Today we are talking about red meadow clover, its medicinal properties and contraindications for use in traditional medicine.
Previously, red meadow clover was used only as animal feed. Now with the help of a plant, a dye for fabrics is produced, and dried flowers are even used as a dressing for hot liquid dishes, its fresh leaves are added as greens in salads, and they also shade the taste in dough for baking, brew tea with it.
Clover flowers are rich in vitamins, substances useful to people and animals, esters. In Russia, there are slightly less than a hundred varieties, which differ both in inflorescence, leaf shape, and composition rich in vitamins and minerals.
Popular representatives of this type of flowers in our area are the trefoil white and red, as in Latin is called clover.
These types of clover are the most unpretentious, like a large amount of sunlight, and they bloom quite early.
In folk medicine, grass clover is very loved. Usually both fresh flowers and leaflets are used, as well as dried ones.
Clover benefits for the body
What is useful clover?
The healing properties of red clover that few people know about:
- the plant is able to relieve inflammation, be it an abscess on the surface of the skin or a sore throat,
- can quite effectively reduce the sharply jumped temperature
- increases body tone, gives a person strength and energy,
- cleanse the body of the fungus (on the mucous membranes, on the skin),
- has a hemostatic effect,
- softens a strong cough, soothes the throat mucosa,
- improves the flow of bile, is used as a choleretic,
- cures dry and tired eyes,
- Cleans the lymphatic system
- has an analgesic effect.
In Russia, white and red clover is used in the following forms:
- - infusions on water, decoctions,
- - extracts in medicinal preparations,
- - tinctures on alcohol,
- - compresses.
Therapeutic properties of clover and use in traditional medicine
Folk healers appreciate red clover for its healthy composition and healing effects on the body.
The beneficial effect of clover drugs is as follows:
- Decoctions and infusions of clover will increase immunity, will lead to a normal state of metabolism.
- Medicines with clover extract will lower the content of harmful cholesterol in the blood, and, therefore, prevent the occurrence of atherosclerosis.
- The isoflavonoids that make up clover will strengthen the capillaries and increase the elasticity of the veins and arteries.
- The healing properties of red clover will also help with gynecological diseases.
Consumption of drugs from clover will eliminate PMS, regulate the menstrual cycle, prevent inflammation of the appendages, as well as some STDs, and make you feel better during menopause. Tinctures restore male power.
- Compresses and infusions from clover leaves will be disinfected and purulent open wounds will be tightened, burns will heal.
- Infusions of flowers and leaves fight against skin diseases such as acne, eczema, and relieve allergic itching.
- Baths with brewed trefoil will help restore strength, calm the nerves, establish a good calm mood and emotional balance.
- Tea brewed with the addition of meadow clover flowers, will soothe the throat with a dry cough, is effective in asthma during acute periods, and is indicated for bronchitis. This tea should be drunk until the condition is improved several times a day, it will not bring harm.
- White clover copes well with thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, effectively dilutes the blood.
Therefore, if a person has thrombocytopenia (the concentration of platelets to the blood is lowered, the blood does not clot well), then he needs to be careful when consuming this medicinal plant.
- If the stomach and intestines are upset, a decoction of red meadow clover will come to the rescue, as it has an astringent effect.
- When stomatitis, wounds in the oral cavity, the mouth needs to be rinsed with a clover water after each meal, the healing properties of the plant provide an antiseptic and wound-healing effect on the mucous membranes.
- For varicose veins on the legs, clover grass is applied externally, simply by overlaying the affected areas with fresh, dented plants.
- When eye inflammation is applied to them steamed dry clover grass in a marzulek.
- Red clover is used for low hemoglobin.
- The composition of the red clover includes valuable biological compounds that can prevent the occurrence of certain oncological diseases.
But here, too, should be careful, if a person has a predisposition to hormone-dependent forms of oncology, then these properties of clover during treatment may have the opposite effect.
Red Clover Flowers Infusion
A tablespoon of raw materials per cup of boiling water to insist an hour, drink a half hour before meals for a quarter cup 3-4 times a day. To apply at a heat and catarrhal diseases.
In the treatment of menopausal disorders, for the treatment of PMS, the infusion is made slightly stronger - 3 tablespoons per cup. Drink half a glass twice a day.
Clover contraindications, possible harm during treatment
For most people, clover is more useful than harmful, both with external and internal consumption.
But, like any other medicinal plant, red clover has its contraindications:
- The plant is contraindicated in pregnant women and women in the period of lactation, because the effect of clover compounds can cause hormonal failure. This should be taken into account both for ingestion and for external application.
- If there are blood diseases, treatment with a medicinal plant can trigger bleeding, because clover thins blood very well. That is why it is forbidden to use it several weeks before and after surgery.
- With persistent disorders of the stomach and intestines, clover is also contraindicated.
- Those who have heart problems, who have suffered a stroke should also forget about the use of this drug.
- With hormone-dependent forms of oncological tumors (such as, for example, cancer of the uterus, ovaries, breast), the use of drugs with clover extract can worsen the health and condition of the patient.
The list of contraindications, of course, impressive. In addition, the use of drugs with a clover content can also cause side effectssuch as skin rashes, hives, joint pain, muscle discomfort, headache, heaviness, nausea, bleeding in women.
Clover has a powerful effect on the body, the poet definitely needs to know its interaction with other medicines:
- hormonal drugs (estrogen tablets), contraceptives,
- drugs that increase the formation of digestive enzymes,
- drugs that slow down blood clotting,
- strong drugs that are used in oncology - red clover will reduce their action and effectiveness.
Thus, summing up the contraindications of meadow clover, it should be noted that the action of chemicals in clover is similar to the action of human hormones, therefore, if taken for a long time, the plant will not be beneficial, but, on the contrary, will cause harm.
Treatment of meadow clover without the supervision of a professional should not last more than a month.
Botanical description, the composition of elements
Meadow clover - a representative of legumes (Fabaceae), already in the 14th century was cultivated in Northern Italy. What does clover look like? Branched plant with stems growing up to half a meter and trifoliate leaves - joined together by three plates. Some of them are of oval configuration; they are oblong or narrow, with jagged or simple edges, obovate.
Petiolate leaves: lower - on long cuttings, upper - on short. They have stipules (thin and delicate leaves) of various ovate forms.
The color of the leaves is varied from light and dark green to gray-bluish or purple, with bright inclusions on separate plates.
The red clover has a developed root system. Its core roots resemble the shape of a cylinder or spindle. Small root hairs penetrating the top layer of the soil are abundantly trimmed with small nodules responsible for the nitrogen nutrition of the plant.
The penetration depth of the main root is up to two meters, but the main root mass below 0.5 m does not apply.
Clover flowers of small size, pink or red, are collected in the capitate inflorescences in the form of brushes or brooms. They have a five-petal halo in the form of a bloodworm.
In addition to the largest upper petals (sails), it is complemented by two side (wings) and two lower (in the form of a boat), usually fused together.
The fruit is a leathery-type bob, the seeds are ovate, yellowish, small, spherical or elongated, from one to six pieces, opened at the end of the season.
