Bushes sredneroslye, you can grow in the forest on the ground or tie up the stems. The plant is resistant to diseases, suitable for cultivation in open ground and in greenhouses. The collected seeds are not suitable for planting, as they do not have the original properties.
Flowers self-pollinated. The ovaries are formed in the axils of the leaves in the amount of 2-6 pieces. The leaves are green, small in size. Cucumber has a strong root system, a strong stem.
Note! There is a similar variety - mother-in-law cucumber. The only difference from Zyatek cucumber is that the fruits of the mother are bigger and longer. The conditions and the process of growing two varieties are the same.
Young fruits are cylindrical in shape, with tubercles and white thorns. They have no bitterness, crisp and juicy flesh. Fruits are no longer than 12.5 cm long, and no more than 3.7 cm in diameter. On average, a fruit weighs no more than 95 grams. With one plant, with the right care, you can collect at least 7 kg.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Hybrid variety Zyatek has unique characteristics:
- excellent taste and appearance
- wide range of applications
- you can collect fruits in the form of pickles (from 3 to 5 cm) or gherkins (from 5 to 8 cm),
- high yield
- resistant to weather conditions
- it is well accustomed to seedlings and has high germination,
- tolerates transportation over long distances,
- does not require complex care,
- resistant to diseases (powdery mildew, root rot).
The variety has practically no drawbacks, except for the cost of seeds. The price of seeds of cucumber Zyatek is significantly higher than the cost of other varieties.
Rules of seed germination
In order for the plant to bear fruit abundantly for a long period, it is necessary to follow certain rules at all stages of cultivation. Some seed producers offer pelleted seeds. This has its advantages - they do not require any preplant preparation. Drazhirovanie seeds means that they are covered with a special nutrient mixture. It creates a protective and nutritious shell that positively affects the germination of seeds.
To increase the germination of ordinary seeds need to sort: pour water, those that surfaced, you need to throw away - they are weak and will not give germs. Then you need to carry out preventive disinfection, for this, the seeds in a tissue bag are placed for 30 minutes. in a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Then soaked in settled water until nakleva seedlings.
Important! Zyatek can be grown by direct seeding. Seeds in the garden greenhouse planted in mid-May. The ground must be warm enough, otherwise the root system will rot.
1-2 weeks later, you can plant seeds in open ground, when late frosts have not exactly affected shoots. Seeds are planted on a plant 50 cm apart. This distance should not be reduced, since a large amount of light is necessary for normal development. In order for young roots not to become food for the bear or for the larvae of the cockchafer, it is necessary to add a chemical preparation against these pests to each well.
Features of planting seedlings
For growing seedlings sown in late April. Seeds sprout together and quickly. When the seedlings have sprouted, do not rush to plant it in open ground, the stronger it is, the better it will take root. As a rule, if there are 4 true leaves, seedlings are already capable of settling down well in the ground. You can grow it in a greenhouse or in a room under certain conditions. The temperature in the room should be 25 - 30 ° C. Too high temperature (more than 30 ° C) leads to drying of the stem, which affects its further growth and fruiting. Seeds buried in the ground by 2-3 cm.
The separated water is watered on day 2 after planting. After 10 days, sprouts appear.
When the first shoots appeared, it is necessary to pour the ground. And for the entire period of seed cultivation, it is necessary to water the beds 2 times with fertilizer. During the week before planting, the sprouts are hardened: they are carried out to the open air, gradually increasing the duration of the “walk”. Planted in 1 square. a meter of 2-4 cucumber shrubs when the temperature does not drop below 12 ° C, as cold air is destructive for a cucumber.
Under the cucumbers suitable soil rich in nutrients. The composition of the land after cultivation of legumes, onions, pepper, and root crops is ideal for them. Excellent neighbors can be peas, cabbage. Unfavorable neighbors are potatoes and tomatoes, eggplant. Cucumbers are not grown in the same place, and you should not plant them after growing zucchini, pumpkins, melons.
Grow Zyatek easy. To do this, you need regular watering, loosening the soil, so that air gets to the roots, fertilizing with fertilizer.
Important! The root is shallow in the soil, during weeding, care must be taken not to hurt it.
For watering use warm water. Water on the leaves does not harm, provided that it is not cold and the bright sun does not shine on the garden bed. It is necessary to water 2-3 times a week, and to apply mineral or complex fertilizers 3-4 times for the entire growing season. During the formation of the flowers cucumber needs carbon. To do this, mullein is added between the rows, so that it does not touch the stems. Mullein infusion can also be used. To do this, 1 kg of manure insist in 10 l. water for 10 days. This infusion is diluted in a ratio of 1:10 and watered at the root 1 time per week. To simplify care, you can mulch the ground around the plants. This will preserve moisture and the required temperature. To do this, you can use:
Growing in a greenhouse has its own characteristics. It is important to control the temperature, humidity.
