fruit. Significantly improve night vision, useful for human eyes, a lot of time spending on the computer. Take dry powder up to 2 g per day.
- Seeds are an aphrodisiac that stimulates sexual activity. In China, impotence, which arose against the background of overwork, is treated with a long course. For this, in the morning and in the afternoon after eating, take the powder at the tip of the knife. And in parallel within two weeks they eat berries up to 15 pieces.
- Leaves contain more vitamin C than fruits. Therefore, for the prevention of scurvy, a decoction of them is taken. Dry leaves (1 tsp) are poured with boiling water (200 ml), kept for 5 minutes in a water bath and infused for another half hour. Strained solution is taken on an empty stomach three times a day, 3 tbsp. l This decoction is also useful for the prevention of periodontal disease.
- Infusion of seeds of Schisandra Chinese accompanies a pleasant lemon scent. At 1 tbsp. l seed will need a glass of boiling water. After 2 hours, strain the infusion. It is not recommended to brew in a thermos, as the aroma and beneficial substances will be lost. During the day, consume 60 ml. A long cough, inflammatory processes of the skin and mucous membranes are treated. Beauticians use for oily skin with dilated pores.
- Tincture of the berries is prepared on high-quality vodka in proportion to 50 g of vodka and 10 g of raw materials. Store in a dark place for 10 days, shaking the container daily. Take 5 ml each morning for depression and sleep disturbance for two weeks.
- Tincture of seeds is prepared in proportion to 20 g of raw material. ½ cup of vodka is necessary. Two weeks aged in a dark place. Capacity required daily shake. Accepted 30 drops before meals three times a day. It has a positive effect on male libido.
- Leaf tea is brewed in the usual way. To use in the first half of the day with overwork, high loads, vigorous brain activity, drowsiness.
Consultation with a doctor is necessary before taking medicinal products with Chinese lemongrass.
Description of Chinese Schizandra
The country of origin of lemongrass is considered to be China, where it still grows wild. As well as a plant Chinese Schizandra occurs in many places in the Far East of Russia, in Western and South Korea, in Japan. The presence of drained, sandy soils in the region is its main criterion of growth. It grows mainly in the lower part of the slopes, near water at the level of 200-400 meters relative to the level of the reservoir.
The habitat of Schizandra is considered to be broad-leaved and mixed, valley and mountain slopes, shrubs, forest edges and sparse places, valleys of rivers and streams. Prefers rich in organic matter soils. The leaves of this plant are painted in a light green color. The flowers are white in color, very similar to honeycombs with wax. The plant begins to bear fruit only with a sufficient amount of light, although the young Schizandra perfectly tolerates the shadow areas.
Flowering plant begins in late May, the beginning of June, in the warm season. The fruit of the plant has a bright red color and looks very juicy. Their full maturation occurs at the end of summer or at the beginning of autumn, depending on the temperature regime during this period. Lemongrass produces a crop of up to 30 kg of berries per hectare during the year, and up to three kilograms of seeds per hectare. But, if the plant is not given enough attention, that is, not pruning and feeding the shrubs in a timely and regular manner, lemongrass will bear fruit in a year.
Seeds, berries and bark of this plant are considered the most useful parts of Chinese Schizandra, they have healing properties. The berries of this plant were called by the inhabitants of China from time immemorial the fruits of five tastes. And it is not in vain, because the shell of the berries tastes sweet with a slight salty taste, the seeds taste bitter and resinous, but the juice that produces lemongrass is very sour.
Chinese lemongrass grows, twisting the trunks of trees and shrubs, while reaching 15 meters in height. The plant has a branching, wrinkled stem, 1.5–2 cm thick, with many longitudinal lentils. From the age of lemongrass depends on the color of its stem. Young shoots have a yellowish, shiny bark, but in old specimens the bark is dark brown.
Leaves with a wedge-shaped base, elliptical, weakly fleshy have a regular arrangement on the branches. The upper side of the leaf is dark green and the bottom is pale. Leaf tops pointed.
On the long, thin pedicels are flowers of lemongrass, which have a pinkish or white color and fragrant pleasant aroma. The flowering period lasts from early May to mid-June. The receptacle of the plant, at the end of flowering time, grows into a spike-shaped multi-fruited brush, consisting of 20–25 red juicy berries.
Chinese lemongrass: useful properties
It is medicinal properties that determine the value of the use of Chinese Schizandra. The use of this plant in the pharmaceutical industry, it is known from far times Ancient china, where they began to develop for the first time the possibilities of this unique product. Over time, almost all global manufacturers of pharmacological products, turned their attention to the medicinal properties of Schisandra Chinese.
The medicinal properties of this medicinal plant are manifested in the restoration of the strength of the human body, in the removal of fatigue and an increase in the acuity of night vision. The property of this plant has a calming effect on the central nervous system. At the same time, it tones and stimulates the work of the whole organism.
Internal use of all components of the plant, stimulates reflex excitability also increases the light sensitivity of the organs of vision, enhances the positive reflexes of the body, activates процесс регенерации и обмен веществ, повышает биологические иммунные рефлексы.