The flowering period is long, from May to September, which during the growing season allows various useful natural elements to accumulate in the biological mass of clover. Grass, flowers, roots of plants represent a large pantry of substances needed by a person in the leaves, inflorescences of vitamins A, C, E, vitamin (B1) with riboflavin (B2). Trace elements of magnesium, potassium supplement not less significant chromium, iron, in abundance of trace elements calcium, selenium. Flavonoids and organic acids are present, the content of carotene, salicylic acid, and necessary fiber is observed. The provision of oils (essential and fatty), proteins, fats, tannins content is noted.
Useful qualities, practical application
Since ancient times, clover grass, thanks to its rich palette of universal qualities, used by medicine, used in agricultural production, light industry. When cooking (cooking), in cosmetic procedures products from clover are used.
These are medicinal preparations obtained from the herbal mass (leaves, heads), juice and clover roots. Dietary supplements, mixtures, syrup products should be included in the extensive list. The treatment of many complex diseases (pneumonia, atherosclerosis, hypertension, heart work, etc.) is associated with drugs developed from this wonderful plant..
Useful qualities in medicine:
- Herbs and flowers of clover are the basis of decoctions and tinctures for internal use, rinsing, and therapeutic bath procedures. Ointments, powders, along with shampoos and lotions, thanks to the clover component, successfully act against skin diseases,
- Clover stimulates and strengthens the diuretic and diaphoretic possibilities of the body. These possibilities of the plant are taken into account when anti-inflammatory, antiseptic treatment, for obtaining expectorant, hemostatic, astringent effect,
- Clover grass decoctions help against liver pain and disorders in the bile ducts. Their help is resorted to with urolithiasis, disorders in the bladder, inflammation of its appendages. They remove puffiness, purify blood, regular intake of clover decoction increases the functional state of all important organs of a person.
- decoctions of clover heads and leaves, solve the problem of anemia and low hemoglobin. A person taking this decoction produces a protective reaction against pulmonary tuberculosis, with hemorrhoids, bleeding has a positive effect on bleeding,
- Clover's healing sides provide suppression of inflammatory processes, microbial infections, prevent the accumulation of fluid.
Cold and pneumonia, bronchitis can be successfully countered by using clover infusion. Sore throat, burns, rheumatism will not be able to harm the health of the person regularly taking it. Rinsing with infusion of the oral cavity eliminates the inflammation of the gums, the appearance of stomatitis, the treatment of external wounds speeds up the healing process:
- The anti-sclerotic property of preparations made from clover makes it possible to successfully cope with disturbances in the functioning of the heart and its vessels, in the event of atherosclerosis. Their appearance in the body strengthens the walls of blood vessels, lowers cholesterol. Receiving infusion normalizes blood pressure, improves poor health associated with headaches,
- the effect of clover has a positive effect on the circulatory system: blood composition indices return to normal, venous blood circulation is normalized, stops bleeding, reduces blood loss during heavy periods,
- having in its composition biologically active compounds (flavonoids), clover provides oxygenation of tissues, which inhibits the body's fading, promotes metabolism, the process of fat metabolism,
- clover grass and flowers used in medical therapy provide significant relief from cancer diseases, fungal infections,
- for women who are breastfeeding, drinking clover tea stimulates the formation of milk (lactation) in them,
- decoction of clover in the treatment of boils and pustules acts on them depressingly, until complete disappearance, rinsing the hair on the head - eliminates dandruff and loss,
- bee honey collected from the clover sites has healing properties, nectar from the flowers of the plant provides it with useful antioxidants. This helps hypertensive patients suffering from attacks of high blood pressure, and those who have undergone atherosclerosis safely recover after treatment.
In agricultural production
The unique properties of meadow clover are in demand in crop production, feed production, and in agriculture:
- Being a valuable feed crop with a high (up to 15%) protein content, clover is known as a source of proteins and carbohydrates. As a green feed for cattle, it is used in animal husbandry, in the preparation of haylage and silage,
- due to the developed root system penetrating the upper half-meter layer, clover improves the structure of the upper soil layers, assimilating atmospheric nitrogen by nodule bacteria located on the small root hairs, increases its content in the nutritional balance of plants and contributes to an increase in soil fertility, plowing the oblique clover mass as a siderate gives him preference as a green fertilizer.
In light industry, culinary production:
- Clover juice or frayed grass mass is used as dyes for dyeing fabrics in production,
- Vitamin salads from young clover leaves are useful, with sorrel in green cabbage soup. Powder of dried leaves in the first dishes (soups, broths) helps from children's diathesis, colds, kidney diseases,
- so that the aroma and savory flavor distinguished branded bakery products, it is enough to put the ground leaves and flowers of clover in the dough,
- clover has valuable melliferous qualities that allow honey collected from its areas to not crystallize for up to two months. In the future, it turns into a thick powdery mass with a pleasant and delicate taste, fragrant, different white.
Despite its medicinal qualities, in some cases, clover may have contraindications:
- this is varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, the occurrence of cancer, the effects of myocardial infarction, is not recommended for pregnant women, if diarrhea occurs,
- a long intake of large doses is dangerous by reducing the male potency,
- Clover therapy for babies under 2 years old is not welcome without consulting a doctor.
Even in antiquity, there was a common practice among healers to resort to the help of meadow clover.
The recipes selected in the article will allow those who wish to take part themselves, without resorting to laboratory equipment and reagents, but using exclusively household improvised means. As a source of raw materials are used properly harvested in natural conditions clover heads, leaves with stems, roots, inflorescences. In their absence, the necessary material to find in pharmacies or pharmacy departments.
Clover infusion of flowers for the liver
A tablespoon of flowers is filled in with 250 ml of boiling water and placed in a shaded place for ½ hour. It is filtered, no more than 70 grams of infusion is taken in the morning, lunch and evening hours half an hour before meals. In addition to the liver, it helps in the formation of kidney stones.
Infusion of flowers during menopause
Pouring three teaspoons of the crushed dry mass of flowers into a container, add 250 ml of boiled water and leave to stand in a shaded place for an hour. After straining, use in the morning four times, in equal intervals of time, combining with food, but one third of an hour before it.
Infusion against hypertension
20 pieces of dried clover flowers are poured with 1 liter of boiling water, and let stand for at least hour. The infusion is taken after filtering in the morning, before lunch and in the evening for four weeks. Accepted in cases of migraine, neuralgia, with the cleansing of blood vessels.
Clover against diabetes
Dried 5 grams of flowers pour 250 ml of boiling water and leave to infuse for ½ hour.. После процеживания, приём начинают с утра, до завтрака, в полдень и вечером, до ужина. Разовая доза одна столовая ложка. После трёхнедельного приёма необходим десятидневный отдых, перед повторным курсом.
Клевер против заболеваний на коже
400 grams of dried grass clover with flowers is filled with boiling water in the amount of 2 liters and set to brew in a shaded place for 4 hours. It is filtered and poured into a bath filled with water no hotter than 37 degrees. The procedure lasts half an hour and is repeated every other day. After ten baths the course ends.