The soil should be wet, but do not overdo it. Fertilizers need to be a month after the emergence of shoots, and subsequent servings to make every week.
If cucumber stalks go along the ground, you do not need to move them, turn them. During harvesting, you must gently step over to avoid stepping on the stem. Injured stems dry out faster, stop fruiting.
For cultivation of cucumber in the open field, you can use trellis: set them near each bush and send growing stalks to them. The plant will continue to cling to the antennae itself. This method of cultivation has its advantages:
- space saving
- branches are not intertwined,
- the access of light increases
- The best conditions for the care and harvest.
Note! The upper part of the cucumber stalk should be pinched when it grows over the trellis by 20 −25 cm.
It is necessary to control the quantity and quality of the stems. If there are no flowers and ovaries on a stem longer than 50 cm, it is important to pinch the top. Since Zyatek f1 is a hybrid variety, there are no barren flowers on it, an ovary should appear in the place of each flower.
42 days after the emergence of shoots the first fruits are formed. Harvest should be collected regularly, not allowing the fruit to grow. If a cucumber has outgrown, it has a barrel-shaped form, and the taste and density of the fruit do not change. Collection is made in the morning. Store in a cool place cucumbers can be up to 7 days.
Ways to combat certain diseases of cucumber
At low temperatures and high humidity, cucumber can suffer from peronosporosis. At the same time on the leaves and stems appears gray bloom. In this case, it is necessary to process the planting with special chemical means of protection or spray it with whey.
The appearance of yellow or brown spots indicates fungal diseases. Their development is provoked by high humidity and temperature. An effective method of dealing with the disease - removal of the affected areas of the plant.
Important! If the cucumber grows in the greenhouse, it is necessary to air it more often.
For those who want to grow cucumbers at minimum cost and get the maximum yield, planting a cucumber Zyatek or Mother-in-law is the best option. Varieties are practically invulnerable to diseases, because they are not necessarily treated with chemicals, the fruits are considered environmentally friendly.
First, consider the similarities:
- Both of these varieties are hybrid and early maturing.
- They are absolutely not bitter, even when they are overwhelmed.
- Grow well in the greenhouse and in the open field.
- Practically do not require pollination by insects.
- Productivity is quite high.
- The first harvest can be collected in fifty days.
- Perfect for salads, pickling and pickling.
- They have a fairly good resistance to powdery mildew disease.
- The mother-in-law has a larger fruit size (about thirteen centimeters, whereas Zyatek cucumber has only ten).
- The weight of one cucumber Mother-in-law reaches one hundred and twenty grams, the Zyatek cucumber is slightly less - one hundred grams.
- The skin of Tyshcha is bumpy with dark spikes, and in Zyatka with white.
- Mother-in-law cucumbers are resistant to root rot, and Zyatek cucumber is resistant to mosaic virus.
- The yield of the mother-in-law from one bush to seven kilograms from the bush, and Zyatek seven and a half.
How to plant
Both varieties can be planted in the form of seedlings or sown in the soil seeds. Seed germination depends on weather conditions and average daily temperature. If the air temperature is less than +15 degrees Celsius, you can not wait for germination.
If the temperature is above +15, then the first shoots will begin to appear in ten days.
At temperatures of +26 and above, seeds can germinate five days after sowing.
The best temperature is up to plus twenty degrees Celsius. These cucumbers will grow early and get the right quenching.
In the greenhouse, the seeds must be sown in early June to a depth of two centimeters.
When planting seedlings, it must be prepared in April, and in May, already plant seedlings in a greenhouse or soil.
If the seedlings have several leaves, then they can already be planted in open ground.
The distance between seedlings should not be less than fifty centimeters so that the plant has room to grow and develop. The more space one bush, the greater the yield.
Departure after landing
Cucumbers need regular watering until the very ripening of the fruit. Watering should not be too abundant, as excessive moisture provokes fungal diseases and root rot, which can lead to the death of the plant.
Be sure to weed cucumbers, as well as loosen the soil. This will increase the yield of cucumbers.
Since the roots of cucumbers are high, loosening should be done very carefully and carefully, because there is a risk of damaging the plant.
The feed should be carried out weekly in the evening during the flowering period of the plants. Good help potash and phosphate fertilizers. You can use diluted manure.
It is important not to overdo it with fertilizers., as this may also trigger the death of the plant.
Cucumbers can be tied up so that the plant receives more light. Also, this will allow more careful care of the plant and so much more convenient to collect the fruit.
