Artichoke is a herbaceous plant that has been useful since antiquity and has been used to treat various diseases.
The artichoke has not only a unique look, but also a taste, and it is also famous for its beneficial properties.
Artichoke is popular for more than 5 thousand years. In ancient Greece, Egypt and Rome, it was used to treat pathologies of the liver and gall bladder, and they also purified blood. At that time, it was considered to be a potent aphrodisiac and was called a delicacy. They appropriated the magic power to the vegetable and assumed that if it was used regularly, an heir would be born.
The artichoke plant looks like an unopened kidney, covered on top with fleshy scales. Homeland plants is considered the Mediterranean coast.
In France, it was impossible to eat this plant to women, as it was famous for its erotic properties. He came to Russia only in the 18th century during the reign of Peter I and was grown as an ornamental plant.
The artichoke is considered a garden and decorative vegetable in countries with warm climates; it is common in France, Italy, Spain and South America.
It has an interesting composition and contains fats, proteins, calcium, carbohydrates, iron, but, besides that, it is rich in vitamins and acids. In the inflorescence is about 3% protein, 15% carbohydrates and 0.1% fat. The plant also contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, C, P, inulin and carotene. Organic acids in the composition included: chlorogenic, caffeic, glyceric, glycolic and quinic acids.
The petals, which cover the plant outside, contain essential oils, so the artichoke has a refined and unique taste. 100 grams of a useful plant contains only 47 kilocalories, therefore he deservedly received the title of a dietary product.
- Artichoke is used as a prophylaxis of cardiac and oncological diseases. It includes a large amount of rutin and quercetin, which helps get rid of free radicals. If you compare its effect with drugs, it resembles chemotherapy and slows the growth of cancer cells,
- If you constantly use the leaves of the plant, bad cholesterol begins to fall in the blood, while the risk of developing strokes, hypertension and heart attacks decreases,
- It has a vasodilating effect. A large amount of potassium in the composition helps to reduce blood pressure,
- Helps the liver to cleanse and improve its work,
- It contains fiber, which helps normalize digestion: stool improves, constipation stops, and the risk of malignant tumors in the stomach decreases,
- Due to phosphorus in its composition, the brain is optimized, vitamin K does not allow neurons to collapse, so the plant is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
In addition to the above, the plant can reduce hangover. If you constantly use the artichoke, then the bones and teeth will be strengthened, and the body's metabolism will improve. The diabetics will also benefit from a vegetable, because there is inulin in it, replacing sucrose.
The plant has very few harmful properties. Mainly it is not necessary to apply it to people suffering from pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, and it is also contraindicated in hypertension and gastritis. Do not give it to children under 12 years old., pregnant and lactating women and people with renal insufficiency.
Artichoke for women
The plant is considered magical for the weaker sex, because it has a rejuvenating effect, and also fights the development of most serious female pathologies. Consider the benefits of artichoke for women:
- Ascorbic acid can reduce the risk of cancer,
- Folic acid will benefit those women who are planning a pregnancy, but if the pregnancy has occurred, then it is no longer recommended to use an artichoke,
- The artichoke contains retinol, which, when used, helps eliminate wrinkles and helps the skin look healthy and elastic,
- The plant is considered a natural aphrodisiac, therefore it has a stimulating effect, and the risk of conceiving a child increases,
- Will help to normalize blood pressure in the pelvis.
For men, the plant is also useful because it helps to establish and restore potency, as well as its good use for the prevention of prostate diseases.
Vegetable can be used in the form of extracts, extract, juice or tea. And each of these uses has its own beneficial properties.
Facilities, containing artichoke extract, used to treat liver and kidney failure, with rheumatism and dermatological problems. The extract is of two types:
- Water solution. Before use, mix 200 ml of water together with ¼ tsp. hoods This dose should be divided into three doses and drink 30 minutes before eating food,
- Alcohol solution. In 1 liter of vodka add 100 ml of funds and 15 ml of honey. Mix everything well and drink 15 ml 3 times a day also 30 minutes before meals.
The extract helps to improve digestion, lowers blood sugar, helps the bad cholesterol out of the body, removes all toxins and salts.