Clover against gastric ulcer
The crushed dried root mass (20 grams) is poured with boiling water in a volume of 250 ml, covered with a lid and its boiling continues according to the rules of a water bath. Boiling time - ½ hour. After cooling, the broth is filtered and topped up to the initial volume. Reception starts daily from 9.00 am until breakfast. The recommended dose is no more than one tablespoon. The total number of receptions per day is five.
With a decoction of clover against pustules and boils
Dried flowers (10 grams) are poured over 250 ml of boiled water and boiled for one minute. Then for two hours placed in a cool corner for settling. After filtering the broth, the pustules and boils are treated with lotions attached to the affected areas.
Clover tincture for alcohol from atherosclerosis
Dried clover heads fill up to half the capacity of one liter and add 500 grams of vodka. To insist, choose a dark cool place and place the filled container for 1/2 month. At the end of the period, the resulting infusion is filtered, while pressing the flowers. Reception is carried out daily before meals in the morning and evening. The volume of a single dose - one tablespoon. The treatment period takes 90 days. The use of infusion normalizes intracranial pressure, passes a painful condition of the body - headaches, noise.
Clover Honey Against Atherosclerosis
Mix honey (one part) and lemon juice (three parts), mixing them thoroughly. Place in a cool place for a day. Take the same daily dose (teaspoon) in the morning, afternoon and evening during the month.
Meadow clover: description
Clover is a perennial plant. It has a slightly pubescent stem and small spherical flowers of red, lilac or white color. Belongs to the legume family. Under favorable conditions, it grows to 30-50 cm. The root system is branched and has small tubers at the ends.
Flowering plants occur in the middle and end of summer. It is at this time that it should be collected for storage. The culture fully ripens in late September. It is at this time that the plant gives the beans, in which there are seeds.
There are about 120 species of this plant. It is considered the most useful clover. Often clover is grown as feed for livestock. More grass used in traditional medicine and cooking. Inflorescences are considered especially valuable.
Culture grows in Europe, Asia, northern Africa and the territory of the Russian Federation. Grass can be found on meadows of medium moisture, along field roads or in forest glades.
The plant is rich in nutrients and, when properly applied, can bring invaluable benefits to human health. Grass can be grown in their own area or harvested on their own. If this is not possible, then the plant is purchased at a pharmacy. The price of 50 g of dry grass varies in the region of 50-70 rubles.
The chemical composition of herbs
The grass of a clover meadow grows everywhere. Known to almost everyone. Despite this, only a few use it in traditional medicine, and even fewer people use it in cooking. It is rich in nutrients such as glycosides, steroids, coumarins, saponins. The plant contains vitamins K, B and E. Saturated with ascorbic acid. It contains phenol carboxylic acids, as well as tannins. Contains quinones and fatty vegetable oils. Clover also contains carotene, flavonoids, salicylic acid, and a number of valuable macro and micro elements. It is the rich chemical composition of the plant that relates clover to medicinal herbs and gives it a mass of beneficial properties.
Properties of meadow clover
The meadow clover is a storehouse of useful elements. It has anti-inflammatory, tonic, wound-healing, antitumor, antiseptic, diaphoretic, antisclerotic properties. Able to have expectorant and diuretic effects. Grass has astringent and choleretic effect. It will help stop the bleeding.
The properties of meadow clover have found their application in medicine, as part of many medicines.
The use of culture in medicine
What does meadow red clover treat? This question is asked by people who are at least familiar with the properties of this herb. Let's start with the fact that the plant can be used both locally and inside, in the form of various tinctures and decoctions.
Fresh leaves of culture are used for complex wounds and ulcers that do not heal for a long time. They are finely chopped and applied to the sore spot. Similarly, the herb is used for burns, abscesses and other diseases of the skin.
Meadow clover (properties and contraindications are described in detail in the instructions for use, but if the herb was bought at the pharmacy) is contained in choleretic and chest preparations. In the presence of rashes in infants, a decoction of this plant is added to the bath.
For the treatment of inflammation in gynecology applied clover root. It is also used as an additional agent in the treatment of cancer and tuberculosis.
Grass stems are effective in the treatment of scurvy, malaria, rickets. Reduce cholesterol in atherosclerosis. Broth clover can relieve headaches, deal with dizziness and increase appetite. Herbal tincture is used to treat asthma, anemia, shortness of breath, metrorrhagia. Clover juice will help to cope with cough, cold, bronchitis, gout, poisoning. Effective in exudative diathesis and frequent fainting.
Clover decoctions have been used in the treatment of anemia, gastritis, scrofula, asthma, chronic prolonged cough, diathesis, urolithiasis and cholecystitis.
The plant is able to relieve women from the discomfort during menopause: eliminate inflammation,
- remove vaginal dryness
- stop hair loss
- rid of insomnia
- increase libido
- relieve fatigue
- soften the tides.
The herb is used for epilepsy, sore throat, high blood pressure, boils. The plant is used for boils, insect bites or animals. Indications for use are painful menstruation, gynecological diseases and anorexia.
The presence of a number of therapeutic properties due to the rich natural composition of clover. The composition of this meadow plant includes a mass of substances, various trace elements and ingredients that positively affect the human body. The most valuable are the flowers of the plant and its leaves.
The chemical composition of medicinal clover includes:
- vitamins: E, C, K and a number of vitamins of group B,
- macro- and microelements: chromium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, selenium, iron, magnesium,
- essential and fatty oils,
- glycosides (triphosilin, isotrifolin),
- resinous substances
- organic acids (coumarin, salicylic), etc.
Each of these components contributes to the improvement of the body and its saturation with nutrients.
About the healing properties of clover has been known since ancient times. The rich natural composition of the plant allows its use as an ingredient for the treatment of many diseases.
Red Clover has:
- choleretic effect.
The composition of red clover is unique. For example, triphosilin, which is part of the plant contributes to the destruction of fungi and harmful bacteria.
Meadow clover is used for:
- reduce sugar and cholesterol,
- treatment of neurosis (to calm the nervous system)
- eliminate fungal infections
- treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system,
- normalization of the gastrointestinal tract,
- cleansing lymph and blood
- gout treatments
- removal of toxins,
- treatment and prevention of coronary heart disease.
Due to the anti-inflammatory effect, traditional medicine uses clover as an ingredient in the treatment of hepatitis, colds and lung diseases. Also, the plant is used to cleanse the circulatory system.
Meadow grass normalizes the work of digestion in some intestinal disorders, it also helps to remove toxic substances and accumulated excess fluid from the body.
Meadow grass is also used in the treatment of:
- insomnia and headache
- respiratory diseases (cough, bronchitis, tuberculosis),
- catarrhal diseases
- constipation and rectal disorders,
- skin infections
- eye diseases,
- whooping cough and scarlet fever
- rheumatism and arthritis.
The beneficial properties of clover are used to treat heart swelling and atherosclerosis. The use of decoctions based on this plant contributes to the normalization of the cardiovascular system and the dissolution of cholesterol plaques.
Benefits for women
The healing properties of meadow clover are of particular value to a woman’s body. The plant is popularly called "female grass", as it helps in the treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system.