In early July, you can already start harvesting cucumbers.
Features varieties Zyatek cucumbers
This variety is very similar to the mother-in-law variety. Both of these varieties have a female type of flowering and are hybrid and self-pollinated. The size of the fruit is up to twelve centimeters in length. The weight of a cucumber reaches one hundred grams. Fruits are knobby with white thorns.
Just like the mother-in-law, cucumberZyatek absolutely not bitter and is suitable for preservation and salads.
Planting method is exactly the same. It is possible to plant seedlings both in the greenhouse and in the open ground. The temperature should be more than twenty degrees Celsius.
To obtain good fruit when planting you need to consider the following features:
- For early seedlings need to sow the seeds in early April.
- It is possible to plant seedlings in the ground only when several leaves are formed on the shoot.
- Land for landing in the ground need to fertilize and prepare.
Characteristics and description of Zyatek F1 cucumber
- Suitable for cultivation in the soil and in greenhouses.
- Mid-season - ripening time 45-48 days.
- Indeterminate variety - stem growth unlimited.
- It has a female type of flowering.
- Like most hybrids for the formation of the ovary does not require pollination.
- The ovary is formed on the beam type - from 3 to 8 ovaries in the sinus of each leaf.
- Very fruitful - with the right agricultural technology can produce up to 50 bunches of the ovary. For the season from one bush can be collected from 5 to 7 kg of cucumbers.
- It is a little subject to diseases, well after them it is restored. The root system is resistant to rot.
- It does not require special care.
Tip Picking Zyatek F1 cucumbers is best at the stage of gherkins or below - at the stage of pickles. At this time, their taste is most fully revealed.
The cucumbers of this variety are small in size - up to 11 cm. Their weight is approximately 100 g. Their peels are tender, covered with small tubercles and spikes, and have light stripes. The fruits are crispy, with a mild flavor, no bitterness.
In cooking, Zyatek F1 is universal - used fresh and harvested for the winter. When growing over, cucumbers become like a keg.
Agrotehnika hybrid Zyatek F1
- Sowing seeds. With the seedling method of growing cucumbers Zyatek F1 are sown in the tank at the end of April. Since cucumber roots are very delicate, it is better to plant seeds in peat pots, which do not need to be removed when transplanting to a permanent place, which reduces the risk of damage to the root system.
- Bedding. After the threat of late spring frosts has passed and a stable air temperature not lower than + 12 ° C has been established, seedlings can be planted in a garden bed. At the same time, it is recommended to plant the seeds directly into the soil. The rate of seed germination is directly dependent on the ambient temperature - at + 15 ° C ... + 18 ° C this happens after 10 days, and at warmer, from + 25 ° C to + 29 ° C, seedlings appear after 3-5 days. A soil suitable for the cultivation of cucumbers should be light, preferably sandy, and rich in nutrients.
- Regular watering. Zyatek F1 cucumbers are moisture-loving, but it is impossible to water them too much, because
can rot the roots, which will lead to the death of the whole plant. It is necessary to water only with warm water, early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Garter to the trellis. It is best to grow cucumbers on the trellis. To do this, set poles near the planted plants, between which they stretch the ropes. At first, the plants need to be twisted around the trellis, and then, as they grow, they will cling to it with antennae.
- Top dressing. In order for Zyatek F1 cucumbers to produce a good harvest, they must be regularly and properly fed. During the beginning of the growth of the planted seedlings, cucumbers should be fed with mineral fertilizers containing phosphorus and potassium. Then you can add organics - infusions of mullein, bird droppings or nettle. For the entire season, cucumbers add fertilizer no more than 4-5 times.
Attention! Excess fertilizer adversely affects cucumbers. It is better to underfeed them.
Reviews of growing cucumbers Zyatek F1
Gardeners, who have already tried to grow the Zyatek F1 hybrid on their plots, note a very good seed germination, long-term fruiting, high yields, excellent taste and smell. This variety bears excellent fruit throughout the season - from the beginning of June to the end of September, even under not very favorable conditions, when other types of cucumbers reduce yields. Of the disadvantages there is a high price for seeds, but the first collection of cucumbers will more than pay for the costs of planting material.
Having tried to grow a hybrid Zyatek F1, you can get, without much hassle and unnecessary worries, an excellent harvest of delicious and fragrant pickles for pickling, marinade and salad.
Zyatek F1 variety: photo
- Variety Cucumber Friendly F1 Family - Small Pickles and Great Harvest
- Cucumber Marinda f1: description of the variety and characteristics of cultivation
- Partenokarpichesky grades of cucumbers for cultivation in the greenhouse
- Paris gherkin - delicious cucumbers for preservation. Description of the variety and features of its cultivation
I love this hybrid very much! Without Zyatka I have not been around for five years for sure. It makes excellent salted and pickled cucumbers, and in the salad it is indispensable. I advise all lovers of blanks.