Лимонник китайский специалисты рекомендуют применять при инфекционных и хронических заболеваниях, при общем упадке сил организма, язвах, гнойниках, ранах и ожогах. The use of lemongrass stimulates the respiratory, cardiac and vascular systems of the human body.
It helps to increase blood pressure, quickly restores strength during mental and physical fatigue, while maintaining a good overall performance of the body. Very good results gives the use of this plant to enhance the motor secretion of the digestive tract, as well as to tone up the muscles of the skeleton.
The use of Chinese lemongrass is important for the following diseases:
- Allows you to get rid of pneumonia, bronchial asthma and prolonged cough.
- Affects positively on the composition of blood.
- You can avoid with it the complications of diabetes.
- Sweating decreases.
- Effectively used in gastric disorders.
- Its use is recommended in the treatment of severe menstruation.
- Heals ulcers on the skin.
- Effectively protects against flu.
- Increases immunity.
- Keeps youth longer
According to scientists, the seeds and fruits of lemongrass are also used safely for psychogogic effects on the body.
The bark and leaves are wonderful antiscorbutic agent. Of these components, therapeutic tea is brewed for preventive purposes.
Like ginseng, Chinese lemongrass belongs to the strongest stimulant, whose action is performed on a natural basis.
Planting Chinese Schizandra
If you decide to grow lemongrass Chinese yourself, you need to start with the following actions:
- Particular attention should be paid to the composition of the soil, preferably using natural soil. Sandy soils that are located near a cliff to avoid water stagnation will be considered ideal for growing lemongrass. If it is impossible under natural conditions to fulfill these requirements, you will have to artificially pour a bed higher.
- To create maximum soil fertility, it is necessary to add additives to the sand. Given that the root system of schisandra is superficial, it should be for the active growth of the tree, all fertilizers, before the appearance of the fruit, be applied in a liquid state. By adding liquid organic fertilizers to the soil, the function of watering a young plant is also performed. This simple procedure, you need to perform all summer, and to produce it weekly.
- After the beginning of the fruiting of the tree, it is necessary to stop the implementation of the feeding process, it may even be watering, because the lemongrass is a little lethargy. It will be necessary to fertilize the soil again in the fall, which will help to improve the harvest and the formation of female beautiful flowers. Even branches that were masculine can be replaced by a mixed type.
- In order for the tree not to be too thick, it is necessary to regularly prune its crown, which in future will contribute to higher yields. Pollinating plants occurs by insects or wind.
- The reproduction of lemongrass shoots is allowed. This procedure is best performed after the spring thaw, in the warm season.
- To improve the fruiting of the plant, its branches must be supported on an artificial support.
Remember that non-observance of these conditions can reduce all your efforts to useless work. And also do not forget about the need for timely watering the soil under the trees, it will save the seeds lemongrass from winter freezing.
Collection and preparation of Chinese Schizandra
Fruits, leaves, bark and lemongrass seeds are considered to be an excellent medicine. The bark of the plant must be collected in the spring, and the stems during the fruiting shrub. The collection of leaves should be carried out in the phase of their blooming in order to produce flavonoids, but in order to obtain mucus from the leaves, the collection process should be carried out during leaf fall. It is better to start collecting leaves and stems in August, cutting off the already unproductive old vines. Then they are crushed and spread out in a thin layer, for drying under a canopy, while you need to stir the mixture periodically.
The fruits of the plant should begin to collect after they are fully ripe, the period lasts from September until the first autumn frosts. Using a sharp knife, you need to very carefully cut off the brushes with berries, trying not to damage the vines, because the plant, if you lose support, can stop fruiting. Use of galvanized buckets, as a container for picking berries, is undesirable, as bucket oxidation from the juice of berries may occur. It is better to use baskets, barrels or enameled ware for these purposes. During the day, after picking berries, it is necessary to make their processing.
The fruit of the plant is better to harvest in two ways:
- The fruits taken from the bush should be dried under a canopy for three days. Then the berries must be sorted, removing from them the branches, receptacle and various impurities. After in the oven, at a temperature of 60, the fruits are dried. Fruits processed by this method do not lose their properties for two years.
- The collected berries must be pressed using a hydraulic press. Then, after the end of the fermentation process, it is necessary to wash the fruit under running water. Seed must be separated and dried in ventilation air heaters. And the washed berries themselves should be dried in a dryer at a temperature of 35–40, and then they should be dried at 60–70.
Of course, in one article it is very difficult to describe all the healing properties of such a wonderful, healing and very beautiful plant as Chinese Schizandra. Remember that there are some contraindications when using this plant. If you have problems, with the use of products from lemongrass, it is better to consult a medical specialist for advice.
Harvesting Chinese magnolia vine
When collecting raw lemongrass brush should be plucked very carefully. In no case should not liana with trees and shrubs, tearing large branches of vines, cool bend or cut down trees that serve as a support for lemongrass. Damaged vines usually cease to bear fruit.