The benefits of red clover for the female body is that it contains phytoestrogens, that is, female hormones. These natural substances normalize the reproductive system and improve women's health.
Diseases of the female reproductive system treated with clover:
- ovarian disease
- vaginal irritation,
- uterine bleeding,
- menopause symptoms
- inflammation of the fallopian tubes,
- genital infections
- painful periods, etc.
In the period of menopause, the medicinal properties of meadow clover are used special medicinal extracts. This ingredient allows you to minimize the symptoms of menopause: eliminate vaginal dryness, hot flashes, fever and insomnia.
To reduce the symptoms of menopauseA woman is recommended to use a special decoction. For its preparation you will need two tablespoons of fresh inflorescences and red clover leaves. All parts of the plant are steamed in a glass of boiling water and let it brew for half an hour. We take medicinal decoction three times a day, 1/2 cup. Use the tool before meals. The course is one month.
Clover-based decoctions increase estrogen levels, which decrease during menopause, and also normalize the hormones of a woman.
When using this recipe it is very important to pay attention to contraindications. Clover decoction is not recommended for women who have very low blood clotting. Reception is also forbidden when a previous heart attack or stroke occurs.
Clover infusion is recommended to use with pain during menstruation, as well as hormonal disorders. For this, it is recommended to use either pharmaceutical (packaged) tea on the basis of clover flowers, or home infusion. To make it, two or three flowers of the plant are brewed in a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 15-20 minutes. Eat 0.5 cups 2-3 times a day. The course is one week.
Use in traditional medicine
Meadow clover is widely used in alternative medicine. Based on it, various folk remedies are prepared that are used for the treatment and prevention of various diseases. Traditional medicine for the preparation of recipes uses flowers, stems and red clover leaves.
Very useful to increase immunity clover-based tea. To do this, a few flowers steamed, allowed to infuse and add a spoonful of honey. By the way, red clover is a wonderful honey plant.
Based on it, they prepare healthy honey. It can also be added to tea as the main ingredient, or eat one or two teaspoons per day to prevent colds, as well as to increase the protective functions of the body.
In case of hypertension, clover-based tincture will help. Take 1 tbsp. l red clover (fresh or dried), pour 250 ml of water and put in a water bath. Bring to a boil, then let stand for half an hour and filter. The scheme of application is as follows: in the morning on an empty stomach, we use half a cup, then ¼ before lunch and ¼ before dinner. The course of treatment is 10 days. Then a break of two weeks.
This remedy has a number of contraindications, among them: the tendency to diarrhea, increased blood clotting, thrombophlebitis, the course of taking estrogen, etc.
Red clover tincture is also prepared on vodka. We take flowers and leaves of the plant in equal amounts and pour them into a glass, hermetic container. Fill with vodka. Let us brew for two weeks in a dark cool place. Stir periodically. Consume 2 tbsp. l daily at bedtime.
Indications for use:
- headaches and tinnitus
- high pressure,
- bronchitis and bronchial asthma,
- joint pain,
- uterine bleeding and painful periods, etc.
When uterine bleeding is very important not to exceed the dosage specified in the recipe. Otherwise, the agent may cause a backlash.
Folk remedy for loss of strength and vitamin deficiency. We take two tablespoons of dried inflorescences and fill them with a glass of boiling water. Insist 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and honey spoons. Drink water instead of tea 2-3 times a day.
Clover infusion is suitable for the treatment and prevention of cancer. Prepare it according to the recipe:
- Fresh flowers of meadow plants are well washed.
- Take a three-liter jar and fill it.
- A little we tamp, put a tea mushroom.
- Pour two tablespoons of sugar.
- Fill with water, leave two centimeters from the edge unfilled.
- Cover the jar with gauze and leave for seven days.
The resulting infusion in the presence of cancer eat half a glass before each meal for several months. In order to prevent oncological diseases, we drink the infusion twice a day - in the morning and in the evening.
Medication for the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis: We take two tablespoons of flowers and fill them with 200 ml of boiled water. Cover the ingredients with a lid and leave to infuse for a few hours. Consume 2 tbsp. l twice a day before meals. Course - 21 days. This recipe removes bad cholesterol, and also cleans the blood and blood vessels.
For decoction for the treatment of psoriasis and eczema You will need 100 g of inflorescences of red clover and violet and 80 g of yarrow flowers. The resulting collection mix and two tablespoons of raw materials pour 400 ml of boiling water. Insist 6-7 hours, then filter. Eat half a cup four times a day, before meals.
Meadow clover decoction will help normalize cholesterol:
- It will take 1 tbsp. l dry or fresh flowers and leaves of the plant.
- Put the raw material in the pan and pour 100 ml of warm water into it.
- Cook in a water bath, over low heat, for about 10 minutes.
- Give the water broth 40 minutes brew, then filter.
- Consume 2 tbsp. l decoction during lunch and bedtime. The course of treatment is four months.
- After a month of admission you need to take a week break, then continue the course of treatment.
For heart pain we take 15 purple inflorescences of a plant we fill in 200 ml of water. Cook the ingredients in a water bath for 5 minutes (on low heat). After that, let the broth brew for 10 minutes and then filter. We drink three times a day before meals.
Useful herb decoction after surgery and radiation therapy. Take 2 tbsp. l purple flowers and pour them 250 ml of boiling water. Give brew for 10-20 minutes, then filter. Eat one glass before lunch and dinner. Women suffering from estrogen-dependent cancer, it is better to abandon the use of decoction, as it provokes the growth of cancer cells.
With sore throat, colds and sinus You will need the following ingredients: 100 g of wild rose, 2 tbsp. l meadow clover flowers and half a liter of water. Shred rosehip and pour it into a thermos, add flowers. Fill with boiling water and insist 4-5 hours. We filter the present broth and use half a cup in the morning and evening after eating.
Healing bath and ointment
You can prepare a healing bath for urticaria and skin irritation. Fill the bath with water (the temperature should be 37-39 degrees Celsius) and pour clover infusion into it. The procedure should take no more than 20 minutes. Classic recipe: 2 tbsp. spoons of inflorescences pour a glass of boiled hot water and insist 15-20 minutes.
Preparing an ointment on the basis of red clover flowers:
- Take 100 g of dried medicinal herbs.
- Fill it with 200 ml of sunflower oil (you can also olive).
- Give brew for ten days.
- The resulting tool is filtered and put in the fridge.
- We use for surface application.
This tool has a disinfecting, healing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action.
Indications for use: skin rashes (acne, acne, acne, boils), fungal diseases, and infectious skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and pressure ulcers).
Use in cosmetology
Red clover is actively used in cosmetology. Based on it, various skin and hair care products are made. The flowers of the plant are part of many creams, shampoos, gels and balms.
At home, cosmetics are used in the form of masks and special water decoctions with this ingredient, which rejuvenates the skin and enrich it with useful substances.
Маска на основе этой травы устраняет мелкие морщинки, подтягивает контур лица и обогащает кожу витаминами. Also, the tool with its base can even be used to eliminate dandruff and hair loss for rinsing instead of water.