Excellent cucumbers like Zyatek and Mother-in-law, it was difficult to buy them before. I recommend, try! Outwardly and in taste, they are similar. Planted that year, these are some of the best seeds I tried to plant. Productivity is simply amazing. In the summer for more than a month, we collected cucumbers and did not even know where to put them.
Very tasty cucumbers. Early, good in salting.
Zyatek cucumber variety grown for several years. It has excellent germination and good taste. High yield per plant. Zelentsy better to collect every 3 days. On the taste well, just great cucumbers! Well suited for both salting and fresh consumption. Sort highly recommend to all lovers. Only good can say about the variety mother-in-law. Also, good performance on yield and consumer properties.
We always buy seeds from Gavrish, cucumbers Zyatek and Mother-in-law hybrids, super yields, tiny gherkins, sweetie! Unpretentious care!
Mother-in-law and Zyatyok norms. cucumbers, I advise everyone !!
Cucumbers "Zyatek" and "Mother-in-law" are very similar in their characteristics to each other. I have been using the seeds of these hybrids for 3 years already, well, plus “Courage” - and I always get a good result. Эти гибриды одинаково хороши как под пленочным укрытием, так и при выращивании без укрытия. Огурцы формируются ровные и красивые, небольшого размера.The crop ripens amicably, quickly enough, the barren flower is not marked. The main thing to collect regularly 1 time in 3 days approximately. The varieties are resistant to powdery mildew and small temperature differences. Crunchy greens, fragrant - excellently suited for fresh consumption, as well as for salting and marinating. I can definitely recommend varieties "Zyatek", "Mother-in-law" and "Courage" for all vegetable growers. If anyone has any questions, write, I will answer with pleasure.
Mother-in-law and Zyatyok excellent cucumbers, I advise everything !!
I like the mother-in-law and the cat, the ovaries are somewhat from one sinus, like a bunch, pimples, in salads and pickling are good. Tasty, sweet, crunchy!
Description and characteristics of cucumber variety Zyatek f1
According to the description, this early variety, characterized by high germination, productivity and resistance to major diseases.
From the emergence of seedlings to the first harvest, no more than 45 days pass. And to eat sweetish aromatic cucumbers can be before the onset of autumn primorozkov.
Fruit characteristics: small, 10-12 cm long, up to 3.5 cm in diameter and weighing about 100 grams. They have a delicate skin, covered with small white pimples.
Pulp juicy with sweetish taste. Even if the cucumbers overgrow, they do not change color and taste, they do not taste bitter with a lack of moisture.
Shrub srednerosly, with a lot of lateral branches, with beam bookmark ovary. Up to 7 kg of fruit can be obtained from one bush, and Zyatek bears fruit throughout the summer season.
The main feature of the variety is that overgrown cucumbers do not change color and density. They only increase in diameter, acquiring a barrel-shaped appearance.
The variety is ripening, high-yielding, overgrown fruits do not change color and density.
The advantages and disadvantages of cucumbers
Today Zyatek enjoys great popularity. among farmers and gardeners-amateurs of the Central, Middle-Volga and Middle Caucasian regions of Russia.
Widespread variety received thanks to undeniable benefits:
- resistance to climatic and weather conditions - high humidity, cold, heat,
- resistant to most cucumber diseases,
- high germination rate and a long fruiting period,
- excellent taste of cucumbers,
- opportunities to grow in greenhouses, open beds, on balconies, verandas, terraces,
- resistance to pests,
- unpretentiousness in cultivation - does not require frequent watering, fertilizing, weeding, binding,
- early ripening,
- high yields - with proper care can form up to 45-50 bunches of the ovary,
- does not require pollination by bees.
Cucumber roots are located close to the surface, so when removing weeds you should not deeply loosen the soil near the plant.
For the formation of additional roots it is recommended to pour a mixture of peat, wood ash, sand, manure and soil near the trunk.
It is strictly forbidden to water cucumbers with cold water., as it not only slows down the growth and development of the plant, but also can provoke some diseases, including ascochitis and powdery mildew.
Grade advantages: high germination and long-term fruiting, excellent taste, early ripening
Preparing the soil for planting
Like other varieties, Zyatek hybrid prefers light and fertile soil. Therefore, clay soil in the garden is appropriate to enrich with wood ash, sand, peat, humus or manure and store fertilizers.
The bed, after making additional substances should be thoroughly dig, loosen and moisten.