Freshly harvested lemongrass is placed in a rigid container - baskets, barrels or enameled buckets. Galvanized buckets should not be used as containers, since they are oxidized from the juice of schisandra. The collected raw materials are delivered to the procurement center as quickly as possible. The fruits that were not sent in a timely manner produce juice on the second day and begin to ferment, which sharply reduces their value.
The juice of the fruit squeezed on a screw or hydraulic presses. After the completion of pectin fermentation in the pulp, the seeds are separated under a strong stream of water from the skin and pulp (pulp) on sieves with a hole diameter of 4-5 mm. To improve the quality of the raw materials, it is necessary to remove from it the seeds floating in water. The washed seeds are dried in air dryers with ventilation. The yield of dry seeds from the mass of raw fruit is about 5%.
Lemongrass fruits are dried on sieves in heat dryers at a temperature of 35-40 ° C and then dried at a temperature of 60-70 ° C, after which they, like the dried seeds, are cleaned of impurities. Lemongrass fruits dry out more than 80%. The diameter of the dried fruit is 5-6 mm, they are irregular in shape with a strongly wrinkled skin of red-brown color.
Chinese lemongrass treatment
Lemongrass Chinese is a valuable medicinal plant and is cultivated in many countries. Both in scientific and in traditional medicine, Chinese lemongrass is used as a powerful tonic for overwork, exhaustion of the nervous system, reduced mental and physical performance, for healing trophic ulcers and long-lasting wounds. Lemongrass contributes to a more prolonged preservation of strength and energy in people engaged in heavy mental or physical labor.
Tincture of berries and leaves of Schizandra to improve performance
Tincture works great as a stimulant of the body, increases strength, protects against colds, lethargy, dystonia, beriberi. There are two general methods of preparing tinctures: from the fruit of schisandra and from the plant itself. Both 70% and 96% alcohol can be used.
- It is necessary to take 1 part of lemongrass fruits (both ripe and dried) and 5 parts of alcohol of 70% concentration, pour the fruits of lemongrass into dark glassware and pour with alcohol. Infuse in a dark cool place for 10 days, shaking the contents periodically. Then the infusion is filtered and stored in a dark, corked glass container in a cool place protected from bright light. The usual method of application: 2 times a day (preferably in the morning and at lunch), 20-30 drops for 20-30 minutes before meals. Course duration - 1 month.
- You need to take 1 part of the cut plant (washed leaves, shoots) into 3 parts of 70% alcohol. In a bowl of dark glass you need to mix the alcohol and the stems and leaves. Insist in a dark and cool place for 8-10 days. Then strain. The tincture of the plant must be taken either on an empty stomach, or 4 hours after eating 2-3 times a day, 20-30 drops. The course is the same: 3-4 weeks.
Tincture from the seeds of Schisandra Chinese
It restores strength, stimulates mental and physical activity, strengthens the body as a whole, is a vitamin complex that improves the functioning of the nervous and immune systems. It is also recommended the use of tincture with an increase in acidity of the stomach, hypotension, drowsiness, loss of attention, during the period of physical and mental adaptation, with the deterioration of various sensitivities (hearing, vision, etc.).
- 50 g of lemongrass seeds
- 0.5 liters of vodka
Rinse the seeds of lemongrass well to remove leftover berries. Then chop them thoroughly and fill with vodka. Put in a dark place for 14 days. The finished tincture is used 25 drops up to 3 times a day.
To enhance physical and mental activity, you can prepare an infusion of lemongrass berries. Both fresh and dried berries are suitable. The dried fruits of lemongrass must be brewed as tea and drink to raise the tone of the body and relieve fatigue, as well as against scurvy. How to dry? Slightly dried berries of lemongrass should be put on a baking sheet in a single layer and put in a baking sheet in the oven, preheated to 60 C. It should be dried in 3 4 doses for several days.
Infusion of Chinese Schizandra berries
- 15 g fruits of lemongrass
- 300 ml of boiling water
Pour the chopped berries with boiling water, heat over low heat, without boiling, for 15 minutes. Take 1 tablespoon 2 3 times a day, but not later than 5 hours before bedtime.
For the winter, lemongrass can be prepared in the form of fresh berries in sugar. Very effective means to be always in good working form.
Fresh berries of lemongrass in sugar
The berries are lightly dried, covered with sugar in a 1: 2 ratio, mixed, placed in glass jars, covered with lids or paper and stored in a cool place. Used as an additive to tea.
Multiply the strength of tea or infusion of leaves and shoots of lemongrass, both fresh and dried. Leaves, stems, bark of lemongrass affect the body more gently than berries and preparations from berries, because they have less tonic substances than in fruits. Infusion and tea relieves well depression.
In August, it is advisable to prepare the leaves and the young (one- and two-year-old) shoots, chop them, arrange them in a thin layer on paper and dry in a shaded place that is well ventilated. Then put in storage in a dark cool place. Can be stored in fabric bags.
How to make juice from berries of Chinese lemongrass
Wash the berries, squeeze the juice in the juicer. Ready juice pour into clean jars and sterilize, hermetically seal. Store in a cool place. For use, 1 teaspoon of lemongrass juice is diluted in 200 ml of hot water. Juice is added to tea or coffee 1-1.5 teaspoons 2 times a day with a decrease in tone and fatigue.