For anti-aging mask four inflorescences and six leaves of the plant are needed. Thoroughly chop everything and add a spoonful of honey. Milling all components to a state of homogeneity. Add a few drops of any essential oil. Mix and apply on face for 15 minutes. Then wash off with water.
Mask for all skin types:
- Take 1 tbsp. l both parts of the meadow clover.
- Grind in a blender, mortar or grinder.
- Add one egg, a spoonful of honey and kefir.
- All thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous consistency.
- Apply on face and neck for 20 minutes.
- It is important that the skin is pre-cleansed.
- Rinse with cool water and apply a nourishing cream.
Broth with puffiness of the eyes easy to cook at home. Brew one teaspoon of dry or fresh leaves and inflorescences of a plant and brew them in half a glass. Next, cool and filter. We take cotton pads, dipping them in the resulting solution. We close our eyes and make lotions, noting 20 minutes. After that, wash the remaining broth and let it dry on the face and eyes on their own.
For shine and strengthen hair all parts of the plant (stems, leaves, and inflorescences) will be needed. Three spoons of crushed raw materials pour two cups of boiling water. Cover and insist for three hours. Strain it and rub it daily into already washed hair.
Cooking infusion against dandruff. Fill two art. l purple flowers plants 200 ml of boiling water. Give brew and rub into the scalp every evening. Movement should be light and massaging.
Clover juice helps against gray hair. We take 150 g of flowers and 100 g of leaves of meadow grass, chop up with a blender. The resulting juice daily rubbed into the scalp.
The conditioner is suitable for greasy hair. Take the ingredients: 3 tbsp. l crushed clover inflorescences and 2 tbsp. l juniper berries. Pour 400 ml of boiling water and let it brew. We use a healing infusion to rinse hair with each procedure of washing the head.
Collecting and harvesting
To use the plant for medicinal purposes, it is very important to know how and where to collect the plant. The tool can be purchased in dried form in pharmacies, and can be collected in places remote from industrial enterprises, gas stations and roads.
The flowering time of meadow clover is the beginning of May - the middle of September. It is best to harvest medicinal raw materials in the middle of summer. It is recommended to collect plants for ingredients in sunny, dry weather. To do this, select remote places - meadows, forests or fields.
It is necessary to break the tops of the stems with buds and leaves. Put on paper and smooth out a thin layer. The ideal place to dry the grass is open, well ventilated area, where the sun's rays do not fall. It is very important not to overdry the plant, otherwise it will begin to lose its useful properties.
It is best to store dried clover in a linen bag or a glass, hermetic jar. Shelf life - no more than one year.
Clover flowers are small, pinkish-red (hence the name of this species). Inflorescences loose, may be oblong or rounded. There are single heads, but more often you can see paired, wrapped in 2 small leaves. After flowering, clover gives a single-seed ovoid bean.
This plant is also called trefoil - the leaves, indeed, it has trifoliate, broadly ovate, petiole. Upper leaflets are more elongated; small teeth are noticeable along the edge of the lower ones. As the sun sets, the leaves fold.
Clover peduncles can grow to different heights ranging from 15 to 60 cm. They are located not on the main stem, which is very short, but grow from the sinuses of the root leaves. The root itself is pivotal, but quite branched.
Red and meadow - is it the same thing?
In nature, there are 2 types of trefoil - red and white. It is the first called meadow. The other type is popularly called porridge or white creeping clover.
In folk medicine, mainly red meadow shamrock is used. It has a richer composition of useful components.
For therapeutic purposes, take inflorescences with the upper leaves. They contain a large amount of various glycosides, organic acids (the main ones are coumarin and salicylic), carotene, sityrol, essential oils, flavonoids, minerals and vitamins. Clover is especially appreciated for such components as starch, ascorbic and folic acids, vitamins of group B.
In folk medicine, clover is recommended as a generally applicable prescription for the treatment of diseases, so an individual approach is taken into account, based on gender. With the help of drugs of this plant, you can quickly solve women's and men's problems.
Aid for heavy bleeding has already been mentioned above, but this is not the full benefit of clover for women. The herb helps regulate the menstrual cycle and cope with its syndrome (PMS). Various gynecological diseases are effectively treated and internal inflammations are eliminated.
Find their use drinks from inflorescences with sexually transmitted diseases. In parallel, apply infusions externally as a means for douching. And for menopausal women, clover will make it easier to enter menopause, eliminating hot flashes and relieving chest pains.
Men can use folk remedies with clover to solve any health problems. But especially irreplaceable drugs with "male weakness." Clover-based products can compete with the popular "Viagra", being more useful from impotence due to its naturalness.
Taking decoctions of clover, tinctures for vodka or red wine, a man will not only return his erection, but also become more interested in the opposite sex. So these tools can be considered a kind of aphrodisiac and even used in cases where there are no problems with potency - for prevention.
How to brew
Resorting to the popular recipes, you need to know how to properly prepare this or that means of clover. Only then will it bring the greatest effect.
In ancient times, clover in Russia was called grass for the soul and was actively brewing invigorating teas from it. For a basis, you can take the classic version (boil dried grass with boiling water), and then vary the composition of the tea to your preferences:
- clover mixed with sheets of currant and St. John's wort in a ratio of 4: 2: 2,
- on 5 parts of meadow inflorescences take 1 part of Hypericum and mint,
- The aroma and taste of this composition are unique: 4 parts clover, 2 parts St. John's wort, currant leaves and mint, 1 part oregano.
Hypericum is not accidentally present in every recipe - it enhances the properties of clover. Sweeten tea is better with honey, not sugar - so it will be healthier.
To cook the broth, enough inflorescence and clover leaves (3 tbsp.) Pour a glass of boiling water, put on the fire. When it starts to boil, they are torn down for another 1-2 minutes, removed and allowed to infuse for 2-3 hours. Accept according to the recipe, pre-treating. In the refrigerator, you can store the drink for no more than 3 days.
Cooking red clover decoction: video
For the use of infusion in each case are recommended their own proportions of water and inflorescences of clover, which should be considered. As a general tonic and prophylactic agent they drink this infusion - 1 tbsp. a glass of boiling water. Soak under the lid for half an hour, filter and use 1/3 cup before eating.
Dried and fresh clover blossoms can be infused with medical alcohol, vodka and wine:
- 4 tbsp. raw materials are poured with alcohol (0.5 l), insist for a decade at room temperature in a dark container,
- a liter jar is filled to the top with fresh clover heads, poured with vodka (0.5 l) and insisted for 2 weeks in the dark,
- here, clover heads will be needed in the seed formation stage - 1 tbsp. pour a glass of hot red wine and insist for at least a week.
All cooked tinctures before use must be drained by squeezing clover raw materials.
Prepare a vodka tincture of clover according to the recipe indicated above. Take 1 tbsp. on an empty stomach and before bedtime. The course of treatment lasts 3 months, and as a result, headaches disappear, dizziness and tinnitus disappear, and intracranial pressure stabilizes.