Sow seeds in open ground recommended only after the establishment of warm weather, with a night temperature not below +12 degrees. It is not necessary to thicken the planting, having 4-5 plants per 1 square meter.
The pot is filled with 1/3, moistened and shallowly interfere with 1 seed. After the appearance of the first true leaves in the pot, soil is added as the plant grows. When the weather is warm outside, the seedlings begin to harden.
In the seedling method of cultivation, the soil should be taken from the bed where young seedlings will be planted later.
How to care
When growing this variety, many gardeners make standard mistakes.
Conduct deep loosening of the soil when removing weeds, while seriously damaging the roots of plants. Loosen the soil should be often, but carefullybecause the root system of cucumbers is located close to the surface and on a large area.
Cucumbers are planted in areas with maximum access of sunlight throughout the day. On such a bed in the hot summer the plants will die even with sufficient watering.
Cucumbers love shaded areaswhere sunlight hits the saplings, for example, only in the morning or evening.
Overmoisten the soil or water the plants with cold water. Such zeal can not only seriously harm the plant and significantly reduce the yield.
Excessive moisture may cause and the development of fungal infections dangerous for seedlings and adult plants — peronosporosis, black and gray rot, mosaic virus, powdery mildew.
Strongly thickened landing. If the bushes were planted close to each other, the installation of special pillars and the tension between them of a garden net or wire can save the situation.
Tying lashes and their directed growth will allow you to avoid strong closeness and get a good crop of greenberries.
Cucumbers love shading areas, gently loosening, tying, watering with warm water
Harvesting and harvesting rules
Gather cucumbers daily, avoiding their overgrowth. Although the fruits do not lose their taste, when grown, they increase in diameter and become unattractive externally.
Zyatek variety is perfect for fresh consumption - You can simply eat a crispy, flavorful vegetable or make a bright and healthy salad.
Fresh cucumbers can be stored in the refrigerator, cellar or basement for up to 5-7 days. With long-term storage, fruits lose their taste and attractive appearance.
Variety tolerates transportation for long distances and does not require special conditions of carriage.
Collect cucumbers should be daily, not allowing them to grow
Zyatek variety cucumber is a great option for those who want to get a high yield with minimal labor costs.
Cultivation of this hybrid allows you to feast on fresh tasty greens until the fall, and in winter to enjoy the unsurpassed taste of canned cucumbers.
The advantages and excellent qualities of this variety are evidenced by the numerous reviews of farmers and gardeners-amateurs.
Zyatek has practically no flaws., therefore, it is increasingly chosen by summer residents and professional farmers for cultivation.
The history of the cucumber Ziatyok F1 and its main characteristics
Zyatyok F1 variety is selected by the Moscow Research Institute of Protected Vegetable Growing and Agrofirma "Gavrish". In 2007 he was included in the State Register of Selection Achievements of the Russian Federation. Cucumber is recommended for cultivation in such regions of Russia:
- North Caucasus,
- Middle Volga
- Central Chernozem.
Zyatyok F1 is a hybrid form, well proven when grown under film shelters in private farms, as well as in the open ground. But the seeds of such plants are not suitable for planting, because they do not inherit the quality of parents.
Cucumber Zyatyok F1 - indeterminate plant with unlimited growth of the main stem, with an average branching and a strong root system. During the vegetation period, up to 50 bunches consisting of 2–6 ovaries may form on the main whip.
Cucumber Ziatyok F1 able to form in one node several ovaries simultaneously
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The variety is distinguished by precocity: it enters fruiting on the 42nd day after germination. Fruit growth can last until the end of September. Zyatyok F1 perfectly adapted to the climate of these regions. Cucumber has other positive qualities:
- Partenocarpicity, that is, the ability to form fruits without pollination. Therefore, the plant is less dependent on weather conditions, the presence of insects. Pigeon on the whip is missing.
- Female type of flowering. In a knot 3 and more female flowers are formed.
- Zelentsa evenness in size. Fruits have a cylindrical shape, green with small smeared stripes, tubercles with bright pubescence. Fruit weight reaches 100 g with a diameter of about 3.5 cm and a length of 12.5 cm.
- High seed germination and good seedling survival rate.
- The possibility of collecting fruits at the stage of pickles and gherkins.
- Versatility of use. Cucumbers are suitable both for fresh consumption, and for pickling, pickling.
- High taste of Zelentsov. Fruits differ juicy, crispy flesh, taste without bitterness, delicate skin.
- Good transportability and long shelf life.
- Resistance to powdery mildew, root rot, tolerance to downy mildew.
Zyatyok F1 cucumbers successfully combine early ripening periods, presentable appearance and great taste.