Washed berries squeeze in a juicer. The remaining marc is filled with hot water 1: 1 and again squeeze the juice. The juice of the first and second spinning mix, strain, pour into an enamel pan, heat to 95 ° C and hot pour into banks. Sterilize banks, hermetically seal. Store in a cool place.
After making the juice from the fruits of lemongrass, we still have push-ups. Wine can be made from these margins, which will not only give strength to perform any work, increase tone, but also quench your thirst.
Alcohol tincture of lemongrass
This tincture is sold in pharmacies, but you can make it at home. It is used as a vitamin, tonic, tonic, improves the work of the nervous and immune systems, especially good for asthenia and nervous breakdown.
- 20 g of ripe or dry fruits of lemongrass
- 100 ml of 70% alcohol
Chop the berries of lemongrass, pour into a dark glass bottle, pour in alcohol, close tightly and leave for 10 days at room temperature in a dark place. The bottle must be shaken from time to time. After this, strain the tincture, squeeze out the berries and insist for two more days, then strain again. Now the tincture should be transparent. Take 20 30 drops 2 times a day, in the morning and at lunch 30 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is from 20 to 35 days.
Tonic tea from Schisandra Chinese
Chop leaves or branches of lemongrass, pour boiling water, insist as usual tea. This tonic tea has a pleasant taste. Berries, leaves and lemongrass bark are used as an antiscorbutic.
Tea made from leaves or branches of lemongrass is an excellent substitute for natural tea. It is a beautiful golden color, perfectly relieves fatigue, soothes, adds strength, refreshes in the heat, has the aroma of lemon.
The leaves and stems have a milder effect than the berries of lemongrass, as they have less tonic substances.
Water infusion of leaves and infusions of lemongrass bark has long been used by folk medicine as an excellent vitamin and anti-scorbent.
Medicinal properties, contraindications and recipes - from the book TA Litvinova "The great medicine of the Chinese emperors for 1000 diseases. Lemongrass: how to be treated and how to grow.
Lemongrass is a woody vine, the leaves and stems of which have a pleasant lemon scent. This plant grows predominantly in South-East Asia and in the Far Eastern coniferous-deciduous forests.
Lemongrass is often called the "fruit of five tastes." Thus, the skin has a sour taste, the flesh is sweet, the seeds are bitter-astringent, and the berries are salty. Having bitten lemongrass berries, at first you feel acid, then - tarry aroma and bitterness, then - sweet taste, which turns into salty and fresh.
Lemongrass is inferior in its tonic properties only to ginseng.
In total there are from 14 to 25 types of lemongrass. Scientists still can not come to a consensus regarding the number of varieties of this plant. But for medicinal purposes, only two are used - Chinese (or Far Eastern) Schizandra and Crimean (Crimean iron), the first species being used in the overwhelming majority of cases, and the second is not a woody liana. Let's take a closer look at these two types of plants.
Crimean lemongrass (Crimean ironworks)
Crimean lemongrass is an endemic of the Crimea, that is, a plant that grows exclusively on the territory of Crimea (hence its name), and on a rather small territory of it. Crimean zheleznitsa grows on well-warmed sunny rocky steppe slopes, as well as on limestone outcrops and pastures.
Oblong leaves of the plant reach 2.8 cm in length, and have a pleasant lemon smell, so they are used as a tea substitute. Blossoms ferric in the summer.
For medicinal purposes, the stems, leaves, flowers, and inflorescences of the Crimean schisandra are used, which contain the following chemicals:
- vitamin C,
- essential oils,
- fatty oil
- various organic acids.
- wound healing.
The action of Crimean magnolia vine:
- strengthening immunity
- increase potency
- stimulation of the central nervous system,
- normalization of blood pressure.
Preparations of iron products are shown in the following pathologies:
- increased sleepiness
- skin diseases
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract,
- some diseases of the digestive tract and liver.
The following infusion will help to cope with nausea and vomiting: 3 tbsp. Zheleznitsa herbs pour boiling water and leave to infuse for one hour. The infusion is drunk half a cup three times a day.
Growing and picking lemongrass
Today, lemongrass grows not only in natural conditions, but is also cultivated on special plantations (all due to its healing properties). This plant is grown on well-drained and enriched in organic matter, acidic and slightly acidic soils.
Primarily medicinal raw materials are fruits, seeds, leaves, as well as bark of lemongrass.
Bark going in the spring, while the stems - only during the fruiting period.
Leaves It is recommended to collect during the blooming period (in August), which will ensure the presence of flavonoids in them. So, the collected leaves are crushed and laid out in a thin layer under a canopy. Be sure to periodically mix the leaves for uniform drying.
Berries созревают в августе – сентябре месяцах, но собирать их необходимо в период так называемого полного созревания, который длится у лимонника с сентября месяца, и вплоть до наступления осенних заморозков. Зрелые плоды лимонника отличаются горьковато-кислым привкусом и сочной мякотью. В среднем с одного куста можно собрать до трех-четырех килограмм ягод.