To remove cholesterol plaques by using such a tool. Fresh inflorescences (100 g) pour boiling water (0.5 l). After boiling, boil another 5-6 minutes and insist 3 hours. Strained drink you need to drink during the day for several receptions, adding 1 tablespoon to the decoction. honey
In the inflammatory process, it is not the inflorescences that are used for the greater effect, but the roots of the plant. For one and a half glasses of water they take 3 tbsp. raw materials, tormented in a water bath for half an hour, then filtered. It is necessary to pour boiled water into the broth in order to restore the original volume, and only then take 3-5 times before eating. The maximum course duration is 3 weeks, then a break of at least one month.
Women of balsac age are advised to drink clover teas, pouring a glass of boiling water over 3 tsp. flowers. Insist 1 hour, then filter and take four times a day, will distribute 1 cup for 2 visits.
Liter of boiling water need to pour 20 heads of dried inflorescences and insist 15 minutes. During the month, drink a glass of tea 2 or 3 times a day, after which not only the pressure normalizes, but the blood vessels will be cleaned, which will strengthen the work of the heart.
For skin diseases
Drinks of clover, used inside, help to clean the blood vessels and restore metabolism. This has a positive effect on the treatment of many skin diseases. But it is also recommended to use products externally, washing the problem areas with decoctions and infusions, make lotions and compresses of them.
Fresh pounded grass gives a good effect - it is placed on sore spots. And fresh juice of a clover wipe the inflamed skin.
Dry clover flowers (2 tablespoons) are poured over with 2 cups of boiling water, covered with a lid, wrapped and infused for 5 hours. Strained drink is distributed into equal portions and drink (heated) throughout the day. After applying this infusion, it is recommended to lie down a bit under a blanket - an active sweating will go, and with it the cold will go away.
Collection and storage
The collection of meadow clover for medicinal purposes differs from that which is carried out in fodder procurement. Raw materials can be harvested throughout the entire flowering period - from late spring to the very frost. But the most valuable inflorescences are collected, collected in the middle of summer. If in the recipe it is recommended to take seed germs or root, then blanks are made in the middle of autumn.
Cutting off all inflorescences should not, carefully choosing juicy heads. The time for collection is from 9 am to 4 pm In this case, the weather should be dry and sunny. If there is moisture on the grass, it is impossible to collect clover - it will rot further.
It is necessary to dry the blanks away from sunlight by choosing a dark, cool room with good ventilation. In the process of drying, the grass, laid by the 1st layer, is mixed, checking for availability.
Before the dry grass is removed for storage, it is reviewed, discarding the darkened inflorescences. After that, it is packaged in paper bags or fabric bags (not in jars and polyethylene!) And stored in a dark corner of the cabinets, away from moisture.
Clover, if it is used for other purposes, can cause such negative reactions of the body as:
- vomiting reflex,
- pressure drop
- allergic skin reactions
- muscle pain.
Before using the herb should consult a doctor, as a number of medicines can not be combined with clover.
Growing clover at home
If you can, you can grow clover at home, especially since the plant is very unpretentious in the care.
For planting culture requires a sunny or slightly shaded area. Seeds are collected only from biennial plants, but to ensure better seedlings, it is better to purchase them in the store.
One square meter takes about 300 seeds. Pre-planting material is soaked in water for several hours. Immediately before planting, the seeds are mixed with the earth in a large container. In this form, planting material is evenly distributed over the site and covered with a layer of earth, the thickness of which should not exceed one centimeter. During the first seven days after planting, the soil should be well moistened. Pour water from a hose equipped with a spray.
The first shoots will appear two weeks after sowing the seeds. Since clover is a perennial plant, it is not necessary to sow it every year. Despite this, experts recommend every three years to update the herbage to improve the quality of the grass.
Clover sown until mid-summer, only in this case, he will be able to mature and gain a foothold on the site.
Storage is carried out in dry, tightly closed containers. Allowed to keep the grass in a canvas bag, paper box. Dry plant stored up to two years, and the root - up to one year. It is necessary to try to update the stock annually, since during long-term storage the clover may lose its useful qualities and its further use will lose all meaning.
Reviews on the use of plants
It has the most controversial clover meadow reviews. Healing properties and contraindications, unfortunately, are not always taken into account during patient therapy, which naturally affects the final result.
Positive opinions indicate that clover helped get rid of acne on the back and face. People prepared a decoction with him and took a bath. According to them, the result was noticeable on 3-5 application. Acne began to go, but new ones did not appear. There are those that clover helped with stomach ulcers, reduced pain. These patients took a decoction of clover for a month and under the supervision of a physician. The herb helps with coughing, bronchitis and asthma. She has a cold faster. Women often drink decoction of clover with inflammation of the appendages and during heavy periods. Helped the plant and with frequent fainting, dizziness, high cholesterol and atherosclerosis. Even now, according to people, the meadow clover strengthens the immune system well.
Negative reviews do not advise drinking clover decoction unchecked. According to users, it can greatly reduce the pressure, especially with prolonged use. The herb thins the blood well, so people with cardiovascular diseases should be careful. Some, because of this particular plant, take clover not all the time, but alternating with other herbs. Clover can also cause allergies and hypersensitivity reactions. In this case, you should completely abandon the treatment with this herb.
In general, patients are satisfied with the results of therapy. They drink broth of this culture 2-3 times a year, for the treatment and prevention of certain diseases. They note that more frequent use threatens with negative consequences for the organism. There are those who find white clover more useful than red.
Description and distribution of meadow clover
Description of meadow clover (Trifolium pratense L.): belongs to the family of legumes (moth) (Fabaceae).
This is a perennial sprawling herb with a thin straight stem up to 40-50 cm high. It has a stem branchy root.
The leaves are triple, long-petiolate, elliptical.
The flowers are pinkish or red, collected in a rounded or oblong inflorescence. The fruit is a single-seeded bean. Blossoms in July and August. Fruits in August and September.
Spread: widely distributed on the territory of Russia, growing on meadows, forest edges, along roads, cultivated in the fields as a legume plant.
Growing up: grass clover meadow is very unpretentious, but prefers a moist, loamy, neutral soil and a sunny place. Propagated in the spring by dividing the bush, as well as sowing seeds that are pre-soaked for 12 hours.
Healing properties of flowers and roots of meadow clover
Pharmacy name: meadow clover flowers.
Used plant parts: inflorescences (clover heads with apical leaves) and roots.
High healing properties of meadow clover are explained by the presence of active substances in the plant. The various parts contain: benzaldehyde (benzoic aldehyde) - col., Biokanin A - krn., Rast., Colloid. . 120 mg%, vitamin K complex - hers., Hesperidin (citrine, vitamin P), 6a-hydroxyamak-ain - leaf, gamma-linolenic acid - in oil 19.07-23.4%, maakaiin - leaf, medicagol - leaf , stb., medicarpin - list, methyl salicylate - ef. oil color., Pizatin - list, provitamin A (carotene) - fresh raz. 10 mg%, salicylic acid - col., Stigmasterol (stigmasterol) - col., Folic acid (vitamin B9, vitamin B, pteroylglutamic acid) - leaf, form-nonetin (biohanin B) - crn., Rast., Stb. sheet.
Collection time: flowers - June-August, roots - after vegetation.