The main advantage of the hybrid is its high yield. When complying with agrotechnical requirements, it is about 13 kg per 1 sq. M. m
The disadvantages of the variety include:
- the impossibility of collecting seeds, as hybrid plants do not pass on the inheritance of parental qualities,
- high cost of seeds
- barreling in case of late harvest.
Presowing seed treatment
If you purchased the coated seeds, then they do not need preplant preparation, as disinfection and hardening have passed under production conditions. In addition, the seeds are covered with a layer of nutrients needed in the first period of life, and additional processing can damage the useful shell. Large seed companies sell calibrated seeds, while small, deformed, unnaturally colored seeds are removed at the stage of production sorting.
Planting material Hybrid Zatyek F1 recommended to buy from reputable manufacturers. In the original packaging should be large, full, evenly colored, bright seeds.
Untreated sunflower seeds are recommended to sort, disinfect, temper and soak until tilting. The most common method of disinfection - keeping them for about half an hour in a saturated solution of potassium permanganate. Then the seeds should be washed and dried.
Disinfection in a solution of potassium permanganate is a preventive measure that prevents the development of viral and fungal diseases of cucumber
Special bacterial preparations for disinfecting this hybrid can not be used, since its resistance to the main cucumber diseases was originally claimed. Soaking in the specified means suppresses not only harmful, but also useful microflora of planting material.
Warming of cucumber seeds should be carried out for 2 hours at 60 ° C. This can be done in the oven, oven, on the batteries of central heating. The main condition is the observance of the temperature regime, because temperature fluctuations during the procedure can bring more harm than good to the seeds.
Soaking recommended in the event that the sowing will be carried out on seedlings. The landing of wetted seeds directly into the ground occurs only under the condition of steady and steady warm weather.
The soaking procedure consists of the following steps:
- Seeds are placed between layers of a napkin or toilet paper placed in a transparent container.
- At the bottom, water is poured at room temperature so that it soaks the material, but does not completely cover the seeds.
- Soaking is carried out before cracking the shell.
- After the procedure, the seeds are immediately planted in the ground.
Sowing on seedlings
The dates for sowing seeds should be calculated taking into account the following important condition: a month after the emergence, the seedlings should be transplanted to a permanent place, otherwise it will outgrow and take a long and painful root in the ground. For most regions, the best time is the end of April.
The seedling of cucumber Ziatyok F1, like many other varieties, does not tolerate transplantation, so it needs to be sown in peat pots or individual containers from which it can be freely removed.
For growing seedlings, it is best to use a special nutrient soil, in which seeds are embedded no deeper than 2 cm. The optimum temperature for seedlings and growth of cucumber seedlings is 22–25 ° C. In the last week before planting in a permanent place, plants need to create conditions that are closest to the conditions of the main growing site.
Watering seedlings should be carried out as necessary, separated by water at room temperature. During the cultivation in the tank should be poured the soil, feed the sprouts with complex fertilizers. You can purchase special mixtures for feeding and, strictly following the instructions, fertilize the plants.
After the appearance of 3-4 true leaves, seedlings are planted in open ground or greenhouse
Growing a hybrid direct sowing in the ground
Zyatek F1 hybrid cucumbers prefer light soil with neutral acidity and with sufficient nutrient content, therefore ridges for planting should be well manured. If there are signs of increased acidity of the soil (such plants as sorrel, horsetail, plantain, buttercup) should be added in the autumn digging lime (about 500 g per square meter) or the same amount of dolomite flour.
When sowing seeds directly into the soil, weather conditions and warming up of the soil must be taken into account. Comfortable landing times for central Russia are:
- mid-May - sowing in film greenhouses,
- end of May - seeding on red roof ridges.
When the soil temperature is below 15 ° C, seeds of the Zyatyak F1 hybrid may die.
When sowing seeds, it is recommended to adhere to the distance between plants and rows of 50 cm, that is, no more than 4 plants can be sown per square meter. Such a gap will provide cucumber plants with a sufficient amount of light and power. When choosing a site, it is necessary to take into account the rules of crop rotation:
- The best precursors for cucumbers will be onions, early cabbage, potatoes, beans.
- It is not recommended to plant a crop in the place of zucchini, pumpkin, and after cucumbers.
- Well adjoin cucumber with dill, cabbage, lettuce, radish, onions.
- Bad neighbors for culture are sage, carrot, rhubarb, turnip.
Secrets of care
Cucumber Ziatyok F1 needs proper watering, loosening, weeding and mandatory dressing. When growing a hybrid, you need to follow simple rules that will allow you to get an early and abundant harvest of greens:
- Loosening the soil should be superficial, since the roots of cucumber are located close to the surface and deep processing can damage them.