Brushes with berries are cut very carefully and carefully with a sharp knife (it is important not to damage the stem of the vine itself, without which the plant will stop fruiting). Fruits can not be collected in a metal dish, because in the process of oxidation in the juice rather harmful compounds are formed. Fruit processing must be done within the first days after harvest.
Fruits for two - three days are dried under a canopy, after which the berries are moved (receptacle, branches and other impurities are separated). Then the berries are dried by means of an oven, the temperature of which should be 60 degrees. Fruits processed in this way retain their medicinal properties for two years.
Properly dried fruits are hard, irregular in shape, have a spicy, but bitter-sour taste.
Seeds Lemongrass is obtained after pressing the juice from the fruit. Berries are squeezed using a hydraulic press. The mixture of crushed berries is slightly moistened and stirred, after which it is covered with gauze and placed in a warm place for fermentation, after which the fruit is thoroughly washed through a sieve under a stream of water. Next, the seeds are separated and dried using air-cooled ventilation dryers, first at a temperature of not more than 40 degrees, and then dried at a temperature of 60 - 70 degrees.
Both berries and seeds are stored in fabric bags or paper bags in a dry place.
Composition and medicinal properties of Schizandra
Lignans are compounds that combine the properties of antioxidants and fiber, preventing the development of cancer.
Lignans have a phytoestrogenic effect, affecting the body as follows:
- lower cholesterol, thereby preventing the formation of sclerotic plaques,
- accelerate the metabolism
- improve oxygen metabolism
- normalize the functioning of the nervous system,
- normalize hormones.
They have antioxidant, choleretic, sedative and anti-inflammatory properties.
- reducing the fragility of blood capillaries,
- normalization of the central nervous system,
- normalization of blood pressure
- heart rate regulation
- stimulation of the adrenal cortex.
Possess bactericidal, laxative, bacteriostatic and immunostimulating action.
- disinfecting wounds
- elimination of pathogenic microbes and bacteria,
- increase immunity.
Properties of lemongrass
- wound healing
- pain killer
Action of lemongrass
- Stimulating the work of the central nervous system by strengthening it, not depleting it (the latter is typical of chemical preparations).
- Stimulating the functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems of a person.
- Increased resistance to oxygen starvation.
- Strengthening and activating the immune system.
- Enhance mental and physical potential.
- Improved appetite.
- Improved vision.
- Increased blood pressure (when combined with certain medicinal plants, pressure is normalized).
- Reducing the heart rate while increasing their amplitude.
- Normalization of metabolism.
- Improved sexual function.
- Stress relief (in particular, promoting the body's resistance to various stressful situations).
- Adaptation of the body to difficult climatic conditions.
- Promoting the accumulation of so-called biologically active energy.
- Rejuvenation of the body.
- Elimination of hangover symptoms.
- Normalization of sleep.
- Decreased blood sugar.
- Elimination of inflammatory processes.
- Stimulation of the stomach.
- Stimulation of labor.
- Normalization of carbohydrate metabolism.
The benefits and harm of lemongrass
1. It improves gastrointestinal function (in particular, motor and secretory functions, which is extremely important for sluggish digestion).
2. Reduces the secretion of gastric glands, making it commonly used in the treatment of gastritis, as well as stomach ulcers.
3. Tones up the smooth muscles of the uterus, which helps to fight female infertility and many gynecological diseases.
4. Tones up skeletal muscles (Schizandra preparations are used in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system).
5. Increase sexual activity.
6. Strengthen potency.
7. They increase the regenerative properties of cells, namely, they tone up the cells of the epidermis, which is used during the treatment of trophic ulcers and difficult healing wounds.
It is also important that the discontinuation of the preparations of lemongrass is not accompanied by weakness and loss of strength (unlike, for example, caffeine and all its derivatives).
With the correct use of the doses indicated by the doctor, Schizandra preparations are absolutely harmless. In addition, they are not formed drug dependence.
Lemongrass preparations enhance the processes of excitation directly in the cerebral cortex, thereby increasing the reflex activity of the central nervous system, which not only stimulates the respiration, but also stimulates the cardiovascular system. This property of the plant helps to focus, develop memory and coordinate movements accurately. Also proven positive effect of lemongrass on the senses: for example, drugs of this plant enhance visual acuity and accelerate the addiction of the eye to the dark.
Lemongrass is used as a tonic and stimulant for the treatment of asthenic and astheno-depressive conditions, psychasthenia, and depressions manifested by the following symptoms:
- fast fatiguability,
- reduced performance
For therapeutic purposes, such parts are used:
The seeds of the plant are used in the treatment of gastritis, and to normalize the acidity of gastric juice. Apply seeds in the form of a powder of no more than 2 g, which are divided into 4 doses (the powder is taken 25 minutes before a meal). Also from the seeds make decoctions and tinctures.
Fruits have a positive effect on conditioned reflex activity, increasing efficiency, improving concentration and endurance.