Collection: inflorescences are harvested from early summer to autumn at the beginning of bud opening. Dry in the shade or in dryers at a temperature not higher than 40 ° C. Seeds are harvested from August to September. Срок хранения — 1 год. Корни клевера лугового выкапывают осенью, моют и сушат в сушилках с вентиляцией при температуре 40°С. Срок хранения — 2 года.
Благодаря высоким целебным свойствам корни и трава клевера лугового используются в народной медицине при астении, авитаминозе, малокровии и атеросклерозе.
Clover has expectorant, astringent, diuretic and antiseptic effects. It is used for acute respiratory infections, diarrhea, kidney disease, as well as malaria, scrofula.
As antiallergic and anti-inflammatory remedy, the grass of meadow clover is added to the fees for the treatment of bronchial asthma.
The roots are part of some antitumor fees.
Also in folk medicine recommended the use of meadow clover for lotions for burns and in the form of poultices with boils and boils.
Economic purpose: young clover leaves are added to salads, greens to cabbage and botwevigny. Previously, the leaves were dried, ground into powder and added to rye dough when baking bread, as well as in sauces and in the manufacture of cheese.
Unblown inflorescences can be leavened like cabbage and added to salads.
A valuable honey plant, but nectar is available only to bees with a long proboscis, therefore honey productivity is only 6 kg of honey per hectare of crops.
To increase the attendance of clover by bees, Professor A.F. Gubin developed a method for training bees to visit clover. It is made as follows: dilute 500 g of sugar in 0.5 liters of boiling water, allow to cool and put clover flowers in the syr, insist from 3 to 5 hours. Or you can make a syrup with honey: 1 part of flower honey into 2 parts of water, boil for 30 minutes, let cool and lay flowers. Cooked syrup is enough for 10 bee colonies. Early in the morning, before the bees started the flight, a saucer with 100 g of syrup is placed on the frame for each family. The procedure is carried out daily, while clover is massively blooming. In the future, prepare syrups with flowers of other plants that have bloomed. When training bees for red clover, the honey collection increases by an average of 12%, for pink clover - by 25%, for white clover - by 51%, rape - 20%, rape - 41%, alfalfa - 16.5%, white clover - 44%, mustard - 32%, raspberries - 57.5%, heather - 23.5%, field turnips - 41%, horse beans - 86%, onions - 80%. At the same time, the number of
seeds, which can be collected from these plants.
In beekeeping valued all kinds of clover.
Honey is one of the best varieties, it does not candy for a long time, it has an amber rich color and is very fragrant, slightly malleable, and it melts gently in the mouth. Useful for colds.
The following are recipes for the use of meadow clover in traditional medicine.
Recipes of folk remedies from clover for the treatment of diseases
Recipes of folk remedies based on clover for the treatment of various diseases:
- Infusion: 2-3 tablespoons of herbs for 2 cups boiling water, to insist 30 minutes (daily dose). Drink in 3 receptions for 20-40 minutes before meals.
- Tincture: 4 tablespoons of clover flowers for 0.5 liters of vodka, insist in a dark place for 10 days, filtered. Application of meadow clover tincture: 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. The course is 3 months.
- Infusion for anemia, jaundice: 3 teaspoons of clover flower heads for 1 cup of boiling water, leave for 1 hour in a closed vessel, filter. Application of meadow clover according to this recipe of traditional medicine: 1/4 cup 4 times a day 20-30 minutes before meals.
- Decoction for anemia, whooping cough, bronchial asthma, bronchitis, skin diseases, painful menstruation, headache: 10 g of grass per 100 ml of water, boil for 5 minutes. Take 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day, regardless of the meal.
- Infusion for painful and irregular menstruation: 2 tablespoons of clover for 1 cup of boiling water, insist 8-12 hours. Take an infusion of meadow clover for this prescription of traditional medicine for 1/4 cup 20-30 minutes before meals.
- Infusion with inflammation of the ovaries: 1 tablespoon of clover roots for 1 cup boiling water, boil in a water bath for 30 minutes, let cool and filter. Take clover infusion according to this popular recipe and take 1 tablespoon 4-5 times a day before meals.
- roots with inflammation of appendages: boiled clover roots are used in clinical nutrition for inflammation of the appendages. During the meal, it is necessary to additionally eat 1 tablespoon of the roots, adding to soups and cereals.
- Oily infusion with dropsy and joint pain: Fully fill the glass jar with fresh red clover flowers, add vegetable oil, insist in a dark place for 40 days (make sure that the mold does not form on top - the flowers should not protrude from the oil). Store this folk remedy based on clover in the refrigerator without filtering. For dropsy, take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times daily before meals. When pain in the joints do daily rubbing.
- Infusion for malignant external tumors: 2-3 handfuls of clover pour boiling water, hold for 10 minutes, drain the water. How to take clover infusion correctly: In warm form, use steaming grass for 1-2 hours to make lotions on sore spots. In summer, with the same purpose, apply a slurry of fresh leaves.
- Ointment: fresh flowers pour water in the ratio 1: 4, in a water bath, in a covered dish, evaporate to a viscous consistency, filter and mix with an equal amount of ointment base (petroleum jelly, fats, lanolin).
- Tea for diabetes: daily drink tea from clover (instead of regular tea), brewing 2-3 dried clover heads in a glass of boiling water, to insist for 10-15 minutes.
- Infusion for allergic skin diseases, vitiligo, vasculitis: 3 teaspoons of dried tops with bracts per 1 cup of boiling water, leave for 1 hour. Take an infusion of meadow clover according to this recipe for 1/4 cup 4 times a day. At the same time make lotions or poultices: brew 2 teaspoons of flowers in a glass of boiling water, and leave for 5-6 hours, preferably in a thermos. Time lotions is not limited.
- Infusion with multiple sclerosis: 3 teaspoons of flowers or clover seeds in 1 cup boiling water, leave for 1 hour. How to take clover infusion: 1/4 cup 3-4 times a day 20 minutes before meals, or: take seeds 3 times a day and 1 teaspoon 3 times a day between meals, drinking water.
- Juice with gray hair: if at the very beginning of graying every year from time to time rub into the roots of hair squeezed from clover juice, then graying will noticeably slow down for a long time.
Despite the high beneficial properties of meadow clover, there are contraindications to its use:
- You can not use drugs for hormone-dependent forms of cancer (pathology of the reproductive system affecting the uterus, ovaries, mammary glands in women, prostate and testicles in men).
- It is necessary to stop taking clover medications when stomach pains and diarrhea appear.
- Medical contraindication to the use of meadow clover is a tendency to heart disease, stroke.
- Do not take with thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, increased blood clotting.
- Contraindicated in pregnancy.
- Sometimes there is an individual intolerance to the preparations of the plant.
- Red clover contains isoflavones from the group of isoflavones (biochanin-A and formononetin) and coumestanes (coumestrol). On the advertising slang is "phytoestrogens." Red clover, like soy, is widely used to prevent unpleasant symptoms of menopause. However, there is no data on its effect on the human body with prolonged and regular use. Experimental data to justify the use of red clover extract instead of real estrogens in hormone replacement therapy is also not enough.