Artichoke juice is used as a rub. He is a great helper against alopecia: every day it should be carefully rubbed into the scalp and literally in 15−20 days the hair will not fall out. Also, juice is useful to drink for men who have problems with potency: only 55 ml before breakfast and sleep will help to forget about this ailment. In addition, the juice is great for problems with urination and dropsy.
Artichoke extract allows you to clean the body of toxins and toxins, and also improves the functioning of the kidneys and liver. The drug is available in the form of capsules or tablets. It is used for the following diseases:
- With a weak gall bladder, when the flow of bile is too weak,
- With renal failure of chronic nature and prolonged hepatitis,
- During flatulence, bloating and heaviness in the stomach, as well as constant belching,
- With atherosclerosis.
Drug capsules should be consumed 3 times a day, preferably 30 minutes before eating, and during the meal you can drink tablets. The minimum course of administration is 1 month, in some cases a second course is prescribed, but no less than 5-7 weeks.
Artichoke tea is a natural diuretic that helps normalize blood glucose levels, eliminates the growth of pathogenic microflora in the intestines, and also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. To prepare a useful tea, you need to brew 10 grams of dried leaves of the plant in 400 ml of boiling water and leave for about 5 minutes. As prevention and treatment, tea should be consumed three times a day before or after meals. To improve the taste, you can add honey to it.
Vietnamese tea incorporates artichoke leaves, stems and roots. Packaged and loose tea brewed in different ways. But a piece of tea mass must be put in a container and pour boiling water, and then beat until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Tea is used to prepare infusions and decoctions.
Artichoke is used not only in traditional medicine, as the world has already recognized the benefits of plants. Therefore, in recent years, most pharmaceutical companies engaged in the production of medicines, which include a useful vegetable. Artichoke will benefit men and women, will help to protect against the development of serious diseases, as well as help to normalize all the processes occurring in the body.
The uniqueness of a vegetable lies in its functionality of use. Having tried it once, it will be possible to refuse expensive medicines and at the same time the treatment will be natural and safe. In the kitchen and in cosmetology, the artichoke will also become a real king, which is difficult to exchange for something else.
How to use?
The most delicate and valuable part of the artichoke is its core, hidden under a layer of more hard and bitter leaves. At the same time, in the very center of this core, a bundle of hay is hidden, which is also inedible. Young artichokes can be eaten even raw, but in most cases they are still boiled in water with the addition of vinegar or lemon juice (in order to avoid blackening of the leaves). Before cooking, the artichoke is cleaned from several upper layers of leaves and the inner layers are cut to the middle. It should be borne in mind that after cooking the artichokes are not stored for a long time. After boiling, water saturated with mineral salts can be saved and subsequently added to soup or broth, thus giving them a special flavor.
Italians prepare hundreds of dishes using artichokes. They are fried, boiled and baked, added to pizza, pasta, rice, soups and salads. But perhaps one of the most famous artichoke dishes is "Artichokes in Roman" (Carciofi alla romana).
- 4 artichokes (best mammaole roman varieties)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- lemon juice
- several lemon balm leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated crackers
- 1 garlic clove
Roman recipe for artichokes
Peel the artichoke from the outer dry leaves, leaving only the core. Grind the cores and remove the hay from them. Leave 5 cm of the artichoke stalk and clean it and the artichoke itself from unnecessary external fibers. During this operation, try to keep the artichoke stem not shorter than 5 cm. Place the artichokes in a container filled with cold water with lemon juice so that the leaves are not blackened.
Chop together garlic, lemon balm and parsley. Stir in breadcrumbs, pepper, salt and dilute with a small amount of olive oil.
Take the artichoke and "fluff" the leaves with your fingers as much as possible and drain all the water out of it. Start the artichoke with a mix of rusks and greens. And fill not only the center cleared of hay, but also the space between the leaves. Repeat the procedure with all the artichokes.
Stuffed artichokes set in a deep pan or pan (the height of the sides should be equal to the height of the artichokes) so that their “head” is at the bottom and the stems at the top. Make sure that the artichokes are strong and will not fall during the cooking process. Fill the artichokes with a mixture of water and olive oil (50/50). Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, and then on low heat for about 20 minutes depending on the size of the artichokes.
Serve the artichokes covered in the sauce in which they were cooked.