- The soil should be kept moderately wet. Drying of ridges, as well as waterlogging, is undesirable for plants. Watering is carried out as needed (approximately 2-3 times a week) only with warm water.
- Crops require regular weeding, since weeds not only take away nutrients from plants, but can also be carriers of diseases.
- When growing a hybrid in closed ground, it is necessary to provide conditions for regular ventilation of the greenhouse, since air circulation and a temperature within 29 ° C are important for it.
Mulching cucumber plantations will help to improve the temperature and water regimes, protect the plant from weeds.
First, the soil is loosened and weeded, then covered with a layer of mulch 5–8 cm thick: peat, chaff, hay, sunflower seed husks
Experts recommend the following chart of fertilizing cucumber:
- Two weeks after landing.
- At the beginning of flowering.
- During the fruiting period.
- 2 weeks after the third feeding to extend the period of fruiting and increase yields.
There are plenty of recipes for high-quality fertilizers for plants. When choosing, you should be guided by the type of soil, weather conditions and other individual capabilities.
Care when growing
Cucumbers need to weed and water regularly. Very rarely can a plant be subject to any disease. Usually growing these varieties of cucumbers is quite easy, as hybrid varieties do an excellent job with pests and cold.
- The best temperature for cucumbers is the temperature above thirteen degrees. At lower temperatures, the seeds will die and will not grow.
- At temperatures above twenty degrees the seeds will grow much faster.
- The optimum temperature for growing cucumbers is plus twenty degrees. At this temperature, the plant will be hardened.
- You should not plant seedlings too often, as cucumbers are very fond of sunlight.
- For better lighting plants need to tie up them during the period of active growth.
- Before the appearance of the first fruits, it is imperative to regularly water the cucumbers. Too much water should not be, as this can lead to diseases and rotting of the roots.
- Подкормку лучше всего проводить в вегетативный период.
Болезни сортов Теща и Зятек
Вообще, эти сорта достаточно устойчивы к разного рода болезням, но иногда они все-таки могут заболеть из-за неправильного ухода.
- Gray rot – проявляется появлением слизи на листьях. In order to get rid of this disease, you need to erase the rot from the leaves and process the plant with potassium permanganate and chalk diluted in water.
- Yellow brown spots - this is a fungal disease. To combat fungal diseases using special antifungal drugs. You also need to reduce watering and ventilate the greenhouse. Damaged shoots and leaves must be removed in order to prevent the infection from multiplying.
- Perinosporosis - gray bloom on the leaves, which appears due to excess water. To combat this disease you need to process the cucumbers with whey.
These varieties are the favorites of many gardeners. They are high-yielding, early ripe, resistant to cold and disease, perfectly suited for salads, as well as conservation.
To get a good harvest you need to remember that:
- Soil should not be over-wetted
- Cucumbers should grow in a sunny area
- Be sure to tie up the plant
- Fertilize no more than once a week.
These varieties deserve a leading position among the cucumber family and will delight gardeners with their harvest.
Reviews of summer residents
I have been growing Zyatek for a long time on my plot. It is very tasty, juicy and remains crispy when salted. The harvest is always amazing, sometimes I even distribute to my neighbors. From a bush on seven kilograms.
On the advice of her mother, she planted this year the mother-in-law and Zyatek varieties. I now understand why they write so many positive reviews. I sowed the seeds in early April, in May I planted cucumbers in the ground. They grew well and bear fruit. If you do not pick cucumbers in time, they grow to huge sizes like squash. Cucumbers really liked. Juicy, tasty, crunchy. Bitterness is not even in overripe fruits.
I have been planting Mother-in-law and Zyatka for several years in a row, because these are my favorites. They are very tasty and fruitful, early ripe. They sprout beautifully, I plant them in a greenhouse and then in open ground. I tie them up when they grow up and watch for moisture. With proper care, they give a very large crop. I recommend these varieties to everyone.
Reviews of the hybrid Zyatek F1 cucumber and its fruit taste
Gardeners who publish reviews about cucumber Zyatek F1, willingly share positive impressions of the plant, celebrate the wonderful taste of its crunchy greens, suitable for the preparation of salads, salting, pickling. It is imperative to plant this crop in your garden so that as a result you get a wonderful harvest of fruits with high marketable properties.
Characteristic of Zyatek F1 cucumber
The vegetable grower, who is interested in the description of Zyatek F1 cucumber, is sure to draw attention to the fact that this plant is parthenocarpic. The culture is characterized by the female type of flowering, which is why, for its pollination, bees are not needed. Due to this feature, the laying of the tuft ovary on the bushes has a long-term character, which ensures the formation of fruits during the whole season (up to the end of September) even in very unfavorable weather.