The leaves of the plant are enriched with essential oils, so they are used in the form of infusions and decoctions in the treatment of scurvy, as well as dysentery in children.
Infusion of lemongrass bark - an excellent vitamin, as well as anti-scorbital remedy.
The roots and rhizomes of lemongrass are rich not only with essential oils, but also with vitamins, therefore, they are shown as a tonic and tonic.
The stems of the plant are used as a stimulant and tonic, as they contain many biologically active substances.
Preparations from the branches of lemongrass reduce blood pressure, eliminate drowsiness and increase the intensity of respiration.
How to brew lemongrass?
For brewing tea, dried lemongrass leaves, bark or young shoots are used. 15 g of raw materials should be poured with one liter of boiling water, and then, without stirring, insist means 5 minutes.
In addition, lemongrass leaves are added to regular tea, which is not recommended to brew in a thermos (this will help to maintain a pleasant lemon flavor). Regular intake of such tea will strengthen the immune system, increasing the body's resistance to colds.
How to use?
Lemongrass preparations are taken on an empty stomach, or four hours after a meal.
Important! The first effect of lemongrass on the body will manifest itself after 40 minutes, and will continue for 4 to 6 hours. But it should be noted that schisandra preparations act on the body not instantaneously: for example, the effect increases gradually (this can take from two to ten weeks), but the positive dynamics will certainly be felt.
Syrup is used in the treatment of hypotension, drowsiness, impotence, as well as chronic infectious diseases and intoxications.
Pharmacy syrup is added to taste in any drinks, although it can be taken as a separate product, a tablespoon three times a day, during the meal. The course is one month.
You can cook the syrup at home. To do this, juice is squeezed out of well-washed berries of lemongrass through 2 layers of gauze, and poured into an enameled pan, to which sugar is added (1.5 l of sugar per 1 liter of lemongrass juice). The resulting mass is heated until the sugar is completely dissolved, and then poured into boiled bottles. Store the syrup in a dark and cool place.
It is shown to eliminate menopausal syndrome, to increase potency, relieve nervous tension and irritability. In addition, lemongrass juice is rubbed into the head with baldness.
To prepare the juice, freshly picked berries of lemongrass are washed and pressed, after which the juice is poured into glass jars and pasteurized for 15 minutes. Hermetically sealed cans are stored in a dark place. Juice is added to tea (1 tsp in a glass of tea) to increase vitality and efficiency.
Schisandra seed oil
Lemongrass oil is considered to be an excellent adaptogenic, tonic and anti-inflammatory agent that improves tone, enhances potency and normalizes digestion. In addition, lemongrass seed oil speeds up the process of wound healing.
This form of the drug is shown to those whose professional activity is associated with hypothermia, overheating, oxygen starvation and ionizing radiation.
The medicinal oil of lemongrass is sold in the form of capsules, which should be taken 2 to 3 pieces a day, after a meal.
This is one of the most convenient forms of Schizandra preparations.
Tablets, the main component of which are fruits of lemongrass, have such an effect:
- prevention of heart disease,
- strengthening of vessels
- increase the body's defenses
- slowing the aging process.
Lemongrass tablets are shown as a fortifying and soft tonic, as well as an additional source of flavonoids.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice - three times a day, for a month.
Recipes with Chinese lemongrass (Far East)
Tincture of berries
It has adaptogenic, tonic, tonic and choleretic action.
One part of the carefully crushed fruits of lemongrass is poured with five parts of 95 percent alcohol (in other words, the tincture is prepared at the rate of 1: 5), after which the container with tincture closes well. Means infused 7 - 10 days in a dark place (required at room temperature). It is necessary to shake it periodically. After the specified period, the tincture is filtered (the residue is squeezed and added to the resulting filtrate). The tool is infused for another 4 - 5 days, and again filtered. The resulting tool should be transparent. Tincture is taken in 30 - 40 drops, not more than three times a day, for 25 days.
To relieve fatigue and improve performance, you can prepare the following tincture: the fruits are poured with 70% alcohol in a 1: 3 ratio, and infused for three days. Accepted tincture of 25 - 30 drops. This tool will not only give vitality, but also enhance immunity.
Tincture with farsightedness
To prepare the tincture will need 5 tbsp. lemongrass fruit and half a liter of pure alcohol. Fruits need to be well crushed and add alcohol, and then put for 12 days in a dark place (just not in the refrigerator). Shake at least once a day. After 12 days, the tincture is filtered and the fruits are squeezed. The agent is taken in 20 drops, diluted with water, twice a day.
Recipes with lemongrass Crimean
Leaves and flowers of lemongrass Crimean can be used as a surrogate of tea, because the plant gives tea a great lemon flavor. In addition, this tea stimulates the function of the cerebral cortex, energizes, strengthens the immune system.
Infusion of nausea and vomiting
3 tbsp. dry plants are crushed and poured boiling water, leaving to infuse for an hour. An infusion of half a cup is taken twice a day.
Infusion from bronchitis and pneumonia
1 tsp The flowers of the plant are filled with a glass of boiling water and infused for half an hour. It takes half a glass, no more than four times a day.