A very common option is to serve this dish along with anchovies in oil (without oil) or salt (without salt). Anchovy slices cut into small pieces are simply placed between the artichoke leaves.
Roman artichokes are usually served hot, but are also good as a cold snack.
How to clean and cook artichokes | Nuances and secrets| Nuances and secrets
My book "The system of life balance" Download for free at https://goo.gl/jso3am https://goo.gl/nPTR4g unique recipes of the Italian Kitchen http://www.marialedda.com/ my site https: // goo .gl / vFfAhp - I at Insta https://goo.gl/B74vnp - The community of developing girls in VK https://goo.gl/ue56U6 - Sign up for my Italian Culinary Marathon. Soon we start! . RECIPE Heat olive oil. Add 4-5 cloves of garlic, then sweat them together for a couple of minutes. Then add all peeled artichokes along with the legs. Stir all the ingredients for about 2-3 minutes. Then add hot water 2 cm from the bottom of the pan (or pots) and continue cooking the artichokes over high heat, stirring constantly. Salt it. Do not close the lid. Bring to a state of soft crunch, try not to digest. After 15 minutes, your artichokes should be ready.
Well, very tasty - Artichokes!
Baked Artichokes - for cooking you will need: artichokes, salt, black pepper, olive oil. OUR SITE FAMILY KITCHEN http://familykuhnya.com/ Our new channel! HappyLife Family https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUdHxVVLBD-p9k2b7Fywarg
How to cook the artichoke. A dish of artichokes. Carcophie. A simple recipe. My dolce vita
"Winter King" of Mediterranean cuisine - artichoke! Artichoke is a delicious delicacy with a unique taste and its properties. And the most common dish of artichokes is Karcofi. Preparing easy, fast and very tasty dish is obtained. This is an appetizer, a side dish and as an independent dish. Recipe under the video. As well as links to other delicious dishes! How to cook the artichoke. A dish of artichokes. Carcophie. A simple recipe. My Dolce vita Ingredients: Artichoke 3pcs. Garlic 5-6 cloves Salt, pepper, parsley Olive oil Water 0.5 cups ____________________ 20 minutes # simple prescriptions # Moydolcevita # checked recipes # cooking # festivedish # how to make # how to make #Annazubar #Carcophi # How to make # artichoke #Dish izartistochok ****************************** The video uses music: Silent Partner "Blue Skies" ********* ************************* Hello! It's great that you went to my channel My Dolce vita! My name is Anna. And I have something to share with you. I love to cook and feed my friends and loved ones, and in my money box there are many delicious recipes that I share with you! Join my channel My Dolce vita! And delight your loved ones with tasty and simple dishes, tested for taste !! EVERY WEEK, on my channel there are new, simple and tasty homemade recipes, tips on needlework, and not long ago I opened the Travel playlist. I will be glad to you and your questions and comments. Always likes for likes !! Subscribe to my channel My Dolce vita, comment, thanks for likes, it is always nice !! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8SH3dFpFmGLZSEtGP6nmEQ ********************************** Fasting meals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uBCjLyTGe4&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzWDyDjcgXH0LRdRYCiZA_LA ********************************** * Recipes for the New Year and holiday table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMNEtTJWzM&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzUtKYGf5Cragqwndt3TABJz *************************** ********* Snacks for every taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR4vBmgpr5M&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzWm2xO6G_oQ2Rfxmn9qJyAs ******************* *************** Salad Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWbKdVV-P8g&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzXvwsZIrEgK7G6TDLIprRGx ************* ********************* Meat dishes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GILfCpd2dq0&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzUyhqqV6BI45rEMWGQ_qMLt ******** ************************** Fish dishes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80sAu_YI1RU&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzUQIke2y6Z8Ok_QDd4AfL ur ************************************ Baking. Any sweet, salty, yeast and puff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOuR3i7eWc&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzVEo171eM47gYVk2mis1uFB ********************************** ** Cakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlCG5aI7Sls&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzVwxtyRTGKElBZnF6PUTNro ****************************** ****** Seafood - Seafood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtXusugSkIY&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzWCWxYzATzMsKJcfyuf_8xd ************************ *********** Vegetarian recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh4QxAQ1MeE&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzUdcOiFkUWi3YsD7mrSG_56 ******************** **************** Soups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gHee0edOnA&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzVp2abMniLCx4RyBRs_SDUG **************** ******************** My handicraft, crafts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnNY0MmhqUc&list=PLmTbgc6P8XzXu7tt456BfvgCGaHz56Q32 ******** *************************** JOIN THE SOC. NETS: Group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1144276518966024/ Group on Odnoklassniki: https://ok.ru/moyadolcevita Vkontakte Group: https://vk.com/club124977828 You can start earning in Youtube on their videos. Join the affiliate program. Just follow the link: https://youpartnerwsp.com/join?102837
Artichokes in a frying pan in Roman / Carciofi in padella / Artichokes in the pan
Artichokes in a pan in a Roman family recipe of my friends / Carciofi in padella alla romana a modo mio / Artichokes in the pan italian recipe https://youtu.be/ZyxyFkGBK7M Ingredients: Artichokes, parsley, garlic, mint, salt, black pepper, glass water, olive oil ingredients: artichokes, parsley, garlic, mint, salt, black pepper, a glass of water, extra virgin olive oil ingredients: carciofi, prezzemolo, aglio, menta, sale, pepe nero, un bicchiere d'acqua, olio d'oliva extravergine artichoke, how to cook artichokes, how to cook artichokes, artichokes, how to cook artichokes, artishok, prepare artichokes, how to prepare artichokes, kak prigotovit artichok
Selection and storage rules
Before you start cooking, you need to choose a product. It should be fresh fruit with tightly fitting leaves. Take the artichoke in hand - when ripe, it should be quite heavy and firm when pressed, otherwise it is believed that the buds are not fresh and stale. Also pay attention to the color - it should be smooth and not contain brown spots. The question immediately arises as to what kind of artichoke tastes. It is a bit like a walnut, only with some savory flavor.
The size of the selected fruits is not important, but remember that when preparing their diameter is significantly reduced, therefore, to prepare the dish you need to take the weight of the product two times more than necessary.
Store artichokes for a week in a cold place, previously placed in the package. Boiled fruits should either be eaten immediately or frozen, otherwise they will get a black tint and a bitter taste.
Of all the varieties, only two types of food are used: a sowing campaign (otherwise it is called spiny Cynara scolumis), and also a cardon (known as Spanish artichoke Cynara cardunculus). At the first representative, only meaty receptacles are suitable for eating, i.e. bottom (bud base), in the second - fleshy petioles of basal leaves. According to the recipes from artichokes prepare a lot of delicious dishes: salads, hot and cold, pizza, pies, pasta and even bakery products.
Cooking quickly and tasty cabbage rolls from Peking cabbage
Marinated artichokes are not only healthy products, but also very tasty. True, the preparation of fruits requires prior preparation, otherwise it will be impossible to eat them.
Marinating four medium sized fruits will require 2 lemons, 3 liters of water, and spices. В качестве последних берется: 3 веточки свежей петрушки, пару долек чеснока, 0,3 л оливкового масла, соль и перец по предпочтениям и бальзамический уксус в количестве 2 ст. l
Итак, рассмотрим, как готовить артишок в маринаде:
- Для начала готовят лимонную воду, выдавив сок одного цитрусового в глубокую емкость, заполненную 3 л воды.
- Следующий шаг – подготовка артишоков. В ход идут крупные и мясистые.
- Плоды тщательно промывают от грязи и попавших в лепестки песчинок, обсушивают на бумажном полотенце. Далее при помощи кухонных ножниц отрезают жесткие чешуйки и счищают жесткую верхнюю кожицу с плодоножки.
- Также срезают приблизительно 1-2 см с верхушки бутона. Далее нужно удалить волосистую несъедобную часть. Удобнее всего это делать столовой ложкой, но так, чтобы не повредить мясистую часть плода. В результате вы должны получить мягкое донышко, которое и идет в приготовление.
- Очищенные бутоны разрезают на две половинки и снова тщательно промывают.
- Поскольку артишоки быстро темнеют – их сразу же кладут в лимонную воду на 5-10 минут. Это поможет сохранить цвет лепестков.