- Also, a contraindication to the use of meadow clover preparations is reduced blood vessel permeability.
- Joint use of funds from clover and hormonal drugs such as AGTC (adrenocorticotropic hormone), cortisone, prednisone, prednisolone, etc. is contraindicated.
- Do not take clover drugs for hypertension, and especially for people who, against the background of a general increase in pressure, notice a significant jump immediately after sleep and in the morning.
The use of meadow clover in home cosmetology
Dry clover extract is a nourishing, anti-inflammatory, emollient, moisturizing, anti-aging, normalizing secretion, antifungal and hair growth-promoting remedy for oily, dry, fading, problem and dehydrated skin, as well as for oily hair. Introduced in cosmetics up to 1 to 5%.
Supercritical CO2 clover extract is a supercritical fluid extraction with natural carbon dioxide from flowers and grass of a plant. Oily mass of green. In cosmetic products used as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. Introduced in cosmetics from 0.01 to 0.1%.
Recipes for the use of meadow clover in home cosmetology:
- moisturizing mask: Grind 4 flowers and 9 clover leaves in a mortar, add 1 dessert spoon of honey, mix well. Apply a lot on the skin, the duration of the procedure - 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- moisturizing and toning mask for all skin types: Rub flowers and clover leaves, and mix 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes with 1 yolk for dry skin or 1 protein for oily skin, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of 1% kefir. Apply the mass to cleansed face and neck. The duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Infusion against dandruff: 2 tablespoons of herbs for 1 cup of boiling water, insist in a thermos for at least 2 hours, filter. Rub a warm infusion daily into the scalp for the night with light massaging movements.
- Bath Tonic: 50 g of grass per 3 liters of water, boil for 10 minutes, insist 20-30 minutes, filtered into a bath. The water temperature is 37-38 ° C, the procedure lasts 15-20 minutes.
- Infusion for the eyes (relieves puffiness): 1 teaspoon of crushed raw materials per 100 ml of boiling water, leave for 30 minutes, allow to cool, filter. Soak cotton pads and put on the eyes, the duration of the procedure - 25 minutes.
Contraindications: not systematized.
Clover good secret
Many people specially grow clover in their flower beds. This flower is fascinating for its beauty. At sunset, the flowers are closed, and with the first rays of the sun meet the new day and bloom. Clover blossoms can be red or lilac.
Interesting! Clover - an amazing plant, because it grows in almost all latitudes, even found in the Antarctic.
Many people are interested in what is so useful clover. What helps folk remedy, prepared on the basis of the flowers of this plant? All the benefits of clover lies in its component composition. Phytotherapists consider trefoil to be a real source of vitamins, minerals, and acids. The composition of the flowers of clover has such elements:
- salicylic acid,
- tanning elements
- essential oil components.
This is not an exhaustive list of all useful micro and macro elements. In clover inflorescences contains a huge amount of substances that have a beneficial effect on the human body. Recently, even in official medicine, clover blossoms have been used for the preparation of pharmaceutical preparations.
How to procure raw materials?
Before we talk about the beneficial properties and contraindications of meadow clover, let's find out how to prepare the inflorescences and leaves correctly. The easiest way to buy in the pharmacy is a ready-made collection. But you can collect flowers yourself.
Attention! We do not collect clover flowers growing near the road, landfill or factory, because they cannot be washed before drying.
It is better to collect flowers during the period of active flowering, in the morning, and only after the dew completely comes down. The flowers are laid out for drying in a secluded and shaded place. It is important to correctly determine the level of drying. Undressed flowers will quickly deteriorate, and dried ones will quickly crumble.
By analogy, clover leaves are harvested. After drying, they must be crushed to a powdery state and stored only in a tightly closed glass container.
Meadow clover - a gift of nature
In folk medicine, red clover has become very popular and in demand. The use of this plant has also found its niche in traditional medicine, cosmetology. On the basis of clover inflorescences make juices and infusions, teas, decoctions, honey, make compresses, lotions, masks, lotions.
Due to its unique composition, the meadow clover has the following properties:
Means of traditional medicine, prepared from inflorescences of clover meadow, are used to treat various ailments and pathological conditions, in particular:
- hepatic pathologies,
- dysfunction of the kidneys and biliary ducts,
- inflammatory processes in the appendages and bladder,
- blood pathologies,
- varicose veins,
- headaches of varying intensity,
- burn wounds,
- acute respiratory ailments,
- skin pathologies
- sore throats
- ailments having a cardiovascular nature
- increased blood pressure
- low hemoglobin.
On a note! Meadow clover from cholesterol is often used. Broths and tinctures help reduce the level of bad cholesterol, strengthen the vascular walls and clean the blood.
Means of traditional medicine on the basis of clover inflorescences are taken by women during menopausal pause. The composition of the flowers of clover has flavonoids, thanks to which metabolic processes are improved and aging is slowed down. In addition, normal fat metabolism.
Clover inflorescence tea is an ideal drink for women during lactation. Active ingredients contribute to the production of breast milk. You can not ignore the benefit of clover for the skin. Infusions and decoctions are often used for washing wounds, compresses and lotions. This herbal medicine is used to treat such illnesses:
The fair sex noted the benefits of clover for curls. Broths help get rid of dandruff, as well as strengthen hair and protect hair from falling out.
On a note! Powder made from dried clover leaves can be used as a food additive. Such seasoning is added to salads and first courses.
Clover is also used for feeding animals. It is not recommended to completely cut the flower. Carefully cut out the upper part with a scissors or pruner, that is, a flower with a couple of three leaves should be left for further reproduction of the plant.
All about contraindications
Important! It is not recommended to give to children up to two years any means of traditional medicine on the basis of clover inflorescences. An adult should consult with a doctor before using such a herbal medicine.
Herbalists do not recommend the use of traditional medicine, prepared on the basis of clover inflorescences, with the development of such ailments:
- severe forms of cancer pathologies,
- after a heart attack or stroke.
Women during gestation are also worth refusing clover tea. Special attention should be paid to the reaction of the body. In case of individual intolerance of any of the component substances of clover, the use of such a medicine should be abandoned.
Attention! Long-term use of traditional medicine with the addition of clover inflorescences can provoke a delay in menstrual bleeding, as well as a decrease in potency in the representatives of the stronger sex.
Moneybox of Popular Wisdom
For more than a year, and even a century, clover blossoms have been used to make traditional medicine. Let's look at the most popular recipes.
Clover infusion helps to cope with painful sensations during menstrual bleeding, as well as it is used to treat renal ailments and urolithiasis.
- 1 tbsp. l dried clover blossoms,
- boiling water - 250 ml.
Manufacturing and use:
- Raw materials are laid out in a glass or thermos container.
- Fill a glass of boiling water and shake well.
- Insist the decoction in a sealed container for 30 minutes, then filter.
- Accept such phytomeans three times a day, half an hour before meals. The dosage is 70 ml.
As already mentioned, clover inflorescences have become very popular in the treatment of dermatological ailments. With clover flowers you can take a bath.
- 0.4 kg of clover grass with inflorescences
- 2 liters of boiling water.