If you choose Zyatek cucumbers for planting on a bed, you can count on the early terms of ripening vegetables. The start of the culture offering is celebrated on the 46th - 48th day after the first sprouts spit. Plants feel good in open beds, in greenhouses.
Indeterminate culture shrubs with a strong root system, strong stems, medium degree of branching. About 3–8 Zelentsa are formed in each node. Plants are covered with leaves of medium size, with juicy green color. Summer residents who give feedback on Zyatek cucumber, note its resistance to the infection with powdery mildew, root rot, tolerance to peronospora.
Zelenets has a cylindrical, oblong shape. Its surface is srednebugorchataya, covered with frequent, delicate fringe. The fruits of the hybrid can reach a length of 12 cm, have a diameter of up to 3.5 cm, and a mass of 90-100 grams. The flesh has a dense structure, a sweetish, bitter-free taste.
The yield of the variety reaches the value of 13.2 kg / m2, and from one bush it is really possible to get about 5-7 kg of vegetables of excellent quality. Fruit picking is practiced in the stage of Pikul, gherkin. In time, the specimens with the most large sizes, which are barrel-shaped, were not torn from the bushes, do not spoil, do not outgrow, due to which they also have excellent taste.
The disadvantages of the hybrid include only the high cost of its seeds. Nevertheless, it is more than paying off the above-listed advantages of culture. If you need the best seeds of cucumber, you do not need to save, since the purchase of planting material of Zyatek variety will fully justify itself in the future.
Planting crops for seedlings and the recommended growing pattern in the garden
Having learned when it is possible to plant cucumbers for seedlings, looking at the lunar calendar, it is necessary to sow the seeds at the end of April. To do this, you should prepare a suitable container in advance (peat pots, cups of nutrient soil). It is preferable to plant cucumbers for seedlings immediately in separate containers, since the hybrid does not tolerate the picking procedure very well.
The appearance of seedlings of 3–4 true leaves is a signal of their readiness to transplant to open beds. A gardener who has calculated how many days cucumbers are sprouting on a seedling can safely perform this procedure from late May to early June. For planting in a greenhouse it is better to prefer the middle of May.
Soil temperature should not be lower than + 12 ° C, as Zyatek variety is considered to be very thermophilic.
Unnecessarily early plantings can lead to rotting of the roots, stalks, and to prevent such a situation, you need to find out which covering material is better for cucumbers and to protect senets from the cold.
The recommended planting scheme of bushes is as follows: 50 x 50 cm. Reduction of the interval is not welcome, since the crop needs a lot of light for good development and abundant fruiting. Plants planted too closely will shade each other. In priority - growth on 1m.kv four cucumber bushes.
A good performance is demonstrated by planting crops on high ridges (70 cm wide, 20 cm high) prepared by autumn. Straw, sawdust, fallen leaves, peat, mowed grass are placed in excavated trenches with a depth of about 30 cm. In the spring, manure is laid over this layer. The contents of the trenches are watered with a hot aqueous solution of potassium permanganate. To improve the quality of the soil, humus, wood ash, and mineral fertilizers can be added. Lime is added to an excessively acidic soil.
Features agrotechnics hybrid Zyatek
Bushes on ridges should be spud after the formation of 2–3 knees in them to stimulate the pasture of additional buds. This operation is repeated in the period preceding flowering. Pinching of young plants in the formation phase of 5 leaves is allowed.
Watering beds made in the morning. Non-cold water is used to irrigate the bushes. After absorbing moisture, the soil is loosened. During the growth of shoots to the middle of the row spacing loosening stops. Scourge should be carefully laid out to ensure the convenience of harvesting. The vegetable grower will need to constantly engage in the removal of weeds.
The installation of trellis for cucumbers, which makes it possible to save space on the site, which does not allow the plexus of branches, creates the conditions for the best illumination of plants, improves irrigation, and picking fruits, has proven itself well.
The gardener will need to adjust the quality, number of stems. Shoots 0.5 m long on which flowers are not formed, the ovary, are subject to pinching.
Timely feeding of culture is very important, especially in a period of intensive growth. The introduction of potash and phosphate fertilizers has proven itself well. Watering the bushes with a solution of a mullein (1 kg) infused in water (a bucket) for 10 days and then diluted in a ratio of 1:10 is welcomed. This procedure is performed once a week.
Growing Zyatek cucumbers on the beds will not be difficult, provided that agricultural techniques are properly performed. The award to the industrious vegetable grower will be to get a wonderful harvest. Delicious cucumbers will certainly be approved by households and guests.