- Приступают к варке. Содержимое емкости переливают в кастрюлю, ставят на огонь и доводят до кипения, после чего уменьшают огонь до среднего и отваривают бутоны в течение 30-40 минут. Все зависит от их зрелости и плотности.
- Готовность артишоков проверят вилкой – она должна свободно погружаться в мякоть. Сваренные плоды вынимают и дают остыть.
- Тем временем готовят маринад из мытой и рубленой петрушки, продавленного через пресс чеснока, соли, перца. Также вливают уксус и масло по вкусу.
- Когда артишоки остыли, их немного отжимают от воды, разрезают на более мелкие части (не очень мелко), выкладывают в заранее простерилизованную банку и заливают маринадом. Банку плотно закрывают крышкой и отправляют в холодильник на два часа.
Подборка самых вкусных рецептов мясной запеканки
Маринованные артишоки могут использоваться как холодная закуска, или идут для приготовления других блюд. Например, из них готовят очень вкусные салаты с артишоками.
During cooking, you can take your own set of spices, for example, thyme, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon, hot pepper, as well as any other vegetable oil.
Want to add a little bit of exotic to your diet? Prepare a hearty, juicy and incredibly tasty artichoke dish - stuff them.
To prepare take the ratio of 6 buds and ground beef 0.3 kg. Additionally, you need one lemon, 6 potato tubers, 3 tbsp. l lemon juice, the same amount of olive or any other vegetable oil, a bunch of fresh parsley, spices and salt according to preferences:
- First prepare the artichokes, as in the previous recipe, and soaked in lemon water.
- On a hot frying pan with butter, roast the minced meat with finely chopped onion. There also add spices and parsley and stew until tender.
- Now stuffed artichokes, laying stuffing in the middle and between the petals.
- Potatoes are peeled, cut into cubes, placed in a pressure cooker, watered with vegetable oil, and stuffed buds are placed on top. Pour in some water and stew for about 20 minutes until the dish is completely cooked.
If there is no pressure cooker, you can use a thick-bottomed saucepan or a deep frying pan.
Pasta with artichokes, spinach and cheese
Due to the perfect combination of products, the dish turns out to be incredibly tasty and satisfying. In addition, it is suitable not only for a family dinner, but also for guests.
Original, tasty, aromatic blackberry wine
To make this artichoke recipe, you will need 2 cups of pasta, ½ ct canned and already chopped artichokes. In the same amount of fresh chopped onion and spinach. You will also need 3 garlic cloves, 0.5 tsp. garlic salt, a glass of cream, 2 tbsp. l corn starch, salt and pepper to taste. From cheeses use grated Swiss cheese, parmesan and mozzarella in the amount of 1 tbsp: ¼ St.: 2 tbsp. respectively. Also in the dish used 225 g of cream cheese.
- Boil the pasta and recline in a colander. Work quickly so that the pasta is cold.
- Chopped canned artichokes with spinach, onions, garlic passed through a press, and grated cheese are mixed in a container until smooth.
- Add hot pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the cream, mix and spread in a baking dish, after having pre-lubricated it with butter.
- Spread the mass equally in shape, sprinkled with a small amount of grated mozzarella.
- They are sent to the oven to cook at 200 ° C until the cheese is melted and I have an appetizing crust.
The finished dish is served hot, as a whole, and cut into portions.
17.05.2018 22:00 15135 0
Available after registration
What is this artichoke and what is it eaten with? Many have seen this plant in photographs and on shelves in stores, but few people in northern countries have an idea of what an artichoke is and how to cook it.
The big lovers of artichokes are Italians, and they love them for several reasons. First of all, his gourmets praise him for his unique taste. Secondly, the product is versatile in preparation and is famous for its beneficial properties. It remains to figure out how to cook artichokes at home.
Why in Italy?
Artichokes were loved by the Italians for being available for most of the year, from October to June. There is also a huge number of plant varieties that pamper us with their inflorescences only once a year. Italy - the world leader in the production of artichokes. The most important part of the plant is in young unopened flowers that are eaten. The older the inflorescence, the more dangerous its use in food. In the shops you can find a huge number of varieties, they are round, oval, green or even purple. Officially, the world knows more than 90 varieties of artichokes. The best recipes for cooking artichokes are known to Italians.