This infusion can be used as poultices, which will accelerate wound healing. In addition, such poultices have antitumor and antibacterial properties.
3 tbsp. dry plants are poured over two liters of water and boiled for five minutes. The cooled and filtered broth is poured into a cool bath (the temperature should be about 30 degrees). A fifteen minute stay in such a bath will not only invigorate, but also help relieve skin irritation.
Chinese lemongrass - healing and beneficial properties
In nature, Chinese lemongrass, still called Far Eastern, Manchu, schizandra is a powerful liana that can climb to a height of 12 m, wrapping its flexible trunk with a thickness of 2 cm, near growing trees. In spring, this plant blooms in small white flowers with a delicious lemon scent. In the autumn, complex berries ripen, similar to the small cobs of red color of tight-fitting berries. In each berry there is only one seed.
In nature, lemongrass is found in China and Japan, the Far East and Korea. It is also grown in central Russia in ordinary gardens, where it is much more modest in size - no higher than 4 m. At home, this plant can be treated almost more often than with ginseng and with the same efficiency. If the official medicine chose to use only the fruits and seeds of lemongrass, then in folk medicine uses everything from the roots to the fruits.
Lemongrass is included in the list of 10 plants with outstanding medicinal properties.
What is the healing power of lemongrass? To understand this, let's look at its chemical composition, which has been well studied for a long time.
The healing properties of lemongrass are explained by the complex action of all the substances included in it and are as follows:
- They tone up the nervous system, contribute to its better work, while there is no effect of overstimulation. Enhanced reflex activity allows you to better concentrate and remember a large amount of information.
- A person increases endurance and performance. All this is very important during heavy physical exertion. This action is due to the preservation of glycogen in the muscle fibers and a decrease in the level of lactic acid in them, which is why fatigue comes much later.
- Vitamins and minerals present in the plant, strengthen the immune system, contribute to the saturation of organs with oxygen, strengthen and normalize metabolism, which allows the body to quickly restore its strength and energy expended. It is better resistant to viral diseases, therefore it is advisable to take schizandra preparations during an epidemic of ARVI and flu. The risk of disease is reduced by 4-5 times.
- Lemongrass preparations increase the rate of endorphin production, and therefore they are especially indicated for depression.
- The plant has an adaptogenic effect, which can be used in an abrupt change of time zones or climate. Reception of lemongrass helps to cope with stress.
- This healing plant can improve the work of the organs of vision, increase its sharpness, including at night, as it improves the nutrition of the eyes, their blood supply, relieves muscle spasms, controlled by eye nerves.
- An important function is the ability to increase pressure.
- Lemongrass preparations normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Fresh lemongrass juice has a high bacteriostatic effect. Especially well it copes with pneumococci, Escherichia coli and dysentery amoeba.
- Due to the increased blood supply to the pelvic organs, it normalizes the work of the genital organs, both in women and men. Being an aphrodisiac, lemongrass increases libido in the former and improves the potency in the latter.
- Strengthening the tone of the walls of the uterus, improves generic activity.
- Shizandra-based drugs increase hemoglobin and reduce the amount of harmful cholesterol and sugars in the blood.
- They restore the liver cells and have an anti-toxic effect.
- They improve the functioning of the adrenal cortex cells, maintaining hormonal balance in the body.
- Reduce the frequency of contractions of the heart, while enhancing their amplitude.
- Rejuvenate the body.
- Eliminate hangover.
- Stimulate hair growth.
- Enhance respiratory function. They have expectorant and antitussive effect.
- Official medicine uses fruits and seeds of lemongrass in the form of alcohol tinctures. Take them no more than 3 times a day from 20 to 30 drops for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is about 3 weeks. There is also a tablet form - Shizandra drug. On the day they drink 2 times 1 tablet in the morning and evening with meals.
- Extract of lemongrass on alcohol take 25 to 30 drops twice a day.
- Lemongrass seed oil is sold in pharmacies as capsules. Их принимают два-три раза по одной штуке после еды. Особенно они рекомендованы тем, чья работа связана с радиацией, охлаждением, кислородным голоданием.
- Traditional medicine uses all parts of the plant in the form of tinctures, tinctures and decoctions, the seeds are dried and make healing powder from them, the leaves and stems are brewed as tea, and the juice is squeezed from the fruit.
Under which pathologies benefit of lemongrass most noticeable?
- Respiratory diseases: bronchial asthma and bronchitis, whooping cough, tuberculosis.
- Diseases of the stomach, liver, kidneys.
- Asthenic conditions, fatigue, recovery from serious illnesses.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- Skin diseases.
- Diseases of the nervous system: neurasthenia, mental disorders, depression, amnesia.
- Beriberi and anemia.
- Trophic ulcers and non-healing wounds.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: dysentery, diarrhea.
- Flu and SARS.
- Impotence and infertility.
Lemongrass is useful in diabetes, women in menopause, in violation of the adrenal glands, urinary incontinence and headache.