What are artichokes?
The usefulness of the fetus is that the product contains the most essential elements for the normal functioning of organisms. These are iron, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins, malic and citric acids. The most useful part of the artichoke is the core, and it hides under a layer of rough, bitter-tasting leaves. However, all that is inside cannot be eaten, in the very center of the core there is a bundle of hay that is not suitable for consumption.
Young fruits can be eaten even raw, but more often they are simply boiled in water with vinegar and lemon juice. They love artichokes and losing weight, as the fruits are low-calorie and are perfect for any diet. Artichoke dishes provide a long-lasting feeling of satiety thanks to a record amount of fiber.
How to choose the artichokes?
The most useful fruits should be dense, with heavy buds. The size of the artichoke does not affect the maturity, in contrast to color. Fruits should be smooth in color, without spots. When buying artichokes for a specific recipe, remember that after cleaning the inflorescence will decrease several times, so count the right amount correctly. It is recommended to store the fruits in the refrigerator, after placing them in a bag that closes tightly. However, do not tighten; the fresher the artichokes, the tastier they are. Raw fruits can be stored for about a week, cooked - no more than three days.
How to process and peel artichokes?
Before cleaning the fruit, prepare a container with cold water, in which you should first add vinegar or lemon juice so that the inflorescences do not acquire a dark shade. It is also recommended to wear gloves, as artichoke juice can stain the skin. If there were no gloves, but I had to clean the artichokes, then you can wash off dark spots with vinegar or lemon juice. Modern housewives love to freeze the fruit, as it is very convenient. Without defrosting, they are added to the dishes. If pre-cooked artichokes, they should be frozen immediately, because they will soon begin to darken.
Fruit cleaning is a real art. First you need to get rid of hard petals, it is important not to damage the core. Then remove the hard upper part, then cut off the stem area and clean the base. If the artichoke has a hard core, it will also have to be cut, for convenience, the purified inflorescence should be divided into several parts. Immediately after cleaning, the artichokes should be sent to water with lemon juice or vinegar. It remains to figure out how to properly prepare the artichoke.
Baked artichokes with carrots and onions
The most popular and extravagant way to cook artichokes is to bake them with onions and carrots. Prepare to prepare ten medium-sized artichokes, one medium onion, two small carrots, half a lemon, salt and oil, preferably an olive. How to cook artichokes for weight loss?
- While the oven warms up to two hundred degrees, wash the artichokes, but do not peel them.
- Next, each inflorescence should be hit on the table, so that they are a little open. Just his inflorescence for the stem.
- After the stalk has completed its mission, it should be cut off and put the artichokes on a baking sheet, which are pre-greased with olive oil.
- Bake the fruit for at least 45 minutes, the leaves should have a dark brown color, similar to burnt.
- While the artichokes are stewed in the oven, stew the onions and carrots to a soft state.
- After the artichokes are cooked in the oven, you need to get rid of the upper leaves. If they are well prepared, then the sheets are easily detached from the core.
- Put the stewed onions and carrots on a baking sheet, and on top of them - already peeled buds and send to the oven for a few more minutes.
- While the artichokes turn red in the oven, beat the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. This kind of sauce should be poured ready meals, and you can start the meal.
Italian cooks note that already cooked artichokes can not be cleared of leaves, but served on the table like this. This way the dish will keep warm longer. Also, you can simply cook the artichokes and eat as a separate dish, add to salads.
Wondering how to cook artichokes? Cook the salad! Such a simple dish tastes quite unusual and will become a real decoration of the table. For cooking you will need eight artichokes, lemon, garlic head, parsley, sesame, sunflower seeds (pumpkin or sunflower), salt, oil, preferably olive. Are the ingredients ready? You can start cooking:
- Peel the artichokes from the leaves and cut each inflorescence into four parts.
- Boil water and add lemon juice, a pinch of salt and sliced artichokes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for at least 20 minutes.
- While the artichokes are boiled, crush the garlic with salt until smooth, then add the finely chopped parsley or other herbs to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice and five tablespoons of olive oil to parsley garlic. Beat the future sauce, it should thicken.