Lemongrass berries are able to prolong the youth of the skin and have a beneficial effect on the hair. They fight with fine wrinkles, help to eliminate various irritations and inflammatory processes. From lemongrass make lotions, creams, as well as nourishing masks for the skin.
- Lotion. For its preparation you need two spoons of powdered dried fruits. They are brewed with a glass of boiling water and tormented in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. After cooling, filter and add a teaspoon of honey. Keep the composition to be in the refrigerator. Wipe face if necessary.
- Moisturizing mask for skin. Mix a tablespoon of sour cream and cottage cheese, add to them three drops of infusion of lemongrass in alcohol.
- Nourishing mask. Chicken egg yolk is combined with 10 g of cream and a teaspoon of fresh berries that need to be kneaded.
Prepare a hair conditioner in two ways:
- Four tablespoons of lemongrass leaves are brewed with a liter of boiling water, boiled in a water bath for about 7 minutes. In a cooled and filtered broth add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Rinse hair after washing.
- For the next recipe, you will need one tablespoon of nettle, chamomile and lemongrass leaves. The mixture must be brewed with a liter of boiling water and kept in a water bath for 10 minutes. Cool, strain. Broth rinse hair after washing.
If the consumption of lemongrass seeds is not recommended to exceed the dosage, then fresh juice of berries can be used with almost no restrictions.
It has a peculiar taste and is widely used in the preparation of various desserts.
- Juice is used to create bouquets of fruit wines.
- Make from it ice cream, soft drinks, jelly.
- The pulp of the berries is added to the filling for sweets.
- Compote of berries and sugar syrup can be used in the winter as an additive to tea.
- Winter preparations are also made: berries are mixed with sugar in a ratio of one to two. Such a vitamin dessert can be stored for up to a year.
How to brew a plant?
You can brew any parts of lemongrass: leaves, bark, young shoots and even roots. On 1 l of boiling water, just 15 g of any raw material is enough. In order for the drink to acquire taste and aroma, it needs to be drawn for a few minutes. A decoction of lemongrass bark helps in the treatment of caries and gum disease.
For tea, you can use berries and lemongrass. A tablespoon of fruit is brewed with a glass of boiling water and boiled for 10 minutes in an enamel bowl. This tea should be infused day. Drink this amount by adding some sugar throughout the day.
Lemongrass preparations should be taken on an empty stomach or 4 hours after eating.
The plant under discussion combines very well with green tea. To enhance the therapeutic effect they add a third of a teaspoon of crushed ginger and some honey.
- For every two teaspoons of green tea you will need a tablespoon of dried lemongrass.
- A mixture of tea and berries brewed in 0.5 water and brought to a boil.
- After it is removed from the fire, add ginger.
- And after five minutes you can drink this tea, adding honey to taste.
More than 2 cups of tea from lemongrass per day can not drink.
Infusion of lemongrass is easy to buy at the pharmacy. But in the presence of raw materials it can be prepared independently.
- As a rule, berries pour alcohol in a ratio of 1: 5.
- Pharmaceutical tincture is prepared on alcohol 96% concentration. For home cooking, 50% alcohol concentration is sufficient.
- After 10 days of settling in a dark place at room temperature, the mixture should be drained and another 20 ml of alcohol should be added to the sediment.
- Again insisting for 10 days and straining.
- In the process of infusing the mixture is shaken daily.
- Mix both tinctures and add the same volume of pure, preferably distilled water.
Take 2 weeks 2.5 ml from 2 to 3 times a day, if there is depression, dizziness, sleep disturbance.
Juice and syrup
Juice is made from freshly picked berries and added by a teaspoon to one glass of tea. If it is pasteurized for 15 minutes and hermetically sealed, it is well stored in a dark place. Juice can be used for rubbing into the scalp, if there is a tendency to baldness.
You can make a syrup from it if you add 1.5 kg of sugar to each liter. The mixture should be slightly warmed to dissolve the sugar. Store the syrup in a sterile container in a dark place. Take with food three times a day, one tablespoon. You can add syrup to any drinks. The term of admission - a month. This syrup can be bought at the pharmacy.
Berries - use and how to use?
Lemongrass berries are considered one of the most effective tonic and adaptogenic agents. They are used in the form of tea, infusion or decoction.
From the dried berries can be prepared peculiar tablets, which are widely used in oriental medicine.
In the seeds of the highest content of schizandrin and schizandrol, so the preparations of them are very effective. They are ground to powder and pressed into tablets. The powder is advised to take 0.5 grams before meals 2 to 3 times a day. It is better not to prepare it for the future much, but to grind up such a number of seeds so that you get about 1 teaspoon.
There are diseases in which they are strictly contraindicated:
- diseases associated with impaired cardiac activity,
- arachnoiditis and arachnoencephalitis, as well as high intracranial pressure,
- acute stage of infectious diseases
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- vascular dystonia,
- individual intolerance of lemongrass.
Excess dosage of the drug may cause the following side effects:
- insomnia, especially if the drug is taken in the afternoon,
- pressure increase
- allergic reactions.
If there is at least one of these side effects, the drug should be stopped.