- Put boiled artichokes on a plate, sprinkle with sesame and pumpkin seeds or any other seeds, and add previously prepared sauce on top.
This dish will appeal to lovers of tasty, and most importantly, low-calorie food.
Roasted artichokes in wine
Of course, such a method as frying can not be called dietary, but the artichokes turn out very tasty. The recipe is quite simple, and very few ingredients. Prepare eight large-sized artichokes in advance, a glass of dry white wine, vegetable or olive oil, salt and parsley to taste. The method of preparation is as follows:
- Peel the fruits and cut each into four parts, you can also cut the artichokes into plates.
- Lubricate the pan with oil and place inflorescences on it.
- Immediately add a glass of wine and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer the artichokes on low heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- Then add a drop of butter and fry the dish until the fruit is browned.
If desired, add parsley or any other greens. So the dish will look complete.
How to carve artichokes
First of all, prepare a bowl with water and squeeze the juice of lemons into it. This is necessary in order to preserve the color of the artichokes - they instantly darken during cutting. So try to dip the artichokes in lemon water more often. And leave them swimming there before you start cooking.
Now one by one we tear off all the upper hard leaves, getting to softer ones - we leave them!
It will look like an artichoke after the procedure.
But that's not all ... We turn to cleaning the legs of the artichoke. Remove the green shell along with the remnants of the leaves at the base.
This is what should happen.
Now cut the top of a flower vegetable with a knife. About five centimeters. So that the artichoke is no longer left green leaves with sharp tips. After trimming, you will see a purple heart inside. We also have to remove it.
We clean the shaggy heart of the artichoke. The most convenient way to do this is with a spoon for melon. But in principle it is quite possible to handle the usual.
In general, it is most convenient to scrape out all the shaggy spikes from artichokes cut in halves.
Here is how fully peeled artichokes look like they are ready to cook.
Now proceed directly to the preparation of artichokes.
So, you have purchased artichokes, and now you need to figure out what to do with them. Despite the rather impressive size, only a small part of this product is consumed, namely the base of the leaves and the root.
- This product should be boiled.
To do this, use a regular saucepan filled with water, a stewpan or a double boiler.
Tip! If you cook several fruits at once, then make sure that there is enough space between them. The fact is that when cooked, the artichoke becomes too soft and can lose its original shape.
Cooking time is about 45 minutes.
Tip! The readiness of the product is checked with a knife - when pressed, the blade must enter unhindered, as in oil.
How to eat artichokes?
Now find out how to eat artichokes. The biggest pleasure is that this product is eaten by hand. The bud is held in the left hand, and the right one is pinch off one sheet, the yellow tips of each are dipped in the sauce and dragged between the teeth, removing the flesh. Inedible parts are put in a separate container.
In this way, they reach the core of the artichoke, in which the inner fibers are located. With the help of a knife and fork, this so-called “hay” is separated from the spine and they start eating the most delicious part of the product.
Wine is usually served to artichokes - dry Rhine or Portuguese
But the artichoke can be eaten not only in boiled form, there are many recipes in which this product acts as one of the ingredients. Let's look at some of them.
- With 4 artichokes cut off the top, thorns and petioles.
- Place a tender part of a bud in water with lemon juice diluted in it.
Tip! This is necessary because the artichoke can quickly darken.
Garnish with a sprig of basil and enjoy the taste
Tabule with pickled artichokes
A few words should be said about pickled artichokes. They are miniature vegetables called mini artichokes. They are cleaned of coarse lower petals, pedicels and seed parts, with the result that only a bottom is left. The treated buds are boiled in a small amount of salted water with the addition of citric acid, cooled and put in small containers. Next, sprinkle vegetables with spices and pour marinade. The resulting product can be added to salads and other dishes, or there is just so.
- Half a glass of a mixture of bulgur and quinoa boil according to the instructions, cool to room temperature.
Tip! If you did not find the mixture, then these products can be boiled separately from each other, taking them in this ratio - 80% of bulgur for 20% of quinoa.
Tip! Cherry is used here as it gives little juice, but you can take any other sort of dense tomatoes.
Tip! The main thing here is not to over-salt it, since capers and artichokes in this recipe give enough salt.
Serve this oriental meat salad or as a separate dish along with fresh pita bread.